• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL 2023 draft simulator

That's a solid 2-round mock for the Steelers.

In the first, I'd consider either Porter, Addison, or Jones. If they re-sign Sutton and keep Witherspoon and Wallace, I think that rules out a CB in the first. I still think the team is weak at WR and could go Addison if he's there.

The second round does a great job in both trenches.

A couple of other interesting picks. I've seen Stroud compared to Jared Goff so sorta funny the Lions are taking him. Also, crazy high for Richardson. Taking a QB for potential rather than performance.

That's a solid 2-round mock for the Steelers.

In the first, I'd consider either Porter, Addison, or Jones. If they re-sign Sutton and keep Witherspoon and Wallace, I think that rules out a CB in the first. I still think the team is weak at WR and could go Addison if he's there.

The second round does a great job in both trenches.

A couple of other interesting picks. I've seen Stroud compared to Jared Goff so sorta funny the Lions are taking him. Also, crazy high for Richardson. Taking a QB for potential rather than performance.
San Fran did it with Trey and it bit them in the arse.

Last edited:
  • PIT

Peter Skoronski
    OT Northwestern
    trade icon
  • PIT

Calijah Kancey
    DT Pittsburgh

• PIT

John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

• PIT

Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor
    trade icon
  • PIT

Tommy Eichenberg
    LB Ohio State

• PIT

Byron Young
    DT Alabama

• PIT

Jermaine Burton
    WR Alabama

• PIT

Tiawan Mullen
    CB Indiana

pfn-logo-black

• PIT

Joey Porter Jr.
    CB Penn State

• PIT

Anton Harrison
    OT Oklahoma

• PIT

Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor
    trade icon
  • PIT

Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

• PIT

Andrew Vorhees
    OG USC

• PIT

Dontay Demus Jr.
    WR Maryland

• 2024 TB 3rd

Just one trade and somewhat realistic at that, moving down to 50 in exchange for Tampa's 50 and their 3rd round pick in 2024. When I do these mocks, I realize how much the defense needs help. DT, ILB, CB even S are a genuine problem. Simply can't fix all of them in one draft. Get a legit, big, physical lockdown CB. Take a look at the best defenses and gee, what do they have in common? THAT. A solid LT prospect, a huge road-grader G in Vorhees, and a massive, athletic freak at DT. Ika is 6'4", 351 lbs. but I think in reality, after the All-Star games and combine, no way he lasts to 50. NO. WAY. He is very mobile and not a waste on pass rushing, so if teams say, "Yeah, let's go no-huddle with quick passes," Ika, Heyward, Leal, Watt, Highsmith, Campbell and Porter will punish that approach.

Campbell is becoming my favorite target in the 4th. Big, good in coverage, tackling machine at Iowa, always around the ball. Teams are not really going to have OL with a free shot at him with Ika, Heyward and Leal on the DL. Who are you going to single? Yeah, good luck with that.

Something of interest - DT Mazi Smith of Michigan. Dude is a F-R-E-A-K. He reportedly did 22 reps ... with 325 LBS. NOT 225!! He also has a vertical of more than 40", and a shuttle of 4.41.

Oh, and he's 6'3", 337 lbs. The issue is decision-making. He was arrested following a traffic stop for having a concealed weapon. Pled down to a misdemeanor.

Me? I think concealed carry is a Constitutional right so why the hell would he be charged with a crime?? If the Steelers don't get him, I know a ****** team in purple that will.

Looking back

Coach's annual draft review, 2019.

Round one. ILB Devin Bush. I'd compare Bush to Lawerence Timmons, a bit faster and with more range to the sideline and better in coverage. Not quite as powerful as a run stopper, and I'll guess not as durable as Timmons was an iron man. Bush should be an asset on the blitz. You have to like NFL bloodlines mentored by a hall of fame player. I project a three-down linebacker, quick enough to contain mobile QB's and shadow backs, but probably a bit too short to cover TE's. I also think he might struggle a bit to shed blocks due to his lack of size.

