• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Lions new helmet for MNF

Thought it looked ok.

I am a traditionalist..
....especially college football but any sport really..

Just its a no for me.

But I did like the intro...kool

Cool. No more tradition abandonment, please.

200w.gif

The alternate uniforms are growing on me. I’ve always thought, and still do, the Steelers have the best uni’s in the NFL. The only change I’d welcome is going back to the block numbers…BUT…I think having fun with the uniforms once or twice a year adds a little something to the game. I have to admit, that flat shimmer paint being used on some helmets now, like the blue on the Lions, is pretty sharp.

I know I’m alone, but I’d love to see the Steelers color rush uniforms more often. It’s a good uniform.

call me crazy, but i kinda would like to see the Steelers do something similar to what Iowa was rocking this past weekend, when they played Minnesota. Basically an inverse of what we're used to, with gold jersey and black pants, with a gold stripe down the side of the pants

137a7627.jpg

I am a traditionalist..
....especially college football but any sport really..

Just its a no for me.

But I did like the intro...kool

But it's not new, it's a throwback helmet. So it's really the traditional one.
Yeah I know, throw it back anyway. lol

Actually, I was wrong. That helmet does not appear as a throwback anywhere in Detroit's history, so I'm not sure why the "throwback" designation in the headline in the link you posted.

Not even this one.

R.jpg

Last edited:
call me crazy, but i kinda would like to see the Steelers do something similar to what Iowa was rocking this past weekend, when they played Minnesota. Basically an inverse of what we're used to, with gold jersey and black pants, with a gold stripe down the side of the pants

137a7627.jpg

Ok. No problem. lol