• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kendric at FB ....... or WATT ???

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Talks about bringing Derrick WATT in to kick the tires and it makes sense with him knowing the play book.
Pluss he'd come cheap...........................

STEELERS could be serious about Green at FB..........................

Puts a little perspective and seriousness into keeping the MULTI- talented athletic specimen......................

What does STEELER NATION think of this ?

Salute the nation

With that not even classifying as a rumor, I would say the odds are slim to none on Watt's return. Although I like the guy just don't see it in the cards.

As bad as we were at scoring TDs
Let’s get nasty
Give me Green at FB
Big 0 and Gentry at TE

Let’s get big and nasty
Let’s jam that ball into the EZ when they know it’s coming

Ya know the difference between jelly and jam DIC?

Ya can’t jelly the ball into the EZ!!!

Slobber knocker time

I would say I love watt but don't want to waste a roster spot on a seldom used position

He's on his rookie deal so he is cheap and they'll keep him because of that. Whether they actually bring him in to play FB, well; we shall see. Its a gimmick play and we have seen a lot of gimmicks with Canada. Jet sweep to Green at the goal line...

Green as a person seems to be a really good guy and teammate. Derrick is sort of “been there, done that”, so I doubt he will be even looked at.

Green has a chance of making the roster on his center / guard skills, now add in the FB possibility and WhoAla, you’ve a roster spot.

ADD in the fact he is cheap cap hit. #90 is signed and that influence of his brother on the roster is past as BOTH have been paid.

Salute the nation

Green is the backup fb. If we need another fb find an Ufa.

WatchingGreen in a couple drills I just don't think he is quick or agile enough. If Heyward can't fill this role they go looking on my opinion.

That is my concern as well, his quickness doesn’t seem fast enough.

Salute the nation

Green is actually doing backs drills at camp. it could work, it could not. Maybe a "heavy" package in short yardage situations? We'll see I guess. Leave Watt on the curb and have Heyward as that FB/TE X factor.

Dotson just got hurt so Id say Green is probably the odds on favorite to be the last Olineman retained now… totally unfathomable at the start of the offseason

Dotson just got hurt so Id say Green is probably the odds on favorite to be the last Olineman retained now… totally unfathomable at the start of the offseason

I saw that too, not sure of BIG Dot's severity of injury. Just read it was a shoulder.

Salute the nation

let me be clear about this… if I am running the roster, I keep only 2 RBs.

I have nothing against keeping McFarland or some unknown guy, but let’s be real… tge 3rd string RB is mostly a ST position and can be taken up by a dozen other backups…

Sure RBs are often injured, but Heyward has experience with the role and can cover in a short term pinch… there is a glut of experienced talent without a team already available even before rosters are trimmed that can be gotten in case of a long term injury and even if that pool dries up, it isn’t hard to find a young player that can hold down the backup role for a bit…

My concern is that there isn’t much of a free agent pool at OL and we were weirdly injury free last season.. keep an extra guy out of camp.. between that and whomever we stash on the PS we may have a fighting chance if this year we aren’t as lucky

If you want a true FB then it’s Derrick Watt. Don’t know why all the fuss though. We never used Watt when he was here which to me was a big mistake. Tomlin disregards the FB so why fool around with experimenting with a slug of an OL men trying to make him a FB. I said yesterday in another thread that this is nothing more than Tomlin being Tomlin and showing his stubbornness trying to find a spot for this guy. Horrible third round pick!

Dotson finished practice on a limited basis. He is fine.
Good news--

once i heard it was a shoulder...the injury seemed to not be too serious...

Very difficult for very large strong young men to seriously hurt their shoulders, especially if in pads..

Dotson finished practice on a limited basis. He is fine.

I wouldn’t say fine, but would say not long term. He left the practice wrapped and iced. His limited wasn't much action of any kind.

Salute the nation

I wouldn’t say fine, but would say not long term. He left the practice wrapped and iced. His limited wasn't much action of any kind.

Salute the nation
Fine is relative. In this situation they know exactly what he is. If he injured his Labrum, AC joint or rotator cuff to any serious level not only is his day done they would have sent him in. Probably doesn't practice tomorrow, probably doesn't play Friday but that just means extended look at Green.

I would give Green a lot of plays at FB this first preseason game. If you can have your backup OG/OC be your starting FB too that is a huge advantage having a flex player suiting on Sunday. Gives you options for dressing other guys. If he can't get it done in game play then I would see if DW wants a league min deal.

I don't mind keeping Green if he earned the backup C gig. But not if he is the third C. Then who care you letting go so he can play part time FB?

I don't mind keeping Green if he earned the backup C gig. But not if he is the third C. Then who care you letting go so he can play part time FB?
I watched the guy move. He could play goal line on a lead that's it. And if a 300 lb guy can't smash a linebacker on a lead.....

Here’s my prediction…

KG is getting a roster spot & will be used in goal line situations and is gonna knock some people on their arses’ with a running start as Najee barrels into the end zone…

AND he will be a fan favorite by mid-season.