The big question is he worth a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick? If he's the next Ryan Shazier, sure. I don't think Bush will be think be as good as Shazier, so IMO the trade up was too costly.

My choice, not to trade up, I'll take Montez Sweat. A proven SEC pass rusher, and a stand out at the senior bowl week. He'll take a very average Bud Durpee's job, and would save us whatever the amount ( 7-13 million ) a season it costs to re-sign Durpee. Sweat is very good vs. the run too, and can be an asset in coverage thanks to his length and athleticism. He fell due to a misdiagnosed heart condition. Most teams had a top 10-15 grade on Sweat before this medical stuff came out. That's why I never put him in my mocks. He fell unexpectedly. Paired with Watt you have one heck of a pass rush. And oh that cap space would be nice next for the future.

Round two. Pick traded. My choice D.K. Metcalf. He could be the next Wallace or Bryant. Very big and fast, with big catch radius and hands to make those did you see that type of catches. Metcalf proved it in the SEC, and did it with a mediocre QB to boot. Ben makes this type of players great. Our receiving unit lacks speed, and to an extent size. Metcalf would solve both issues and force the opposing defense to account for his speed, meaning less double coverage for Ju-Ju.

Round three A. The Steelers picked a productive but smaller and slower WR in Johnson. We have those types. Doing it in the MAC you'll have to wonder what his separation looks like in the NFL. I felt this pick was a reach. Johnson in round 5 would have been nice. Much better players were on the board, history will show that. We need a big WR and a Speed WR. Johnson is neither. Some may say, but Brown was that type of player coming out. Okay, sure, the odds of Johnson being as good as Brown are very long.

My choice: ILB Germaine Pratt. A big, fast and very productive inside linebacker, he'd easily upgraded us and would be great value here in round three for the Steelers. Pratt looks impressive on film and would start for us. A former free safety turned linebacker, he's good in coverage too.

Round 3B. CB Justin Layne. I like this pick. Layne has solid cover skills and is a master at using his very long arms to break up passes. For example, he broke up 15 of them last season vs. good competition in the Big Ten. Good height. Average speed and acceleration. He needs to put on some weight. Layne could make an ideal free safety too. I would not put him in the slot or one on one vs. a burner, but I think he'll hold his own as an outside man or zone corner.

My choice. Same player.

Round 4. Snell. Why? He isn't going to beat out Conner and can't do what Smalues does. He's big and slow in a time when the NFL doesn't start big and slow backs. In addion to lacking top speed, Snell lacks acceleration and charge of direction ability. He's an in-between the tackles back only. Sure he's a power runner. So is Conner. A 3rd string back. And yes, I have seen him play. Good college player, suspect in the NFL. Someone may say but what if the two front line guys get hurt. That can be applied to most positions too.

My choice. ILB Burr-Kirven. You won't find a more productive player. Burr-Kriven had a workout with 1st round numbers. He's a bit small, but so is Bush. Very productive and smart in coverage. Could be a Zach Tomas type of player if he pans out. Should be a top special teams guy.

Round 5. TE Zach Gentry. Another pick I did not like. Gentry is slow and stiff legged with mediocre hands. Not a power blocker either as he has a slimmer type of build. Okay, he's 6'8" tall and might be a good option 2nd for short yardage. James was better.

My choice: WR Hunter Renfro. Very quick and polished route runner. Top hands. Productive for a big-time program. I think he could be a solid slot guy or dependable 4th WR who beats his man more often than not when the ball comes his way. Renfro shined at the senior bowl.

Round 6A LB Sutton Smith. Very productive, but small. I think ILB might be his best fit as he will be meat vs. NFL tackles vs the run and won’t be able to get around them as a pass rusher. At ILB, however, he might able to find a home. A solid blitzing option. The Steelers looked at him already at FB. A football player, and solid athlete type who is likely a backup and best and a special teams guy.

