• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL has upheld the four-game suspension for Martavis Bryant. Four games without pay.

I never doubted that he would not get time cut. How are you gonna go out there repeatedly doing stupid ****, and then expect someone to give you some sympathy. The NFL did not want to hear that ****, and I do not blame them.Sit your dumb *** down for a month...

it was my plan even before Bryant's clusterfuck, now he will rise like hot lava in the draftboards

I picked him as Mr Irrelevant. (Wheaton) Looks like hes gonna carry me for 4 weeks as I picked Jordy as WR1

If it's happened 4 times, it'll happen a 5th. Love the guy's talent, but we can't tether ourselves to an idiot.

Hopefully, this has "turned on a light" for the kid and this is the end of his substance abuse.

Don't bet on it, he had 4 other chances and didn't choose correctly, I do not hold out much hope.

Don't bet on it, he had 4 other chances and didn't choose correctly, I do not hold out much hope.

Well, at least he can watch the first four games with Snoop.

True, but the first few fails were non-consequential in the grand scheme of things... there is more finality after the official suspension kicks in. There are lots of players in a year that get the four game suspension, its rare to see the 10 gamer...lets just hope he isn't Gordon 2.0

This is I'm afraid to say going to end badly for the Steelers in the end. How can they build around this guy and depend on him when he's one more suspension from 10 games? What a damn shame when everyone on this board had so high hopes and expectations for this kid. Hell, he reminded me of a young Randy Moss and I thought with him as the #2 receiver this offense would be almost unstoppable. But they just won't be able to depend on him now. This problem he's had for some time not just last year. He came to the NFL with it and was never addressed. He needs all the help he can get and then some. He's young, not terribly bright and this is what he knows, his environment from a young age. Its going to be tough to correct this so don't be surprised if the team does something drastic here. Hell, they moved Holmes.

This is I'm afraid to say going to end badly for the Steelers in the end. How can they build around this guy and depend on him when he's one more suspension from 10 games? What a damn shame when everyone on this board had so high hopes and expectations for this kid. Hell, he reminded me of a young Randy Moss and I thought with him as the #2 receiver this offense would be almost unstoppable. But they just won't be able to depend on him now. This problem he's had for some time not just last year. He came to the NFL with it and was never addressed. He needs all the help he can get and then some. He's young, not terribly bright and this is what he knows, his environment from a young age. Its going to be tough to correct this so don't be surprised if the team does something drastic here. Hell, they moved Holmes.

Yes but Holmes wasn't just a Pot issue, he was a locker room cancer with multiple issues... the team likes Bryant... I don't know if he gets a second contract from them, but I don't see them just dumping him yet

Bryant is signed through 2017, which means we normally would try to renegotiate in training camp of 2017. 2 full seasons and 2 full off-seasons doesn't make me secure that he can avoid another incident. Especially with 4 failed tests in one season and 2 off-seasons.

The only way we resign this guy, is if the CBA changes to make pot a non-banned substance. Otherwise, there is zero chance he gets another contract, and he'll walk after 2017, only if he can stay off the chronic...

Fact is, he's addicted. Essentially a junkie. I know that's harsh given the fact that the substance in question is pot. But, there it is. He's demonstrated that he can't quit using despite the tremendous rewards of staying away from it and the horrible dangers of using it. That means he's incapable of policing his behavior. IE, a junkie.

Sorry Martavis. People with addictive personalities get hooked on all kinds of things. He likely has issues with other substances as well. Without serious counseling and a true core belief that he needs to change his behavior he has no real hope of doing so. And given the fact that he has a lavish lifestyle and adoring fans, I seriously doubt there is any real impetus for him to change his behavior.

In other words, cut the cord. Use the time to find a replacement because in the end he'll be unreliable at best. Hate me if you like, hell, use my purely reasonable and logical arguments as bulletin board material but the fact is, the kid's a junkie. Just like Ricky Williams. Talented, sure but ultimately he only cares about getting stoned and taking care of himself. It's sad, but there it is.

So if he had a issue with other substances too wouldn't he test positive for those as well?? And I don't know what the horrible dangers are either. It's banned by the NFL and illegal but let's not go overboard. In the end if he can't stop using it the only life who will be affected will be his own and his children. The Steelers will move on (Coates)

I never doubted that he would not get time cut. How are you gonna go out there repeatedly doing stupid ****, and then expect someone to give you some sympathy. The NFL did not want to hear that ****, and I do not blame them.Sit your dumb *** down for a month...

yeah,,,, sorry Rog,, I meant to do the right thing,, but I got high and had a pizza instead. I really was tryin hard. Both times I got caught..

the wild thing is the NFL mostly gives these guys every chance not to get caught, yet 2 to 3 % of players will serve some drug suspension in a givin year, and who knows how many more have fines or fails that get them into the program....

Fact is, he's addicted. Essentially a junkie. I know that's harsh given the fact that the substance in question is pot. But, there it is. He's demonstrated that he can't quit using despite the tremendous rewards of staying away from it and the horrible dangers of using it. That means he's incapable of policing his behavior. IE, a junkie.

Sorry Martavis. People with addictive personalities get hooked on all kinds of things. He likely has issues with other substances as well. Without serious counseling and a true core belief that he needs to change his behavior he has no real hope of doing so. And given the fact that he has a lavish lifestyle and adoring fans, I seriously doubt there is any real impetus for him to change his behavior.

In other words, cut the cord. Use the time to find a replacement because in the end he'll be unreliable at best. Hate me if you like, hell, use my purely reasonable and logical arguments as bulletin board material but the fact is, the kid's a junkie. Just like Ricky Williams. Talented, sure but ultimately he only cares about getting stoned and taking care of himself. It's sad, but there it is.

For sure I wouldn't offer him another contract when this one expires. It's not like he failed a drug test a few times over a career. JFC, he's only been in the NFL for one season.

hate to see this but some never can see in front of them, this is not the New England Pats.