• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Memorial Day

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Good a place as any...

We, as a Nation, must always

remember our fallen Soldiers,

Sailors, Marines and Airmen.

They made the ultimate sacrifice

so that we may enjoy freedom

and a way of life like no other

country on earth. Their sacrifices

must never be forgotten lest freedom

perishes.

Imma guess most folks be out in the sun amoung friends and fam. But how duh **** this have no action.
Here here, well said. To much bs going on today ******** on the folks that serve, I for one am grateful, thankful, and proud for all that serve us.

Hear, hear.

This one's a particularly solemn day.

We had a great party on the beach with hundreds of people of all races and colors. Beautiful. We sang the National Anthem (twice) and asked for a moment of silence for the Heroes that gave All. For a full minute the only thing I heard was the ocean breeze....then cheers and I gave an Amen.

Couldn't have asked for a better Memorial Day. God Bless the Soldiers. God Bless America.

Remember the fallen today. Especially in these days where it seems everything is taken for granted

I started typing something last night, but I was ******* hammered on scotch coping with loss and thought better of it. hung over this morning. Alcohol doesn't numb the heart. Rest in peace Mikey.

I'm a day late...

But my great uncle gave his life in WWII. His brother, my grandfather, served in WWII. As a result of his service, he sustained injuries during/after the war that led to morphine then drug addiction. He later took his life (he had 5 daughters). I never met him.

I had ancestors that fought in the Civil War.

God Bless those who have given their lives, served or sacrificed for to keep this the greatest nation on the planet.

Exactly 77 years ago today in 1944, over 150,000 Allied troops stormed the beaches of Normandy that set the stage for a series of offensive campaigns that ultimately lead to victory and an end to World War II.

Let's never forget the fallen. Can't even possibly imagine what kind of hell on earth that must've been. Omaha, Utah, Gold, Sword and Juno beaches. Thank you to Old Glory, Union Jack & the Maple Leaf. Wave them high in honor of their ultimate sacrifice.