My choice: DL I . Buggs, who the Steelers selected with their 2nd pick in round. Strong. Productive. Stood out. Did it in the SEC. Not a rangy DT / NT but good enough to play the run or add something as a bull rusher.

Round 6B. Buggs. I liked this pick a lot.

Who I would have taken. Since I took Buggs with pick 6A, I'll go with Punter Fox. Has a good leg. Better than Berry's. Fox averaged 45.5 per punt last year. He has good hang time to force a fair catch. A good athlete and solid tackler if needed. Also, a fine runner or passer for trick plays.

Round 6C Ulysees Gilbert III. An odd pick since we took two players that were small at LB like him. He's very small, and lightly built. Reports say he's not aware and struggles in coverage. A head-scratcher of a pick.

My choice: S. Nick Scott. Very fast and productive didn't start a lot of games. A leader type, with upside to fill.

Round 7. OT Gray. While he's big, he lacks the feet to play tackle in the NFL, and may not be a quick enough player out of his stance to play guard. A tweener type.

My choice: S Darius West. Blazing fast. Made 86 tackles last season Three interceptions last season. I'm not sure why he wasn't drafted, probably due to the leg and knee injuries. Worth a gamble in round seven. The Steelers did not draft one safety, go figure.

Looking back

Round one. ILB Devin Bush. I'd compare Bush to Lawerence Timmons, a bit faster and with more range to the sideline and better in coverage. Not quite as powerful as a run stopper, and I'll guess not as durable as Timmons was an iron man. Bush should be an asset on the blitz. You have to like NFL bloodlines mentored by a hall of fame player. I project a three-down linebacker, quick enough to contain mobile QB's and shadow backs, but probably a bit too short to cover TE's. I also think he might struggle a bit to shed blocks due to his lack of size.

The big question is he worth a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick? If he's the next Ryan Shazier, sure. I don't think Bush will be think be as good as Shazier, so IMO the trade up was too costly.

My choice, not to trade up, I'll take Montez Sweat. A proven SEC pass rusher, and a stand out at the senior bowl week. He'll take a very average Bud Durpee's job, and would save us whatever the amount ( 7-13 million ) a season it costs to re-sign Durpee. Sweat is very good vs. the run too, and can be an asset in coverage thanks to his length and athleticism. He fell due to a misdiagnosed heart condition. Most teams had a top 10-15 grade on Sweat before this medical stuff came out. That's why I never put him in my mocks. He fell unexpectedly. Paired with Watt you have one heck of a pass rush. And oh that cap space would be nice next for the future.

Round two. Pick traded. My choice D.K. Metcalf. He could be the next Wallace or Bryant. Very big and fast, with big catch radius and hands to make those did you see that type of catches. Metcalf proved it in the SEC, and did it with a mediocre QB to boot. Ben makes this type of players great. Our receiving unit lacks speed, and to an extent size. Metcalf would solve both issues and force the opposing defense to account for his speed, meaning less double coverage for Ju-Ju.

Round three A. The Steelers picked a productive but smaller and slower WR in Johnson. We have those types. Doing it in the MAC you'll have to wonder what his separation looks like in the NFL. I felt this pick was a reach. Johnson in round 5 would have been nice. Much better players were on the board, history will show that. We need a big WR and a Speed WR. Johnson is neither. Some may say, but Brown was that type of player coming out. Okay, sure, the odds of Johnson being as good as Brown are very long.

My choice: ILB Germaine Pratt. A big, fast and very productive inside linebacker, he'd easily upgraded us and would be great value here in round three for the Steelers. Pratt looks impressive on film and would start for us. A former free safety turned linebacker, he's good in coverage too.

