• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

MNF

The booth announcers were questioning why it wasn’t. They asked how much more you have to do to be perfect. He had a great game,and they weren’t little dump off passes.
2 too many passes.. he would have needed a third td or to be 16/16 with two...

Td/attempts is part of it... and I guess tge magic number the math wizards back in the day came up with was 1 pass td per 8 attempts... I think it was all geared around typical drives starting on the 20 and typical passes being 10 yards when it was concocted...

I don’t know about hate. The Pickett homers hated Trubisky. I think most Steelers fans just saw Rudolph as nothing more than a career journeyman.
I could write a book on here with quotes from some people. Calling him childish names like “Rudolph the red nosed 3rd string QB” or little songs they made up. Now of course I’m sure they’ll say they didn’t hate him. And they probably believe that. But it was very real and a combination of sad and pathetic. Like I said Rudolph was nothing but professional and a team first guy here. He tried to help that bust Pickett as much as he could.

I saw a headline that said Rudolph leads titans to victory then I saw he was 9/17 for 85 yrds. Barely 50% completion and less than 100yrds doesn't seem very good. I did not watch the game and have nothing against rudoplh, but that seemed like a big stretch.
You would have to watch the game. He checked out of passes when Dolphins had 2 high safeties and had 3 drops. And by the 4th quarter I think he passed one more time. It wasn’t that he was slinging the ball that made the offense look good it was the fact he had command of the offense and put up 31. The most points the Titans have scored in nearly 3 years.

No fans had anything against Rudolph. He had a nice stretch and helped the team to the playoffs. He just wasn’t what some were trying to push. A starter. He is a backup and that is ok. He will always have trouble in the red zone throwing into tight windows. He didn’t save anyone’s job, he helped a team to the playoffs. A career backup who is a good guy who had a good moment.

Anyone who paints it more than that is throwing out big stretches.

Seems to be a delusion with a few that if you paint an accurate picture it is dissing a player. It isn't, it is just telling it like it is. I am sure most would have no problem having a beer with the guy. I still have his autographs. I don’t discriminate in keeping backups compared to starters memorabilia . Plenty of backup had good moments for our team. Kudos to them.

Still they are what they are and it is ok to not sugarcoat their status. His play with them on the night? No TDs and his RB outgained him in yardage. Which yeah wasn’t over 100 yards on the night. That isn’t a starter performance. That doesn’t diminish what he did for the Steelers but it does paint a picture.

EXCELLENT post slash, stand up explanation not just for Rudolf, but many other Steelers players as well.

Thank You SIR and for the many more along the way.

The general consensus on Mason Rudolf was he was a back up. That is not a diss. The circumstances of the team and personal dictated that he would have to start. He did average at best earlier in his career, but his last three games here, he was very good. The OC was released and the two temporary OCs opened up the play calling. Biggest news of the time was that Coach Tomlin, in his desperate attempt to make the playoffs, allowed that type of play calling. Mason Turned average once Tomlin closed the play calling back up to normal (Buffalo game).

Mason is no longer here, so who gives a shittle about it. Bringing up his current play to justify past history is inane as he isn’t even implementing our offense, Kapish ???

Salute the nation

Is there someone here campaigning for the return of HoF Mason Rudolph. Can I borrow your brain to fertilize my tomatoes

Mason wouldn’t do worth a dang here, to stiff legged and I’d take Mr. Fields and his current play.

BRAIN fertilizer for tomatoes……………… thanks for the chuckle !!!!

Salute the nation

EXCELLENT post slash, stand up explanation not just for Rudolf, but many other Steelers players as well.

Thank You SIR and for the many more along the way.

The general consensus on Mason Rudolf was he was a back up. That is not a diss. The circumstances of the team and personal dictated that he would have to start. He did average at best earlier in his career, but his last three games here, he was very good. The OC was released and the two temporary OCs opened up the play calling. Biggest news of the time was that Coach Tomlin, in his desperate attempt to make the playoffs, allowed that type of play calling. Mason Turned average once Tomlin closed the play calling back up to normal (Buffalo game).

Mason is no longer here, so who gives a shittle about it. Bringing up his current play to justify past history is inane as he isn’t even implementing our offense, Kapish ???

