• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kenny Pickett through the first 4 games

Yeah you aren't obsessed at all.🙄

Yeah stats can lie BTW it doesn't show scheme, QB coach interaction, O-line average protection time, and the gun shy effect. Also they don't show garbage yards obtained . Doesn't show main WR injuries, etc.

It was pointed out to you before how stats don't paint the whole picture by numerous posters.

But here you are doing you.

🙄
That doesn't fit the agenda.

It was Rudy Rudy Rudy

Now it is

Kenny Kenny Kenny

Pay tention

😁😉

Yeah well most QBs won't be Mahomes or Allen. Muth hasn't been on the field much this season to consider him a weapon. Pickens is the only proven healthy weapon and like Pickett he is learning on the job.

"Factual" numbers again don't tell the whole story. They are stats backed up by Ford's opinion nothing more.

5 comebacks wins in 15 starts gets dismissed by Ford because it doesn't fit his Rudy is great Kenny sucks agenda.

Yeah Canada is worse than Haley or Fich. Good luck trying to convince anyone otherwise.

So recap for the agenda driven:

Shaky center play, ****** scheme, the lack of X and O capable, substandard O-line and WRs coaching, a significant trend of not developing players all contribute to Kenny present day. That and happy feet and drifting towards a pass rush.

Nobody on this board or the Nation is giving Kenny a pass, but 99 percent of the people outside of agenda driven Ford can see the mitigating circumstances.

Ford I know you are pretending to ignore but while you continue snowflaking you should think of another subject outside of QB analysis. Why because you aren't good at it...not even a little bit
Stats can be manipulated to support opinions. As the one poster loves to do and try to pass it off as factual.

We still don't know what we have in Kenny. What we do know is he needs to improve as does every other element of the offense.

Eagles they have weapons, Miami they have weapons, 49ers they have weapons.

Steeler have 1 healthy weapon and a bunch of potential. That is it nothing more.
Again nobody is excluding Kenny from blame. Posters can see just fine they know Kenny leaves plays on the field they don't need to rewatch film. I am sure a lot of new QBs do as they are learning on the job imagine that.

In the mean time all the other factors are included. They don't get excluded because of WRs open here and there. The O-line sucks here and there and so does the routes where the WRs aren't open... they don't get excluded either.

Again it isn't all on Kenny despite the agenda filled every day ramblings .
Ford thinks he is a film watching expert he knows all the plays and who does what wrong in the process. It is all Kenny's fault honest! Fricken ridiculous.

If you know so much you would know Kenny's bad tendencies are college oriented that hasn't been coached out of him combined with not trusting his O-line.

B b but you saw an open wide receiver got damn it Kenny!
Nevermind 5 people could watch the same film and come away with 5 different opinions. We aren't privy to what initial play is called, if a WR runs a timing route ****** up, and the limited time to throw factor gets factored in as well. Really odd for someone to think Kenny can excel at learning on the job with handicaps and lack of being coached up.

I always remember Green Bays Brett's tendency to throw INTs but one coach got him to limit them. You are fooling yourself if you think coaches don't weigh in heavily in on a QBs development or lack there of.

Oh the best QB in the league could come in and do better than a rookie learning on the job? No ****? A ****** regular Albert Einstein.

ob·ses·sion
/əbˈseSH(ə)n/

noun

1. the state of being obsessed with someone or something.
  2. an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.

Last edited:
Read below.

A 32 year old Ben Roethlisberger throws for 4,500 yards and 30+ tds in his offense. A 38 year old Roethlisberger throws for 3,800 and 25 tds. Now remember there's 17 games not just 16 anymore.

And I think you bring Patrick Mahomes in here and run this offense he's in that 4500+ 30+ tds.

If you again watch the film Kenny left three or four touchdowns on the field. If he converts two of them no one is talking about Matt Canada. Instead people are literally making up some asinine rumor that Kenny called that touchdown play.
The offense with Ben and Canaduh sucked in the first half of games. Ben put up his stats, the comebacks and almost every win that year when he stopped listening to Canaduh in the 2nd half of games and did his own thing. That was very well documented.

