• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let's Go PENS!

Shitcan that gutless balless miserable little **** of a coach.

At a minimum....Flower and Disco has to go. You can't lose 3 home games in a seven game series...you can't lose 3 straight when you have them on the ropes. His teams ALWAYS, ALWAYS come up with nada in the big games and it happened again. We saw this movie before in Boston last year and the Tampa series a couple years ago. Fleury....pack your bags. In the last three games your .890 save percentage doesn't get it done. I could give two-***** how many odd mans you faced. Lundqvist faced 25 more shots in the last three games and still pulled an .971 save % and only allowed 3 goals to your 9 in only 83 shots. I heard Winnipeg is nice.

Bylsma and Fleury need to go for us to win another championship but I just don't see it happening.

I don't know if they will clean house or not. Right now, the only player they won't get rid of is Crosby but he has sucked in the playoffs the past 2 years. Malkin can be a top 5 or 10 player but he seems to only do that when Crosby is out hurt. It wouldn't shock me if they traded him. This team should have more than one Stanley Cup by now.

This series was over after game 5. You could just see it in the players. It's the playoffs and Bylsma just could not get them motivated. Some of that is on the players also because if you can't get fired up for the playoffs then you shouldn't be playing. They did out play the Rangers last night but they couldn't get anything past their goalie. He won that game single handedly for the Rangers.

I don't know if they will clean house or not. Right now, the only player they won't get rid of is Crosby but he has sucked in the playoffs the past 2 years. Malkin can be a top 5 or 10 player but he seems to only do that when Crosby is out hurt. It wouldn't shock me if they traded him. This team should have more than one Stanley Cup by now.

I can't imagine Olli Maatta being available either. Sid had a couple bad playoff years but can't see him as trade material...outside of those two I would be open to anything including Malkin.

Fleury wasn't the reason the Pens lost last night... watch the game... the Rangers quality of shots that entire game was unreal... the defense was out of position (twice due to trippings by the Rangers that led to two on one breakaways that Fleury stopped).

I'm just sick of watching the NHL in the playoffs... the refs call a tripping to give the Rangers back the momentum and the lead that was WEAK... and then let St. Louis tackle Malkin in front of the goal and then twenty seconds later let a Ranger bounce his head off of the ice three or four times and it ends up being matching minors with Malkin in the box... two bad offsides calls late in the game against the Pens and countless missed trippings that were way worse then what the Pens were hit with, as well??? the NHL and their playoff ref disappearance is ridiculous... The NHL wanted the Rangers in the Conference Finals... It will be interesting if the NHL prefers Boston vs. NY or all of Canada vs. NY tonight.

Lemieux should be standing behind the Pens bench just before the final buzzer sounds ... then he can tell Dan he's fired as soon as it goes off.

Told my son last night (and you guys here earlier in this thread) that they need someone whose presence overshadows those of Sid and Geno....Mario would be one such guy. He's probably not interested but I'd LOVE to see him behind the bench.

I can't imagine Olli Maatta being available either. Sid had a couple bad playoff years but can't see him as trade material...outside of those two I would be open to anything including Malkin.

I'd like to hang on to Niskanen...... Gibbons, Bortuzzo, Vitale, Adams too.

Fleury wasn't the reason the Pens lost last night... watch the game... the Rangers quality of shots that entire game was unreal... the defense was out of position (twice due to trippings by the Rangers that led to two on one breakaways that Fleury stopped).

I'm just sick of watching the NHL in the playoffs... the refs call a tripping to give the Rangers back the momentum and the lead that was WEAK... and then let St. Louis tackle Malkin in front of the goal and then twenty seconds later let a Ranger bounce his head off of the ice three or four times and it ends up being matching minors with Malkin in the box... two bad offsides calls late in the game against the Pens and countless missed trippings that were way worse then what the Pens were hit with, as well??? the NHL and their playoff ref disappearance is ridiculous... The NHL wanted the Rangers in the Conference Finals... It will be interesting if the NHL prefers Boston vs. NY or all of Canada vs. NY tonight.

Lemieux should be standing behind the Pens bench just before the final buzzer sounds ... then he can tell Dan he's fired as soon as it goes off.

Disagree about MAF....the 1st goal was soft as a baby's ***. Get your point about the officiating big time.....it's completely arbitrary......what other sport has a standing policy of changing how or whether rules are enforced for their play offs? I won't blame the refs for this melt down but they were horrid......also missed a glaring too many men on the rags.

Told my son last night (and you guys here earlier in this thread) that they need someone whose presence overshadows those of Sid and Geno....Mario would be one such guy. He's probably not interested but I'd LOVE to see him behind the bench.

That would be awesome!

Shitcan that gutless balless miserable little **** of a coach.
I saw this coming when they **** the bed in game 5. I can't put losing this series on Fleury though, they didn't score **** for points.

The refs were horrible as usual. Rangers got away with tripping calls and one too many men on the ice that ******* Helen Keller could have seen.

However, the defense was bad as well. Not just the odd man rushes but once in the 3rd ONE Ranger out worked 4 Pens to dig the puck out. How in the hell can 4 guys not over power ONE guy and get the puck away from him.

Reading Dejan this morning, and he seems positive both Bylsma and Shero are hitting the road. He also mentioned that Burkle and Mario are pissed that even with all the abuse Crosby and Malkin took, no Penguins came to their defense. Pretty upset about the officiating as well.

The refs were horrible as usual. Rangers got away with tripping calls and one too many men on the ice that ******* Helen Keller could have seen.

