• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

LIVE UP TO THE MINUTE DRAFT THREAD

So what do they get for the right to draft Levis. I don't take less than a three. Otherwise I just take Porter Jr. And be happy.

IF we keep this pick…..Michael Mayer……?
He’s a true TE so he can block as well as catch.
It’s not a need, but boy would it be tempting.
Like to see DL.
I’m scared about Peezy Jr.

I think the Steelers should stay put at pick 32 & draft a Defensive starter....this team has lost alot on Defense....they could use a kid like Brian Branch at Safety to help fill the void of Terrell Edmunds leaving for Philly. I'm still mind boggled....they let Edmunds walk for practically nothing! With all the other losses on the Defensive side of the team they should have make a better effort to keep him. He's getting like $3 Mil from Philthy. Joey Jr is also an option......I know some people are saying trade back and still get him.....not sure that happens.....maybe they trade down 3 or 4 picks if they could pull it off and maybe grab a late 4th or early 5th if some team wants Levis but I don't know if that's worth the risk in losing Branch or Porter or perhaps both. Both good kids, very athletic and great potential players who could be impact players in their rookie season. We will know for sure tomorrow.

So the overwhelming rumor is is taking JPJr in the first… now he is there in the second
If they aren’t sold on him as a top cb talent… then they can play it off as they want him, and teams will believe them so they can offer the pick to some qb needy teams and then play their offers off of each other … see if you can trade down just a bit and still get a second and third back or like a 2nd, 4th 5th and 6th …

Now if you are sold on JPJr or branch as real gamechangers and not just meh starters, you draft one… but if it is just a guy who is potentially a starter then trade down and load up on prospects…

I think the Steelers should stay put at pick 32 & draft a Defensive starter....this team has lost alot on Defense....they could use a kid like Brian Branch at Safety to help fill the void of Terrell Edmunds leaving for Philly. I'm still mind boggled....they let Edmunds walk for practically nothing! With all the other losses on the Defensive side of the team they should have make a better effort to keep him. He's getting like $3 Mil from Philthy. Joey Jr is also an option......I know some people are saying trade back and still get him.....not sure that happens.....maybe they trade down 3 or 4 picks if they could pull it off and maybe grab a late 4th or early 5th if some team wants Levis but I don't know if that's worth the risk in losing Branch or Porter or perhaps both. Both good kids, very athletic and great potential players who could be impact players in their rookie season. We will know for sure tomorrow.
There will be three maybe four teams within six spots of the Steelers that will be calling. If they get a third and you can add up players you would take at that point you absolutely make that deal.

How much do the steelers like Porter or Branch over the DBs that can be had later? CB is very deep in this draft. They can get a guy later. BUt if they have a separation of Porter and Branch then i think you stay put and take one of them.

Do you want an outside CB or do you want a slot/safety?

This could be the best shot at getting a pass rusher. They are very thin.

Do you take a Center and finish the OL rebuild?

You can take a blocking TE Mayer or Washington to help the run game and create mismatches with 2 TE sets.

Porter
Branch
Michael Mayer
Darnell Washington
Josh Downs
John Michael Schmitz
BJ Ujulari
Ade Adebawore

Steelers phone will probably be ringing all day

The more I think about this, for whatever that's worth, I would stay at 32 and take Branch. The nearest QB team in need is probably the Raiders and they would fall back 6 spots in the trade. Trading 49, if they choose to may make more sense.
I would not stay still and pick Joey Jr. with 32.

I think Branch and JP Jr are around equal value so you have to go with the bigger need which is CB.

I think Branch and JP Jr are around equal value so you have to go with the bigger need which is CB.
Safety is thinner and falls off more after Branch, who is also more versatile. Turner, Brents, Phillips, and Stevenson could be picked up at 49 and possibly later with a trade and additional picks. A good situation to be in.

How about trading back 10 picks or so and pick up a 4th and a 5th? Looking at the chart... that's about right. Or if a team is really willing to pay... maybe a late 3rd and a 5th?

Khan is clearly approaching things differently! I LIKE it!

How about trading back 10 picks or so and pick up a 4th and a 5th? Looking at the chart... that's about right. Or if a team is really willing to pay... maybe a late 3rd and a 5th?

Khan is clearly approaching things differently! I LIKE it!
Don’t follow the trade chart , its just a general guide… like our first round trade… it was way less than what the chart value said it should have been… but the circumstances were right to go up and not pay through the nose…

For instance according to all three of the draft charts I know about ( there are several different versions and none are aligned at all) the texans cardinals trade either was an overpay of a mid or high round first… because the demand was high

Then the Cards turned around and overpaid by a third rounder to move up again…
We underpaid because the pats were trading down 3 spots with like 4 top cbs available, and there werent teams looking to jump up there, which is why they were willing to let us jump their division rivals for less than typical value

Did anyone else think that the Chargers draft pick looked pissed? Haha

Let's hope that Khan and Co are clear on who they want, but willing to hear trade offers.

If they keep it, I am leaning toward Branch.

Not sure there is great demand to jump up to 32 for Levis. Maybe a TE for Lions or Rams, get that 4th back.

But I think the Steelers stand and take Branch or L'il Peazy.

I don't see many QB needy teams behind the Steelers. If a team did want to move up. I could see them trading with someone else. Why go from like 40 to 32 if they could go from 40 to 36 and pay less and still get the same guy. I think they should just stand still get the best guys available. If they can get 3 great players it would be a big success.

so we do not have a 4th 5th or 6th round pick. 100% plan on trading the 32nd pick

Hope NOT, if the right player is there, you take him. If not, then possibly trade back But also remember the further back the higher the crap shoot.

Salute the naion

What are we doing with Dan Moore?

More than likely will battle Chuke’s for TRT spot. Moore had beaten him out his rookie season at both tackle positions.

Salute the nation

God, agree with the request of no more video of cheering and hand-shaking in the draft rooms.

If I get to see the coaches yelling and trying to punch each other, great - let's see it. More handshakes? @#$% that.

Knock OUTs only !!!

Salute the nation

I feel like if they nail the two picks in the second, they could draft all punters the rest of the way and still have had a good draft lol

Gotta put a long snapper (named correctly) to keep the “Herbig Kunitz” conversations going……………

Salute the nation

Too many players we need left for us to trade out of 32. JPJ is a first-round grade at our biggest area of need. Easy choice.

Thought..
Do we exchange or trade away our 5th round pick to move up in 2nd round to get BOTH Joey Porter Jr AND Brian Branch ?