• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kenny Pickett through the first 4 games

That is very disputable. Anyone who respects someone who acts the way he does and doesn't stand by what he says doesn't have my respect. Sorry.
Who gives **** who you respect. You aren't owed an ounce of it.

I think kp will look better with dj back
Maybe but DJ is handcuffed in this offense too. Good thing is he knows how to get open Canada won't be able to screw that up.

Fighting amounst Steeler fans bad.

Fighting amongst Steeler fans bad.

The guy is a pompous ******** who has no redeeming qualities. Just a know it all who understands little. The type that will dish it out then run to the mods when he has a meltdown. His go to is he knows football and everyone else doesn't. Just another cooch clone except cooch doesn't run on and on about Rudolph and Kenny for 50 pages.

The guy is a pompous ******** who has no redeeming qualities. Just a know it all who understands little. The type that will dish it out then run to the mods when he has a meltdown. His go to is he knows football and everyone else doesn't. Just another cooch clone except cooch doesn't run on and on about Rudolph and Kenny for 50 pages.
These are all before I said anything to you. Remember you were on ignored. I won't go back through the entire year but I would guess there's well over a hundred of these type of responses

Ford I know you are pretending to ignore but while you continue snowflaking you should think of another subject outside of QB analysis. Why because you aren't good at it...not even a little bit
You have better odds of Ford and cooch celebrating a win. Yeah the odds are that great.
😅😂😭🤣

You have a better chance at being a GM yeah that long of odds.

**** you think you have plenty to report about Kenny's missed opportunities, put Mason in there.

Grand delusions. It gave me a great laugh for the day!
"And I think if the Steelers were a respectable organization they would have just been honest and gave him an outright release after drafting Pickett"

🤣 just crazy

this guy believes some wacky *** crap.

His agenda knows no limits
Oh look another get rid of Kenny post/thread. B B B ut wait there will be more! This guy posts about Kenny as much as he posted about that red nosed third stringer. Talk about obsessed. Crazy.

We have explained that this team doesn't have the pieces in place to do anything significant under its current coaches and schemes over and over and over again.

But the agenda must go on!

It matters not what QB on another team is capable. It matters that the current staff can't put either side of the ball in a position to be successful consistently.

Yeah Kenny is holding back this SB capable team.😅 😅😅. Wow just wow.

Nobody would come here and think this team is on the verge of a SB. Capable of winning seasons ? sure.

What would Cousins give the Steelers a better chance of sustained mediocrity?

There is a basic lack of understanding but plenty of agenda.

I award you no points, do not pass go, do not collect any money from the bank.
Nobody has a Kenny obsession but you patch. Your dislike for KP runs deep ever since your Red nosed third stringer didn't get the accolades you desired.

Actually most posters again it won't sink in but again are taking a wait and see approach and aren't happy with Kenny overall. But grasp that he has a lot on his plate.
Yeah stand in the pocket and let that ****** schemed O-line get him seriously injured.

🙄🤡

This is literally less than a week when you were ignored. I gave no rebuttal. You just came at me like the HUGE PIECE OF **** that you are. I have no respect for you. All your posts are just filled with ignorant slanted rants. Your unbridled love for Pickett has made you rabid towards anyone who has a differing opinion. And if anyone can see your posts and dickheadedness for literally no reason towards me and has respect for you. Well, then they can take a fly leap because I have no respect for them either.

These are all before I said anything to you. Remember you were on ignored. I won't go back through the entire year but I would guess there's well over a hundred of these type of responses

This is literally less than a week when you were ignored. I gave no rebuttal. You just came at me like the HUGE PIECE OF **** that you are. I have no respect for you. All your posts are just filled with ignorant slanted rants. Your unbridled love for Pickett has made you rabid towards anyone who has a differing opinion. And if anyone can see your posts and dickheadedness for literally no reason towards me and has respect for you. Well, then they can take a fly leap because I have no respect for them either.
Oh poor patch. Spare me. No reasons? 😭

You talk down to posters which I chimed in on over and over again. You disrespected my friend who passed, you disrespected me. Talking about off the board bullshit.

You are a know it all pompous ******* similar to cooch.