Salute the nation
ALL I can say is Mason Rudolf will NOT surpass Kenny Pickett on the depth chart. Mitch will either be gone or Mason will be gone at the conclusion of this season. One may get a trade offer but unless circumstances call for it………

Rudy will be out of football, but he will have a SB ring to show for his time here………….

Salute the nation

Levis injured and Rudolph is in. I know that half the people here hate him but he was nothing but professional in his time here. My only gripe is he might have saved Tomlin’s job the end of last season.
That may be true. And what a shame that would be. Rudolph must have skipped the Tomlin worshipping.

Levis injured and Rudolph is in. I know that half the people here hate him but he was nothing but professional in his time here. My only gripe is he might have saved Tomlin’s job the end of last season.

HATE, pretty strong thought. I think what you are calling hate is better described as people who didn’t agree with your constant knob slobbering of the famous Mason Rudolf.

Simply put, he isn’t here and most everybody could give a **** about him. ALSO most don’t wish bad on him or “hate” him as you think.

Most here more likely than not, want good for him (I do), but aren’t going to live in the past and rehash the over hashed.!!!

Salute the nation

I don’t know about hate. The Pickett homers hated Trubisky. I think most Steelers fans just saw Rudolph as nothing more than a career journeyman.
Yea, I'd agree with your assessment here. And Mason showed some real professionalism down the stretch.

I could write a book on here with quotes from some people. Calling him childish names like “Rudolph the red nosed 3rd string QB” or little songs they made up. Now of course I’m sure they’ll say they didn’t hate him. And they probably believe that. But it was very real and a combination of sad and pathetic. Like I said Rudolph was nothing but professional and a team first guy here. He tried to help that bust Pickett as much as he could.
Here you go again,who would have thunk it? Funny how you used the Rudolph the red nosed reindeer description yourself,and you call other people out for it? Hypocrite much? I can’t remember in your page after page after page postings of Mason back then of anyone at all saying that “Mason wasn’t a professional and team first guy”. No one. What many disagreed with was his football play.

What irked many posters was just simply you. Belittling anyone that didn’t agree with you. Like throwing in your “ sad and pathetic “ comment here. Your….i told you so attitude. When you write that book of yours make sure you put in all your childish responses to people having the gall to disagree with you. We can all use a little comic relief.

Last edited:
Here you go again,who would have thunk it? Funny how you used the Rudolph the red nosed reindeer description yourself,and you call other people out for it? Hypocrite much? I can’t remember in your page after page after page postings of Mason back then of anyone at all saying that “Mason wasn’t a professional and team first guy”. No one. What many disagreed with was his football play.

What many irked many posters was just simply you. Belittling anyone that didn’t agree with you. Like throwing in your “ sad and pathetic “ comment here. Your….i told you so attitude. When you write that book of yours make sure you put in all your childish responses to people having the gall to disagree with you. We can all use a little comic relief.
Just ignore the wackjob his weirdo opinions mean nothing.

You would have to watch the game. He checked out of passes when Dolphins had 2 high safeties and had 3 drops. And by the 4th quarter I think he passed one more time. It wasn’t that he was slinging the ball that made the offense look good it was the fact he had command of the offense and put up 31. The most points the Titans have scored in nearly 3 years.
9-17. 85 yards. No TD’s.
Funny. And not that I’m protecting Pickett here at all. But he did win games for us. And those stats the Mason had last night were very Kenny like if not worse. You would have and did lambast Kenny for those type of stats. Even if they won.

And you say “ you would have had to watch the game”. Did you? Peter Skoronski and their OLine had the great game with their running game. Yes Mason was part of the offense and did barely ok. But to infer he was the reason they put up 31…..the most in 3 years is ludicrous. It was the running game. Let’s give credit where it’s due.

This doesn’t mean I don’t wish Mason success. I do. But let’s call a spade a spade.

HATE, pretty strong thought. I think what you are calling hate is better described as people who didn’t agree with your constant knob slobbering of the famous Mason Rudolf.

Simply put, he isn’t here and most everybody could give a **** about him. ALSO most don’t wish bad on him or “hate” him as you think.

Most here more likely than not, want good for him (I do), but aren’t going to live in the past and rehash the over hashed.!!!

Salute the nation
Then all the other teams, never showed any interest in him, they never let poor Rudy join in any of their games…..

