• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Najee states it again: team needs more discipline

2nd and goal at the 4 vs Bills Tomlin would have faith in the Bus to convert 100% of the time. Najee obviously not the case
Bettis ran with power everytime he touched the ball, always got the tough yards. Harris needs a full head of steam before he has any power, definitely not in the same league of power back like the bus.
He also didn't need to face a bottom of the barrel run defense in order to look the part or put up respectable numbers like Harris.
Harris averages 2 100yd rushing performances per season. it would take him 30 years to get to the 61 mark like the bus.
You cannot legitimately compare Najee Harris game to Jerome Bettis.
The argument was YPC which you keep bringing up .....you criticized Harris for his. Someone just showed you that a HOFer also had the same ypc. If you run Bettis 100 times and then Harris 100 times their averages show that they would end up with the same amount of yards. No?

2nd and goal at the 4 vs Bills Tomlin would have faith in the Bus to convert 100% of the time. Najee obviously not the case
Bettis ran with power everytime he touched the ball, always got the tough yards. Harris needs a full head of steam before he has any power, definitely not in the same league of power back like the bus.
He also didn't need to face a bottom of the barrel run defense in order to look the part or put up respectable numbers like Harris.
Harris averages 2 100yd rushing performances per season. it would take him 30 years to get to the 61 mark like the bus.
And you can not legitimately compare the the offensive lines that Bettis ran behind to the offensive lines Najee has run behind.

Najee has never averaged less than 3.8 ypc in his first three years, Bettis averaged 3.2 and 3.5 in his second and third year and averaged less than 3.8 yards in five of his thirteen years.

Bus ran behind a way superior offensive line.

Diffent ERA as well, Bus was in a run dominant ERA, where as nowadays it’s quick strike offense oriented.

Salute the nation

And you can not legitimately compare the the offensive lines that Bettis ran behind to the offensive lines Najee has run behind.

Najee has never averaged less than 3.8 ypc in his first three years, Bettis averaged 3.2 and 3.5 in his second and third year and averaged less than 3.8 yards in five of his thirteen years.
Love you on this part of the board!

LOve the passion that Harris shows. would love to see him behind a competent Center. Him behind Pouncey in his prime would be elite

I think that is pretty impressive with the OL he has been running behind. With the offense that he is in. Since he has come into the league only 3 players have rushed for more yards than Harris. Considering the horrible offensive scheme we employed that is pretty remarkable. We all get you don't like Harris....but the guy plays hurt and rarely misses a game if ever. Doesn't fumble. Blocks well. Catches decent. What would you be happy with for a yards per carry? Would 4 ypc make you happy? Or would have to be higher such as 4.5? Or 5?
It'd be more impressive if Najee didn't have some of the worst yards above expected among qualifying backs his first two seasons. He was leaving yards on the table per his running, not the offensive line, according to NGS. This year he's been pretty good.

It'd be more impressive if Najee didn't have some of the worst yards above expected among qualifying backs his first two seasons. He was leaving yards on the table per his running, not the offensive line, according to NGS. This year he's been pretty good.
sounds like a Coach statement

Besides discipline the team also needs more than 37 yards from their first round RB in a playoff game.
Or a playcaller who isn't going to run those plays into that front. I don't really know what it is people expect. Plus they fell behind by 21 so how much are you gonna run. At least Najee speaks honest truth.

How many carries Mcaffrey have? Harris have? When you’re the lead back, D’s will treat you accordingly! And I love Warren! But until he’s a lead back, and has 300+ carries, it’s not the same. Ball control is also more of an apparent issue!
How true, I remember the same arguments being used in favour of Jonathan Dwyer and Ike Redman over Rashard Mendenhall that are now being used for Jaylen Warren. How did that work out when Mendnehall was injured early 2012 and Dwyer and Redman carried the load for the rest of the season?

Not to mention much better vision, anticipation, and did have better ability to get to the outside the tackles than Najee IMO..

Also---seen Jerome throw a few nice passes in his day!

How true, I remember the same arguments being used in favour of Jonathan Dwyer and Ike Redman over Rashard Mendenhall that are now being used for Jaylen Warren. How did that work out when Mendnehall was injured early 2012 and Dwyer and Redman carried the load for the rest of the season?
Funny you use an example trashing Dwyer and Redman to try to prove a point. Both those guys were over 4ypc for their career, that wasn't good enough, so tell me how Harris at 3.9 is good enough? I'm guessing Harris was drafted in the first round to put up better numbers than conner? No?

Funny you use an example trashing Dwyer and Redman to try to prove a point. Both those guys were over 4ypc for their career, that wasn't good enough, so tell me how Harris at 3.9 is good enough? I'm guessing Harris was drafted in the first round to put up better numbers than conner? No?
Ill never forget that huge TD Redman made against the Ravens..

21-0. Probs are not going to run much.
2nd and goal from the 4 yard line, Pass?
Tomlin has zero faith in Najee being capable of getting tough yards.

Ill never forget that huge TD Redman made against the Ravens..
Redman was a total beast in short yardage situations. Still remember the power he ran with, slow but man that guy got push on his own, when nothing was there he always got the tough yards.

21-0. Probs are not going to run much.
What does 21-0 have to do with Najee being at or near the bottom of yards over expected in NGS stats during his first and second year in the league?

Diffent ERA as well, Bus was in a run dominant ERA, where as nowadays it’s quick strike offense oriented.

Salute the nation
Exactly, look at Baltimore's defense in the late 90's early 2000's, two 335lbs guys at DT, that doesn't happen anymore. It's a passing league, so the defenses have tried to adjust

OK, I don't know how the topic got twisted into NH's APC, but that wasn't my intent. The point is that Najee has brought up the subject of "team discipline" a few times (as well has Kenny) and you would think that it makes a strong point that there is a real, "pressing need" problem in the area or why does he keep bringing it up? And if a "team discipline" problem isn't the fault of the head coach, then it would be a 1st. Face it: Shades runs a loose ship; it's been brought up before and the team screams of it. Shades is a sloppy head coach and that does NOT cut it at this level, or ANY level quite honestly.