• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nationwide dog and pony **** show.

Serious question here, do all of those guns do the same damage to living tissue when they hit their target?

Most Liberals and many conservatives simply don't understand guns and ammunition. "Scary" scares. The AR15 looks scary. So therefore, it must be.

Have a look at this chart below.

The AR15 basically uses a .223 round. You'll see it on the far left of the chart. It was designed for small game - varmints and predators. Those are usually animals like a fox or a coyote.

I know very few people who will use a .223 round for deer hunting, because unless the shot is accurately placed, often the deer is maimed and will run after being hit only to die later or live a wounded life. I hunted most of my life with a .243 round, slightly larger than the .223. It wasn't quite the power you need to effectively kill deer but I was effective with it. I've recently switched to a 7mm-08, and have hunted with a .270 and a .280.

The AR15 is less deadly than your common hunting rifle.

Now, there's the issue of the bullets themselves which can be designed with hollow point tips, etc that cause the bullet to explode, expand, etc. Those can be made for nearly any bullet.

The fact remains the .223 is only slightly larger than a .22, a very small caliber.

RifleAmmoBuyingGuide_chart.jpg

Most Liberals and many conservatives simply don't understand guns and ammunition. "Scary" scares. The AR15 looks scary. So therefore, it must be.

Have a look at this chart below.

The AR15 basically uses a .223 round. You'll see it on the far left of the chart. It was designed for small game - varmints and predators. Those are usually animals like a fox or a coyote.

I know very few people who will use a .223 round for deer hunting, because unless the shot is accurately placed, often the deer is maimed and will run after being hit only to die later or live a wounded life. I hunted most of my life with a .243 round, slightly larger than the .223. It wasn't quite the power you need to effectively kill deer but I was effective with it. I've recently switched to a 7mm-08, and have hunted with a .270 and a .280.

The AR15 is less deadly than your common hunting rifle.

Now, there's the issue of the bullets themselves which can be designed with hollow point tips, etc that cause the bullet to explode, expand, etc. Those can be made for nearly any bullet.

The fact remains the .223 is only slightly larger than a .22, a very small caliber.

RifleAmmoBuyingGuide_chart.jpg

I don't own a gun Tim, nor do I know much about them.
Learned a lot by just reading the stuff here.

Can you confirm what this libtard said regarding this type of ammo?
Was a libtard correct for a change?

Why-Liberals-Think-We-Need-More-Gun-Control.jpg

Last edited:

LMAO those are torx bits and screw driver bits :boink: :boink: :boink:

Here in Indiana, .223 isn't even a legal deer hunting round. Why? Because it isn't lethal enough.
You could make a serious argument that it is rather weak for killing.

Balistically it's the exact same round. The only difference is the M558 ball used by the military has a sintered iron core. This is so the bullet meets the Geneva and Hague Covention rules on fragmentation of small arms ammunition.

I was addressing .223 vs. .223. 5.58 fired from one wouldnt do any more damage than from the other.

.308 from normal hunting rifle does the same as if fired from an AR10.

In general, .223 = 5.58 and .308 = 7.62 (ie. Tbe dreaded ak round) for size. 5.58 and 7.62 are the NATO designations. Id assume more powerful, but not sure.

If a gun is chambered cor .223 or 5.58, it may or may not sboot the other safely. Same for .308 v 7.62.

In general, .223 = 5.58 and .308 = 7.62 (ie. Tbe dreaded ak round) for size. 5.58 and 7.62 are the NATO designations. Id assume more powerful, but not sure.

If a gun is chambered cor .223 or 5.58, it may or may not sboot the other safely. Same for .308 v 7.62.
A gun chambered in 5.56 can shoot 5.56 or .223 safely, but not the other way around due to the 5.56 having slightly higher pressure.

As far as the the 7.62, the ak uses 7.62x39 round. The .308 is similar to the 7.62x51 which is completely different than the ak 7.62.

Last edited:

I hear that phillips head ammo goes right through body armor.

Just remember, this is NOT political. This was just a rally thrown together by a few kids, totally on their own.

Just a bunch of young people holding a rally to demand that they can't be trusted so rights must be taken away until they are 21.

I used a 30-30 for hunting. I loved that gun. It was short, light, and packed a decent punch. I had to hunt in rough terrain had to go over/under fences, through bushes etc etc. My g-pap used a .308 and that thing was a beast. I took it out a few times and did not enjoy lugging it around.