KP has some fault. The WR's have some fault. The OL has a lot of fault. And, Canaduh has a ton of fault for our problems. Canaduh is the common denominator the last 3 years where 3 QB's have struggled when they actually followed his play calling.

Canada is really nothing worse or better than Haley or Fichtner. All love the short plays. Everyone had their useless infatuation with a certain play. Canada and his jet sweep, Fichtner and his bubble screen, and Haley and his midget back wheel route. The real difference has been execution. Ben in 2018 was 36 and still pretty spry. In 2019 he messed up his arm and was never the same. He was probably 75% of the QB he was in his prime. That was still good enough to put up decent numbers but he wasn't ever going to lead the NFL in passing yards again. An elite QB can put a team on their back. I would not consider Purdy elite as of now but who knows in 2 years where he is rated. He could be the next Drew Brees. A guy like Mahomes or Allen can take a team and just carry them and that has been proven. What did Reid do before Mahomes? He was a very good coach but now people are calling him the best ever. Well, he was good with a good QB like McNabb. He is elite with an elite QB like Mahomes. Look at Belicheat. He was the greatest coach in history when he had Brady. Brady leaves and turns the bucs into a super bowl winner and Belicheat just got beat like a redheaded step child in back to back weeks.

I guess what I am saying is I have not seen anything that indicates KP will be a Mahomes or Allen. We will see in a year or two because I don't think the Steelers won't give him every opportunity to develop.

Annnnnd credibility shoved in a box with a live grenade. For Mr Statistics, I'll bet the statistics don't show that to be true at all, and I'm not even going to bother to look them up 😂. Whatever you say coach lite

The offense with Ben and Canaduh sucked in the first half of games. Ben put up his stats, the comebacks and almost every win that year when he stopped listening to Canaduh in the 2nd half of games and did his own thing. That was very well documented.

KP has some fault. The WR's have some fault. The OL has a lot of fault. And, Canaduh has a ton of fault for our problems. Canaduh is the common denominator the last 3 years where 3 QB's have struggled when they actually followed his play calling.
I would say there's faults all around. Canada is just basic. He is running a Maryland offense in the NFL. He does nothing special. Even the plays that work or were open were basically open because his playbook is so trite that when a defense see's something so often they jump routes and feel comfortable trusting their eyes that any wrinkle seems to get them to bite hard on it. But because of that when a play works we need to execute. Kenny isn't executing.

So we both agree Canada should go. Do you believe Kenny is playing well or at best mediocre?

ob·ses·sion
/əbˈseSH(ə)n/

noun

1. the state of being obsessed with someone or something.
  2. an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.
Yeah I am obsessed with commenting about your obsessive Kenny crap. You know the dumb **** you post each and every day.

Just like you had to take all that time digging up my comments snowflake instead of just responding to one post. Now you can go back to pretending to put me on ignore

🤡😁.

Yeah I am obsessed with commenting about your obsessive Kenny crap. You know the dumb **** you post each and every day.

Just like you had to take all that time digging up my comments snowflake instead of just responding to one post. Now you can go back to pretending to put me on ignore

🤡😁.
Have you looked at your posts? Half of them are comment and replying to me who has have you blocked for a year. Just think about the insanity that takes.

I would say there's faults all around. Canada is just basic. He is running a Maryland offense in the NFL. He does nothing special. Even the plays that work or were open were basically open because his playbook is so trite that when a defense see's something so often they jump routes and feel comfortable trusting their eyes that any wrinkle seems to get them to bite hard on it. But because of that when a play works we need to execute. Kenny isn't executing.

So we both agree Canada should go. Do you believe Kenny is playing well or at best mediocre?
Again everyone thinks Kenny isn't playing well but there is again plenty of reasons outside of his share of the blame.

For someone that claims to a plethora of posters of how intelligent they are you sure seem to have a hard time grasping what the general consensus is.

