• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kenny Pickett through the first 4 games

What is my agenda?
To dismiss everything that doesn't fall in line with Kenny being the main issue. To focus in on Kenny when there is plenty of other areas of concern. And those areas get nowhere near the same attention from you, very lopsided...

It isn't like this is the first time you are hearing this. It is exactly how you acted with Rudolph except you were pumping him up left and right.

Odd question from you, you should be well versed on why someone would think you have an agenda with those two subjects.

I don’t think he’s a bust, I just think he has a low ceiling. I don’t believe he is the Steelers’ next franchise guy.
I think we can already definitively say he isn't going to be the franchise guy and I also think we knew that when he was drafted.

I think we can already definitively say he isn't going to be the franchise guy and I also think we knew that when he was drafted.
I am leaning this way just not quite there yet. For me will have to revisit next season and see if what we are seeing now lines up with what we are seeing then.

To dismiss everything that doesn't fall in line with Kenny being the main issue. To focus in on Kenny when there is plenty of other areas of concern. And those areas get nowhere near the same attention from you, very lopsided...

It isn't like this is the first time you are hearing this. It is exactly how you acted with Rudolph except you were pumping him up left and right.

Odd question from you, you should be well versed on why someone would think you have an agenda with those two subjects.
So haven’t talked about Canada, Tomlin, Art, etc as well? Because I can show you dozens of posts on each of those topics that would show otherwise

And because I can’t take YOU seriously doesn’t mean I dismiss everyone. I do dismiss your opinion as just banter from an ignorant person. A person who flip flood their opinion as quickly as politician trying to get votes.

You on the other hand dismiss facts. Because my stats are lies but your stats are all truths. Of course I can’t use your stats. Lord knows the chart you showed to prove that Purdy isn’t doing well contradicted why Howell is doing better. So I can’t use that.

And I didn’t say he’s the only issue. But he’s definitely the main issue at the quarterback position. You know because he’s the starting quarterback. Again, I can show posts from September of 2021 where I knew Canada’s offense wasn’t going to be any better than Fichtner.

What this really is about is I am holding you accountable. I don’t think that’s ever probably happened. You have no consistency. And if anyone doesn’t drink the kool aid with you then you throw a tantrum. Just because I didn’t immediately “jump on the K8 train” doesn’t mean I don’t hope for his success. Again I can show you dozens of posts to back my claim. But I will be critical of his play when he plays poorly. I will use facts and data.

So my agenda is actually facts, stats, and truths. Not excuses, deflecting, opinions.

I can’t say I knew that. I FELT that way. It was a weak QB class. And I’m not sure he was the best of that class even though he was drafted highest. He has been a disappointment for sure.

Look, as a whole, the offense sucks. Problem is, so many parts of it suck it is hard to pin down the exact problem. No, it isn’t solely Picketts fault, but he has a ton of issues. He has no feel for the pocket, he breaks down and runs, often directly into pressure, and he misses wide open receivers. That said, Canada and Tomlin don’t help as they never seem to put players in a position to succeed. And they keep doing the same **** over and over like these failed concepts are suddenly going to work.

I don’t know. It’s frustrating as a fan to watch this crap over and over, calling out the plays before the snap, knowing the defense knows what’s coming too. And if Pickett had any chance at success, he is being ruined with each passing snap it seems.

It’s nuts. This team is better than they have performed. Or maybe they aren’t. It’s so hard to tell with so many things going wrong so often.

So haven’t talked about Canada, Tomlin, Art, etc as well? Because I can show you dozens of posts on each of those topics that would show otherwise

And because I can’t take YOU seriously doesn’t mean I dismiss everyone. I do dismiss your opinion as just banter from an ignorant person. A person who flip flood their opinion as quickly as politician trying to get votes.

You on the other hand dismiss facts. Because my stats are lies but your stats are all truths. Of course I can’t use your stats. Lord knows the chart you showed to prove that Purdy isn’t doing well contradicted why Howell is doing better. So I can’t use that.

And I didn’t say he’s the only issue. But he’s definitely the main issue at the quarterback position. You know because he’s the starting quarterback. Again, I can show posts from September of 2021 where I knew Canada’s offense wasn’t going to be any better than Fichtner.

