• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL 2023 draft simulator

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a feeling, given the depth at the position, the Steelers will bypass a higher talent at cornerback and go with a guy in the third or fourth. It's the approach they took two years ago with the deep tackle class. Rather than try to grab a talented prospect, they found a lesser player in the fourth round simply because of the depth of the draft.
Hoping their trends will be altered now. Guess we'll see.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Heavy on Defense. in this scenario I 100% resign Cam and Edmunds.

Pittsburgh Steelers
  • PIT

Peter Skoronski
    OT Northwestern

• PIT

Drew Sanders
    LB Arkansas

• PIT

Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor

• PIT

Mazi Smith
    DT Michigan

• PIT

Alex Forsyth
    OC Oregon

• PIT

Tommy DeVito
    QB Illinois

• PIT

Jalen Redmond
    DT Oklahoma

Papa Lazarou

Registered
Reaction score
This draft might work:
    Christian Gonzalez
    CB Oregon

• PIT

Tuli Tuipulotu
    EDGE USC

• PIT

Cody Mauch
    OT North Dakota State

• PIT

Keeanu Benton
    DT Wisconsin

• PIT

Daiyan Henley
    LB Washington State

• PIT

Nathaniel Dell
    WR Houston

• PIT

Josh Whyle
    TE Cincinnati

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
These simulators are so far off each other in where players are ranked and what picks we have. I'm going to wait until after the combine and see if they update things and get more in line with each other - or at least have the corrects Steelers picks.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I ususally dont even do mock drafts until a few weeks before the actual draft. dont know why I am so into it this year.
Hopefully the actually fix the trenches in the off season and draft.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I ususally dont even do mock drafts until a few weeks before the actual draft. dont know why I am so into it this year.
I think it is fun to get to know the prospects from a football mindset. And look back and compare how we did on certain prospects. For a select few it gives them a sense that they could do a better job than the entire scouting department.

Pure men of genius.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it is fun to get to know the prospects from a football mindset. And look back and compare how we did on certain prospects. For a select few it gives them a sense that they could do a better job than the entire scouting department.

Pure men of genius.
It's all in fun, but realize the actual draft will not remotely resemble any posted here. Remotely maybe too strong a word, but you know it's true.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
It's all in fun, but realize the actual draft will not remotely resemble any posted here. Remotely maybe too strong a word, but you know it's true.
Perhaps not. I think I have seen people get three to four selections right before. Not necessarily the right round. I think I got three right once. Anywho sure sometimes you are lucky to get one right. No matter for me it doesn't take the fun away if I have every pick wrong. Not everyone can be cooch like

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
pfn-logo-black

• PIT

Jalen Carter
    DT Georgia

• PIT

Nolan Smith
    EDGE Georgia

• PIT

John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

• PIT

Kyu Blu Kelly
    CB Stanford

• PIT

Calijah Kancey
    DT Pittsburgh

• PIT

Josh Whyle
    TE Cincinnati

• PIT

Tommy DeVito
    QB Illinois
All tackles went extremely early in this one. Carter was there. not that I think he will be in real draft but.....

that Cyrus Torrence fella who I think would be awesome at 17 went number 8 overall.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Would love the draft to unfold this way. I fear that after the combine, no way Gonzalez drops to 17 but anyhoo ...

steelers.svg

Christian Gonzalez
    CB | Oregon
    A+
    steelers.svg

Anton Harrison
    OT | Oklahoma
    A+
    steelers.svg

John Michael Schmitz
    IOL | Minnesota
    A
    steelers.svg

Jack Campbell
    LB | Iowa
    A+
    steelers.svg

Zacch Pickens
    DL | South Carolina
    B+
    steelers.svg

Michael Wilson
    WR | Stanford
    A+
    steelers.svg

Robert Beal Jr.
    EDGE | Georgia
    A+

• Elite CB, guy who very much looks like an NFL LT but will be an excellent RT at worst, a C who reminds me technically of Linderbaum from last year's draft but who has 20 lbs. more good weight, a solid, productive ILB, an underrated DL in Pickens (good success so far in drafting guys with that name), a project WR and an edge rusher who is another developmental project (he's a 7th round pick, guys) but who reportedly has a good spin move. He and Highsmith can work on their spin moves together.