Is the thing with the screw driver bits real? If so wow@!

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v..._to_use_a_fcking_democracy_so_we_have_to.html

The Outline interviewed David Hogg, a 17-year old survivor of the shooting in Parkland, Florida, who says he is the NRA's "worst nightmare." Hogg's interview was laced with profanity against his detractors, Gov. Rick Scott, the NRA, old people and others.

Hogg said he became an activist because adults don't know how to "use a f*cking democracy":

"When your old-*** parent is like, ‘I don’t know how to send an iMessage,’ and you’re just like, ‘Give me the ******* phone and let me handle it.’ Sadly, that’s what we have to do with our government; our parents don’t know how to use a ******* democracy, so we have to."

An edited down version of this clip was removed by YouTube as harrassment after it was linked by the Drudge Report.

"I’m beyond exhausted," Hogg said. "I get to a certain point where I just get so tired that I keep going. It creates a positive feedback loop in some ways — the more stress and work I put on me, the more stress and work I can deal with."

"It just makes me think what sick ******* out there want to continue to sell more guns, murder more children, and honestly just get reelected," Hogg said. "What type of ****** person does that? They could have blood from children splattered all over their faces and they wouldn’t take action, because they all still see these dollar signs."

"Honestly, it's alright that people are buying more guns. I just care that they are being safe individuals. And they can practice their Second Amendment rights all they want. I don't give a f*ck about that. I just want to make sure that a crazy-*** individual doesn't get an AR-15 or any weapon at all," Hogg said about guns.

To Florida Gov. Rick Scott: "You’re kind of like Voldemort at this point. You should just retire, because you aren’t going to get elected to Senate."

To Sen. Marco Rubio: "What about the $176,000 you took for those 17 people’s blood?"

we're a republic. maybe your activist *** can find a job and get your own cell phone plan? at this point in your life, you know more than anyone else, and should be demanding a six figure income. move out while you're still super ******* smart.

The reality is the 2nd amendment is to defend against tyranny. It's not hunting. A semi automatic rifle is **** compared to a machine gun, but in the hands of 75 million people which is the militia as a whole it's the power check that keeps would be rulers at bay. You get the wrong group of people in power and just watch how fast they take your rights away. Hell look what they did to our health insurance in just a few short years.

Bingo!

I think people are taking this stuff WAY too seriously.

I'm glad the kids feel involved. I really do. That same involvement WILL grow up. Their opinions will change because ALL of our opinions change as we get older. Conservatives aren't born, they are made. And often it takes real jobs and having real kids and sending them to real schools for people to realize "conservative" ideologies aren't the devil. In fact, most conservative ideas make a lot of sense. And you also start seeing through the snake oil salesmen that democrats really represent. The "promises" that more government is the answer to everything really isn't all that great or realistic.

As far as actually gun legislation, the importance of Trump and this administration to get real judges appointed that believe in the Constitution will have more impact than all the kids in our country put together.

Because gun laws (just like abortion laws) all eventually get decided by our court system. And they will hopefully find the balance of what is "overreach" and what is not "overreach" from our government.

Sure, it's probably not going to make everyone happy. Certain liberal cities and areas will probably pass laws a lot here will think are dumb. And some might even hold up in court for a while. But as far as a national gun restriction law that REALLY impacts your ability to act as a "militia" if we even need it will not happen. Just like there will never be a nationwide law that bans abortion. Ever. No matter if you want that or not.

I think people are taking this stuff WAY too seriously.

Because gun laws (just like abortion laws) all eventually get decided by our court system. And they will hopefully find the balance of what is "overreach" and what is not "overreach" from our government.

I'll have to agree with ya Del but laws or no laws, some things will never change.

M8igIO7.jpg

Hitler invented using children to promote gun control

quote-the-state-must-declare-the-child-to-be-the-most-precious-treasure-of-the-people-as-long-adolf-hitler-50-96-51.jpg

Hitler indeed realized that if you are planning to brutalize and ultimately exterminate a specific group consisting of millions, your job will be a lot easier if those people have no access to weapons.

Republicans sought a special counsel to probe the special counsel Thursday while Trump was preparing to fire his third cabinet member in two weeks. All this, while Democrats encouraged kids to skip school, march together and wear armbands. Why do you think they call it March Madness?

7RYDICC.jpg