• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Linebackers

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Allright...I know we got brains out there to help me out, so lets see what happens at linebacker by the start of this season. Inside linebacker is a horse in itself, but I think that there is an abundant amount of talent to make it productive. nuff said.

I'm scared that OLBer will sink this years effort to move up a notch.

You guys know my bullshit rants about the practice squad players by now. I say that they are not given enough due when it comes to a filling in during the season. OK whatever, that's me...now lets see what we have at OLBer and how far do we have to reach to achieve average or better performance this year ?

Right now we have ;

Jarvis Jones....Arthur Moats.....James Harrison....these guys are locks, for now and I am not in the least bit impressed, even with"ole silverback"

Shawn Lemon...Shayon Green..these guys just signed,,but with some limited experience. One may stay if he's really sharp but they are camp fodder to me.l

Howard Jones...Jordan Zumwalt....Terence Garvin...These are my guys, they have been around this team a year, gettin' their
*** kicked in practice. This is where I want the next great linebacker to come from but there are only
so many slots to fill.

How many slots...4, 5, I doubt 6 but OK maybe, if we loose a DB. How do we sort this out with a # 1 in the mix or maybe a # 2.... whatever. I can see an interesting camp coming up but do we come out strong or just playin' the game ?

Last edited:
I read an article about a week or so ago and it was about the practice squad players. There are some players on there that very well might be starters this year or next year. You have the LB's you mentioned. The tight end that they were very high on last year. And, some others. These guys practice each week and the coaches see them. They know what they have there other than on the field experience. I would fully expect a surprise or two coming from the practice squad and hopefully at OLB.

Interesting group. They will likely not cut loose JJ this year but it might be time. I really like the idea of keeping decent back up talent if they are going to go in a different direction. I would hope they could find someone to trade with because it would be nice to get even a 5th rounder for him at this point. James will likely be done after this year and they might work something out with him so that he does not sign with another team if they actually have to release him during the season.

All I know is that when Peezy left, there was no way to fill that spot with backups or ps players.

All I know is that when Peezy left, there was no way to fill that spot with backups or ps players.

When Peezy left/was let go, they filled the spot with his backup ... Deebo ... a former ps player. j/s

A friend of mine played D with H Jones in college. This guy KNOWS football, I asked him last month if he thought Jones could start for the Steelers and he said yes, he can be great. Then he said that he probably will fail because he just isn't smart enough. Maybe with intense film study and preparation he can play, but watch out for some really bonehead plays.

I would like to see two LBers, two Cbs a S, a WR and a RB selected from this draft

they can grab a S in round three (weak crop)

a CB and OLBer 1 and 2

4 a CB or OLBer

5 a CB or OLBer (what you didnt pick in 4) or a WR or RB

6 and 7 what wasnt picked..........

(My hope anyways)

There's another question too. Who contributes on special teams. We kept a boatload of db's last year because they were ST demons, this years OLBers will need to contribute as well.

57 Garvin, Terence ..very solid ST play, can play both in and out
48 Green, Shayon.......reportedly good, we'll see
92 Harrison, James ...not at 36 yo, he didn't even play at 30 as I recall
44 Jones, Howard.....Don't know but very possible candidate
95 Jones, Jarvis.......I'm not positive but I don't think he plays teams
54 Lemon, Shawn ...13 sacks up in the tundra, we won't know about him till preseason
55 Moats, Arthur......I can't find any teams history
45 Nix, Roosevelt....I listed this guy 'cause he's there, no redeeming points 'cept strength
56 Zumwalt, Jordan...like Garvin, can play both in and out and teams

*unfortunately between Zumwalt and Garvin, only room for one hybrid, so one will likely have to go
*another unfortunate would be cutting Deebo to make room for a younger prospect, preseason decision for MT

That's 9 so far, one or two in the draft and I can see at least 3 easy cuts but that leaves 8 or 9 for 5 slots ( maybe ) and of those 5, I don't see anybody that looks like another team would want to trade for. We may be hurtin' for sure.

Our draft picks better be ready to play day 1

There's another question too. Who contributes on special teams. We kept a boatload of db's last year because they were ST demons, this years OLBers will need to contribute as well.

