• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling making racist remarks

Vincent

@#$% the 'narrative'
Reaction score
And then hussein goes all in again. Just stfu already.....this **** is beneath your office. We get it...you're "black.

sodom hussein ain't no black man. You can tell by the state of Black America. No real black man would leave "his" people in that condition. Nope, sodom hussein is the willing tool of the racist democrats.

Let me ax this question. Is it racist to call Senator Scott of South Carolina a ventriloquist's dummy, or Lynn Swann a Republican lawn jockey, and should people that say such things be banned from NBA games for life?

And who is the NBA to take a man's property no matter how offensive his speech? Words. Nobody died. Nobody even got hurt. Just a bunch of wee-wee'd up self righteous posers. This country has gone off the cliff.

Oh, and one more thing. sodom hussein is beneath his office.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
just kidding...Bomma won't call out Jay-Z.
especially not for something like that.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score

NCSteelerfan

Reaction score
A competent boss wouldn't care what i said if i was a good worker. As a matter of fact, a few years ago, i sent a coworker an email complaining about our boss and the dumb things i was being made to do. She did a Reply All by mistake and it went to our boss. Obviously we met about it and it ended up being a positive.

I just think keeping your mouth shut in your own home is not a lesson anyone should have to learn.

Everyone is on board because he made a racist statement, but what happens when the mob thinks you have to go because you voted for the wrong person. or you don't recycle, or whatever.

What i don't understand is why TMZ and ESPN are able to play these illegal recordings. So, it's illegal for me to secretly record somebody because it's an invasion of privacy, but it's totally fine for a 3rd party to broadcast that? Makes no sense.

Is it an illegal recording? Laws vary state to state on recording. I know in NC only one party needs to know it's being recorded, which would be the party recording. The other party does not have to know and it's perfectly legal.

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score

That's what I was trying to say.

Yes, of course a privately owned business can fire you for being homophobic, anti-Semitic etc. Yes, in America you're allowed to be a moron, you're also allowed to fire someone for being a moron. I liken this once again to the Dixie Chicks situation...yes, she has a right to say whatever she wants without fear of government prosecution. No, she doesn't have a right for everybody else to like it, accept it, and continue to buy her records. Donald Sterling doesn't have some constitutional right to own an NBA franchise. His conduct has to be acceptable to the league and to the other owners. That's what he agreed to.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
the taping of a conversation without consent of the other party is illegal under California statute.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
the taping of a conversation without consent of the other party is illegal under California statute.

In a Pittsburgh suburb recently, a mentally handicapped student recorded being bullied on his cell phone and the principle filed a police complaint against him for illegal wiretapping.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
******* terrorist!

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I recorded my crazy ex throwing an epic apeshit fit and my attorney said that I could not use it in court.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
How would a black owner be treated if the roles were reversed? I say treat him that way.

He would have gotten a slap on the wrist. That is how our society has become. There is no doubt Sterling's comments were terrible and he appears to be racist but there are as many, if not more, black racists in this country. They just don't call themselves racist. Hell, Sharpton made major racist comments against whites all through the 90's and he is looked at as some sort of leader or messiah. It is totally hypocritical. Since Obama and the Dems have taken over the country, racism in this country has gotten worse than I can remember. And, no, I'm not just talking white racism against blacks. The divisiveness they have been preaching has truly hurt this country and taken it back at least 20 or 30 years in race relations. It makes me sick to listen to these ********.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
He would have gotten a slap on the wrist. That is how our society has become. There is no doubt Sterling's comments were terrible and he appears to be racist but there are as many, if not more, black racists in this country. They just don't call themselves racist. Hell, Sharpton made major racist comments against whites all through the 90's and he is looked at as some sort of leader or messiah. It is totally hypocritical. Since Obama and the Dems have taken over the country, racism in this country has gotten worse than I can remember. And, no, I'm not just talking white racism against blacks. The divisiveness they have been preaching has truly hurt this country and taken it back at least 20 or 30 years in race relations. It makes me sick to listen to these ********.
The double standard increases racism. For a lot of blacks it's about getting even but it actually makes things worse.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
BTW, the new commissioner looks like he just escaped from Auschwitz.