Round 3B. CB Justin Layne. I like this pick. Layne has solid cover skills and is a master at using his very long arms to break up passes. For example, he broke up 15 of them last season vs. good competition in the Big Ten. Good height. Average speed and acceleration. He needs to put on some weight. Layne could make an ideal free safety too. I would not put him in the slot or one on one vs. a burner, but I think he'll hold his own as an outside man or zone corner.

My choice. Same player.

Round 4. Snell. Why? He isn't going to beat out Conner and can't do what Smalues does. He's big and slow in a time when the NFL doesn't start big and slow backs. In addion to lacking top speed, Snell lacks acceleration and charge of direction ability. He's an in-between the tackles back only. Sure he's a power runner. So is Conner. A 3rd string back. And yes, I have seen him play. Good college player, suspect in the NFL. Someone may say but what if the two front line guys get hurt. That can be applied to most positions too.

My choice. ILB Burr-Kirven. You won't find a more productive player. Burr-Kriven had a workout with 1st round numbers. He's a bit small, but so is Bush. Very productive and smart in coverage. Could be a Zach Tomas type of player if he pans out. Should be a top special teams guy.

Round 5. TE Zach Gentry. Another pick I did not like. Gentry is slow and stiff legged with mediocre hands. Not a power blocker either as he has a slimmer type of build. Okay, he's 6'8" tall and might be a good option 2nd for short yardage. James was better.

My choice: WR Hunter Renfro. Very quick and polished route runner. Top hands. Productive for a big-time program. I think he could be a solid slot guy or dependable 4th WR who beats his man more often than not when the ball comes his way. Renfro shined at the senior bowl.

Round 6A LB Sutton Smith. Very productive, but small. I think ILB might be his best fit as he will be meat vs. NFL tackles vs the run and won’t be able to get around them as a pass rusher. At ILB, however, he might able to find a home. A solid blitzing option. The Steelers looked at him already at FB. A football player, and solid athlete type who is likely a backup and best and a special teams guy.

My choice: DL I . Buggs, who the Steelers selected with their 2nd pick in round. Strong. Productive. Stood out. Did it in the SEC. Not a rangy DT / NT but good enough to play the run or add something as a bull rusher.

Round 6B. Buggs. I liked this pick a lot.

Who I would have taken. Since I took Buggs with pick 6A, I'll go with Punter Fox. Has a good leg. Better than Berry's. Fox averaged 45.5 per punt last year. He has good hang time to force a fair catch. A good athlete and solid tackler if needed. Also, a fine runner or passer for trick plays.

Round 6C Ulysees Gilbert III. An odd pick since we took two players that were small at LB like him. He's very small, and lightly built. Reports say he's not aware and struggles in coverage. A head-scratcher of a pick.

My choice: S. Nick Scott. Very fast and productive didn't start a lot of games. A leader type, with upside to fill.

Round 7. OT Gray. While he's big, he lacks the feet to play tackle in the NFL, and may not be a quick enough player out of his stance to play guard. A tweener type.

My choice: S Darius West. Blazing fast. Made 86 tackles last season Three interceptions last season. I'm not sure why he wasn't drafted, probably due to the leg and knee injuries. Worth a gamble in round seven. The Steelers did not draft one safety, go figure.

He wants a RB so bad he is wishing injury. This is the kind of loser cooch is.

"not to get hurt? I want to see what Warren can do for a full game. I don't root for injury but Tomlin won't make changes! Learning if Warren if better is a key to us getting better. Find that out, or maybe Harris will slip on a banana peel in Cleveland just before the game starts causing him to miss the game."

Yeah cooch you don't root for an injury and turn around in the same thread and root for injury. The real Joel would flip over in his grave looking at your babbling.

Currently back in the top 10?
Nope gained I think one slot, and to make matters worse they lost one slot with the Chicago pick.

Just win as that is always a feel better....

