• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let's Go PENS!

Steel G

Reaction score
The inj had ****** our line ups in the third being down two. I think that played a lot into this come back.

It did have an effect, but jeez, it still shouldn't turn a 4-0 cakewalk into a 4-3 nail biter. If it was over two periods, I could understand but not all in about the last half of the 3rd.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Sutter was having a great game and a great series....one of their best penalty killers....him being out had a 'lil something to do with another near collapse.

hope it's not serious.

Go, Rags.

IF that is what you think, that is fine. I watched a team try to kill time on the PP rather than go for the kill and it cost them. Then it began to snowball. IMO they took their foot off the gas and almost gave it away. No the injuries didn't help. But they were ok for a stretch with those injuries. Kept playing their game. Then the 2 consecutive PP's came and it all went to hell. They let down and lucked out. That is how I see it. Doesn't matter. They won and that is good. They have to be better next round or it will be a short series.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Can they please go a few games without giving up a shorthanded goal? That **** drives me nuts.

Spike

Reaction score
had em alllllllllllllllll the way

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic · Sutter tells me he’s ‘good’ as he passes by. Didn’t look/sound concerned at all. Moving a bit gingerly.

Spike

Reaction score
They have to be better next round or it will be a short series.

is that a broken record I hear?

"Pens won't make it out of the first round."

"Pens won't make it out of the second round"

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn.,.....right?! To many negative Nancy's here!

Spike

Reaction score
it must really suck to be a Sharks fan

up 3-0 in the series and lose 3 in a row.....two game 7's coming up in the west - I like the Wild, want to see them beat the Avs too

thumbring

Reaction score
Glad to hear Sutter says he's ok. I noticed him in the handshake line at the end, so I was hopeful it wasn't too serious. What about Vitale?

Good to see Fleury bounce back!

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
had em alllllllllllllllll the way

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic · Sutter tells me he’s ‘good’ as he passes by. Didn’t look/sound concerned at all. Moving a bit gingerly.
Vitale might be a different story.

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
Good to close this one out. Hope a few days rest will let Sutter heal up. The Vitale injury looked so much worse. Not sure who I want in the next series, let them go to 7.

Wild still has a pulse. Great game against the Aves. Game 7 on Wed.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Glad we don't play the Bruins next. I think we can take either NY or Philly. But, we do need to play better. They blew two games when they had a huge lead and they almost blew a third last night. That won't work moving forward. They need to learn to play for 60 minutes.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
is that a broken record I hear?

"Pens won't make it out of the first round."

"Pens won't make it out of the second round"

And you know it to be true. They can't play that way against the Flyers for sure. Of course, Philly has their own way to get the Pens to do stupid things. This team is maddening. They played 50 minutes of brilliant hockey last night. BRILLIANT. Then the last 10 minutes of the 3rd came. I don't get it. This team just stops working for long stretches. Hardly a formula for winning in the playoffs.

Spike

Reaction score
Vitale might be a different story.

Gibbons should be coming back - he'll fill that slot

I think it's no mystery that the best the defense has looked in months is when Orpik is out of the line-up

Spike

Reaction score
And you know it to be true. They can't play that way against the Flyers for sure. Of course, Philly has their own way to get the Pens to do stupid things. This team is maddening. They played 50 minutes of brilliant hockey last night. BRILLIANT. Then the last 10 minutes of the 3rd came. I don't get it. This team just stops working for long stretches. Hardly a formula for winning in the playoffs.

they just won in the playoffs, so your theory is already busted - not every game has to be 9-0 to win - it isn't figure skating, there are no style points

keep it simple, shoot the puck, go to the net, get the dirty goals, everybody be responsible on D - that's my formula and it works

it's when they get cocky and start the globetrotter **** that makes my head asplode

Spike

Reaction score
Glad we don't play the Bruins next. I think we can take either NY or Philly.

as horrible as the Flyers look against the Rags you know they are a different team against us

give me the Rangers - Sid owns Lundqvist

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
as horrible as the Flyers look against the Rags you know they are a different team against us

give me the Rangers - Sid owns Lundqvist

I agree. We just seem to match up better against the Rangers. We're gonna have to improve our play to advance to the next round.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Let's go Rangers!!

My thoughts with ASSUMING Sutter and Gibbons are available

Kunitz Sid Gibbons
Jossi Geno Neal
Bennett Sutter Stemmy
Adams Goc Glass

Martin Letang
Nisky Maata
Scuds Bortuzzo

Steel G

Reaction score
From after the Columbus series was knotted 2-2...

Spike has the Habs... does anyone think it will be Boston? lol

Habs have had so much time off because of the sweep plus they went up against a scrub goalie. Hate to say it because I want them to advance, but I fear they are in for a rude awakening against the Bruins.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Go Rangers! (just for tonight)

Part of me wants this series to go 7, but why drag it on? Dust off those golf clubs!

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
I want the rangers too. I have no idea why we let Philly get in our heads like they do. We always try to play physical with them. and that's not our game.

I think NY is a better team than Phl but I like the matchup better. Looking past them, I want boston. **** boston. I want to smash them down on the way to the cup

Go pens!!!!

Stillers

Reaction score
LOL, you guys are lunatics.

You barely beat Columbus. Admit it.

Either the Rangers or Flyers take the Pens out in 6.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
barely? It ended in 6 games. The games were close, but the Jackets really didn't have enough firepower to pull off that series. Admit it.

Second, everyone knows the first series is the toughest to win. Either NYR or Philly will make the Pens to step up their game. They know they have to play better and not fall for PHI's psychotic antics.