Vincent

@#$% the 'narrative'
Reaction score
Canadian Jew Calls Bullshit on the Tokowitz Extravangaza

http://www.galganov.com/editorials.asp?id=1636
Drop The Phony Race Sanctimony
Wednesday, April 30, 2014
By: Howard Galganov

I am extremely troubled by the Donald Sterling (LA Clippers) incident, not because of what he said in private, even though his words were offensive, but because of how this is being handled all the way from the President’s Office (Obama) to the news media.

The moment we accept that PRIVATE conversation and independent thoughts are subject to CENSORSHIP, coupled with PUNISHMENT, we as a society are done.
I WANT DONALD STERLING TO FIGHT:

I don’t care what rules the NBA have in their ownership contracts . . . NONE of those deserve to include punishment for THOUGHT and PRIVATE speech.
NO FREE SOCIETY CAN TOLERATE THOUGHT POLICE:

And if the NBA really believes that it has both the moral and legal authority to BAN anyone from their own building, club room, and business, because they don’t like what that person thinks or says in PRIVATE, then just shut down the whole miserable league.
PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES ARE AMONGST THE MOST REPRESSIBLE PEOPLE:

And . . . if this type of ORWELLIAN punishment is acceptable to apply to Donald Sterling, then the NBA better start applying it to all of its NBA Players as well, since I’m absolutely 100% certain, that there are no shortage of players who hate Whites, treat women with total disrespect, take drugs, and do and say all kinds of things in their private lives that would make most people cringe.

If the people are that offended by Donald Sterling’s Racist remarks, let them not go to his Clipper games. If the advertisers and sponsors don’t want to be associated with Donald Sterling for his PRIVATE thoughts and comments, they can stop buying ads and sponsoring his team. And if the players are so upset with their boss’s comments, they should stop taking his multi-million dollar paychecks.

But . . . for the NBA to ARBITRARILY decide that Sterling can’t attend any NBA games, NOT EVEN HIS OWN TEAM’S in his own building, is so far over the top, that it defies words. Or that he MUST sell his business and pay a 2.5 million dollar fine, because his PRIVATE thoughts have become public . . . puts this league into the Hitler, Stalin, Mao Zedong idealism of FREEDOM.
MORE DISGUSTING THAN THE NBA IS THE MEDIA:

The whole world and the American DREAM are coming apart at the seams, but it seems that the most important issue is Sterling’s PRIVATE conversation.

It doesn’t matter which Media . . . ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, FOX – etcetera, before any of their talking heads deals with the issue, they fall all over their tongues to convince their listeners/viewers that they REALLY . . . I mean REALLY abhor the views of Donald Sterling, as if when they report on this NON-ISSUE, they’ll be sullied just by association through the reportage.
THE MOST IRREVERENT AL SHARPTON:

Al Sharpton is one of North America’s WORST RACE-BAITERS, who also happened to be a “rat” for the FBI, who was a drug dealer, and responsible for the racially motivated murder of innocent people at Freddie's Fashion Mart . . . is none other than Al Sharpton.

Amongst so many Sharpton OUTRAGES . . . Sharpton led the FALSE race accusations that pitted the Black Community against White America in the fabricated Rape of Tawana Brawley, which destroyed the good names and careers of White People, whose only crime was being in the Cross-Hair of Sharpton.

Even though Sharpton is a despicable Black RACIST, who also HATES Jews, he is perceived by Cowardly Kiss-*** Whites as a Civil Rights Warrior.
WHERE WAS THE OUTRAGE AGAINST OBAMA’S PREACHER JEREMIAH WRIGHT?

And just recently, even though Sharpton is the SCUM of humanity, President Barack Obama had no problem taking time away from serous issues of State, to be the KEY NOTE speaker at the RACE-BAITER Sharpton’s National Activist Network Conference on April 11, 2014.

Then again, didn’t Obama sit in the pews of the HORRIBLE Reverend Wright’s Black liberationist Church for twenty years, as Wright spewed HATRED against Whites, Jews, America and Israel?
SCRAP THE DOUBLE STANDARDS:

If destroying Donald Sterling for his thoughts and PRIVATE conversation with the SCRAG who’s been shaking him down, is reason enough for the NBA, Media, and Holier-Than-Thou Liberals . . . to publicly “LYNCH” this man, they better do it Sharpton too.