Ehh, Coach is not afraid to show what he would have done in the 2019 draft, including the wrong choices (Burr-Kirven over Snell). To be fair here, his picks would have made the team better than what the Steelers actually did, by a long shot. Sweat and Metcalf would be anchors. Can you imagine Sweat on the R side and Watt on the L?? Ho-lee ****, talk about pass rush! And Metcalf is a legit #1 WR who commands attention, not a smallish WR going the wrong way like the current #1.

Also, Renfro is a legit slot receiver. Upgrade. Nick Scott is a starting NFL safety now who played dime for the SB winner last year. Hell of a lot better than the usual **** the Steelers get with late-round picks.

Last edited:
pfn-logo-black

• PIT

Peter Skoronski
    OT Northwestern
    trade icon
  • PIT

Jared Verse
    EDGE Florida State

• PIT

Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor

• PIT

Rome Odunze
    WR Washington

• PIT

Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa
    trade icon

• PIT

Jaxson Kirkland
    OT Washington
    PIT
    DJ Turner
    CB Michigan

Get the LT, a potentially superb OLB, dominant NT with productivity in college, an excellent WR prospect with great balance and speed at 6'3", a legit ILB who can take on G's and stuff the run, an OT project and a very toolsy CB. Turner is so fast that he when he turns out the lights before going to bed, he is under the covers before it gets dark.

Get the LT, a potentially superb OLB, dominant NT with productivity in college, an excellent WR prospect with great balance and speed at 6'3", a legit ILB who can take on G's and stuff the run, an OT project and a very toolsy CB. Turner is so fast that he when he turns out the lights before going to bed, he is under the covers before it gets dark.

For this one, I took which BPA was available vs what I needed, doing some trade downs... and not trading for future picks since we need help now. Keep it short-sighted.

14. Joey Porter Jr.
If he's available, we've got to take him. This will be another Dan Marino-must take. If dude balls out elsewhere, then the FO will be scarred again. Regardless, position of need, a huge talent and yes, we take him.

39. Nolan Smith, Edge, Georgia
Traded down, but cannot recall who I danced with. Highsmith is a FA after next year. Is he worth a big contract after this one? I don't know. Dude seemed to disappear when TJ was out, but taking Smith here will allow us to have a player to step in... while getting OTJ training

43. Siaka Ika, DT, Baylor
Kinda doubt he falls to us, and have read some that he's not as aggressive as you'd prefer in a dude that large. Regardless, fits a need and is BPA... or is that BPA and fits a need?

74. Blake Freeland, OT, BYU
6-8, 305. Assume he's a smart kid since BYU doesnt pursue nor allow dumbasses. Needs a little coaching up, but can push Moore inside.

88. Ivan Pace Jr., LB, Cincinnati

BusT is a free agent and frankly hasn't played well enough to earn a second contract. Moving on.

109. Carter Warren, OT, Pitt
Kenny gets a familiar face. So now we have a legit battle at LT between Freeland and Warren. Didn't expect Warren to be here, but glad he fell. Also needs some coaching (which we have in YUGE ABUNDANCE with Tomlin). One of the two could be our LT going forward, as I'd expect them to be at least as average as Moore right now.

209. Cornelius Johnson, WR, Michigan
Cheated on this since I know he's not been updated in this mock database. But, if he's there - and stranger things have happened outside netflix - done deal.

225. Jalen Green, S, Miss St
Most likely a ST player until he gets acclimated to the NFL. Has size at 6'1, 200 and reports are he hits like a truck.

For this one, I took which BPA was available vs what I needed, doing some trade downs... and not trading for future picks since we need help now. Keep it short-sighted.

14. Joey Porter Jr.
If he's available, we've got to take him. This will be another Dan Marino-must take. If dude balls out elsewhere, then the FO will be scarred again. Regardless, position of need, a huge talent and yes, we take him.

Traded down, but cannot recall who I danced with. Highsmith is a FA after next year. Is he worth a big contract after this one? I don't know. Dude seemed to disappear when TJ was out, but taking Smith here will allow us to have a player to step in... while getting OTJ training

Kinda doubt he falls to us, and have read some that he's not as aggressive as you'd prefer in a dude that large. Regardless, fits a need and is BPA... or is that BPA and fits a need?