57 Garvin, Terence ..very solid ST play, can play both in and out
48 Green, Shayon.......reportedly good, we'll see
92 Harrison, James ...not at 36 yo, he didn't even play at 30 as I recall
44 Jones, Howard.....Don't know but very possible candidate
95 Jones, Jarvis.......I'm not positive but I don't think he plays teams
54 Lemon, Shawn ...13 sacks up in the tundra, we won't know about him till preseason
55 Moats, Arthur......I can't find any teams history
45 Nix, Roosevelt....I listed this guy 'cause he's there, no redeeming points 'cept strength
56 Zumwalt, Jordan...like Garvin, can play both in and out and teams

*unfortunately between Zumwalt and Garvin, only room for one hybrid, so one will likely have to go
*another unfortunate would be cutting Deebo to make room for a younger prospect, preseason decision for MT

That's 9 so far, one or two in the draft and I can see at least 3 easy cuts but that leaves 8 or 9 for 5 slots ( maybe ) and of those 5, I don't see anybody that looks like another team would want to trade for. We may be hurtin' for sure.

Our draft picks better be ready to play day 1

You have the bottom six plus draft competing for 1-2 slots plus PS. It would be nice to see someone clearly win the spot(s)

Last edited:
You have the bottom six plus draft competing for 1-2 slots plus PS. It would be nice to see someone clearly win the spot(s)

I don't see anything close to pretty here. If we keep the vets..

Jones, Harrison and Moats..

.the draft picks usually don't get cut so that's it..were done, all them guys above either find a spot on the PS or get gone.

This is not pretty, not pretty at all.

When Peezy left/was let go, they filled the spot with his backup ... Deebo ... a former ps player. j/s

Think he was being a smart ***, just saying ;)

Think he was being a smart ***, just saying ;)

Yeah, it was late and I've had some long work days. Sarcasm meter was definitely off on that one. lol

Seriously; does anyone have any belief in Jarvis Jones at all for this year?

I mean he's got a few years under his belt and has unfortunately been injured. In a way it's like how we've had guys like Gildon who were high picks finally get their chance if he stays healthy. Maybe it's not as dire as we want to think.....

I mean he's got a few years under his belt and has unfortunately been injured. In a way it's like how we've had guys like Gildon who were high picks finally get their chance if he stays healthy. Maybe it's not as dire as we want to think.....

I haven't written him off. He had 2 sacks and a FF in less than 3 games before injuring his wrist.

One can only hope FSF...one can only hope.

13888654-studio-portrait-on-black-background-of-a-funny-expressive-caucasian-man-with-crossed-fingers-hoping-.jpg

Jarvis has not looked good while out there. What he has done is make Jason Worilds look good. As I see it we have a spot open for Jason, and if folks are ready it is time to loose or trade JJ after the draft. He has even been called a bust by one of the bird cage liners and at this point write him off as a bad pick and let him go. There are spots for two players right there, Next year James will go and we add another, Moates likely not long after. We are going to be drafting linebackers on a regular basis for a while since we have not replenished the ranks for a while.

Jarvis has not looked good while out there. What he has done is make Jason Worilds look good. As I see it we have a spot open for Jason, and if folks are ready it is time to loose or trade JJ after the draft. He has even been called a bust by one of the bird cage liners and at this point write him off as a bad pick and let him go. There are spots for two players right there, Next year James will go and we add another, Moates likely not long after. We are going to be drafting linebackers on a regular basis for a while since we have not replenished the ranks for a while.

Doesn't leave much hope for this year if you're playin' Harrison and Moats. I personally don't think Deebo can play full time and while Moats is OK, his track record is as a rotational player also. Two second team dogs tryin' to fill 1st team harnesses.

Im hopeful. He seemed to be getting it last year before he got hurt.

Jones is going to have to step it up, more than a notch. He has several notches to go.. I hope he improves that first notch, s the season starts. TYhe second notch can come about week 6.

Salute the nation

I haven't written him off. He had 2 sacks and a FF in less than 3 games before injuring his wrist.

Just one person's opinion; but I agree 100% here. In reality, whenever you get real production from a rookie it's a bonus. Most players who really make an impact long term you see their production really come in years 2 and 3 and Jarvis had a nice start to last year before the injury. Greg Lloyd was drafted in 1987 and injuries prevented him from being on the field for his first 2 seasons.

