• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kenny Pickett Year 2....EXPECTATIONS....

Canada uses shifting, motion, trickery, and other tactics he learned when coaching college. He hasn't tricked anyone in the NFL yet. Suddenly his strategy will work? No. We will see the same offense we saw last year. Low scoring offense. Mike Tomlin football.
Matt Canada is a subpar offensive coordinator. We knew that when they hired him. On top of it, he is being limited with what Tomlin wants to do on offense. It’s a real bad combination that does not set them team up for success and will really depend on the talent of the players to overcome the shortcomings of the offensive coaching. It’s a fine line between winning and losing in this league and the Steelers don’t have an edge in this area.

I think the revamped O-line will be a noticeable upgrade for the running game. Kenny will have to throw less often, but I believe he’ll be very successful when he does. He was a top-10 QB the last half of the season. Prediction: 16 TDS, 6 INTs, 4 rushing. > 3000 but < 3500 yard passing.

I think they have a good chance at the AFCN. All the talk is about the Bengals and Ravens, and no doubt they’ll be contenders, but within the North, now that Ben is gone, nobody owns nobody. The Steelers split each team last year. And though L. Jackson didn’t play…I believe he’s only 2-3 vs the Steelers. The AFCN doesn’t scare me.

Same ol dumb arse crap. Wonderlic, hands, arm strength blah blah blah. This is a prime example why nobody should ever debate with you. You have been explained over and over again. Knocking your agendas down yet here they are yet again.

You did have the oh boy right though, I thought that exactly after reading your normal jibberish.

Are you going to make any detailed predictions as I did? That was the point if you can read the thread. You'll see just like Edwards and Bush, and before that Burns, I am correct on their NFL assessments and the Steelers had moved on from them. You can add Pickett's name as a player not signed by the Steelers by the time he is 30. All player the Steelers wish they did not spend their first round pick and invest the amount of time they did.

Judging by the amount of times you reply to me, you are interested in me, or rather you are obsessed with me.

Coach, you have a lot of statements here that are opinion and NOT fact. That’s A-ok as this board is based more on opinion, so keep that in perspective………. OPINION

Pickett executed what was given to him for the play. Kenny had NO leeway to audible or anything of that nature. He can’t be responsible for his OC’s ineptitude. ALSO, Ben ROETHLISBERGER was a game manager as well, least ways for those who like to label QBs with that label. Patience is good, KP will improve.

Did you watch any games last season, because if you had………. You’d notice KP didn’t have a great deal of OL help until late in the season. This new, high investment OL will be way better than last years. I’d venture to say the go from 24th (last season’s rank) to very near top ten (this season’s final rank). Great increase in protection, coupled with a competent run game will show safety improvement.

OPINION

I still say, did you watch many games last season…………. Kenny ran for his life on watt to many occasions and that definately affects the QBR. I’d lay odds that this season will increase dramatically.

PURE opinion and thanks for sharing them.
Why do you constantly want others to look up you opinions to try and prove them. They are your’s and demand YOU take the time to prove them.

Salute the nation

Pickett could not even audible you say. What is he dim witted? Don't answer that question! Sure he will get a little be better with more experience, but I think he isn't up to the standards of a good NFL starter, and say he is a game manager type. That is my opinion on him.

Thanks.

Pickett could not even audible you say. What is he dim witted? Don't answer that question! Sure he will get a little be better with more experience, but I think he isn't up to the standards of a good NFL starter, and say he is a game manager type. That is my opinion on him.

Thanks.

Pickett wasn’t allowed to audible, way different than not being able to.

O’Canada kept BEN ROETHLISBERGER from calling audibles until about week 5, let that sink in……………..

Picket will take this team as far as the OC’s ability will allow it. O’Canada is a bigger ? - factor than Pickett is.

Salute the nation

Are you going to make any detailed predictions as I did? That was the point if you can read the thread. You'll see just like Edwards and Bush, and before that Burns, I am correct on their NFL assessments and the Steelers had moved on from them. You can add Pickett's name as a player not signed by the Steelers by the time he is 30. All player the Steelers wish they did not spend their first round pick and invest the amount of time they did.

Judging by the amount of times you reply to me, you are interested in me, or rather you are obsessed with me.
Well if you don't want to be replied to.

A. Don't post on a message board, and
B. Don't be a dumb arse.

I know you can't help B but A is obtainable!

My detailed prediction is you will continue to make ridiculous predictions that you pass off as fact. In reality it is just you twatwaffling along like you are at an all you can eat IHop.

Thanks.
He wasn't allowed to audible. That is very well documented. Those close to the team don't think he will be allowed to audible this year also. This has nothing to do with KP and is just dumb coaching. Canaduh is holding KP back more than anything. I sure hope, as I said in my earlier thread, Canaduh is not the Canaduh we saw the last 2 years and opens things up for KP or the O will be more of the same and more people blaming KP for the complete ineptitude of his OC.

Here's my question about audibles...

