• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

LIVE THREAD:RNC National Convention Day 1 July 18, 2016

News media shaking with fury that anything gets said without their permission

Chris Matthews: GOP ‘Ruined Their Evening’ with Benghazi Victim’s Mother’s Speech

Chris Matthews immediately reacted to the RNC speech delivered by a mother of one of the Benghazi victims by saying the GOP “ruined their evening” with that speech.

Matthews tore into “this gross accusation that somehow Hillary Clinton had anything to do with the death of Chris Stevens” and the three other victims.

http://capitolzero.com/2016/07/19/c...evening-with-benghazi-victims-mothers-speech/
Is he joking? She was huge! Most people have never heard the truth or that story because it was buried by the main stream media. The woman told the truth about what Hilldog did and said and then Hilldog called her the liar. Matthews is a complete moron.

So now Melania copied a paragraph from Michelle Obamas speech..She was the highlight speaker and whoever approved that speech should be fired. The speech is almost word for word. Now instead of talking about issues we will here about a plaugerized speech. It's going to take away from Trump, melania, and credibility for the whole campaign. Just beyond an idiotic move.

There was one similar paragraph. That certainly does not equal plagiarism. And, when you read what that paragraph was, how many other politicians and others have said very similar things. That paragraph was pretty much common language type stuff that anyone and everyone can and will use. The libtard main stream media was looking all night to find something to attack and this was the best they could do. Totally laughable.

The left will be unrelenting in trying to make Melania look like a Bimbo.

Plagiarizing Moochelle's speech?

Did Malania also say "For the first time in my life I'm proud to be an American" ???

There was one similar paragraph. That certainly does not equal plagiarism.

No. Not that it's some big legal problem for the campaign, but a paragraph can most certainly be plagiarized. It's not like it fails to meet some kind of minimum requirement.

has this country gone so far down the tubes that we now care what a woman says?

The left will be unrelenting in trying to make Melania look like a Bimbo.

LOL. Dude, a model who marries a bizarre looking billionaire old enough to be her father hardly needs help looking like a bimbo.

LOL. Dude, a model who marries a bizarre looking billionaire old enough to be her father hardly needs help looking like a bimbo.

How does that make her a bimbo?

I cannot sit through 4 days of political speeches. Fill me in on the highlights....or low lights.

I recommend watching this video from 17:00 to 57:15. It has Marcus Luttrell, Pat Smith, and Tiegen & Geist right in a row.

Best speeches of the night, IMO. You won't regret it. Before and after the time mentioned above were politicians speaking so don't waste your time. But the time frame I gave you is must-see TV. (It was hard to watch Pat Smith without crying)

http://www.c-span.org/video/?412399-101/republican-national-convention-day-1-evening-session

I recommend watching this video from 17:00 to 57:15. It has Marcus Luttrell, Pat Smith, and Tiegen & Geist right in a row.

Best speeches of the night, IMO. You won't regret it. Before and after the time mentioned above were politicians speaking so don't waste your time. But the time frame I gave you is must-see TV. (It was hard to watch Pat Smith without crying)

http://www.c-span.org/video/?412399-101/republican-national-convention-day-1-evening-session

I gave it a shot. I made it from 17:00 until 17:02 when I saw a dude from Duck Dynasty was the keynote speaker. Lol, sorry man, I just can't do it.

I did see a link to Guliani's speech last night and watched it. I thought it was very good. I can do without the political stumping for candidates at these things (which I know is the whole point) but I like it when they talk about the issues. And he hit on a bunch of important ones.

Last edited:
I gave it a shot. I made it from 17:00 until 17:02 when I saw a dude from Duck Dynasty was the keynote speaker. Lol, sorry man, I just can't do it.

I did see a link to Guliani's speech last night and watched it. I thought it was very good. I can do without the political stumping for candidates at these things (which I know is the whole point) but I like it when they talk about the issues. And he hit on a bunch of important ones.

Well, obviously I got the time stamp wrong. Sorry about that. I'll try to get it right and re-post.

So I heard Melania Trump had a similar speech to Michelle Obama's.

I'm guessing Melania left out the part that " For the first time in my adult life I'm proud of my country " and didn't call America " Mean " either as Michelle did.

As a fan of Moose and Hilldog the Felon, this is the best you can do? As if your standards are somehow not already in the cesspool? Like Chris Matthews, STFU dude LOL

Please explain to me how Moose didn't marry into her success? Please explain to me her merits, outside being married to the Kenyan? At least Melania is good looking. Moose doesn't even have that going on.