One can only hope FSF...one can only hope.
Hope -- I can't help but consider the irony of two similarities between now and 1989;
  1. The organization finally went with a true rebuilding focus (moving away from the 70s holdovers like Stallworth and Shell) and changed schemes offensively and defensively
  2. The last time the Steelers had an apparent gaping hole at OLB; entering the 1989 season after the "best" player on the Steelers: Mike Merriweather wanted out of town and managed to get the Steelers to trade him for a 1st round pick.

HOPE. There was a gaping hole at LB and a 7th round pick from the 1987 draft who hadn't even been able to play his first two years due to injuries, but he was on the roster, he learned the system and when he was healthy in 1989; Greg Lloyd did something for the Steelers franchise that words can never adequately describe, but for the first time since Jack Lambert the Steelers had a LB that genuinely brought intimidation back. Lloyd simply kick-started the Steelers rightful place as the franchise with the greatest LBs EVER.

Wingman this goes back to what I have been saying about the standard. But historically speaking, when you look at our OLB combos since the current 3-4 scheme has been in place -- I'll prove to you that the statement he has not looked good while out there is maybe a little unfair because of that standard. A quick look at the various OLB combos starting with Lloyd and Williams, when they were drafted as well as when they became a starter at OLB and their production in sacks, INTs and fumbles recovered in that initial season.

• Greg Lloyd: 7th/1987. Full Time starter in 3rd season. 7 sacks, 3 INT, 3 Fumbles Recovered
  • James Harrison: UFA Full time starter at OLB in 6th season 8.5 sacks, 1 INT, 3 Fumbles Recovered
  • James Porter: 3rd/1999. Full time starter at OLB in 2nd season 10.5 sacks, 1 INT, 1 Fumble Recovered
  • Lamar Woodley 2nd/2007 Full time starter at OLB in 2nd season 11.5 sacks, 1 INT, 4 Fumbles Recovered
  • Jason Gildon: 3rd/1994 Full time starter in 3rd season 7 sacks 0 INT
  • Chad Brown: 2nd/1993. Full time starter in 3rd season at ILB 8.5 sacks 1 INT Shifted to OLB in 1996 when Lloyd was injured 13 sacks, 2 INT, 2 Fumbles Recovered
  • Clark Haggans 4th/2000 Full time starter at OLB in 4th season 6 sacks, 0 INT, 1 Fumble Recovered
  • Kevin Greene: Free Agent 1993. Full time starter 12.5 sacks, 0 INT, 3 Fumbles Recovered
  • Jerrol Williams: 4th/1989. Full Time starter in 4th season. 4.5 sacks, 1 INT, 1 Fumble Recovered
  • Carlos Emmons 7th/1996 Full time starter at OLB in 3rd season 3.5 sacks, 1 INT, 1 Fumble Recovered

Im hopeful. He seemed to be getting it last year before he got hurt.
I'm actually genuinely excited because when I look at our defense; as much as I am a fan of Dick LeBeau, Troy Polamalu, Ike Taylor and Brett Kiesel -- it's time to move on. And even though the more I hear that Troy wanted to continue; as much as I am a fan of his -- the Troy that was the guy used to see is gone. I don't want to see Troy playing a traditional Strong Safety -- what made him unique and special was his unbelievable plays.

As I stand behind Jarvis as a guy who will get a chance this year -- there is also Ryan Shazier who missed last year to injury. If we get a quality defensive starter in the draft, ironically we can argue we're adding 3 brand new young defensive players in one season.

On top of that, Shmarko Thomas may finally get his chance at SS and I suspect that Mike Mitchell will do better with a traditional SS; not being used to playing with Troy. I would say too bad, deal with it, if it were 2010 -- but Troy can't make the plays he used to make. So with Mitchell not having to play way outside his comfort zone, going back to what he does do best....I would say that we're adding 5 potentially new defensive players.

If Tuitt continues to improve -- we can have the best bookends on the Defensive Line since Aaron Smith and Brett Keisel with Heyward and Tuitt......and they may be even better at being play makers. There is a lot to look forward to!

Jones is going to have to step it up, more than a notch. He has several notches to go.. I hope he improves that first notch, s the season starts. TYhe second notch can come about week 6.Salute the nation

Lets just hope he does as well as the LBs who waited 2/3 years over the last 2 decades and enjoys similar success.

Lets just hope he does as well as the LBs who waited 2/3 years over the last 2 decades and enjoys similar success.

