• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let's Go PENS!

Spike

Reaction score
Here we go...

Report: Dan Bylsma 'lost the dressing room,' owners favor change

Ownership favored firing Bylsma as of Wednesday, the sources said.

Ownership believed Bylsma lost the dressing room this season, specifically the support of franchise centers Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, the sources said.

Players were unhappy with Bylsma's numerous meetings and long practices and the decreasing sense of fun within the Penguins' daily environment, the sources said.

Crosby and Malkin also grew disenchanted with perceived harsh criticism they received from Bylsma during meetings, the sources said

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...ma-lost-the-dressing-room-owners-favor-change

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
So that dumbass harshly criticized the two best players in the world. Great strategy, you stupid ****.

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
There's talk that the Pens will buy Babcock from the Red Wings. That sounds crazy, but I'd kick the tires on that.

He's got a year left under contract right? Might be worth the trouble. They need any marginally used D-men with fat wallets?

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I have been in favor of keeping Bylsma, but not anymore. After the olympics this team was not very good and team USA was really flat in the olympics. Does not look good for Dan's motivational skills. I definitely agree that this team was way too soft. I dont know if that is Shero's fault or Dan's or a combo, but when you get pathetically outhit in the Columbus series something is wrong. I think the one game was like 50 hits to 25....I would be embarrassed to be a player to see those numbers. Another problem is Dan did not seem to learn anything from previous playoff failures or the olympic failure. I dont know who the answer at coach is, but it has to be someone who at least makes the team play D. It was a total cluster with the puck in our own end. I dont think we need someone as strict at Therrien, but someone who is definitely more defensive minded. With the talent on the team there is no excuse for this team not to have gone further.

Spike

Reaction score
So that dumbass harshly criticized the two best players in the world. Great strategy, you stupid ****.

well another way to look - spoiled brats want things their way = Awwww ... upset that the Coach hollered at them.......So to get even they tanked the Playoffs

.......Makes sense to me........

Spike

Reaction score
tick...tick...tick

Penguins' collapse complete

Penguins ownership will consider a sweeping overhaul that could include terminating general manager Ray Shero in addition to Dan Bylsma and the members of the coaching staff, multiple sources told the Tribune-Review. Ownership specifically is concerned about a perceived lack of accountability for players, overall team toughness and unproductive drafts, the sources said.

The sources also said Penguins ownership might not want to undergo a complete front-office shakeup with only about a month before the NHL Entry Draft.

No decisions have been made, and they will not be rushed, the sources said.

Shero and Bylsma have two years remaining on their contracts. Shero signed Bylsma and top assistants Tony Granato and Todd Reirden to extensions a few days after the Penguins were swept from the conference final by Boston last June.

Within a month, Shero also signed center Evgeni Malkin and defenseman Kris Letang to eight-year extensions, re-signed wingers Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis, and added defenseman Rob Scuderi in free agency — all on multiyear deals.

The Penguins have played 27 home playoff games — each worth about $2 million to the team — since Consol Energy Center opened. However, the Penguins have won only 13 of those contests

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/pensgalleries/6097941-74/penguins-series-games#axzz31hIG1Rax

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the final player media day. **** will start happening on Friday. This will not be pretty, and it shouldn't be.

Steel G

Reaction score
http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/6101755-74/sources-penguins-bylsma#axzz31fHTxjl9

Crosby and Malkin felt they needed one another this season when they grew frustrated with Bylsma, the sources said.

Crosby and Malkin grew disenchanted with perceived harsh criticism they received from Bylsma during meetings, the sources said. They and other veteran players were unhappy with Bylsma's numerous meetings and long practices and the decreasing sense of fun within the Penguins' environment, the sources said.

Good lord, if this is true. Seriously? Bylsma got tougher cause it's his *** on the line and the real reason why the sense of fun went away is because you chokers kept getting the boot from the playoffs way too early. Sure, that doesn't totally absolve Danny of his poor decisions, but heaven help us if the whiners aren't happy. Malkin moped cause of the freaking Olympics and Crosby, he came home with gold again yet he still moped around. Don't get it. Probably wasn't happy cause he didn't get a flashy name at the trade deadline to play with.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
The best player in the world scored one goal in the past three weeks.

well another way to look - spoiled brats want things their way = Awwww ... upset that the Coach hollered at them.......So to get even they tanked the Playoffs

.......Makes sense to me........
Lemieux, Jagr, Coffey, & Co. chased away more than their share of coaches when they were players too. Best NHL coach of all time Scotty Bowman was not allowed to attend practice because he was a big meanie.

Last edited:

Stillers

Reaction score
What a week of hockey action...

mHM3DMk.gif

Spike

Reaction score
Pens were 1 for 20 on the PP

well there's your problem

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
There is just a general lack of anything in their game that looks superior. Geno stepped it up a few times, but no one else seemed to get into their second gear and join him. There were times when it looked like the Rangers were on the PP because of their great stick, passes and set ups in our end.

The look is of a team with no identity and no culture of winning. That's on the coach.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
all kind of rumors and speculation being thrown around to the unraveling of the Pens. Disco will be gone, Shero is 50/50. Mgmt on the fence with him, Mario wants Shero back. There's also unconfirmed reports something may have happened in Sid's life to alter his state of mind and body language, and if/when it goes public, fans will feel for him. Whatever in the Hell that means??? Whatever it is, it's sad, but not tragic.

