• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kenny Pickett Year 2....EXPECTATIONS....

Overall, KP has looked good at camp from everything I've read and seen. I can't wait to see him in the preseason games and then to start the season. Hopefully, Canaduh truly will open things up for him including audibles and the middle of the field.

If they don’t have audibles installed by now, then this entire coaching staff needs fired yesterday.

O’Canada would need tarred and feathered on his way out……………….

Yeah, that same OC who wouldn’t let the HOF quarterback call an audible until week 5.

Salute the nation

Last edited:
I don't. I just saw him for a few hours last nite.
I always have the highly disliked take on him. A great player and Pittsburgh figure head. As an announcer he struggles and sometimes just throws **** out there that makes no sense. He obviously intelligent and well liked but as a commentator I would rather hear someone else...

If they don’t have audibles installed by now, then this entire coaching staff needs fired yesterday.

O’Canada would need tarred and feathered on his way out……………….

Yeah, that same OC who wouldn’t let the HOF quarterback call an audible until week 5.

Salute the nation

I would have already canned him, but it's literally pre-season and they don't put much out for other teams to game plan on for when it counts.

I always have the highly disliked take on him. A great player and Pittsburgh figure head. As an announcer he struggles and sometimes just throws **** out there that makes no sense. He obviously intelligent and well liked but as a commentator I would rather hear someone else...
It made me think of the days of Edmund Nelson in the booth.

Former NFL QB JT O'Sullivan goes off on Canada's offense. Says Canada's offense is 2 middle fingers to modern passing games

A more blunt way of what Kurt Warner recently said? I'll definitely watch this later, but a lot seem to feel good with the players the Steelers have with major concerns with Canada's offensive scheme.

KP giving us leads could lead to another DPOY for Watt or maybe even Highsmith. If we were to actually get some sizeable leads with KP progressing can you imagine the devastation Watt, Cam, Highsmith and the rooks could unleash on a team that has to pass?

This guy might make Kenny’s life easier👍👍

If Canaduh will use him will be the question. He's doing this in practice but will they give him many snaps his rookie season and then throw to him in the middle of the field or red zone are all things we will have to wait and see. I have no confidence in Canaduh to use the talent he now has on O.

If Canaduh will use him will be the question. He's doing this in practice but will they give him many snaps his rookie season and then throw to him in the middle of the field or red zone are all things we will have to wait and see. I have no confidence in Canaduh to use the talent he now has on O.
Hopefully Kenny can audible out of some of the crap and trust his instincts and throw the ball around.

Maybe the HC of the Pittsburgh Steelers will instruct him to. After all. He is the HC. In charge of operations on the field. Is it not his responsibility?

Or better yet they could read the Steeler Nation comments. We have all been loudly advocating the use of the middle of the field for years.😁

Maybe the HC of the Pittsburgh Steelers will instruct him to. After all. He is the HC. In charge of operations on the field. Is it not his responsibility?

Or better yet they could read the Steeler Nation comments. We have all been loudly advocating the use of the middle of the field for years.😁
Its where the pigeons land, because the Steelers don't use it.

For a frame of reference, Big Ben cleared 22 TDs twice in his first 8 years and took him 4 years to do it for the first time. Also for yardage, Ben didn't clear 3600 yards until year 6.

I'd say, for me the baseline for a full season with KP is 18 TDs and 3000 yards. That's what I expect. I'm more interested to see his QBR and expect to see it in the mid 90s this year. if he hits above that, this team might be special.

I want to see 2 TDs in a game first before I think he can hit big numbers for a season.

Also, not to get sidetracked, but the Wonderlic is a draft metric. Like 40 time, hand size, jumping, short area quickness. It only matters when assessing candidates for being a draftable player. Once they are in the league, it doesn't mean ****, and performance is all that matters moving forward.

Football IQ is not measured on a wonderlic, and you can only assess that by watching a QB's in game decision making. This is why the top Wonderlic scores all time are not superbowl winners while you have champion QBs scoring in the teens on that metric. This is akin to saying you are dumb because you had a below average SAT score. Does that even factor in to your ability to get a great job, advance, and be successful? It certainly does not. Just a metric for admission.

Interesting Wonderlic numbers for former Steeler QBs:

11 Tee Martin
13 Neil O'Donnell
14 Kordell Stewart
14 Charlie Batch
16 Terry Bradshaw
19 Bruce Gradkowski
20 Michael Vick
25 Byron Leftwitch
25 Ben Roethlisberger
27 Brian St Pierre

So tell me again that Wonderlic makes for a great QB when our best Wonderlic QB was the longest tenured practice squad QB in NFL history? It's just a metric for admission and draft slotting.

Big O is a freak

If the coaching staff can’t see he should be on the field over Gentry there are some serious talent evaluation issues

To not have him in on short yardage, RZ and 3rd downs seems criminal as he is a mismatch in the run or pass game…and he can catch-his numbers were lower for one reason, Brock Bowers.

For a frame of reference, Big Ben cleared 22 TDs twice in his first 8 years and took him 4 years to do it for the first time. Also for yardage, Ben didn't clear 3600 yards until year 6.

I'd say, for me the baseline for a full season with KP is 18 TDs and 3000 yards. That's what I expect. I'm more interested to see his QBR and expect to see it in the mid 90s this year. if he hits above that, this team might be special.

I'm assuming you mean passer rating. QBR is on a scale of 0-100. Only two quarterbacks had over 70 QBR in 2022 -- Mahomes and Josh Allen.

I want to see 2 TDs in a game first before I think he can hit big numbers for a season.

Also, not to get sidetracked, but the Wonderlic is a draft metric. Like 40 time, hand size, jumping, short area quickness. It only matters when assessing candidates for being a draftable player. Once they are in the league, it doesn't mean ****, and performance is all that matters moving forward.

Football IQ is not measured on a wonderlic, and you can only assess that by watching a QB's in game decision making. This is why the top Wonderlic scores all time are not superbowl winners while you have champion QBs scoring in the teens on that metric. This is akin to saying you are dumb because you had a below average SAT score. Does that even factor in to your ability to get a great job, advance, and be successful? It certainly does not. Just a metric for admission.

Interesting Wonderlic numbers for former Steeler QBs:

11 Tee Martin
13 Neil O'Donnell
14 Kordell Stewart
14 Charlie Batch
16 Terry Bradshaw
19 Bruce Gradkowski
20 Michael Vick
25 Byron Leftwitch
25 Ben Roethlisberger
27 Brian St Pierre

So tell me again that Wonderlic makes for a great QB when our best Wonderlic QB was the longest tenured practice squad QB in NFL history? It's just a metric for admission and draft slotting.
That tells me we had some stupid QBs.....and a few won SBs.....probably because of the talent around them and perhaps great coaching. 🤪