If Pickett or any quarterback for that matter, called an audible and wasn't "allowed" what would happen? Are they going to fire Pickett? bench him? The investment is in the player not the coach. I'd just make the damn audible call and ask for forgiveness after the play works. Asking for permission never works.

He wasn't allowed to audible. That is very well documented. Those close to the team don't think he will be allowed to audible this year also. This has nothing to do with KP and is just dumb coaching. Canaduh is holding KP back more than anything. I sure hope, as I said in my earlier thread, Canaduh is not the Canaduh we saw the last 2 years and opens things up for KP or the O will be more of the same and more people blaming KP for the complete ineptitude of his OC.
And head coach. Tomlin hired Fichtner and Canada and I think his fingerprints are all over the overall scheme. Not throwing deep, instead throwing near the line of scrimmage and rarely in the middle of the field. Four quarterbacks have struggled to produce in this offense. I think Tomlin wants to play the games close and is afraid of turnovers when throwing over the middle. The team has to quit counting on keeping the game close for 55 minutes and then expect the offense to flip a switch for a game-winning drive.

If Pickett or any quarterback for that matter, called an audible and wasn't "allowed" what would happen? Are they going to fire Pickett? bench him? The investment is in the player not the coach. I'd just make the damn audible call and ask for forgiveness after the play works. Asking for permission never works.
I think you will see things open for Kenny somewhat this season. Even then I think their intention is to run with sprinkling in the pass. A ball control scheme...

Oh boy.

A few predictions.

1. About 210 yards passing a game or less. Ie, he is a game manger who will need turnovers from the defense and a good running game to function well. He is 1-4 last year when throwing it 32 times or more. KP8 threw it very short most of the time. Easy passes. This inflated his completion % a bit, as did the amazing catches by his receiver Pickens. Red flag

Looking back at last season I think Kenny Pickett showed the Steeler Nation he can be more than a Game Manager. The kid had (3) 4th Quarter comebacks last season and that IMO for a rookie shows that he is more than just a game manager. He showed the ability to lead the team downfield to victory. Neil O'Donnell was a game manager......and not a very good one. Kenny has shown the ability to lead the team downfield.

While that should always be the Ultimate Team Goal but I'm talking about Kenny Pickett's progression as a QB from a statistical standpoint. What are your expectations and how do you think he'll perform this season?
unlike some I don't give a flying **** about stats

yes they can be an indicator but they are never the whole story

I want to see him progress as a starting NFL QB

I want him making good decisions under pressure and protecting the ball

I want him to be the leader out on the field and show confidence in his ability to lead the team down the field in crunchtime

Thanks.
we all know who the real dimwit is

Thanks.
Always a ray of sunshine and optimism.

Sure but the players wouldn't have practiced audibling at the line and no one would know what to do or how to communicate it. Not audibling is 100% on Canaduh and even Tomlin.

Guaranteed pulling him from the game and Mitch inserted. Pickett would be on the sidelines getting a royal *** chewing in front of his teammates.

ALSO, this isn’t Hollywood, the odds of his “audible” being successful is slim to none. They hav en’t practiced anything for blocking assignments to route tree, to RB assignments…….. It isn’t just switching a play at the line of scrimmage but what also goes into preparedness / communication of that switch.

Salute the nation

pretty sure audibles have to be prepared for

they set the code and practice it, if the OC doesn't work with the offense and set up the audibles it is pretty hard for the QB to call one in the game

I watched every game last year. My opinion, which others may disagree with is that if Pickett’s play was a story arc last year it went this way from start to finish: 1) pure rookie with all the mistakes; to 2) game manager; to 3) clutch player that could be counted on at the buzzer.

Maybe it’s just me, but that is a great story arc for a first year qb. A qb that will have even more talent around him this year, particularly in the trenches.

I watched every game last year. My opinion, which others may disagree with is that if Pickett’s play was a story arc last year it went this way from start to finish: 1) pure rookie with all the mistakes; to 2) game manager; to 3) clutch player that could be counted on at the buzzer.

Maybe it’s just me, but that is a great story arc for a first year qb. A qb that will have even more talent around him this year, particularly in the trenches.
I"m not quite ready to call him a clutch player

but he did show a lot of improvement

Take the size 4 kiddy gloves off…

I expect KP to not suck this season

More than 200 yards a game
More than a 41.5 completion % in the RZ
More TDs than picks (at least 2:1)
More than a 9-8 record
More than zero playoff wins

I think those are baseline minimum expectations from him if he is indeed “the guy” and quite realistic for a first overall QB taken in a draft in his 2nd year starting

If he can’t make those basic goals plenty of GOOD QBs in next year’s draft

Will that philosophy put enough point on the board?
Good question. I think they will be able to control the clock (TOP). But how many more points per game. We'll see...

Good question. I think they will be able to control the clock (TOP). But how many more points per game. We'll see...

I think they are going to need to get to 24-25 points per game average. 17 isn’t going to cut it and 2nd tier (which we will be) offenses will put up near that many.

I don’t think the elite offenses will hang 30 on us so that 25 number could give us a chance.

Salute the nation