6-8, 305. Assume he's a smart kid since BYU doesnt pursue nor allow dumbasses. Needs a little coaching up, but can push Moore inside.

BusT is a free agent and frankly hasn't played well enough to earn a second contract. Moving on.

Kenny gets a familiar face. So now we have a legit battle at LT between Freeland and Warren. Didn't expect Warren to be here, but glad he fell. Also needs some coaching (which we have in YUGE ABUNDANCE with Tomlin). One of the two could be our LT going forward, as I'd expect them to be at least as average as Moore right now.

Cheated on this since I know he's not been updated in this mock database. But, if he's there - and stranger things have happened outside netflix - done deal.

Most likely a ST player until he gets acclimated to the NFL. Has size at 6'1, 200 and reports are he hits like a truck.

Good draft but I am hesitant to get another small ILBer. Pace is 6', 239 lbs. Guy from Iowa likely there at 88, Jack Campbell, is listed at 6'5", 246 lbs. Logged 140 tackles, 1 sack, 2 interceptions in 2021, and so far this season 115 tackles and 2 interceptions. Athletic, good basketball player in HS. Always around the ball. 9 tackles and a pick vs. OSU. 11 tackles vs. Michigan. 13 tackles against a good Illinois team.

Jalen Carter
    DT Georgia

Matthew Bergeron
    OT Syracuse

John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

Tyrique Stevenson
    CB Miami (FL)

Mazi Smith
    DT Michigan

Habakkuk Baldonado
    EDGE Pittsburgh

Rakim Jarrett
    WR Maryland
Carter was sitting there so you have to take him. He is easily the BPA. Solidified the OL with the next 2 picks and then got an athletic freak to sit in the middle of our DL. Stevenson before him at CB might be a steal as well. Not sure about Baldonado from Pitt but he is intriguing, to say the least so I took a flyer on him.

best draft ever.

13. Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State
33. Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
58. Sedrick Van Pran, C, Georgia
74. Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee
113. Lukas Van Ness, Edge, Iowa
121. Andrew Vorhees, OG, USC
131. Tuli Tuipulotu, DT, USC
168. Dorian Williams, LB, Tulane
176. Garrett Williams, CB, Syracuse
210. Cornelius Johnson, WR, Meatchicken
2024 Miami 5th
2024 Miami 6th

Entire left side of the line is replaced - all the way to Center. Stud CB, two gifted WRs, Depth at LB positions, DT that may be a diamond in the rough and a developmental CB.

meets all our needs and were BPA.

14. Joey Porter Jr.

There are some good picks here, but if this is the approach, you mine as well give up on developing your young QB and get ready to draft another one in a year or two. Although I'll make some defensive picks in mock drafts, this team needs to build the offensive line and get another good playmaker at receiver.

Ehh, Coach is not afraid to show what he would have done in the 2019 draft, including the wrong choices (Burr-Kirven over Snell). To be fair here, his picks would have made the team better than what the Steelers actually did, by a long shot. Sweat and Metcalf would be anchors. Can you imagine Sweat on the R side and Watt on the L?? Ho-lee ****, talk about pass rush! And Metcalf is a legit #1 WR who commands attention, not a smallish WR going the wrong way like the current #1.

Also, Renfro is a legit slot receiver. Upgrade. Nick Scott is a starting NFL safety now who played dime for the SB winner last year. Hell of a lot better than the usual **** the Steelers get with late-round picks.

Ya know I might just might know a thing or two! Ignore Slash Vag's troll like comments. Yeh Burr-given over Snell in round four, what was I thinking! Should I say more about our drafts? It's time stamped here? I can do that but I suspect some here don't like such chest thumping and me being right.