I look forward to your countless of future post telling us how Kenny sucks and in the rear view mirror how Rudy the red nosed third stringer didn't get a fair shake.

Or how wins is a team result, but the offense is primarily Kenny's fault.

My obsessive self will be telling you about your ridiculous obsessive Kenny crap.

Hi

Aww did you make a gif for me how sweet princess. Your football knowledge is half of that. Like coach level of knowledge.
You are literally the least knowledgeable person I have ever met when it comes to football. I mean my 8 year old I guaranteed could talk circles around you. You know nothing. It is actually impressive that someone can be so obsessed with a sport but somehow manage not to pick up one tiny bit of information. It is either you cognitively cannot because of a learning disability or actively block out and don't retain anything.

Again everyone thinks Kenny isn't playing well but there is again plenty of reasons outside of his share of the blame.

For someone that claims to a plethora of posters of how intelligent they are you sure seem to have a hard time grasping what the general consensus is.

I look forward to your countless of future post telling us how Kenny sucks and in the rear view mirror how Rudy the red nosed third stringer didn't get a fair shake.

Or how wins is a team result, but the offense is primarily Kenny's fault.

My obsessive self will be telling you about your ridiculous obsessive Kenny crap.

Hi
Really? So there's tons of Bench Pickett threads and posters bashing him. Oh, wait showing statistical data is bashing Kenny. Because stats aren't facts. ;) :ROFLMAO:🤡

You are literally the least knowledgeable person I have ever met when it comes to football. I mean my 8 year old I guaranteed could talk circles around you. You know nothing. It is actually impressive that someone can be so obsessed with a sport but somehow manage not to pick up one tiny bit of information. It is either you cognitively cannot because of a learning disability or actively block out and don't retain anything.
Well your ****** opinion really means nothing. What is impressive is how obsessed you were over Rudolph and now obsessed Kenny so much that you mention him every day. Then you snowflake and pretend to have all these people blocked and block nobody.

Now you are flaming mad and are going to show me.😅

Again you aren't as smart as you pretend to be patch. Just keep thinking you are above everyone when in reality you really aren't.

😉

Really? So there's tons of Bench Pickett threads and posters bashing him. Oh, wait showing statistical data is bashing Kenny. Because stats aren't facts. ;) :ROFLMAO:🤡
There is plenty of people that wanted Kenny to sit while he was injured.

Plenty of others not happy with his play.

You need to see a ton of bench Kenny threads do ya? Maybe most fans unlike you know it is a wait and see.

You know you are always riding Kenny's nuts ❄️ be in denial if you must.

I guess what I am saying is I have not seen anything that indicates KP will be a Mahomes or Allen. We will see in a year or two because I don't think the Steelers won't give him every opportunity to develop.

Your last paragraph. The first sentence understood.
The second sentence you lost me.

First of all: "I don't think the Steeler won't"....??? That simply means the Steelers will.

Are you saying that it will become evident in a year or two that Pickett will not be a Mahomes or Allen despite the Steelers giving him every opportunity to develop?...

or are you saying:

Despite you not seeing anything that indicates Pickett will become a Mahomes or Allen thus far, let's see in a year or two because the Steelers will give him every opportunity to develop.

I think the former.
Seems that the others feel the latter is the most reasonable approach to take.

I dont think Kenny is expected to be Mahomes or Allen. I expect him to be a fairly mobile, accurate, and a good QB overall. He does not need to be spectacular just good. He had shown he has a clutch gene and has shown some flashes he can be good. With our offensive "system" it is near impossible to judge him. Between a shaky line, bad playcalling, refusing to use the middle of the field etc etc it is not a fair judgement. Him and the WRs are not on the same page alot so not sure who is at fault there. If the offense opens up a little then we would have a better idea. It is easy to blame Pickett, but none of the QBs have looked good under Canada. Till Canada is gone or drastically changes we are a QB / offensive graveyard.