What this really is about is I am holding you accountable. I don’t think that’s ever probably happened. You have no consistency. And if anyone doesn’t drink the kool aid with you then you throw a tantrum. Just because I didn’t immediately “jump on the K8 train” doesn’t mean I don’t hope for his success. Again I can show you dozens of posts to back my claim. But I will be critical of his play when he plays poorly. I will use facts and data.

So my agenda is actually facts, stats, and truths. Not excuses, deflecting, opinions.
Ironic because that is exactly how I feel about you I can't take anything you say serious. You are the sites biggest colossal tool. You passed cooch right by.

As far as the other part I highlighted that is exactly what you have done deflected, made excuses why your "opinion" reigns supreme. There is nothing factual, you have filled the discussion with nothing but comparisons and stats backed up by opinion. Your opinion nothing more. Your football intellect is not superior to anyone on this site. Again you come with nothing but unadjustable tunnel vision.

Oh Pickett is the main issue at QB ? No ******* ****? Another humdinger from Captain Obvious.

That main issue at QB is still better than your beloved QB that in fact got a fair shot.

Have a jovial day.

I think being in Brock Purdys position in SF. A lot of you would change your negative opinions.
No not the one poster who thinks his opinion is fact. Just a lost cause anyone debating with him

I can’t say I knew that. I FELT that way. It was a weak QB class. And I’m not sure he was the best of that class even though he was drafted highest. He has been a disappointment for sure.

Look, as a whole, the offense sucks. Problem is, so many parts of it suck it is hard to pin down the exact problem. No, it isn’t solely Picketts fault, but he has a ton of issues. He has no feel for the pocket, he breaks down and runs, often directly into pressure, and he misses wide open receivers. That said, Canada and Tomlin don’t help as they never seem to put players in a position to succeed. And they keep doing the same **** over and over like these failed concepts are suddenly going to work.

I don’t know. It’s frustrating as a fan to watch this crap over and over, calling out the plays before the snap, knowing the defense knows what’s coming too. And if Pickett had any chance at success, he is being ruined with each passing snap it seems.

It’s nuts. This team is better than they have performed. Or maybe they aren’t. It’s so hard to tell with so many things going wrong so often.
It is trending in that direction. Seems like the majority of posters even the posters who aren't high on Pickett gets this.

Not all but the majority.

Again. Why is Howell statistically superior with almost the exact same deficiencies.

And I’ll be honest this obscure stat is exactly what Samuel Clemons was talking about. So if we really want to go down that rabbit hole lets go.

Bad throw percentage. Excludes throwaways and spikes
KP- 22.7%
Howell- 11.1%
Purdy- 12.2%
Ridder- 13.7%
Drop percentage
KP- 3.2%
Howell- 3.9%
Purdy- 3.1%
Ridder- 5.9%
Pressure %
KP- 29.4%
Howell- 25.1%
Purdy- 22.6%
Ridder- 24.4%
From what I see is Pickett is doubling the poor decision making but having between 4-7% more pressure. Drops are relatively low for him and Purdy while Ridder is about double in that category and Howell is slightly higher than the other two.

Now again look at Howell. Has about the same system deficiencies as Pickett with your chart. Has about 4% less pressures. Slightly more drops. But makes about half as many bad decisions. IMO that’s why Howell has better passing numbers. And that’s what I have been saying. Kenny needs to make better decisions.
Add in the fact KP's receivers run the wrong routes in every game. One was definitely the direct cause for one of his int's and another almost caused a pick 6. I don't really trust PFF.

I don’t think he’s a bust, I just think he has a low ceiling. I don’t believe he is the Steelers’ next franchise guy.
Possibly but it also depends on what you define franchise guy as. I said in another post, I don't expect him to be a HOFer but if he wins games consistently, then he is our guy. We really won't know his true ceiling or who he is until we get a new OC. Canaduh has no clue what he is doing with play calling in general or with play calling and game planning to help a rookie QB. KP just finished his 1st year as a starter and getting 1st team reps. He's had one NFL offseason. I expect him to continue to improve and we won't know how good he can be or how good this offense can be until a year after Canaduh and the entire O staff is replaced.

