• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let Cam walk

Where will they ever find a player to cover his 25 snaps a game and minimal production???

This roster has been built on loyalty for years tho so I expect they bring Cam back at his lofty number for one last meaningless season, not like Deuce is worried about contending or being truly relevant

If the money flows no need to change a damn thing, just keep regurgitating the same damn 💩
Sigh. Well, on the surface Deuce is saying things will/are changing. They brought in Smith as OC, which seems at least one step better than just hiring an already-on-staff lacky. It is "one step" better, Arthur seems to have a reputation to keep/enhance; he's not going to do a full-scale "Tomlin yes man" routine that would hurt his rep. That being said, it remains to be seen just how far he will conform to the Shades, pee-your-pants madness of fear of turnovers and trying to win game 13-10. Let's not forget that the 1st words out of Shades' mouth were about turnovers in his loss to Buffalo. He's that f---g retarded on the subject.

Sigh. Well, on the surface Deuce is saying things will/are changing. They brought in Smith as OC, which seems at least one step better than just hiring an already-on-staff lacky. It is "one step" better, Arthur seems to have a reputation to keep/enhance; he's not going to do a full-scale "Tomlin yes man" routine that would hurt his rep. That being said, it remains to be seen just how far he will conform to the Shades, pee-your-pants madness of fear of turnovers and trying to win game 13-10. Let's not forget that the 1st words out of Shades' mouth were about turnovers in his loss to Buffalo. He's that f---g retarded on the subject.
Turnovers played a crucial part in that game. Why wouldn't he bring them up? Turn the ball over you usually lose.

As far as I can tell, Cam biggest sin is being a Tomlin guy, as well as getting old and injured. TJ Watt is a Tomlin guy. So is Highsmith. So is Minkah. Somebody oughta warn those guys not to get old or have an injury.
No, someone needs to warn them of signing "pie-in-the-sky" mega contracts that pay high prices when they are old and expect to keep them as they age. Did Cam really think he was gonna be as good at 35-years-old as he was at 27? Only if he is incredibly obtuse would he think that. He is clearly NOT worth $22 million a year and only a dullish person would not have seen this reality come to fruition. Cam claims he can play until he's 40. Well, I got news for him: He's not Tom Brady playing QB. He's a 300 LB DT playing inside and not known for their longevity. After what this franchise has given him, he should can his brutish attitude, whether or not he's been a Shades' yes man for all these years. His indignant act doesn't play nor should it with a team who has paid him plenty for his entire career. He "won't play for $1 less than his contract calls for?" $22 mill for 2 sacks ah?

Turnovers played a crucial part in that game. Why wouldn't he bring them up? Turn the ball over you usually lose.
Turnovers are especially killers when you have an offense that can't score points and a D that can't stop the opponent from scoring. He left that part out. What good is your ultra-expensive D (the highest paid D in the entire NFL) if it can't stop an opponent from marching up and down the field with ease in the playoffs? They are the highest paid defense in the league but perform 21st in the NFL. How is that formula working out for you Shades? Paid the most, perform 21st. I should mention they are 7th in PPG, but giving up 19 PPG doesn't mean all that much when you only score 17 PPG on offense. Shades is hopelessly, foolishly locked into thinking you win by only keeping your opponent's score to under 14 PPG; such a lusterless, antiquated way to look at things.

Turnovers are especially killers when you have an offense that can't score points and a D that can't stop the opponent from scoring. He left that part out. What good is your ultra-expensive D (the highest paid D in the entire NFL) if it can't stop an opponent from marching up and down the field with ease in the playoffs? They are the highest paid defense in the league but perform 21st in the NFL. How is that formula working out for you Shades? Paid the most, perform 21st. I should mention they are 7th in PPG, but giving up 19 PPG doesn't mean all that much when you only score 17 PPG on offense. Shades is hopelessly, foolishly locked into thinking you win by only keeping your opponent's score to under 14 PPG; such a lusterless, antiquated way to look at things.
decaf.

Man I made an avocado bowl for breakfast.
2 avocado, 3 hard boiled egg, ham, bacon, diced up onion super small, pepper, a teaspoon of mayo and spicy mustard, jalapeno dust. Mix well.

Super good and super good for you
You need some chipotle sauce to kick it off!

by tweaked i would hope that means T-biscuit and PP cut or restructures for the minmum possible...their true worth

And definitely can move money around like they always do for players that are actually producing like Watt and Highsmith

With tackles always at a premium do you think Chuks would have any trade value?
Trades, voided years, restructures, cuts. Plenty of options.

With Chukes my guess is they try to trade him, then it is the chopping block. I would think he is tradable though. As starting capable Ts usually are. They got something for bigdot. I would think they could get something for him...

You stress over **** you can't control
So, we are only allowed to discuss things that are in our control? OK, shut down this board then, we will have nothing to talk about. Who the head coach is and if he's a good one? Can't control, no sense talking about. The draft and who we should take? Can't control, no sense discussing. Should we vastly overpay a 35-year-old DT? No control, no reason to bring up. Who will the starting QB be? No control, no reason to mention.

Man I made an avocado bowl for breakfast.
2 avacado, 3 hard boiled egg, ham, BACON, diced up onion super small, pepper, a teaspoon of mayo and spicy mustard, jalepeno dust. Mix well.

Super good and super good for you

Regular or Peppered ?

Salute the nation

But why would he accept to extend his contract one more year without any new money?

I was thinking instead of an outright “CUT”, he may go for it.

My grandpa py always said “A little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing”

I was just throwing Cam’s situation a number, looking for a response of something viable for team and him.

Salute the nation

So, we are only allowed to discuss things that are in our control? OK, shut down this board then, we will have nothing to talk about. Who the head coach is and if he's a good one? Can't control, no sense talking about. The draft and who we should take? Can't control, no sense discussing. Should we vastly overpay a 35-year-old DT? No control, no reason to bring up. Who will the starting QB be? No control, no reason to mention.

Tomlin thinks we have the Steeler D of the mid-2000s. And that is how he coaches his games. The problem is our defense now has nothing dominant about it. It is just a mediocre average at best type of D.

Tomlin thinks we have the Steeler D of the mid-2000s. And that is how he coaches his games. The problem is our defense now has nothing dominant about it. It is just a mediocre average at best type of D.
it i basically the same defense ran for years. not much change. teams have figured it out

it i basically the same defense ran for years. not much change. teams have figured it out
Agreed. Unfortunately, Tomlin hasn't figured out yet that everyone else has figured it out. That is the issue today. We have talent on our defense.....but our scheme is old and outdated.

We have ONE phenom at OLB and one "solid" OLB the other side. The DL is below par, the ILBs are as well. And the DBs are below average, all the while spending more on D than any team in the NFL. "Someone" has been mismanaging the team's personnel. How can we have the MOST expensive D while ranking 21st? We are 19th against the rush. And the media STILL describes Pgh as the team with that "tough defense" regardless of it not being true.

And thank God we faced who we did or the stats would have been far worse.

- Ravens - back up QB and 1/2 of entire team back ups.
- Bengals - back up QB.
- Colts - back up QB.
- Pats - back up QB.
- Bengals - back up QB.
- Browns - back up QB, 4th string.
- Titans - rookie QB.

Imagine if we didn't play so many back up QBs

Agreed. Unfortunately, Tomlin hasn't figured out yet that everyone else has figured it out. That is the issue today. We have talent on our defense.....but our scheme is old
The price of having a coach who only thinks in antiquated terms and hires no assistants who want to think beyond the "old way." When is the last time it looked like we "confused" any team or QB?