I ripped the Golson, Burns, Davis, Washington , and felt we reached big time for Edmunds ( I'm a little bit angry now that I think about them ) to only to hear the usual suspects yap that I don't know what I'm talking about. They don't know what they are talking about. Yeah right, they all turned out great for the Steelers. It's in the archives of this fine forum.

Peace.

Coach, no need to pile on. We got the point of your post, mine is pretty self-explanatory. Remember, brevity is the soul of wit.

Mock draft:

A mock draft is a sports term for a fake draft that simulates how a draft will take place. The draft is used to project where players will be picked, primarily created for fans to strategize and fantasize about how their teams will draft.

I'm almost certain these need to be done before the actual draft.

Coach, no need to pile on. We got the point of your post, mine is pretty self-explanatory. Remember, brevity is the soul of wit.
He has plenty of wit he likes it with a tall glass of nit.

pfn-logo-black

• PIT

Broderick Jones
    OT Georgia
    trade icon
  • PIT

Eli Ricks
    CB Alabama

• PIT

Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor

• PIT

Jalin Hyatt
    WR Tennessee

• PIT

Zach Harrison
    EDGE Ohio State

• PIT

Jaquelin Roy
    DT LSU
    trade icon
  • PIT

Jayden Reed
    WR Michigan State

• 2024 NYG 1st

Get a legit NFL LT, very physical CB who needs to improve a bit on zone coverage (bit late at times), a massive NT who is a physical freak, a superb WR to pair with Pickens, an edge guy I think is better in the pros at 3-4 OLB than he has been at OSU playing DE, a big-body DT to spell Ika, and an "ehh, what the hell" WR.

Oh, and a 2024 1st rounder. In case the QB thing is not panning out.

pfn-logo-black

• PIT

Broderick Jones
    OT Georgia
    trade icon
  • PIT

Eli Ricks
    CB Alabama

• PIT

Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor

• PIT

Jalin Hyatt
    WR Tennessee

• PIT

Zach Harrison
    EDGE Ohio State

• PIT

Jaquelin Roy
    DT LSU
    trade icon
  • PIT

Jayden Reed
    WR Michigan State

• 2024 NYG 1st

Get a legit NFL LT, very physical CB who needs to improve a bit on zone coverage (bit late at times), a massive NT who is a physical freak, a superb WR to pair with Pickens, an edge guy I think is better in the pros at 3-4 OLB than he has been at OSU playing DE, a big-body DT to spell Ika, and an "ehh, what the hell" WR.

Oh, and a 2024 1st rounder. In case the QB thing is not panning out.
I really really hope they trade down…i mean assuming they finish in the top 12 range at least… they need quantity because a good portion of draft picks bust and while they don’t need to bat 1000 this year, they need to find a couple long term solutions to shore up some positions for sure… i just think taking that glamour name in the top ten doesn’t usually help as much as a lower first rounder and bulk in the 2nd to 3rd round

pfn-logo-black

• PIT

Joey Porter Jr.
    CB Penn State

• PIT

Anton Harrison
    OT Oklahoma

• PIT

Siaki Ika
    DT Baylor
    trade icon
  • PIT

Drew Sanders
    LB Arkansas
    trade icon
  • PIT

Dontayvion Wicks
    WR Virginia

• 2024 LV 4th
  • 2024 GB 5th

Interesting draft. I like some top-level talent but not sold on the later picks so dealt the 7th round picks as part of deals to get a 4th and a 5th in the 2024 draft.

Porter Jr. is big, fast, physical, and can be a legit #1 CB. Harrison is becoming my favorite LT candidate because he has good balance and is one of the bigger LT's in the draft. I think no way Ika lasts to pick 45 but whatever. Drew Sanders is going to blow up the combine and never drop to 75. 6'5", 235 lbs., lightning-quick first step, will be a pass rush specialist from day 1. Oh, and a toolsy WR with great hands and the two 2024 picks.