• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

LIVE UP TO THE MINUTE DRAFT THREAD

Anyone think the Steelers find a way to go with Jones and Moore at the tackle positions? Jones is very young with limited experienced, so I'm not sure if he's an instant starter.

For as premium as WR have been lately, cant believe no one has taken any yet

Granted Jones has bust potential, but giving up a 4th four an OT with maybe the highest upside in the draft was worth it. Completely agree with your assessment.
I actually think Jones doesn't have bust potential at all. He is so big already, so athletic and he can ALWAYS be a very good RT. I just don't get the impression he is going to eat his way out of the league or just mail it in during his rookie deal. The guy doesn't play like that at all.

My guy instinct without watching all the tape is that the CB's in this draft suck. If Witherspoon was the #1 guy off the board and I watch his tape and it was not good in my opinion, then this draft is not good at CB.
Well Emmanuel Forbes, who weighs as much as a high school kid, just went ahead of Gonzalez.

What are we doing with Dan Moore?
He will probably start the year at LT… then he will be the swing tackle… in a best case scenario, we pick up a late round or Promising Udfa tackle and he ends up trade fodder at tge deadline or is better at RT and takes over for Chuks next season..

Having an extra low end cheap starter at LT is a great issue to have..,

Christian Gonzalez was considered by many a top-10 pick. He's falling, why?
Told you I wasn't overly sold on him. I see a good CB not convinced he will be a shut down corner. Too many corners in this class for me that had decent film to have to take one at 17.