WOW a silver lining has been spotted in that there dark cloud...thanks FSF, I needed that.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FSF again.

When I say Jarvis has not looked good I am not referring to his statistics. He routinely gets enveloped by tackles and once engaged seems to get no push. By comparison the old man Harrison gets engaged and appears to still force the issue with the tackle. Now the tackle may give the QB enough time to get rid of the ball but one generally gets the impression he better not hold on to it any longer. When I see Jones engaged by an offensive linemen the QB does not look like he has to get rid of it unless he wants to.

I really suspect the lack of athleticism that Jones has is the problem not something else. Previously I did not know about the Sparq scores but after reading about them via the information that was graciously provided on here I think that is what is going to be the down fall of a good college player transitioning to the nfl. Shasier on the other hand has the explosiveness and will likely really improve when he gets the chance because he will still have the athletic ability.

I do not question the character of Jones or think he is not doing his best I just think he will not be strong enough or fast enough or quick enough to get to the next level. His combine numbers show that and he does not seem like he has progressed past them either. He also has the spinal condition that may or may not cause him problems as well.

WOW a silver lining has been spotted in that there dark cloud...thanks FSF, I needed that.

Appreciate much to you both. Keep in mind I am not boasting I know something you all don't know or anything else like that. The simple fact of the matter is how good Jarvis Jones is going to be up to Jarvis Jones commitment and work ethic. I can tell you something, not you nor me have any idea what Jarvis Jones is prepared to do and what he is doing to prepare for the opportunity that exists for him in 2015.

I remember having this debate with Vader about Jason Worilds prior to the 2013 season. Vader of course, was down on Worilds -- insisting that if he really were any good he would have shown it by then. And he never provided anything substantial to back up his debate -- especially when you consider he was drafted while the Steelers had James Harrison and Lamar Woodley already in place -- how could you really expect Worilds to break into that starting line-up:
  • 2008-2011: The Harrison/Woodley combination combined for 90 combined sacks -- 22.5 sacks per year.
  • 2012: The Harrison/Woodley combination had 10 sacks between them -- with Worilds starting 3 of 16 games and having 5 sacks in fill in duty at ROLB and LOLB.
  • 2013-2014: Jason Worilds -- started all 16 games in back to back years and had 8 & 7.5 sacks.
Now who won that debate? I does suppose it does come out to what your expectation was because Jason Worilds definitely was productive, but he wasn't at the level of Joey Porter, James Harrison or even Lamar Woodley before him. And looking back, knowing what we know now -- Jason Worilds walked away from what would have been the biggest contract of his life in Free Agency this year because he had other priorities.

So here is the question, what is your expectation of Jarvis Jones? If he were to match the success level of Jason Worilds in his first full year of starting and ended up with 8 sacks, would you be disappointed?

Here's a fair approximation of what Jarvis Jones could be worth. The Steelers have featured really 6 primary OLB combos since 2000; featuring Jason Gildon, Joey Porter, Clark Haggans, James Harrison, Lamar Woodley and Jason Worilds. Here's an analysis of each -- starting with Porter taking over for Carlos Emmons. Note that not one OLB started any sooner than year two and look at the relative production increase from the year they were a part time or reserve player to what they did when they assumed the starting OLB roles:

Carlos Emmons final season with Jason Gildon; Joey Porter rookie
  • 1999: Carlos Emmons 16/16 6.0 sacks, 1 INT, 3 FF
  • 1999: Jason Gildon 16/16 8.5 sacks, 0 INT, 0 FF
  • 1999: Joey Porter 16/0 2 sacks, 1 FF, 2 FR, 1 TD
Carlos Emmons best season -- 1999; 6.0 sacks, 1 INT, 3 FF (2nd season as starter, 4th in NFL)
Career Highlights: Emmons never quite matched his pass rush production that he attained in 1999 with the Steelers, he was signed by the Eagles as an UFA and was a solid starter on their defense during their 4 consecutive years reaching the NFC Championship and finally winning it in 2004, but of course failed to beat the Pats in the Super Bowl.
Jason Gildon best season -- 2001: First Team All Pro/Pro Bowl; 12 sacks, 1 INT, 3 FF, 2 FR (6th year as a starter, 8th in the NFL)
Career Highlights: setting Steelers All Time Sack Record (77), 1 time First Team All Pro/3 Pro Bowls -- key part of 2 Steelers teams that lost outright fluke games in AFC Championship due to Kordell Stewart 3 INT and special teams meltdowns to a pair of teams (Patriots and Broncos) that were circumventing the rules and caught
Joey Porter first season starting with Jason Gildon
  • 2000: Joey Porter 16/16 10.5 sacks, 1 INT, 1 FR, 1 FF, 1 TD, 1 SFTY
  • 2000: Jason Gildon 16/16 13.5 sacks, 0 INT, 4 FF
Joey Porter's best season -- 2002: First Team All Pro/Pro Bowl; 9 sacks, 4 INT, 2 FF, 2 FR (3rd year as a starter, 4th in the NFL)
Career Highlight: The entire 2005 post season Joey Porter was the heart and soul of that championship run as he compiled 3 sacks but most importantly how his challenge and calling the heavily favored Colts "soft" really rallied the team to the "upset" (Steelers were equal to better than Colts despite the Colts record) and how he got into the Seahawks heads -- in particularly the TE Stevens -- without Porter that Super Bowl run doesn't happen, 1 time First Team All Pro/3 Pro Bowls -- Joey Porter left an all time image with the Steelers -- his best statistical season came with the Dolphins with 17.5 sacks in 2008 (even more than DPOY Harrison with Steelers in same season) but his years with the Steelers were special -- easily could have been 3 time Super Bowl Champion with Steelers.
Jason Gildon final Season with Joey Porther, Clark Haggans 3rd season
  • 2003: Jason Gildon 16/16 6 sacks, 1 INT, 1 FR, 1 FF
  • 2003: Joey Porter 14/14 5 sacks, 0 INT, 1 FR, 1 FF
  • 2003: Clark Haggans 16/2 1 sacks, 0 INT, 0 FR
Clark Haggans first season starting with Joey Porter
  • 2004: Clark Haggans 13/13 6 sacks, 0 INT, 1 FR
  • 2004: Joey Porter 15/15 7 sacks, 0 INT, 1 FR
Clark Haggan's best season -- 2005: 9 sacks, 4 INT, 2 FF, 2 FR (2nd year as a starter, 6th in the NFL)
Career Highlights; Haggans was the "silent" quality OLB of the 2000's -- do we ever mention him, but he was the starting OLB on the rare 15-1 2004 team that was #1 in total defense, won the most games consecutive games in Steelers history and lost to the Patriots who had all their signals in the 2004 AFC Championship but won the 2005 Super Bowl contributing one of the 3 sacks and drawing the holding penalty that Seahawks fans felt their OT should have gotten away with (even claimed he was offsides but Haggans perfectly timed the count) -- without that hold it would have been a sack. Haggans left as quietly as he came in, taking over for a great in Gildon and yielding to a great in Woodley -- but was quality during his short tenure.
Joey Porter final season with Clark Haggans, James Harrison 5th season
  • 2006: Joey Porter 16/15 7.0 sacks, 2 INT, 0 FF 1 TD
  • 2006: Clark Haggans 15/15 6.0 sacks, 1 INT, 1 FR, 2 FF
  • 2006: James Harrison 11/1 0 sacks, 0 INT, 0 FF
James Harrison first year starting with Clark Haggans in final season, Lamar Woodley rookie
  • 2007: James Harrison 16/15 8.5 sacks, 1 INT, 3 FF
  • 2007: Clark Haggans 16/16 4.0 sacks, 0 INT, 0 FR
  • 2007: Lamar Woodley 13/0 4.0 sacks, 0 INT, 0 FR
James Harrison's best season -- 2008: Defensive MVP/First Team All Pro/Pro Bowl 16.0 sacks, 1 INT, 0 FF, 7 FF, 1 SFTY. (2nd season as starter, 7th in NFL)
