• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL 2023 draft simulator

Does that mean that Mike finally has a coaching tree?
A former head coach getting hired as a DC...I don't think that qualifies. Stewart working his way up the ranks and getting promoted to WVU's WR coach, I think that one counts.

If he had added Tank Dell, D'Anthony Jones, Donavan Mutin and Art Green the draft would have been Fabulous
Leaving those names off might be banable.

😁

NFL Database, the site with non-generous trade offers. Made one deal that is pretty realistic, dealing #17 to LAC for #21 and #85.

steelers.svg

Broderick Jones
    OT | Georgia
    A+
    steelers.svg

Emmanuel Forbes
    CB | Mississippi State
    A
    steelers.svg

Mazi Smith
    DL | Michigan
    A
    steelers.svg

Andrew Vorhees
    IOL | USC
    A+
    steelers.svg

Brandon Joseph
    S | Notre Dame
    A+
    steelers.svg

Dontayvion Wicks
    WR | Virginia
    A
    steelers.svg

Aubrey Miller Jr.
    LB | Jackson State
    A+
    steelers.svg

Marte Mapu
    LB | Sacramento State
    B+

• Solid LT, very good CB with history of production against some of the best receivers in college football ('Bama, Tennessee, Georgia), seriously talented NT, very good G who will challenge for playing time early, excellent S who is a special teams starter right now and will learn the position, very underrated WR who showed really well in Senior Bowl practices, and two talented LBers from non-power 5 schools who showed up and impressed at Senior Bowl.

NFL Database, the site with non-generous trade offers. Made one deal that is pretty realistic, dealing #17 to LAC for #21 and #85.

steelers.svg

Broderick Jones
    OT | Georgia
    A+
    steelers.svg

Emmanuel Forbes
    CB | Mississippi State
    A
    steelers.svg

Mazi Smith
    DL | Michigan
    A
    steelers.svg

Andrew Vorhees
    IOL | USC
    A+
    steelers.svg

Brandon Joseph
    S | Notre Dame
    A+
    steelers.svg

Dontayvion Wicks
    WR | Virginia
    A
    steelers.svg

Aubrey Miller Jr.
    LB | Jackson State
    A+
    steelers.svg

Marte Mapu
    LB | Sacramento State
    B+

• Solid LT, very good CB with history of production against some of the best receivers in college football ('Bama, Tennessee, Georgia), seriously talented NT, very good G who will challenge for playing time early, excellent S who is a special teams starter right now and will learn the position, very underrated WR who showed really well in Senior Bowl practices, and two talented LBers from non-power 5 schools who showed up and impressed at Senior Bowl.
Good approach using Senior bowl competition mixed in with drafting. Steelers historically pay close attention to that bowl...

I read somewhere that the Steelers like Skoronski but would look to move him to G. That would have to be the dumbest thing you could do with a first-round pick in the top 20. Take one of the best LT's in the draft and have him switch positions. He'd still probably beat out Dotson as a rookie but still a dumb move. As I type this, it sure wouldn't surprise me if they did something like this.

I read somewhere that the Steelers like Skoronski but would look to move him to G. That would have to be the dumbest thing you could do with a first-round pick in the top 20. Take one of the best LT's in the draft and have him switch positions. He'd still probably beat out Dotson as a rookie but still a dumb move. As I type this, it sure wouldn't surprise me if they did something like this.
It would be a 3 dogs, 2 bones situation, let the best pair win LG and LT. Also probably as a rookie is the easiest path for Skoronski to start right away.

Broderick Jones
    OT | Georgia
    A

Siaki Ika
    DL | Baylor
    A

Antonio Johnson
    S | Texas A&M
    A

Nathaniel Dell
    WR | Houston
    A+

Joe Tippmann
    IOL | Wisconsin
    A+

Clayton Tune
    QB | Houston
    B+

Derek Parish
    EDGE | Houston
    D+

Last edited:
    steelers.svg

Broderick Jones
    OT | Georgia
    A
    steelers.svg

Siaki Ika
    DL | Baylor
    A
    steelers.svg

Antonio Johnson
    S | Texas A&M
    A
    steelers.svg

Nathaniel Dell
    WR | Houston
    A+
    steelers.svg

Joe Tippmann
    IOL | Wisconsin
    A+
    steelers.svg

Clayton Tune
    QB | Houston
    B+
    steelers.svg

Derek Parish
    EDGE | Houston
    D+
weren't there bigger logos to paste? I can't quite distinguish them haha.

I can live with this draft for sure.

I like it Coolie, the whole draft but intrigued at that #236 pick. You know much about him ???

Salute the nation

weren't there bigger logos to paste? I can't quite distinguish them haha.

I can live with this draft for sure.

I had a hard time telling what team he was for……………….. could barely make out the team logo

Salute the nation

I like it Coolie, the whole draft but intrigued at that #236 pick. You know much about him ???

Salute the nation
Tip isn't talked about much but he is a solid prospect in his own right. He has that Wisconsin brute strength and yet is pull capable. I am always pimping other higher ranked centers but this guy is no slouch. Solid in the run and pass. Tall for the position but gets good bend in his sets. I wouldn't be shocked to see this guy develop into a solid starter. My question for him is does a team keep him at C or move him to G. I think he could handle both positions.

Tip isn't talked about much but he is a solid prospect in his own right. He has that Wisconsin brute strength and yet is pull capable. I am always pimping other higher ranked centers but this guy is no slouch. Solid in the run and pass. Tall for the position but gets good bend in his sets. I wouldn't be shocked to see this guy develop into a solid starter. My question for him is does a team keep him at C or move him to G. I think he could handle both positions.
that was my selection at #120

• Devon Witherspoon
    CB Illinois - Becoming one of my favorite prospects. Like his overall instincts and ability to glue.

• PIT

Broderick Jones
    OT Georgia- Good value at 32. Should be off the board in the 20s.

• PIT

Jalin Hyatt
    WR Tennessee - He could work his way into the bottom of 1. One of my favorite receivers in the draft.

• PIT

Will McDonald IV - Another prospect that is growing on me. Has some nice speed/burst which would make him a great depth addition.
    EDGE Iowa State

• PIT

Trey Dean III - solid showing at the senior bowl
    S Florida

• PIT

Anthony Johnson
    CB Virginia -

• PIT

Stetson Bennett - worth a late round look.
    QB Georgia

Broderick Jones
    OT | Georgia
    A

O'Cyrus Torrence
    IOL | Florida
    A

Mazi Smith
    DL | Michigan
    A+

Nathaniel Dell
    WR | Houston
    A+

Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson
    CB | TCU
    A+

Gervarrius Owens
    S | Houston
    D+

Derek Parish
    EDGE | Houston
    D+

I have a feeling, given the depth at the position, the Steelers will bypass a higher talent at cornerback and go with a guy in the third or fourth. It's the approach they took two years ago with the deep tackle class. Rather than try to grab a talented prospect, they found a lesser player in the fourth round simply because of the depth of the draft.