Why would I have respect for that?

Again I don't care if you respect me, I will tell you about yourself and could care less if it causes you to melt down.

I could give a **** less what you think of me I know what I am and what I have accomplished.

I also know what your type is. If you pay attention only two people I go at and you are one of them for what you show on a day to day basis.

Nobody on this site is a bigger piece of **** than you. Anyone who disrespects anyone who passes is at the top of the heap.

I also don't give a **** if you pretend to ignore me.

Nothing you can say or do can phase me. But I laugh at your pathetic attempts to rattle.

Almost as much as I laugh at you

Oh poor patch. Spare me. No reasons? 😭

You talk down to posters which I chimed in on over and over again. You disrespected my friend who passed, you disrespected me. Talking about off the board bullshit.

You are a know it all pompous ******* similar to cooch.

Why would I have respect for that?

Again I don't care if you respect me, I will tell you about yourself and could care less if it causes you to melt down.

I could give a **** less what you think of me I know what I am and what I have accomplished.

I also know what your type is. If you pay attention only two people I go at and you are one of them for what you show on a day to day basis.

Nobody on this site is a bigger piece of **** than you. Anyone who disrespects anyone who passes is at the top of the heap.

I also don't give a **** if you pretend to ignore me.

Nothing you can say or do can phase me. But I laugh at your pathetic attempts to rattle.

Almost as much as I laugh at you

No, no reasons. You weren't even being responded to. You just keep talking. Like that annoying scrub with little man syndrome that won't shut his beak until you break it.

And when I say I don't respect you I mean society in general. I would imagine by your constant posts from 6:00am to 10:00pm that you have no life outside of this board. So not only do I not respect you I actually pity you. What a sad lonely pathetic life you must live. And arguing with a simpleton loser with nothing better to do is just wasting my time. It is a waste of anyone's time to be honest. Obviously, people in real life have figured that out. It is time I remember why I ignored you last time. Because you are a waste of flesh. A waste of air. Just a waste.

:wave:

No, no reasons. You weren't even being responded to. You just keep talking. Like that annoying scrub with little man syndrome that won't shut his beak until you break it.

And when I say I don't respect you I mean society in general. I would imagine by your constant posts from 6:00am to 10:00pm that you have no life outside of this board. So not only do I not respect you I actually pity you. What a sad lonely pathetic life you must live. And arguing with a simpleton loser with nothing better to do is just wasting my time. It is a waste of anyone's time to be honest. Obviously, people in real life have figured that out. It is time I remember why I ignored you last time. Because you are a waste of flesh. A waste of air. Just a waste.

:wave:
I could care less who you pity. I did more in my life for people than you ever dreamed of ********.

I don't have to list my attributes to you *****.

You monitor people's times on boards? Yeah you are a snowflake get help.

There you are again with that loser verbiage. A weak keyboard warrior that wouldn't dare say anything like that face to face.

Like I said you are a collosal douche.

Little man syndrome? 🤣

I am a 6'6 330 pound ex soldier. Nothing weak or little about me.

Lonely? For family abroad. Not that is any of your business ********.

Your poor me bullshit doesn't mesh with what you throw out *****.🖕❄️🤡

What has become of this thread?

Anyways, I think the league has a 'bad QB problem'. Simply not that many true Franchise QB's like we've seen in the era prior.

So while I would still us rather continue looking to upgrade the QB position, I do believe that KP is probably average for the sort of QB play occurring throughout the league.

That is very disputable. Anyone who respects someone who acts the way he does and doesn't stand by what he says doesn't have my respect. Sorry.

I wasn’t asking for or even care who you deem deserving or not, that’s the beauty of an opinion. You seem to try and steer others to accept your opinion as the final opinion, it’s NOT.

I don’t care about your debating ability or football prowess, but you come off as “ALL KNOWING” and that is what is bothersome.

Take it for what it’s worth.

Salute the nation

I am a know it all about bacon. Baked, skillet, grilled, you name it

I can’t tell you how well that’s makes me feel knowing I have near a ”peer” in case I would ever be held in account of a jury trial.

Thank You SIR.!!