Career Highlights: 100 yard INT reception return in Super Bowl XLIII, 2 Time First Team All Pro/5 Pro Bowls, 2007 MNF game vs. Ravens 9 tackles 4.5 sacks, 1 INT,1 FF, 1 FR. Harrison's final chapter with the Steelers has yet to be written, he was the best LB on the team last year -- but one should really take that as a testament to how great Harrison is -- even past his prime. He'll not make the Hall of Fame; as an UFA who was a practice squad player and really didn't make the team as reserve till 2004; he lost too many years of production to be considered -- but one has to wonder with the glimpses seen in his one start in 2004 vs. Cleveland (after Porter was ejected in pre-game fight vs. Browns) where he recorded his first sack in first start and with his production of 3 sacks in 2005 as well as the way he easily leaped over Antonio Gates trying to tackle him on an interception -- maybe Haggans should have been the one in reserve all along? Harrison was so dominant from the time he started in 2007 -- Lawrence Timmons was drafted to take over the spot but had no chance the way Harrison owned it with Porter's departure, Harrison was the 2nd best player on the 2000's defense (Troy Polamalu) and was unblockable -- although he was brought back last year only after desperation once he was in football shape he was at times just as dominant -- this year he has a legit chance to own the Steelers sack record -- trailing Gildon 77 to 71.5.
Lamar Woodley's first year starting with James Harrison
  • 2008: Lamar Woodley 15/15 11.5 sacks, 1 INT, 4 FF, 2 FF, 1 TD
  • 2008: James Harrison 15/15 16.0 sacks, 1 INT, 0 FF, 7 FF, 1 SFTY
Lamar Woodley's best season -- 2009: Pro Bowl 13.5 sacks, 0 INT, 1 FR, 1 FF, 1 TD (2nd season as a starter, 3rd in NFL)
Career Highlights/Legacy: setting NFL record with minimum 2 sacks in each of first 4 playoff games, including on the final offensive attempt forcing fumble on Kurt Warner in Super Bowl XLIII; recovering fumbles that led to scores to beat Ravens in prime time games in 2008/2010 (decided division championships). Woodley was shaping up to be the next great Steeler LB, one who would begin and end his career with dominance, but in 2011 his weight began to be a problem and he wasn't training hard enough, as a result he was often injured. The 2011 team had a legit chance if it stayed healthy to reach the Super Bowl, but Woodley's injuries were a part of the early exit. Then he really didn't make an effort to come back in shape -- taking a fat contract the team is still paying. The reality is if Woodley had been working as hard as Timmons has -- we''d not be worrying about the weakness at OLB as he should have been a locker room leader and example setter for the next generation -- like Suggs has been for the Ravens. Woodley fell way short, getting his ring and his money and losing the desire.
James Harrison "final season" with Lamar Woodley, Jason Worilds 3rd season
  • 2012: James Harrison 13/13 6 sacks, 0 INT, 1 FR, 2 FF
  • 2012: Lamar Woodley 13/13 4 sacks, 1 INT, 1 FR, 1 FF
  • 2012: Jason Worilds 16/3 5 sacks, 0 INT, 0 FR, 2 FF
Jason Worilds first season starting with Lamar Woodley final season; Jarvis Jones rookie season (played multiple LB spots)
  • 2013: Jason Worilds 16/16 8 sacks, 0 INT, 0 FR, 0 FF
  • 2013: Lamar Woodley 11/115 sacks, 0 INT, 1 FR, 1 FF
  • 2013: Jarvis Jones 14/8 1 sack
Jason Worilds best season: 2013 8 sacks, 7 of which came from mid season and started to show potential to be great (1st season as starter, 4th in NFL)
Career Highlight/legacy -- shocking early retirement at prime of career; I always thought Worilds to be an enigma, the flashes of talent that would happen but never consistently -- now we know why. At least he didn't "rob" a team by taking a huge contract that put them in cap hell (Woodley) then quitting on them.
Jason Worilds final season with Jarvis Jones first season starting (injured after 3 games), Harrison returning
  • 2014: Jason Worilds 16/16 7.5 sacks, 1 INT, 2 FR, 2 FF
  • 2014: James Harrison 11/4 5.5 sacks, 0 INT, 0 FR, 0 FF
  • 2014: Jarvis Jones 7/3 3 sacks, 0 INT, 0 FR, 1 FF
Jarvis Jones -- TBD.

The "worst of the bunch" was Carlos Emmons -- who's best year with the Steelers was an underwhelming 6 sacks and had a run as a role player at LB for the Eagles. Every other OLB that established themselves on that list had at least one season of 8 sacks; and considering the bashing Jarvis Jones has taken here with the low expectations -- if I were to tell you now he'd have an 8-9 sack regular season, would you be happy with it and take it?