We can hope KP is the guy but if he's not, we'll be looking for another QB to draft in the middle to late 1st round in 2 or 3 years. Since Tomlin seems to always get that middle-of-the-road record or so, we'd have to give away a ton to move up into the top 10 or preferably top 5 to get a QB.

Add in the fact KP's receivers run the wrong routes in every game. One was definitely the direct cause for one of his int's and another almost caused a pick 6. I don't really trust PFF.
Almost with you but I think they are just ****** designed plays more than routes run wrong. But hey sure there is some wrong run routes mixed in with some bad thrown passes as well.

I will repeat this as it is the most relevant related to the overall discussion.

This team isn't putting Pickett in the best position to succeed.

I will use a metaphor. Say one of the better QBs came to the burgh and they tied one of his hands behind his back and then he played game to game. That is similar to what Kenny has to go through game to game. Bad coaching, bad play calling, higher than average pass rush, spotty running game, bad route concepts.

Then you have what and what others have mentioned college deficiencies not being coached up mixed in with a QB that is gun shy.

Possibly but it also depends on what you define franchise guy as. I said in another post, I don't expect him to be a HOFer but if he wins games consistently, then he is our guy. We really won't know his true ceiling or who he is until we get a new OC. Canaduh has no clue what he is doing with play calling in general or with play calling and game planning to help a rookie QB. KP just finished his 1st year as a starter and getting 1st team reps. He's had one NFL offseason. I expect him to continue to improve and we won't know how good he can be or how good this offense can be until a year after Canaduh and the entire O staff is replaced.

We can hope KP is the guy but if he's not, we'll be looking for another QB to draft in the middle to late 1st round in 2 or 3 years. Since Tomlin seems to always get that middle-of-the-road record or so, we'd have to give away a ton to move up into the top 10 or preferably top 5 to get a QB.
I said before that I think Andy Dalton is his ceiling. He’ll win you some regular season games and maybe even get you a division title or two, but that’s about it.

To this point in his career, Pickett has made some great plays, but he has yet to have a great game. For context, look how giddy fans were that he actually had two touchdown passes in the same game. He’s done it exactly once in 18 starts.

While I agree it’s not all his fault, he is what he is. I don’t hate the kid and I’m not mad about it, but you would think he would have had at least one game that lets you know that maybe this is the guy, even in Canada’s offense, but in my opinion we are light years from that day. Overall his play has been disappointing at least.

I think being in Brock Purdys position in SF. A lot of you would change your negative opinions.

No kidding. He has a completely built championship level team he walked right into. And a top tier offensive system and coaching to boot.

It's pretty much what Ben walked into.

What do the Steelers have? They have world class edge rushers and a pretty decent DL with youth.

That's it. It's probably one of the worst offenses you could possibly start in. They can't even run the football either.

And playing qb for the Steelers you're going to have a microscope on you 24/7.

The Steelers have only won championships with HOF quarterbacks. They'd be better off establishing a smashmouth running attack with a FB, built OL, all pro C ,then passing out of that.

Forget looking like every Joe Blow pass happy team. Very few are going to be elite without balance.

There's no way to reach a higher destination without growing pains. This middle of the pack **** is the standard now. Yaaay.

I'm just a tad fed up with this low budget B movie on repeat.

No kidding. He has a completely built championship level team he walked right into. And a top tier offensive system and coaching to boot.

It's pretty much what Ben walked into.

What do the Steelers have? They have world class edge rushers and a pretty decent DL with youth.

That's it. It's probably one of the worst offenses you could possibly start in. They can't even run the football either.

And playing qb for the Steelers you're going to have a microscope on you 24/7.

The Steelers have only won championships with HOF quarterbacks. They'd be better off establishing a smashmouth running attack with a FB, built OL, all pro C ,then passing out of that.

Forget looking like every Joe Blow pass happy team. Very few are going to be elite without balance.

There's no way to reach a higher destination without growing pains. This middle of the pack **** is the standard now. Yaaay.

