• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kenny Pickett through the first 4 games

Yes. But he will have an attempt this year. I have my pulse on more than the Steelers. I made this comparison on purpose to point out later.
Malik Willis, Matt Corral, Chris Oladokun and Skylar Thompson were also in that draft class. When you do your comparison, don't just use the guys who you deem are doing better than KP. Add in the guys who suck, are buried on a depth chart, etc. I mean, if you throw Zappe in there, even though he's not a starter, you now have to throw the rest in too.
Edit: As a matter of fact, it would be really swell of you to note your criteria now, in this post, or in another, so that we can see you're not just cherry-picking as the season unfolds.

Yes. But he will have an attempt this year. I have my pulse on more than the Steelers. I made this comparison on purpose to point out later.
Yes. Clearly you have your finger on the pulse of 6-year-old flag football players who are still (for some unknown reason) wearing diapers. But if you had watched Penn State football regularly over the six-year career of Sean Clifford, you wouldn't bet that he knows how to read a zone defense. He can overthrow the shlt out of a wide-open receiver, though.

Let me know what your in-depth analysis is whenever Clifford gets that attempt in garbage time sometime this season. Can't wait.

Means nothing but half of your posts are replies to me WHO HASN’T RESPONDED IN A YEAR TO YOU. You are a pathetic loser who can’t get the hint that no one respects you. Anyone who understands football laughs as the stupidity that you post. You bring nothing to any conversation. You obviously have never even played football. And worse is you haven’t even taken the time to understand the sport. You just talk with no substance behind anything you say. Go read a book or something to just educate yourself on the basic concepts of football. I am not joking I coach elementary school flag football and 95% of those kids have more knowledge than you and the 5% are equally uneducated as you as they sit on the sidelines and eat grass while wearing pull ups. I guess I know what those kids will do when they grow up. Post 100 times a day on a football forum and make colossal ***** of themselves online. Get a life.
Again your opinion of me means absolutely nothing. I need to get a life but you are the one stuck rambling on about Kenny every single day and before that Rudolph. I can run circles around you in football discussion so like Coolie said get over yourself. Your go to is always you are smarter and the person debating you is dumb. I don't need read anything about basic concepts as a child could out debate your simpleton approach to football discussions.

I don't care if you haven't responded to me in a year snowflake, I have no need to pretend to put people on ignore. I am not a weak coward. Yeah you shouldn't talk for other people as way more posters disagree with your ludicrous takes. I guess they should go read basic concepts books as well.

You are a sniveling whiney little *****. Grow up act like a man and get over your ridiculous pompous approach to talking to people.

🖕🤡

You made the comparison because you are obsessed with Kenny. It was just another ridiculous post.

Yes. Clearly you have your finger on the pulse of 6-year-old flag football players who are still (for some unknown reason) wearing diapers. But if you had watched Penn State football regularly over the six-year career of Sean Clifford, you wouldn't bet that he knows how to read a zone defense. He can overthrow the shlt out of a wide-open receiver, though.

Let me know what your in-depth analysis is whenever Clifford gets that attempt in garbage time sometime this season. Can't wait.
You are wasting your time he knows more than anyone but in reality poster after poster knocks that premise right out of the park.

I would say there's faults all around. Canada is just basic. He is running a Maryland offense in the NFL. He does nothing special. Even the plays that work or were open were basically open because his playbook is so trite that when a defense see's something so often they jump routes and feel comfortable trusting their eyes that any wrinkle seems to get them to bite hard on it. But because of that when a play works we need to execute. Kenny isn't executing.

So we both agree Canada should go. Do you believe Kenny is playing well or at best mediocre?
I think KP has room to improve for sure but he looks good at times. It's so hard to tell when he is being chased by opposing D players and with the crap play calling coming from Canaduh and with the fact he hadn't been able to audible. It seems from their comments they are just now working on that and it worked against the Ratbirds. It's going to be tough to see what KP can be until Canaduh is gone but by then, he may have ruined KP. I've said that a ton. Canaduh is ruining KP like the Clowns ruined so many QB's they drafted in the top 10. KP is a football junkie, which is good. I hope he works with Allen's coach or Rodger's coach who helped both of them tremendously with accuracy and for Rodgers with his happy feet earlier in his career. KP did seem to stay in the pocket more this past week and take shots while throwing the ball. That one where he got pummeled and still threw the first down pass to Robinson was excellent but he took a big shot.