And while the sanctimonious phonies rush to get their kicks in at the vulnerable Sterling, they could add MILLIONS of Blacks and others to their HIT-LIST, starting with the likes of Jesse Jackson and Louis Farrakhan.

PS – It seems that we are experiencing some email issues when sending out the Email Notification of a new Editorial. Some people are not notified, while some are notified several times. This will be resolved shortly.

Best Regards . . . Howard Galganov

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t care what rules the NBA have in their ownership contracts . . . NONE of those deserve to include punishment for THOUGHT and PRIVATE speech.
NO FREE SOCIETY CAN TOLERATE THOUGHT POLICE:

So, what if the players refuse to play and the fans refuse to buy tickets or merchandise? Do the other owners have no right to protect their investment? Do they have to go down with him? I don't think so.

Vincent

@#$% the 'narrative'
Reaction score
So, what if the players refuse to play and the fans refuse to buy tickets or merchandise? Do the other owners have no right to protect their investment? Do they have to go down with him? I don't think so.

The market will tell you the value of anything.

If players refuse to play, they breech their contracts. Their services become worthless in the market. Other players fill the void. Oh well.

If fans refuse to buy tickets and merchandise, it must not have value. Oh well. You can't sell Santonio Holmes Steeler jerseys in this market either.

Yes, the owners have a right to protect their investments, as does the owner of the Clippers. The owner of the Clippers said things that offended some people... in private. They were things that pale in comparison to what the offended parties say to each other, but that's irrelevant - all of it. But because this society has gone so far off the cliff, we rationalize that his remarks, while in violation of no law, warrant a lifetime ban from league activities, and the loss of his $700M asset. I look forward to the suit he brings against the league. It''l push everything off the front pages for years.

NBA owners would be smart to unload their franchises. I think it'll ripple across professional sports. Oh well.

Southern Steeler

Reaction score
Truthfully, I agree with tapeanaspirin2it on a lot of this. My initial reaction......while acknowledging that Sterling is a real piece of work and probably deserves his due in this....is that this is a classic "1984" with the thought police.

The direction we are headed as a country in THIS regard is WAAAAYY more frightening to me than an old cantankerous racist owning an NBA team. The long term ramifications of the acceptance of this "punishment" is worse than the crime.

To quote a movie, somewhat....."So this is how liberty dies...to thunderous applause".

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I blame this situation on two things: the standard set by the overblown hype on Trayvon, and all the domestic terrorists who voted for Odumba.

Stewey

Reaction score
I wonder what Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert said in private after Lebron James announced he was taking his talents to Miami..

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
With all due respect, this has nothing to do with liberty dying. He's not being arrested or prosecuted by the government. Basically a business he is a partner in doesn't want him anymore, because he did things that could potentially cost the business customers and employees.That happens every day in all kinds of industries for all kinds of reasons.

He's not losing his asset either, he'll sell it for millions of dollars.

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
With all due respect, this has nothing to do with liberty dying. He's not being arrested or prosecuted by the government. Basically a business he is a partner in doesn't want him anymore, because he did things that could potentially cost the business customers and employees.That happens every day in all kinds of industries for all kinds of reasons.

He's not losing his asset either, he'll sell it for millions of dollars.

So if you say your boss is an ******* inside your own home and someone tapes it without your knowledge and consent. You'd be ok with getting fired?

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
So if you say your boss is an ******* inside your own home and someone tapes it without your knowledge and consent. You'd be ok with getting fired?

No, I'd be pissed, at who I should be pissed at. The person who taped me. And I'd sue the daylights out of him/her if need be. But my boss isn't going to say "Ok, I know she hates me and thinks I'm an ******* but I'll just pretend I didn't hear that, since it was a private conversation."

Southern Steeler

Reaction score
With all due respect, this has nothing to do with liberty dying.

This particular situation....yes, you are correct. However, these things tend to evolve over time, one small step by another small step. I would consider this entire episode a "step" in that direction. Every time the bar moves the wrong way it is impossible to get it back