Last edited:

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Would love the draft to unfold this way. I fear that after the combine, no way Gonzalez drops to 17 but anyhoo ...

steelers.svg

Christian Gonzalez
    CB | Oregon
    A+
    steelers.svg

Anton Harrison
    OT | Oklahoma
    A+
    steelers.svg

John Michael Schmitz
    IOL | Minnesota
    A
    steelers.svg

Jack Campbell
    LB | Iowa
    A+
    steelers.svg

Zacch Pickens
    DL | South Carolina
    B+
    steelers.svg

Michael Wilson
    WR | Stanford
    A+
    steelers.svg

Robert Beal Jr.
    EDGE | Georgia
    A+

• Elite CB, guy who very much looks like an NFL LT but will be an excellent RT at worst, a C who reminds me technically of Linderbaum from last year's draft but who has 20 lbs. more good weight, a solid, productive ILB, an underrated DL in Pickens (good success so far in drafting guys with that name), a project WR and an edge rusher who is another developmental project (he's a 7th round pick, guys) but who reportedly has a good spin move. He and Highsmith can work on their spin moves together.
I've picked those 4 to start my draft in several mocks. I would definitely take it. If Campbell runs better than expected, his stock will rise. He covers a lot of ground in the middle with his size and length.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I've picked those 4 to start my draft in several mocks. I would definitely take it. If Campbell runs better than expected, his stock will rise. He covers a lot of ground in the middle with his size and length.

I like Campbell with our 3 round pick. He is smart, a leader, and a good football player. He uses what he uses he has well in term of his size vs. the runs or pass. I don't think the guy will run a 4.6 or under. More like 4.61 - 4.75 type.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I like Campbell with our 3 round pick. He is smart, a leader, and a good football player. He uses what he uses he has well in term of his size vs. the runs or pass. I don't think the guy will run a 4.6 or under. More like 4.61 - 4.75 type.
He uses what he uses when he uses it?

How usual.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If he runs closer to a 4.6, that will benefit him greatly. I can't see him going below that but if he does, he may not be there in the 3rd.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
If he runs closer to a 4.6, that will benefit him greatly. I can't see him going below that but if he does, he may not be there in the 3rd.

I'll take him in the third round as long as he runs below a 4.8. He understands coverage, has a big body and displays fine hand usage. These things matter. I will be surprised if he runs below a 4.6 If that happens he will be a round 2 two guy, perhaps even a late round one guy!

The Steelers better get a combine time or pro day time. They did not or Najee Harris. The guy looks like a 4.6+ guy to me. A reason why he hits so few big plays over 15 yards as a runner and receiver. Other good backs do this with greater frequency.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll take him in the third round as long as he runs below a 4.8. He understands coverage, has a big body and displays fine hand usage. These things matter. I will be surprised if he runs below a 4.6 If that happens he will be a round 2 two guy, perhaps even a late round one guy!

The Steelers better get a combine time or pro day time. They did not or Najee Harris. The guy looks like a 4.6+ guy to me. A reason why he hits so few big plays over 15 yards as a runner and receiver. Other good backs do this with greater frequency.
I think the Steelers knew what Harris would have run from previous 40s. And no they aren't drafting a RB or QB in 1 no matter how hard you wish it so.

Cooch loves him some 40. What's Juju's 40 you know that WR that was critical down the stretch for the Chiefs in their SB win the other day?

ZiviliSteelers

Registered
Reaction score
I think you're into the mock draft this year because you see the progress that Pickett and the team made over the 2nd half of the season and some of the necessary "IT" factors to be a top notch quarterback in the league. I know its why this off season can't get started fast enough for me. Plus with the Bears sucking so bad we ended up with what would normally be the pick of the Super Bowl champion, the Steelers basically have 2 first round picks.

Last edited:

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I now use this site for basically every mock draft I run because it is brutal and the players I REALLY want are always gone right before my pick.

Kinda like real life.

The trade offers for 1st and 2nd picks are ridiculously bad, but for some reason every time I get to pick 120, multiple teams are offering a 2024 1st round pick in trade.

Yeah, sure. You bet. I just ignore those offers since they are so dumb.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Disappointed that the better LT's gone at 32 but I think Duncan is a steal at 80.

steelers.svg

Christian Gonzalez
    CB | Oregon
    A+
    steelers.svg

Isaiah Foskey
    EDGE | Notre Dame
    B+
    steelers.svg

Mazi Smith
    DL | Michigan
    A
    steelers.svg

Jaelyn Duncan
    OT | Maryland
    A+
    steelers.svg

Owen Pappoe
    LB | Auburn
    A+
    steelers.svg

Charlie Jones
    WR | Purdue
    A+
    steelers.svg

Kaevon Merriweather
    S | Iowa
    A+

• Draft is made with Gonzalez at 17. Big, fast, excellent in trail technique, not afraid to stick his nose into the running plays. Foskey my "ehh, well" pick. Definitely gives the team depth behind Watt and Highsmith. Excellent pass rusher but not going to be a plus if he has to drop into coverage. Mazi is a physical freak who is built to stuff running plays and take two blockers. Duncan a very talented LT prospect, excellent at mirroring speed rush and simply stuffing the pass rusher. Pappoe is not a big guy but extremely fast, will be a dime Mack, able to cover TE's and RB's. Jones a good possession receiver.