Malik Willis, Matt Corral, Chris Oladokun and Skylar Thompson were also in that draft class. When you do your comparison, don't just use the guys who you deem are doing better than KP. Add in the guys who suck, are buried on a depth chart, etc. I mean, if you throw Zappe in there, even though he's not a starter, you now have to throw the rest in too.
Edit: As a matter of fact, it would be really swell of you to note your criteria now, in this post, or in another, so that we can see you're not just cherry-picking as the season unfolds.
They aren’t playing dip 💩. I said Zappe might start getting significant playing time and if so I’ll start to include his stats.

Just more excuses. 😂 🤡

I have seen him read zone defenses in college. And as the Packers fans are in the same situation we were in 2019 they have already decided Love is a bum and are calling for Clifford. So it’s only a matter of time.

The elementary kids wearing diapers are mentally challenged. Just like slashsteel.

Again your opinion of me means absolutely nothing. I need to get a life but you are the one stuck rambling on about Kenny every single day and before that Rudolph. I can run circles around you in football discussion so like Coolie said get over yourself. Your go to is always you are smarter and the person debating you is dumb. I don't need read anything about basic concepts as a child could out debate your simpleton approach to football discussions.

I don't care if you haven't responded to me in a year snowflake, I have no need to pretend to put people on ignore. I am not a weak coward. Yeah you shouldn't talk for other people as way more posters disagree with your ludicrous takes. I guess they should go read basic concepts books as well.

You are a sniveling whiney little *****. Grow up act like a man and get over your ridiculous pompous approach to talking to people.

🖕🤡
Have you learned what a dig route is yet? 😂 🤡

Come on go look it up at least. Learn one thing about football please. Just one. You can do it, Pull Ups.

You made the comparison because you are obsessed with Kenny. It was just another ridiculous post.
Why don’t you randomly bring up Mason for the 50th time this month and respond to my post a thousand times when I have to blocked and haven’t responded in a year. 😂 🤡

Have you learned what a dig route is yet? 😂 🤡

Come on go look it up at least. Learn one thing about football please. Just one. You can do it, Pull Ups.
🙄🖕🤡

I think KP has room to improve for sure but he looks good at times. It's so hard to tell when he is being chased by opposing D players and with the crap play calling coming from Canaduh and with the fact he hadn't been able to audible. It seems from their comments they are just now working on that and it worked against the Ratbirds. It's going to be tough to see what KP can be until Canaduh is gone but by then, he may have ruined KP. I've said that a ton. Canaduh is ruining KP like the Clowns ruined so many QB's they drafted in the top 10. KP is a football junkie, which is good. I hope he works with Allen's coach or Rodger's coach who helped both of them tremendously with accuracy and for Rodgers with his happy feet earlier in his career. KP did seem to stay in the pocket more this past week and take shots while throwing the ball. That one where he got pummeled and still threw the first down pass to Robinson was excellent but he took a big shot.
I don’t see a possibility Canada is here next year. But I stated before nothing big will change unless Tomlin is gone and Tomlin isn’t leaving until Art is gone. What I will say watching film is KP still is missing opportunities. That’s on him and that’s something he needs and can improve on. I agree by all accounts KP loves football and is a hard worker. That will do him well if he’s ever going to maximize his potential.

What KP needs to improve.

1. Reading zone defenses
2. Identifying single coverage
3. Accuracy

The good news all those things can be improved with work and study.

Thank you for an intelligent response.

Why don’t you randomly bring up Mason for the 50th time this month and respond to my post a thousand times when I have to blocked and haven’t responded in a year. 😂 🤡
Yeah that made sense you are foaming at the mouth mad. Laughing at your own nonsensical crap.

Cooch at least makes sense.

Back to football discussions. I suggest you do the same. Try to talk about something other than Kenny ❄️🤡

I don’t see a possibility Canada is here next year. But I stated before nothing big will change unless Tomlin is gone and Tomlin isn’t leaving until Art is gone. What I will say watching film is KP still is missing opportunities. That’s on him and that’s something he needs and can improve on. I agree by all accounts KP loves football and is a hard worker. That will do him well if he’s ever going to maximize his potential.

What KP needs to improve.

1. Reading zone defenses
2. Identifying single coverage
3. Accuracy

The good news all those things can be improved with work and study.