You Lefties are downright rich :)

well, the left did get pissy about Obama stealing from Bush. right? raise your hand if you remember that.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/01/bush-speechwriter-obama-plagiarized-bush-182184

Bush speechwriter: Obama plagiarized Bush

By Hadas Gold

01/29/14 12:23 AM EST

President George W. Bush's former speech writer said that President Barack Obama plagiarized his former boss in Tuesday's State of the Union address.

Speaking to Fox News's Megyn Kelly, Marc Thiessen, the lead writer on Bush's 2007 State of the Union address, said he found Obama's speech Tuesday night "eerily familiar."

"Barack Obama has gone from blaming George W. Bush to plagiarizing George W. Bush," Thiessen said.

Thiessen then read phrases from the 2007 speech which focused on the theme "hope and opportunity."

"It was eerily familiar. There were lines like 'Our job is to help Americans build a future of hope and opportunity, a future of hope and opportunity begins with a growing economy, a future of hope and opportunity requires that all citizens have affordable and available healthcare, extending opportunity and hope depends on a stable supply of energy,' all of that came from the 2007 State of the Union from George W. Bush," Thiessen said.

A quick text compare shows that no lines were directly lifted from Bush's 2007 speech in the one Obama gave on Tuesday. There are some minor similarities between the two: Obama use a version of the word "opportunity" more than ten times in his speech, Bush used the word at least eight times. Both speeches also ended with a moving story about a wounded veteran.

In an email, Thiessen said Obama pivoted from the liberal theme of income inequality to a conservative theme of opportunity.

"Of course, [Obama] has a very different understanding of opportunity. He believes the path to opportunity is through more government; conservatives believe the path to opportunity is more enterprise," Thiessen wrote.

Asked if he was actually accusing the president of plagiarism, Thiessen replied, "Seriously? Get some sleep" and linked to a column he wrote in the Washington Post from September, where he said Obama lifted much of a speech about Syria from Bush.

State of the Union speeches often follow similar themes. As our colleague Reid Epstein wrote ahead of Tuesday's speech, "[Obama's] State of the Union remarks, like those of his presidential predecessors over the past two decades or so, have all followed roughly the same template."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/media...r-obama-plagiarized-bush-182184#ixzz4ErdObZpv
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

I heard, just as I was leaving the house, that Lady Trump stole Michelle Obama's speech from 2008. Not that it matters, but, there's some humor in that somewhere...

As a fan of Moose and Hilldog the Felon, this is the best you can do? As if your standards are somehow not already in the cesspool? Like Chris Matthews, STFU dude LOL

Please explain to me how Moose didn't marry into her success? Please explain to me her merits, outside being married to the Kenyan? At least Melania is good looking. Moose doesn't even have that going on.

You Lefties are downright rich :)

You know so many things that just aren't true. When did I say I was a fan of either of those women?

As to your question: Moose is NOT attractive and Obama wasn't an old rich guy when she married him. Go look up the definition of bimbo and get back to me on how Melania doesn't fit it. I'm beginning to think she is stupid enough to think she could plagiarize and get away with it.

Oh come on you cant spin this one...

BWAhahahahah and you fall for the hysterical media's spin on everything - WHO THE **** CARES? but Trump haters?

Go vote for Hillary

CnuUdGWUMAEQnO4.jpg

I dont care that she took from that speech, but the problem for me is they worked on it for 1.5 months and that was the best they could do? They could have rephrased that 100 different ways and no one would have batted an eye. Now it looks like either Melania stole from moose or she just read what her writers gave her. It is inexcusable mistake for a competent team to make.

I agree. Just dumb. If the language is as written it is not just "similar". Silly.

None of this should matter. Biden got caught plagiarizing and not only was he able to continue as a Senator he even became VP.

Melania is someone who will never hold a public office. What's the big deal?

I agree. Just dumb. If the language is as written it is not just "similar". Silly.

My guess is that there were multiple versions of the speech and they lost track of what needed edited and some of it got cut and pasted into the final speech.

None of this should matter. Biden got caught plagiarizing and not only was he able to continue as a Senator he even became VP.

Melania is someone who will never hold a public office. What's the big deal?

It's not other than the embarrassment to the campaign and the appearance that it doesn't have its **** together.

Do people actually watch these conventions?

You know so many things that just aren't true. When did I say I was a fan of either of those women?

As to your question: Moose is NOT attractive and Obama wasn't an old rich guy when she married him. Go look up the definition of bimbo and get back to me on how Melania doesn't fit it. I'm beginning to think she is stupid enough to think she could plagiarize and get away with it.

You have to be stupid if you think she wrote one word of that speech. Whoever did should be fired. But it happens all the time. Speeches are nothing now, nobody is original.