I'm just a tad fed up with this low budget B movie on repeat.
Easily the biggest problem. The repetitive year to year failing approach.

We had a GM change they need to complete the cycle.

Look at the advanced passing numbers and Picketts percentage of bad throws. And then you look at the hard numbers. And they reflect what the CPOE and advanced passing numbers are saying. Every QB deals with drops, wrong routes, pressure, etc. Those are intangibles. What Pickett can control is accuracy and throwing to the open man when the opportunity arises. He has done poorly at that.

Ironic because that is exactly how I feel about you I can't take anything you say serious. You are the sites biggest colossal tool. You passed cooch right by.

As far as the other part I highlighted that is exactly what you have done deflected, made excuses why your "opinion" reigns supreme. There is nothing factual, you have filled the discussion with nothing but comparisons and stats backed up by opinion. Your opinion nothing more. Your football intellect is not superior to anyone on this site. Again you come with nothing but unadjustable tunnel vision.

Oh Pickett is the main issue at QB ? No ******* ****? Another humdinger from Captain Obvious.

That main issue at QB is still better than your beloved QB that in fact got a fair shot.

Have a jovial day.
Interesting because I can backup what I say with facts. I standby what I say and don’t flip flop. I am consistent. If I am wrong I admit it and in fact I laud it. I want to grow and learn from it. And why you don’t like me is I won’t let you forget your mistakes and you can’t handle it.

Show me my excuses. Please. I want to see all the excuses. You haven’t highlighted 💩. You just talk out your 🍑 and when backed in a corner you just shutdown or throw a toddler type tantrum.

Highlight my excuses please.

Here a tiny sampling of your hypocrisy.

I view a franchise QB as a guy who can win regardless of circumstances whether it be lack of offensive talent, bad OC, no defense, etc. Pickett was a guy who you could win with if everything around him is working well but not a guy who will carry a team.

Interesting because I can backup what I say with facts. I standby what I say and don’t flip flop. I am consistent. If I am wrong I admit it and in fact I laud it. I want to grow and learn from it. And why you don’t like me is I won’t let you forget your mistakes and you can’t handle it.

Show me my excuses. Please. I want to see all the excuses. You haven’t highlighted 💩. You just talk out your 🍑 and when backed in a corner you just shutdown or throw a toddler type tantrum.

Highlight my excuses please.

Here a tiny sampling of your hypocrisy.
Any posts you dig up isn't hypocrisy tool. It is just you being a snowflake. I don't care enough to even look at what dumb **** you drug up. Waste some more time researching my posts it is comical much like your opinions.

I don't care enough about your ignorant *** **** to go back and highlight anything. Why waste my time?

You should know a lot of talking out of your *** that is all you do. 🖕🤡

I view a franchise QB as a guy who can win regardless of circumstances whether it be lack of offensive talent, bad OC, no defense, etc. Pickett was a guy who you could win with if everything around him is working well but not a guy who will carry a team.
That is fair. Let us see how it shakes out. He has had some wins in pressure situations despite everything. Doesn't mean too much right now but I am still holding out hope.

A franchise QB is a guy you can win with in your system. An elite QB is one that can win regardless… eli manning was a franchise quarterback, but nobody would call him elite… Flacco was a franchise qb.. he certainly wasn’t elite lol…

A franchise QB is a guy you can win with in your system. An elite QB is one that can win regardless… eli manning was a franchise quarterback, but nobody would call him elite… Flacco was a franchise qb.. he certainly wasn’t elite lol…
Even with your definition, I'm not sure Pickett would qualify with how I view a franchise QB. Entering the NFL, I thought Pickett would need a strong system and a strong roster around him to win.

I think it’s irrelevant because I think mahomes would struggle with us

(Found on Steelers depot -newest article)
Pickett here is rated as the Qb that faces the least separation of his WRs in the NFL.

Worse or better QB, every QB would struggle in this offense.

So factor this in with everything.

Again in closing Steelers are impeding Kenny's development. Canada is roadblocking Kenny's development.

I stand by that coaching is the biggest issue in Pittsburgh.