Thank you for an intelligent response.
Keep working at it one day you can have them too.

Yep was thinking C or DE. Keep attacking those trenches!
Ideally either pickett is the guy and the offense is solidified around him, or he isn’t and the next guy gets a functioning oline with in their prime skill guys already in place…

I’m thinking next year we get either IOL or DE in the first and the other in the second, then a third round CB…and hope Trice is a big piece going forward… we have two fourths so it might be feasible to move up in the second round too… or move that third to the second, but we also probably need to look at a RT unless Cook really is a answer, and maybe another Ilb or Rb in the lower rounds

Ideally either pickett is the guy and the offense is solidified around him, or he isn’t and the next guy gets a functioning oline with in their prime skill guys already in place…

I’m thinking next year we get either IOL or DE in the first and the other in the second, then a third round CB…and hope Trice is a big piece going forward… we have two fourths so it might be feasible to move up in the second round too… or move that third to the second, but we also probably need to look at a RT unless Cook really is a answer, and maybe another Ilb or Rb in the lower rounds
Definitely Chukes isn't the answer, I was just thinking Cole is the bigger problem of the two but RT could be upgraded too. Unless they think Dan could man it. Less convinced there although I think he is a more capable run blocker.

At IOL what they need to do is determine how athletic their scheme requires each position to be and make sure they have the right guys in tge right space or else just simplify the scheme…

Not every team has a center that’s going to block three gaps over and pull the way we sometimes ask ours to…

Olinemen are getting scarce.. it might make sense to build a scheme that is easy to find players for rather than one that requires elite athleticism, exquisite technique and above average strength…

They aren’t playing dip 💩. I said Zappe might start getting significant playing time and if so I’ll start to include his stats.

Just more excuses. 😂 🤡
Interesting response. I see you getting on Slash for what you deem as unwarranted personal attacks, etc. Nowhere in my response did I attack you, or call you any type of names. Yet, here you are with the traditional fall back you use when challenged.
Nevertheless, the challenge still stands. Let us know the criteria you will be using to judge the QBs you intend to judge now, in this thread or start another. That way, you are precluded from moving the goal post later.

Most needed positions on this team; Center and DE. Mason Cole has not been good this year. And, his "unstoutness" has rippled through the OL. When he breaks down, it often triggers a chain reaction. As for DE, Cam is only getting older. I don't know if I would place too much hope in Trice at CB next year. That's like 3 knee injuries since H.S.? He's got skills, but seems fragile.

i feel fortunate to participate in this community of absolute draft experts

i have learned so much, thank you all!

Yeah that made sense you are foaming at the mouth mad. Laughing at your own nonsensical crap.

Cooch at least makes sense.

Back to football discussions. I suggest you do the same. Try to talk about something other than Kenny ❄️🤡
I had you and a couple others ignored. I unignored everyone and I get 22 notifications of quoted responses FROM YOU! Not one other ignored person has responded to me as they probably realized I wasn't going to respond back. But your obsession with me, hating Mason Rudolph, and your unbridled love for Kenny Pickett has you responded to EVERY SINGLE POST MULTIPLE TIMES!

Oh, I can't talk about our starting quarterback? Why, because the stats lie and he is the bestest QB the world has ever seen? Lord knows we can't be critical of Kenny and compare him to the other starting QBs from 2022. That is just so asinine to compare him to the peers in his draft class. I mean Kenny was the 20th pick and Purdy was the 262nd so it isn't fair because he went to a better team and had the starting job handed to him...

Nope. I will continue to compare Kenny's stats on this thread. I will compare his start to his finish of the season. I will compare him to any of the other QBs that end up starting in his draft class. Because unlike you I want to see the numbers I want to compare and analyze the data. I want the facts. I don't want to sit here with rose colored glasses or deflect or shift blame.
Keep working at it one day you can have them too.
What is a dig route again? Maybe one day you will understand the most basic of routes. If that every happens I would be happy to explain how route combinations work in order to create space and separation.

At IOL what they need to do is determine how athletic their scheme requires each position to be and make sure they have the right guys in tge right space or else just simplify the scheme…

Not every team has a center that’s going to block three gaps over and pull the way we sometimes ask ours to…

Olinemen are getting scarce.. it might make sense to build a scheme that is easy to find players for rather than one that requires elite athleticism, exquisite technique and above average strength…
Our offensive line doesn't have much of an identity. You got quick athletic guys like Jones and Daniels then sturdy sand in the pants guys like Herbig, Cole and Seumalo. I don't know if we are built for zone or power at this point.