Salute the nation

Toasted waffle for bread in that BLT.

Salute the nation
I do some bread substitutes here and there. Would be ok with waffles.... As sometimes I use lettuce as a wrap. Not when it comes to BLT 🥪 s. Not cutting corners it is bread or waffle.

😁

I do some bread substitutes here and there. Would be ok with waffles.... As sometimes I use lettuce as a wrap. Not when it comes to BLT 🥪 s. Not cutting corners it is bread or waffle.

😁

Excellent choice. !!!!!

I use lettuce for tuna fish samich wraps, works great.

Salute the nation

I say we change this thread to a celebrity poster deathmatch between Slash and Ford, then start a new “kenny pickett through the first six games” thread to examine the qbs growth or lack thereof… 🤣🤣🤣

The loser of the deathmatch will be forced to retype the “Dri Archer” thread in it’s entirety 😂

803 passing yards 200.8 ypg. 23st - 2022 2,404 passing yards 186.8 ypg 28th
6.3 yards per attempt. 25th - 2022 6.2 yards per attempt 32nd
60.6% completion percentage. 30th - 2022 63% completion percentage 23rd
4 passing touchdown 3.1% TD%. 23rd - 2022 7 passing touchdowns 1.8% TD% 33rd
4 interceptions 3.1% INT%. 28th - 2022 9 interceptions 2.3% INT% 23rd
76.3 QB rating. 29th - 2022 76.7 QB rating 32nd
0 Game winning drives. 18th tied - 4 Game winning drives 10th

So far there's been a slight improvement I would say. I will do a comparison to the first 4 to the next four and then compare first half to last half and 2022 vs 2023. Numbers don't lie so I think keeping an even head and factual data to support your opinion is very important.

Pickett SUCKS.

Harris isn't even an average NFL starting back.

Replace the two men with say a new head coach, and we are contenders!

Khan has work to be done.

Pickett SUCKS.

Are you already looking for a veteran replacement or trying to grab another rookie in the draft?

What has become of this thread?

Anyways, I think the league has a 'bad QB problem'. Simply not that many true Franchise QB's like we've seen in the era prior.

So while I would still us rather continue looking to upgrade the QB position, I do believe that KP is probably average for the sort of QB play occurring throughout the league.
I take responsibility. I honestly just wanted a single thread to show the progression or lack of and didn’t want to have 10 threads on the same subject. Apparently, that’s my agenda 😂.

I think the league shifted to high school mentality. Put your best athlete in at QB and let them go. But in the NFL the quarterbacks job is to put the ball in the hands of the athletes. If he can scramble away out of pressure or you can wrinkle in a few plays to utilize his ability. Then great. But that shouldn’t be the staple of the offense.

I haven’t seen a Guy check all the boxes at QB in two years before CJ Stroud. And to be honest I would take Stroud over Caleb Williams all day long and twice on Sunday. And in my opinion it’s because guys are getting overlooked in college and probably not getting the opportunity they need to show their skills and qualifications.

It’s all cyclical. Things will get back in check. Might not be right away but when a guy like Purdy does what he is doing and a guy like Burrow had to transfer to get his opportunity I think the cerebral QB starts to come back.

Kenny is still an unknown. I do hope he takes a big leap forward the second half of the season.
I say we change this thread to a celebrity poster deathmatch between Slash and Ford, then start a new “kenny pickett through the first six games” thread to examine the qbs growth or lack thereof… 🤣🤣🤣

The loser of the deathmatch will be forced to retype the “Dri Archer” thread in it’s entirety 😂
Nah, that would be like beating up a kid that rides the short bus. Sure it might be fun, maybe even deserving, but at the end of the day you beat up a ruh-tard.

Pickett SUCKS.

I would not say Pickett sucks. He just hasn’t played well so far.

I would say Harris an average back. Not what we hoped for but he I feel can have a Brandon Jacobs type career.

I agree the coaching staff and President needs to go.

