• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Last three roster spots

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Currently, we have 87 players on the camp roster. The limit is 90, and we always are at tge limit when minicamp starts… so who are gonna be the last 3 adds

One UNDOUBTEDLY will be a QB.. we always carry 4 for emergency reasons and to have an extra arm to throw in practice …
Now the problem is that there simply aren’t many ufas left that will be willing to play for a 3rd string role at best…
Logic says Mason Rudolph, but if he isn’t willing to return and the wentz’s and Bridgewaters are holding out for a qb2 or better role, then it’s possible that the 4th QB comes from elsewhere… maybe XFL tryouts.. Ben Dinucci got an offer to attend Denvers minicamp… he played at Pitt.. maybe we offer to bring him in… or maybe one of the older vets looking to hang on…

Hakeem Butler and Chidi Okeke did get minicamp tryouts from us and aren’t yet on the roster… so perhaps Wr and OT are areas tgey are still looking to improve

There is an outside chance we’d bring Snell back for ST, but otherwise we really should have no need at RB,TE, or WR ( despite the Butler tryout)

I do think that one spot will be used on OT… we really only have 4 guys who are Tackles on the roster… with 6 guards and 4 centers and some of those being interchangeable… it does seem shallow outside

The defensive line looks solid…
I have no actual clue how Ilb is going to play out… but we seem loaded there

OLB is a definite possibility… depending upon how Roche and Egbule have developed… Herbig will play some special teams so we can focus on another actual olb as depth… we will keep 4 .. we haven’t really replaced Jamir Jones since his release due to off field issues. If they aren’t comfortable with the two aforementioned development guys ( I really don’t think Perales, tge udfa we just brought in, will be anything but PS material his first year… he is raw) then I am suggesting Markus Golden… who has played Lolb and Rolb and a little DE and had success, even coming off of tge bench. He had a subpar season last year. He would be a cheap reserve guy.

Ilb seems pretty loaded now.. im not sure bringing Jack back will happen

S is a possibility because after the top three its a lot more potential than proven guys… killebrew is just a ST ace.. I could certainly see Karl Joseph coming back as a SS

Cb seems really solid now… Sullivan ended tge concern about slot depth

I could see a pass rusher, QB, and OT. Tackle probably would be an undrafted. Perhaps vets to fill in the other mentioned.

I was considering coming out if retirement for one of those last 3 spots.
But I am 55. The whole story would be about me. Not the team.
And for that reason I will stay retired. Team first

I was considering coming out if retirement for one of those last 3 spots.
But I am 55. The whole story would be about me. Not the team.
And for that reason I will stay retired. Team first

Meh age is a construct… for instance, I am in my mid 40’s, but I easily could pass for 65.. lol

Look, trading up for Broderick jones was 100% the right move, and only giving up the 4th was absolutely amazing value, but it does suck we had to do that, because it would have been absolutely amazing to have gotten Jones in the first and carter Warren in the 4th and basically been loaded at the position. Tackles are such a valuable commodity these days. Double dipping in a decent pool would have been great…

Look, trading up for Broderick jones was 100% the right move, and only giving up the 4th was absolutely amazing value, but it does suck we had to do that, because it would have been absolutely amazing to have gotten Jones in the first and carter Warren in the 4th and basically been loaded at the position. Tackles are such a valuable commodity these days. Double dipping in a decent pool would have been great…
Still they double dipped at G in free agency. Solid trench attack. Add that to two they brought in last year in a short time they have overhauled the majority of the Oline. Next year they can revisit for that RT.

I highly doubt that MASON RUDOLF will, return this year.

Maybe for “Mitch” money, but not for #3 or less $$denar$$$.

I think he made near 5mil his last season here.???

Salute the nation

Coach is convinced that some guy (a grad student who almost gave up football in 2021, and completed 6 passes for 10 yards last year as Clemson's backup) is going to become the Steelers' third-string QB, so there's that. You know, because 5-star high school quarterbacks from six years ago don't grow on trees.

Coach is convinced that some guy (a grad student who almost gave up football in 2021, and completed 6 passes for 10 yards last year as Clemson's backup) is going to become the Steelers' third-string QB, so there's that. You know, because 5-star high school quarterbacks from six years ago don't grow on trees.
I mean some teams don’t even use third string qbs… I could see us doing that and keeping one on the practice squad, ( though that hasn’t been our MO) but at least for camp there will be 4 on the roster…

I highly doubt that MASON RUDOLF will, return this year.

Maybe for “Mitch” money, but not for #3 or less $$denar$$$.

I think he made near 5mil his last season here.???

Salute the nation
No team has offered him Mitch money. I don’t know that any team has offered him anything. Beggars can’t be choosers.

Any ILBs out there that are interesting? OLB or ILB would be a guess