Interesting response. I see you getting on Slash for what you deem as unwarranted personal attacks, etc. Nowhere in my response did I attack you, or call you any type of names. Yet, here you are with the traditional fall back you use when challenged.
Nevertheless, the challenge still stands. Let us know the criteria you will be using to judge the QBs you intend to judge now, in this thread or start another. That way, you are precluded from moving the goal post later.
Probably uncalled for but I was pretty fired up when I responded.

So my nice version is. I am only comparing guys who are actually playing. Because besides a first round pick no one else is guaranteed an opportunity. Second round picks usually get a shot but not guaranteed. And after that it's earned or happens because of injury like how Purdy got his opportunity. Thompson and Zappe did get a little playing time last year. Zappe statistically had decent numbers. Thompson did not. But it was such a small sample size it is really hard to make much of it. Pickett, Ridder, Howell and Purdy have a decent sample size at this point. Pickett and Purdy more than Ridder or Howell. This is a moving and growing comparison and someone could either go off the rails and suck or someone could have it all click and explode. But I feel by next year we will have a pretty good idea of where they all fit in the scheme of things.

Most needed positions on this team; Center and DE. Mason Cole has not been good this year. And, his "unstoutness" has rippled through the OL. When he breaks down, it often triggers a chain reaction. As for DE, Cam is only getting older. I don't know if I would place too much hope in Trice at CB next year. That's like 3 knee injuries since H.S.? He's got skills, but seems fragile.
Agreed. I have mocked in my mock along mock Creed Humphrey and John Michael Schmitz in the last three years. The problem is there's not a stud center in this upcoming draft. There's some decent day two guys but they aren't going to check all the boxes either. And for 34 5-tech DE's there's a lot of upside guys but again not a lot of guys who check all the boxes. Might be better drafting a couple of day three guys and have them be situational/rotational guys. Logan Lee and Jordan Burch could be good day three guys who can each give you a little something.

I had you and a couple others ignored. I unignored everyone and I get 22 notifications of quoted responses FROM YOU! Not one other ignored person has responded to me as they probably realized I wasn't going to respond back. But your obsession with me, hating Mason Rudolph, and your unbridled love for Kenny Pickett has you responded to EVERY SINGLE POST MULTIPLE TIMES!

Oh, I can't talk about our starting quarterback? Why, because the stats lie and he is the bestest QB the world has ever seen? Lord knows we can't be critical of Kenny and compare him to the other starting QBs from 2022. That is just so asinine to compare him to the peers in his draft class. I mean Kenny was the 20th pick and Purdy was the 262nd so it isn't fair because he went to a better team and had the starting job handed to him...

Nope. I will continue to compare Kenny's stats on this thread. I will compare his start to his finish of the season. I will compare him to any of the other QBs that end up starting in his draft class. Because unlike you I want to see the numbers I want to compare and analyze the data. I want the facts. I don't want to sit here with rose colored glasses or deflect or shift blame.

What is a dig route again? Maybe one day you will understand the most basic of routes. If that every happens I would be happy to explain how route combinations work in order to create space and separation.

Our offensive line doesn't have much of an identity. You got quick athletic guys like Jones and Daniels then sturdy sand in the pants guys like Herbig, Cole and Seumalo. I don't know if we are built for zone or power at this point.

Probably uncalled for but I was pretty fired up when I responded.

So my nice version is. I am only comparing guys who are actually playing. Because besides a first round pick no one else is guaranteed an opportunity. Second round picks usually get a shot but not guaranteed. And after that it's earned or happens because of injury like how Purdy got his opportunity. Thompson and Zappe did get a little playing time last year. Zappe statistically had decent numbers. Thompson did not. But it was such a small sample size it is really hard to make much of it. Pickett, Ridder, Howell and Purdy have a decent sample size at this point. Pickett and Purdy more than Ridder or Howell. This is a moving and growing comparison and someone could either go off the rails and suck or someone could have it all click and explode. But I feel by next year we will have a pretty good idea of where they all fit in the scheme of things.

