• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Lithium battery fire investigation

Remember when Boeing grounded the 787 Dreamliners over a lithium ion battery fire?

Lithium ion batteries are great. More powerful, last longer. Also less stable. It’s a risk and a trade off.

Remember when Boeing grounded the 787 Dreamliners over a lithium ion battery fire?

Lithium ion batteries are great. More powerful, last longer. Also less stable. It’s a risk and a trade off.
Right. My interest in this is that the proponents of EVs don't often seem willing to acknowledge the shortcomings of EVs, and prefer to ignore issues, pushing forward in all ways possible. It's a poor methodology on their part.

Right. My interest in this is that the proponents of EVs don't often seem willing to acknowledge the shortcomings of EVs, and prefer to ignore issues, pushing forward in all ways possible. It's a poor methodology on their part.
Their methodology is all about psychology and has little to do with sensible science or economics.

Agreed---sort of like nuclear energy USED to be.

Mazda has decided not to make a battery car. They will watch how the madness unfolds for other car manufacturers, battery manufacturers, lithium supply, etc.

This look like a sound strategy.

Reminds me of an old jazz number titled "Fools Rush In".

Mazda has decided not to make a battery car. They will watch how the madness unfolds for other car manufacturers, battery manufacturers, lithium supply, etc.

The dumb things I've seen so far are full sized electric trucks,who can't haul **** for long without charging and GM making electric Hummers. They built a multi-billion plant for that **** too. I hope the **** taxpayers don't get stuck bailing out those morons again.

Mazda are not making a battery car???? Then what is this:

Those batteries are like mission impossible to put out when they catch fire. They burn down until cells are spent.

The dumb things I've seen so far are full sized electric trucks,who can't haul **** for long without charging and GM making electric Hummers. They built a multi-billion plant for that **** too. I hope the **** taxpayers don't get stuck bailing out those morons again.
Watch this EV Truck/SUV company ---
Rivian.
Their the equivalent of Tesla when it comes to Trucks/SUV's..
They have a nice business model and might make it longer term ...
Stock price is favorable....I would BUY.