Salute the nation
You forgot a very important verse…..

Then one non-foggy fordfairlane night, Tomlin came to say, Rudy with your play so bright, you won’t get to play in the game tonight.

All of the other players laughed and shouted out with glee……………..

NOW insert you finish here ___________(insert post #20_______________

Salute the nation
Want to keep going?

Now why don’t you find my knob slobbering posts. Would love to see them. I’ve been very consistent in my evaluation of Rudolph. I said he wasn’t given a fair shot, that he wasn’t Ben Roethlisberger but had the unfortunate circumstance of having to replace him his second season and fans had set the bar too high expecting a hall of fame QB. That he was a smart player. And I said he was way better than Pickett. All I still stand by.

Here you go again,who would have thunk it? Funny how you used the Rudolph the red nosed reindeer description yourself,and you call other people out for it? Hypocrite much?
What are you talking about? If i used that phrase it would have been sarcastically to make fun of the haters.
I can’t remember in your page after page after page postings of Mason back then of anyone at all saying that “Mason wasn’t a professional and team first guy”. No one. What many disagreed with was his football play.
Did they give him that credit though? Nope, not the haters.
What irked many posters was just simply you. Belittling anyone that didn’t agree with you. Like throwing in your “ sad and pathetic “ comment here. Your….i told you so attitude. When you write that book of yours make sure you put in all your childish responses to people having the gall to disagree with you. We can all use a little comic relief.
I didn’t belittle. I stated facts and that hurt the feelings of the opinion based non factual posters. And if I had a childish response I would love to see it PLUS what I was replying to.

😭

Bacon in the morning bacon in the evening
Don’t we got fun. Delusion is strong in one particular one.

😀

What are you talking about? If i used that phrase it would have been sarcastically to make fun of the haters.

I didn’t belittle. I stated facts and that hurt the feelings of the opinion based non factual posters. And if I had a childish response I would love to see it PLUS what I was replying to.
Meanwhile, Mason Rudolph lighting it up in Titans camp. If Levis stumbles out of the gates you could see a midseason move to the red nosed reindeer to once again save the season. Weird...

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Aug 7th 2024. By non other than Ford Fairlane. I know you like facts.

Last edited:
Want to keep going?

Now why don’t you find my knob slobbering posts. Would love to see them. I’ve been very consistent in my evaluation of Rudolph. I said he wasn’t given a fair shot, that he wasn’t Ben Roethlisberger but had the unfortunate circumstance of having to replace him his second season and fans had set the bar too high expecting a hall of fame QB. That he was a smart player. And I said he was way better than Pickett. All I still stand by.

WHO gives a ****……???

Salute the nation

I probably missed it this offseason, but what is the point of having two games on Monday nights? I'd rather have another option watch on RedZone Sunday afternoons.
Haven't even noticed honestly. Is one on the east coast and the other the west coast? Would love to see an east coast mnf start a bit earlier than the current starting time.

Meanwhile, Mason Rudolph lighting it up in Titans camp. If Levis stumbles out of the gates you could see a midseason move to the red nosed reindeer to once again save the season. Weird...

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Aug 7th 2024. By non other than Ford Fairlane. I know you like facts.
Yes, that was pretty thick sarcasm there little buddy. 😂

He aint lyin.
Truth.

Thread reminds me of this here poem wanna hear it here it go:

Bacon and delusion
Oh we have fun
Sometimes they
Last a little longer
Until they are done
One man’s truth
Is another man’s lie
Regardless Rudy
Is still only a backup
Even if you dress up
The bacon and put
It on Rye

😀

Last edited:
“little buddy” lol. Like I said. It’s you. With your little belittling comments. You’re a very unlikeable person.
Guy went away for awhile came back and searched for one of my posts to “try” to boast about his crappy opinion. That is the type of person he is.

Plenty of posts he flamed Tomlin, Rooney (I believed he called him a piece of **** 💩 if I remember correctly), posters. Tool thinks he knows football more than anyone. You will never catch him in a thread where empathy is involved.

Then he wants to act innocent. Didn’t do nuttin!

Like I said with these types it is best if you try to ignore his spastic posts. It is a shame he didn’t live up to his going away comments.

Hey I know let’s post a mock draft for next year on game day , look at me!

😀

Last edited: