• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL has upheld the four-game suspension for Martavis Bryant. Four games without pay.

Spike

Reaction score
Kevin Colbert on Bryant: "We are disappointed in Martavis’ actions that has led to his four-game suspension...

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...upholds-martavis-bryant-four-game-suspension/

Well....yeah.

Good. He broke the rules now he has to sit and watch and get no pay.

The good part is he will be fresh and healthy when he returns.

It also helps the Steelers stance when it's time for a new contract.

The guy has million dollar talent and a 10 cent brain. Josh Gordon V2.

He needs to go into rehab. 4 instances in a year or so when he knew when he was going to be tested is a serious problem. He should be in a minimum 30 day full rehab program/facility.

I'd like him to come out and flat out say he doesn't need weed in his life like Bell did. Who knows if Bell will back it up, but it was at least nice to hear that the guy realized he messed up.

Frankly this situation scares the **** out of me.

Anyone that fails four drug tests knowing the impact it will have on not only himself but the team is certainly headed for a year long suspension.

The good part is he will be fresh and healthy when he returns.

If he doesn't fire up before then - next hit is 10 games

i think I'm going to try and get Wheaton in my draft - but don't tell anyone

team needs to loan him to the local burger king for the next few weeks...let him see what life in the non cushy real world feels like. then he can choose weed filled poverty or sober wealth.

it was my plan even before Bryant's clusterfuck, now he will rise like hot lava in the draftboards

Maybe just maybe this was one of the things that caused the other teams to pass on him in the draft.

team needs to loan him to the local burger king for the next few weeks...let him see what life in the non cushy real world feels like. then he can choose weed filled poverty or sober wealth.

also sober wealth for some years can lead to a nice weed filled retirement, so there.

If I were that selfish, I could not look ANY of my teammates in the eye.

well

damn

4 games without pay perhaps that will wake him up ?

He HAD to have been fined for 6 games last year too. (obviously, he didn't learn) Probably why he was inactive. Fined 2 games for the second test, 4 games for the 3rd and now suspended 4 games without pay for the 4th. Next one is 10 games and then he is done. You would think each team would hire their OWN screener PLUS an HR person (an ex-player) who could sit and tell them what a complete IDIOT they are while the team practices.

Last edited:
Well, in one regard it provides an answer for those who, after the draft, were all "Why didn't we take Randy Gregory"?

Answer: Because they had just taken a pot head in last year's draft and they were, rightly, feeling burned by the experience. I guess you could say that they weren't "high" on the possibility of making the same mistake twice.

I like the kid, especially his work ethic. I hope this is a turnaround moment... if not I am referring to him as Martard for the rest of existence...

Don't get me wrong, I like Martavis' talent, his work ethic and his still untapped potential. Just unsure whether a kid who has already been given 5 "warnings" of graduated severity will take this as the last "minor" warning that it is. I hope he does and turns it around.

But, I also believe that Martavis' situation definitely played a role in the decision to bypass Gregory made by a team that is desperate for a pass rush.

Bryant should file suit in federal court and whine like a <strike>Brady</strike> crybaby. Maybe he'll get the suspension overturned.