Next year the Steelers almost certainly have to either get a stud interior lineman or DLineman with their first round pick… they probably could go CB, but the other two are probably the biggest need.. so people thinking they will be taking a QB again are sorely mistaken…

If Kenny hasn’t proven himself after next season, then they start lookIng to go QB again… then they should have at least the framework of an experienced offense together

This thread has reached kindergarten level.

Eh...sports lets grownups be kids again...in many different ways.

The thread reaches kindergarten level every time Coach posts and the attacks begin.

Yet I never heard anyone suggest putting the brakes on any of the Coach bashing that's been done around here.

There's no rythm for any qb to execute, not just Kenny. If all the plays are expected by the D and also the OLine isn't dominating their opponents is natural that the qb will get happy feet and or lack continuity to execute the rare occasions that there's a possibility

Kenny really had a hard time reading zone. And that is one of the biggest problems QBs have. The problem is I can get that from Trey Lance. Dude started less than 20 college football games. Kenny played in 52. Brock played in 48 college football games and it shows. Sean Clifford played in 51 and I bet you he can read a zone defense. When we drafted Pickett we expected a high floor. And I think that is why Colbert drafted him. He thought he won't need a lot of time develop. But if you look at Purdy, Pickett, and Clifford they all have similar college TD/INT ratios but the one HUGE difference is that Purdy and Clifford were consistent from year to year. Pickett had 42 TDs his senior year. I believe Colbert thought that was a sign Pickett had really put it together and was going to breakout. But in reality that was a very down ACC year and Pickett threw a lot of balls to Jordan Addison.
So now FordFairLane has stooped to the level of pointing out KP's shortcomings in regards to a guy (Sean Clifford) who has yet to even attempt a single pass in the NFL.

That's comedy gold, Jerry!

Next year the Steelers almost certainly have to either get a stud interior lineman or DLineman with their first round pick… they probably could go CB, but the other two are probably the biggest need.. so people thinking they will be taking a QB again are sorely mistaken…

If Kenny hasn’t proven himself after next season, then they start lookIng to go QB again… then they should have at least the framework of an experienced offense together
Yep was thinking C or DE. Keep attacking those trenches!

In other words how they should've built the team prior to drafting Pickett...

I don't expect there to be any first-round interior linemen worth taking. Van Pran (C, Georgia) and Beebe (G, Kansas State) are probably the top two interior players as of today and both are probably mid-second prospects.

DL, CB, IOL should be the top three picks with an outside chance of a WR if a talented player falls.

Well your ****** opinion really means nothing. What is impressive is how obsessed you were over Rudolph and now obsessed Kenny so much that you mention him every day. Then you snowflake and pretend to have all these people blocked and block nobody.

Now you are flaming mad and are going to show me.😅

Again you aren't as smart as you pretend to be patch. Just keep thinking you are above everyone when in reality you really aren't.

😉
Means nothing but half of your posts are replies to me WHO HASN’T RESPONDED IN A YEAR TO YOU. You are a pathetic loser who can’t get the hint that no one respects you. Anyone who understands football laughs as the stupidity that you post. You bring nothing to any conversation. You obviously have never even played football. And worse is you haven’t even taken the time to understand the sport. You just talk with no substance behind anything you say. Go read a book or something to just educate yourself on the basic concepts of football. I am not joking I coach elementary school flag football and 95% of those kids have more knowledge than you and the 5% are equally uneducated as you as they sit on the sidelines and eat grass while wearing pull ups. I guess I know what those kids will do when they grow up. Post 100 times a day on a football forum and make colossal ***** of themselves online. Get a life.

So now FordFairLane has stooped to the level of pointing out KP's shortcomings in regards to a guy (Sean Clifford) who has yet to even attempt a single pass in the NFL.

That's comedy gold, Jerry!
Yes. But he will have an attempt this year. I have my pulse on more than the Steelers. I made this comparison on purpose to point out later.

Cannot judge KP till I see him lead a competent offense with real concepts that get players open. Designed by someone who knows what he is doing.