• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Martavis tweets "I don't smoke anymore"........

TWEEK1106

Reaction score
I love this guy on the field. 2 questions though......

#1. Do you believe him?

#2. What are the chances he gets a second contract with the Steelers even if he comes back as the second coming of Andy Griffith character wise?

Worry about him next year, he's off the radar, nothing he says is gonna help us now.

Is Bell gonna quit? That's what we need to know first!

Hope he's getting the help he needed and is ready to roll in 17

Martavis tweets "I don't smoke anymore"........

Edibles are the future.

No, don't trust him. He has to earn the trust back as he was given multiple chances already.

If he does get a 2nd contract, it needs to be performance based with contingencies for getting out of the contract if he uses drugs again.

No, don't trust him. He has to earn the trust back as he was given multiple chances already.

If he does get a 2nd contract, it needs to be performance based with contingencies for getting out of the contract if he uses drugs again.

You can get out of any contract by just cutting the player. If Steelers hand him a large signing bonus then foolish on them.

I was gonna play this year, but I got high
I was gonna line up as number 2, but I got high
Now I'm out this year, and I know why...
Cause I got high, cause I got high, cause I got high.

I was gonna contract big, but I got high
I was gonna grab a couple of mill, but I got high
Now I'm at contract minimum, and I know why./
Cause I got high, cause I got high, cause I got high.

Out of the lime light for a year and he has to tweet what he should be doing without the social talk. I'll believe it next Sept.

I agree with Spike's post. Martavis is not an affect this season

Isn't he under his rookie contract still and this just pushes it back an entire season? That's why Josh Gordon is still a Brown.

performance based

In a nutshell. Pittsburgh still owns the rights. They can sign him to a performance based contract and tie his signing bonus to behavioral milestones. (IE, he gets busted he loses part of his bonus.)

They give him a short term contract, if he works out and performs well he can earn his way back to a decent contractual opportunity. Otherwise, get some use out of him for a season and then let him test the waters elsewhere. That's good for everyone.

OP left out how irrelevant we are.

Who Cares what Martaveous has to say????? His jaw jacking hasn't shown us anything but a year of absenteeism. Do I want him to play for us again?? Hell yes but one **** up and no strings attached C-U-T right on the spot.

Salute the nation

This year doesn't count towards Bryant's contract. So he's still under contract for two more seasons.

Although, he may have been stoned when he tweeted that.

So he vapes and eats his weed then, smoking is kinda old school anyway. Thanks for the heads up that you have switched your THC delivery system Martavis.

I love this guy on the field. 2 questions though......

#1. Do you believe him?

#2. What are the chances he gets a second contract with the Steelers even if he comes back as the second coming of Andy Griffith character wise?

There is a rule that says if two or more players are suspended with drugs a franchise is fined by the nfl. If a third player gets suspended for drugs the fine is even greater.

Actions speak louder than words.

So he vapes and eats his weed then, smoking is kinda old school anyway. Thanks for the heads up that you have switched your THC delivery system Martavis.
lol

well yinz can make it into candy... and brownies................but smokey top better realize that will show too....

I just hope he doesn't leave his marijuana needles laying around after he sells heroin to pregnant moms

Who cares about this guy ? Can't count on him anymore no matter what he says.