• Great draft? Maybe if Foskey develops into a superior pass rusher and Duncan is as good as I think he is.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I now use this site for basically every mock draft I run because it is brutal and the players I REALLY want are always gone right before my pick.

Kinda like real life.

The trade offers for 1st and 2nd picks are ridiculously bad, but for some reason every time I get to pick 120, multiple teams are offering a 2024 1st round pick in trade.

Yeah, sure. You bet. I just ignore those offers since they are so dumb.

Christian Gonzalez
    CB | Oregon
    A+
    Anton Harrison
    OT | Oklahoma
    A+
    Drew Sanders
    LB | Arkansas
    A+
    Gervon Dexter
    DL | Florida
    A+
    Luke Wypler
    IOL | Ohio State
    A+
    Charlie Jones
    WR | Purdue
    A+

Mitchell Agude
    EDGE | Miami (FL)

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
  • Christian Gonzalez
    CB Oregon

• PIT

Broderick Jones
    OT Georgia

• PIT

Zay Flowers
    WR Boston College

• PIT

Mazi Smith
    DT Michigan

• PIT

Zach Harrison
    EDGE Ohio State

• PIT

Gabe Wallace
    OG Buffalo

• PIT

Keion White
    EDGE Georgia Tech

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
1 - 29. Broderick Jones, T, Georgia. I feel he's the true LT we need. Taking him allows us some flexibility on the OL, even if that means pushing Moore inside.
(traded down with the 'Aints from 17 for 29 and 40).

32. Trenton Simpson, LB, Clemson. C-ya BusT. Too damn good to pass up here, which means Tomlin will insist we draft elsewhere.
40. Cody Mauch, T, North Dakota State. Can play T or G. They even had him tinkering at Center. LOTS of possibilities with him. Jones - Mauch - Cole - Daniels - Chuks/Moore

49. Siaki Ika, DT, Baylor. Previously, Colbert would go Offense/Defense then flip in the next round. Omar may follow that recipe. If so and Ika is there...

80. Tyrique Stevenson, CB, Miami. Not a big secret that we'll likely need a CB. Stevenson has the game and attitude we could use.

120. Kyu Blu Kelly, CB, Stanford. Ties with Tomlin. If he's there... he's ours.

236. Bryce Ford-Wheaton, WR, West Virginia. Big bodied WR with some wheels.

243. Robert Beal, Edge, Georgia.
Probably no more than a ST guy, but has potential.

Draft settings:
Care for positional value was a little higher than "Less"
Draft for needs - maximum
Randomness - almost to max

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
All draft settings at max... #CoachStyle (trademarking that hashtag)

no trades.

17. Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
32. Broderick Jones, T, Georgia
49. O'Cyrus Torrence, G, Florida
80. Cody Mauch, T, North Dakota State
120. Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina
236. Kelee Ringo, CB, Georgia
243. Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia

Boom.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
  • Broderick Jones
    OT | Georgia
    A
    steelers.svg

B.J. Ojulari
    EDGE | LSU
    B+
    steelers.svg

Drew Sanders
    LB | Arkansas
    A+
    steelers.svg

Kyu Blu Kelly
    CB | Stanford
    B+
    steelers.svg

Jarrett Patterson
    IOL | Notre Dame
    A+
    steelers.svg

Charlie Jones
    WR | Purdue
    A
    steelers.svg

Dorian Thompson-Robinson
    QB | UCLA

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
1.17 Jordan Addison, WR, USC
The Steelers have no depth at receiver passed the top two options. Allow Addison to play the slot this year and you can move on from Johnson after this season if they can get a good trade offer.

2.32 Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
He has experience at both tackle positions and I don't care where he starts in the NFL. The Steelers could use an upgrade at either position.

2.49 Calijah Kancey, IDL, Pitt
A lot want us to bring back Hargrave. Kancey isn't a big run stuffer, he's undersized, but he can rush the quarterback. Watt and Highsmith on the edge, Heyward and Kancey on the interior. Bring the heat.

3.80 Jack Campbell, ILB, Iowa
This guy is going to be a productive linebacker at the next level. I hope it's for us and in the third round.

4.120 Zion Johnson, OT, Miami
Johnson has a high upside if he lives up to his potential. Worth a chance at this point of the draft, especially with who was left on the draft board.

7.236 Jahleel Billingsley, TE, Texas
Underachiever in college, just taking a chance on a player who had a pedigree entering college.

7.243 Clayton Tune, QB, Houston
Adding a legit young QB prospect as either a long-term backup or if he shines, trade bait.