Last edited:

JupiterBnG

Banned
Reaction score
all kind of rumors and speculation being thrown around to the unraveling of the Pens. Disco will be gone, Shero is 50/50. Mgmt on the fence with him, Mario wants Shero back. There's also unconfirmed reports something may have happened in Sid's life to alter his state of mind and body language, and if/when it goes public, fans will feel for him. Whatever in the Hell that means??? Whatever it is, it's sad, but not tragic.

I call BS on Sid's "tragedy." St. Louis had no problem using his personal tragedy to lift himself and his team.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
I think the Pens need to get a coach that coaches a mugging neutral zone trap defense that works in the playoffs... get a bunch of goons to protect Sid... and teach them to interfere and hold sticks all year long...sure, they might enter the playoffs as a lower seed, but when the refs swallow the whistle, they will be prepared.

Don't completely disagree with this except for one thing L........the neutral zone trap. I do NOT want this team to become the NJ Devils (aka the most boring ******* team in the NHL.)

This team needs an enforcer at all times. They need someone that can come in and take care of anyone who takes shots at Crosby like the Rangers did over and over and over and over again.

Yep. Where's Tony Twist when ya really need him?

Dan has done some great things here,

Not to be a dick but am seriously asking/ Like what?

I said last year that signing a new deal for Letang was a mistake and it certainly is now. They can try and trade him now, but good luck with that. On top of that, the older crew like Adams, Kunitz, Scuderi and Dupuis (not that he was around for this playoff mess, but he's coming off a serious injury at 35) needs to be purged.

Wow.....let's not get nuts. Kunitz had the 2nd most goals by a wide margin this year in the regualr season (one less than Sid and 8 more than Neal). He didn't have a good PO performance, but who did? Adams is more valuable than many give him credit for.....he makes a minimal salary which is about right for what he is a 4th liner. He could be replaced I guess, just like the guy and he plays hard every shift. Dupuis was coming off 25 and 20 goal seasons and was a +6 before his injury....yeah he's getting up there but I would love to have him back assuming he can fully recover.

Letang came back to have a nice po run....looked like the old Letang for a while there.......wouldn't break my heart if he were dealt though and his po run might be enough to make another team over pay him. But if he goes, and Scuderi goes you're talking about a major defensive rebuild. Might be time for that though and there are some baby Pens salivating over that possibility.

Here we go...

Report: Dan Bylsma 'lost the dressing room,' owners favor change

Ownership favored firing Bylsma as of Wednesday, the sources said.

Ownership believed Bylsma lost the dressing room this season, specifically the support of franchise centers Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, the sources said.

Players were unhappy with Bylsma's numerous meetings and long practices and the decreasing sense of fun within the Penguins' daily environment, the sources said.

Crosby and Malkin also grew disenchanted with perceived harsh criticism they received from Bylsma during meetings, the sources said

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...ma-lost-the-dressing-room-owners-favor-change

This is crazy.....again, only in the NHL does the tail wag the dog.....whaaa he's mean.

Mike Keenan is rumored to be in the mix...........take the article for what it is worth.

http://nhl.si.com/2014/05/14/mike-k...-next-coach-of-pittsburgh-penguins/?eref=sihp

Oh man, I used to hate that guy.

The best player in the world scored one goal in the past three weeks.

Lemieux, Jagr, Coffey, & Co. chased away more than their share of coaches when they were players too. Best NHL coach of all time Scotty Bowman was not allowed to attend practice because he was a big meanie.

Didn't remember that, but you're right. Still nuts.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't really care what Crosby and Malkin have to say. They were part of the problem. Crosby has done nothing in the playoffs for 2 years in a row. Malkin started to play better in the playoffs this year but why does he play like the top player in the league when Crosby is out hurt and then play like just a good player (at best) when Crosby is back in the line up? That one baffles me. If he and Crosby play to their potential game in and game out, they would be unstoppable.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
This is crazy.....again, only in the NHL does the tail wag the dog.....whaaa he's mean.

It's not quite like Kordell Stewart interviewing offensive coordinators, but yeah.

Oh man, I used to hate that guy.

If they thought Bylsma was no fun and made them work too hard, I don't think they're going to like Mike Keenan.

Last edited:

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score

he now has the most wins as a Penguin coach., which is a pretty nice record to have, but not earth shattering thing to accomplish with his line-up, but you can't discount it. With all the injuries this team has gone through, they remained competitive and winning. When the team loses, the coach is blamesd, but when they win, he should get some credit, as well.

Vader

Reaction score
I know Malkin gets a lot of heat but I really appreciated the way he played most of the NY series. He actually looked like he cared. He had several passes to the slot or to the wings and the guys either fanned on them, broke sticks, or shanked it. He tried to take over but the guys around him were in a funk. Even Crosby **** the bed.

Spike

Reaction score
Anyone listen to 970 ESPN?
Savern had Yohe on and Yohe was saying something about how even the players were commenting on the arrogance of the organization... they were both saying they heard the Letang trade rumor from last summer was true.

Spike

Reaction score
That was the problem... they had a dressing room and not a locker room... very emasculating.

Didn't you hear? Our boys just wanna have fun

Sid and Malkin = coach killers?

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

hook

Forefather
Reaction score

he now has the most wins as a Penguin coach., which is a pretty nice record to have, but not earth shattering thing to accomplish with his line-up, but you can't discount it. With all the injuries this team has gone through, they remained competitive and winning. When the team loses, the coach is blamesd, but when they win, he should get some credit, as well.

This team is the Atlanta Braves of hockey. They are awesome during regular season, but choke in the playoffs every year. Tons of regular season wins doesn't mean **** if you can't advance in the playoffs and keep getting bounced by lesser teams. Championships is all that matters.