Agreed. I have mocked in my mock along mock Creed Humphrey and John Michael Schmitz in the last three years. The problem is there's not a stud center in this upcoming draft. There's some decent day two guys but they aren't going to check all the boxes either. And for 34 5-tech DE's there's a lot of upside guys but again not a lot of guys who check all the boxes. Might be better drafting a couple of day three guys and have them be situational/rotational guys. Logan Lee and Jordan Burch could be good day three guys who can each give you a little something.
Unhinged is a better word.❄️🤡

I know you will continue on with Kenny I expect no less with your obsessive traits. With how unhinged you are probably better for you to go back to pretending you have people blocked.

If you don't what a dig route is google it. That isn't part of the conversation. This thread is about Ford's obsessive issues with Kenny. Focus.🤡

Unhinged is a better word.❄️🤡

I know you will continue on with Kenny I expect no less with your obsessive traits. With how unhinged you are probably better for you to go back to pretending you have people blocked.

If you don't what a dig route is google it. That isn't part of the conversation. This thread is about Ford's obsessive issues with Kenny. Focus.🤡
Fired up. Of course, to be honest if I saw some insane crackpot that knew nothing about football talking out his arse and continually and obsessively commenting on one persons posts I probably would have called them out on their absurdity. I mean look back at how many times you bring up Mason Rudolph. I am obsessed because I said he didn't get a fair shot. I never said he was going to be great or was anything more than he has better stats than Pickett in his very small sample size. I can say Bailey Zappe has better stats in his very small sample size than Kenny too. Am I obsessed with Zappe? Or I can say he has way better numbers than Malik Willis. Now am I good because I am obsessed with Kenny because I stated facts that support your opinion?

You know I used to read a lot of Vic Ketchum and though many disliked him because he said what he thought and didn't follow the cheerleader narrative of my sports team makes no errors I actually enjoyed his perspective. He wrote for the Steelers, Jaguars and Packers. I started reading his stuff pretty young and at the tail end of his career as a Steelers beat writer but I followed his writings to Jacksonville and Green Bay. He retired and started a non-profit blog where he'd answer a dozen questions weekly to people who read the blog. I definitely did not always agree with him and I 100% did not agree with him politically but I did find we ended up with a common respect and he would answer most of the questions I would ask. I would ask maybe one a month and I would say over half the time I would get an answer. Then they had the belligerent posters on his blog who would argue, ***** and piss n' moan and it became unbearable for him and he ended his blog. Don't be one of those guys.

BTW Kenny leads all the QBs listed with 4 -4th quarter come from behind wins.

I now return you to your daily scheduled agenda.
Kenny is always losing and Brock is winning may have something to do with that stat.

Fired up. Of course, to be honest if I saw some insane crackpot that knew nothing about football talking out his arse and continually and obsessively commenting on one persons posts I probably would have called them out on their absurdity. I mean look back at how many times you bring up Mason Rudolph. I am obsessed because I said he didn't get a fair shot. I never said he was going to be great or was anything more than he has better stats than Pickett in his very small sample size. I can say Bailey Zappe has better stats in his very small sample size than Kenny too. Am I obsessed with Zappe? Or I can say he has way better numbers than Malik Willis. Now am I good because I am obsessed with Kenny because I stated facts that support your opinion?

You know I used to read a lot of Vic Ketchum and though many disliked him because he said what he thought and didn't follow the cheerleader narrative of my sports team makes no errors I actually enjoyed his perspective. He wrote for the Steelers, Jaguars and Packers. I started reading his stuff pretty young and at the tail end of his career as a Steelers beat writer but I followed his writings to Jacksonville and Green Bay. He retired and started a non-profit blog where he'd answer a dozen questions weekly to people who read the blog. I definitely did not always agree with him and I 100% did not agree with him politically but I did find we ended up with a common respect and he would answer most of the questions I would ask. I would ask maybe one a month and I would say over half the time I would get an answer. Then they had the belligerent posters on his blog who would argue, ***** and piss n' moan and it became unbearable for him and he ended his blog. Don't be one of those guys.

unhinged​

adjective

un·hinged ˌən-ˈhinjd

Synonyms of unhinged
: highly disturbed, unstable, or distraught
attacked by an unhinged extremist

Somewhere along the way, her pursuit of a hot guy turned into unhinged obsession.—Cosmopolitan

"Is this a new brand of humour? Or is your brain really unhinged?" inquired Tommy.—Agatha Christie