Early yesterday 93.7 was playing a clip of Don Cherry saying that the Pens are letting Sid get beat up and not doing anything aboot it. Don F'n Cherry. How bad is that?
(For those unfamiliar, Don Cherry would normally say something like "The Rangers need to beat the **** out of Crosby to win this series".)

Early yesterday 93.7 was playing a clip of Don Cherry saying that the Pens are letting Sid get beat up and not doing anything aboot it. Don F'n Cherry. How bad is that?
(For those unfamiliar, Don Cherry would normally say something like "The Rangers need to beat the **** out of Crosby to win this series".)

When Crosby gets crosschecked in the back of the head in game six and the ref is skating right towards him and sees it and calls nothing... that is ridiculous... Like I said yesterday, back in Gretzky's day, the Oilers would have been on a month long power play for what they got away with against Crosby.

I think the Pens need to get a coach that coaches a mugging neutral zone trap defense that works in the playoffs... get a bunch of goons to protect Sid... and teach them to interfere and hold sticks all year long...sure, they might enter the playoffs as a lower seed, but when the refs swallow the whistle, they will be prepared.

When Crosby gets crosschecked in the back of the head in game six and the ref is skating right towards him and sees it and calls nothing... that is ridiculous... Like I said yesterday, back in Gretzky's day, the Oilers would have been on a month long power play for what they got away with against Crosby.

I think the Pens need to get a coach that coaches a mugging neutral zone trap defense that works in the playoffs... get a bunch of goons to protect Sid... and teach them to interfere and hold sticks all year long...sure, they might enter the playoffs as a lower seed, but when the refs swallow the whistle, they will be prepared.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Just say **** it and get use to taking penalties in the regular season then rock it in the playoffs because the refs swallow the whistle. Get some enforcers to bounce some skulls around as well. They need some tough guys that can cycle the puck and stop with the fancy passing that ends up in your own net.

Quit blaming the ref's. There were some pretty bad calls/non calls for both teams. This was the most disorganized, gutless clusterfuck of a team in the playoff's I've seen in some time. At least when we were sucking in the '70's and '80's we played hard and with heart. This years team just went through the motions even though they were loaded with talent. That's on the coach to allow that to continually to happen.

If Shero keeps his job and Bylsma let go, which could happen, the early scuttlebutt is Barry Trotz could be the successor. Shero and Trotz have a history in Nashville.

This team needs an enforcer at all times. They need someone that can come in and take care of anyone who takes shots at Crosby like the Rangers did over and over and over and over again.

We also need to put someone down low right in front of the goalie. This used to be a problem we had back in Lemieux's day and it is back. We faced two of the best goal tenders in the game in our first 2 series. We were lucky to get out of the first series but couldn't get past Lundquist in this one. We outplayed the Rangers last night but couldn't beat Lundquist. We need someone right in front of him to block his line of sight and even bump into him from time to time. He was rarely screened when we took a shot. He is too good to not get someone in his face.

This team needs an enforcer at all times. They need someone that can come in and take care of anyone who takes shots at Crosby like the Rangers did over and over and over and over again.

We also need to put someone down low right in front of the goalie. This used to be a problem we had back in Lemieux's day and it is back. We faced two of the best goal tenders in the game in our first 2 series. We were lucky to get out of the first series but couldn't get past Lundquist in this one. We outplayed the Rangers last night but couldn't beat Lundquist. We need someone right in front of him to block his line of sight and even bump into him from time to time. He was rarely screened when we took a shot. He is too good to not get someone in his face.

This is where DD failed, IMO. What you just suggested is right on and Dan did not utilize his guys to do what was obvious to everyone else. Engelland could be that enforcer, but he sat. You have James Neal, who when not taking penalties, should have been planted in front of King Henry. We didn't see it last year against Boston and again this year against NYR. If there was a game plan, what was it? Shoot from the point and passing to make NHL Tonight Highlight reel? No identity. They need discipline, structure and someone that understands adjustments behind the bench.

I mean, didn't they try that last year? I though brining in Douglas Murray and Morrow was to beef up...that was in addition to Inginla and Jokinen and still nada. Hell, they brought in Gary Roberts and Georges Laraque to do the same thing years ago for Sid. It's not like it hasn't been tried. Honestly, l hate looking back but in hindsight Shero taking Staal over Jonathan Toews could have been the real Captain this team needs now.

Was Iginla and Morrow used properly? They said that they were not. Who knows what the real answer is, but the one that takes the downfall is the coach. After 5 years of not making the Finals, it is time for a change. Dan has done some great things here, but from the reports of the arguments in the locker room and meetings during the Ranger series, this team needs a kick in the ***.

My biggest problem with the Pens for the last month has been the fact that, in the offensive zone, everyone was busy mucking behind the net, no one in front of it to get the puck to for a scoring opportunity. Our one goal last night came because Jokkinen camped out in front of the net, waiting for the puck.

That and all the brilliant no-look, behind-the-back passes to absolutely no one in the middle of the zone.

Oh, and our bullshit habit of the defensemen taking turns skating up to our own blue line and then passing it backwards for the other defenseman to skate around with it for a while.

This team lacks the desire to play ugly. If it's not a highlight-reel pass, shot or check, they'd all rather circle around and wait for the perfect photo op.

I said last year that signing a new deal for Letang was a mistake and it certainly is now. They can try and trade him now, but good luck with that. On top of that, the older crew like Adams, Kunitz, Scuderi and Dupuis (not that he was around for this playoff mess, but he's coming off a serious injury at 35) needs to be purged.

There's talk that the Pens will buy Babcock from the Red Wings. That sounds crazy, but I'd kick the tires on that.