803 passing yards 200.8 ypg. 23st - 2022 2,404 passing yards 186.8 ypg 28th
6.3 yards per attempt. 25th - 2022 6.2 yards per attempt 32nd
60.6% completion percentage. 30th - 2022 63% completion percentage 23rd
4 passing touchdown 3.1% TD%. 23rd - 2022 7 passing touchdowns 1.8% TD% 33rd
4 interceptions 3.1% INT%. 28th - 2022 9 interceptions 2.3% INT% 23rd
76.3 QB rating. 29th - 2022 76.7 QB rating 32nd
0 Game winning drives. 18th tied - 4 Game winning drives 10th

So far there's been a slight improvement I would say. I will do a comparison to the first 4 to the next four and then compare first half to last half and 2022 vs 2023. Numbers don't lie so I think keeping an even head and factual data to support your opinion is very important.
With the bye week here's a comparison of the 2022 QB draft class.

Kenny Pickett 20th pick
95/159 59.7% 1,027 yards 6.5 Y/A 5td 4int 78.8 QB Rating

Desmond Ridder 74th pick
102/156 65.4% 1,073 yards 6.9 Y/A 4tds 3int 85.8 QB Rating

Sam Howell 144th pick
131/191 68.6% 1,349 yards 7.1 Y/A 6tds 6ints 86 QB Rating

Brock Purdy 262nd pick
98/136 72.1% 1,271 yards 9.3 Y/A 9tds 0ints 123.1 QB Rating (leads NFL)

Brock is head and shoulders above the rest. Leads the league in QB rating by 11.2 points. Second in average per attempt and second in completion percentage. Zappe might get some significant playing time and if so I will put his numbers in going forward. As of right now though I would say the QB class is backwards from draft position to play.
Update after week 8.

Kenny Pickett
141/230 61.3% 1490 yards 6.48 y/a 6 td 4 ints 81.6 QB rating
Last 4 games
64/103 62.14% 687 6.67 y/a yards 2 td 0 int 88.1 QB rating

Desmond Ridder (Benched Week 9 but still had 8 starts)
157/240 65.42% 1701 yards 6.46 y/a 6 td 6 int 84 QB rating
Last 4 games
83/121 68.8% 957 7.91 y/a yards 3 td 3 ints 90.1 QB Rating

Sam Howell
235/353 66.6% 2471 yards 7.0 y/a 14 td 9 ints 89.3 QB rating
Last 5 games (Has not had bye week yet)
141/213 66.2% 1510 yards 7.09 y/a 10 td 4 ints 94.6 QB Rating

Brock Purdy
153/224 68.3% 2033 yards 9.1 y/a 12 td 5 int 105.4 QB Rating
Last 4 games
72/112 64.3% 1014 yards 9.05 y/a 7 td 5 ints 95.6 QB Rating

With Kenny missing some reps and Howell playing an entire game more the numbers are a little skewed. But you can see that Howell and Purdy are still the top two of the group. Howell has actually played very well the last 5 games. Looks like he did a good job putting that 4 int game behind him. Purdy on the other hand had a few sub par games compared to what he has done prior. He is still the clear-cut leader but Howell has gained ground. Ridder and Pickett are pretty even all together. Ridder seems more accurate while Kenny is safer with the football. Heinicke didn't do any better last week than Ridder so I am not sure how the proceed moving forward. I mean they are 4-5 and doubtfully do much this season so why not play Ridder and see if he progresses.

186.3 passing yards per game 31st
6.5 y/a 26th
61.3 Completion percentage 29th
6 passing touchdowns 2.6% TD% 28th
4 interception 1.7% INT% 9th
81.6 QB Rating 26th
3 GWD 2nd (1st is Desmond Ridder with 4 which is surprising)

3, 2, 1 cue the peanut gallery. "Stats lie!" "What about 3rd down QBR in the 4th quarter while a full moon?" "It's all Canada's Fault!" "Everyone else's offensive lines are all pros even if they aren't actually all pros." "Random Mason Rudolph comment even though no one has mentioned him."

Last edited:
Just sucks that now it appears that two other AFC teams have found their franchise QB's (CJ and Levis).

Meanwhile, Pitt homers try to convince everyone that KP needs 8 years before we can properly evaluate his play.

My question to the group- "What teams would swap QB's with us right now?"