• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL Players say Art Rooney is an ‘F’ as an owner

The idiot on the Fan, just called him the worst owner in Pittsburgh, shocker coming from the Succo's flagship station

Wussies. I feel lucky if my copier works, and I have a coffee pot.

NFL Players say Art Rooney is an ‘F’ as an owner
The players give Shades an A?
The hell you say.
The inmates like running the asylum?
Clutch my pearls.

And of course, the Deuce is an F.
He doesn't care about the team as much as his old man or grandpa.
His lack of passion for the sport/team shows in spades.

Was glad to see the trainers/nutritionists/medical staff get slapped around.
It'd be nice to have properly maintained athletes that don't break down for nonsensical things.

If thats the stuff the players ***** about, then they are more entitled wusses than i could ever have imagined...id bet there hasnt been one pro athlete with a realistic grasp on life in like 30 years... spoiled rich brats...

I mean if it was something related to winning culture or workplace safety or something thats one thing.. its just bitching about amenities and super elite benefits

Art II is not a good owner. Living too much in the past. Continues to hold on to a slug HC forcing him on the fans when most know Tomlin is a fraud.
Bob Hillbilly Nutting is the worst owner not only in Pittsburgh but in all of sports.
Art really doesn’t share the passion that his father once did. He’s strictly a businessman and in it for the financial benefits of the game of which there are many.
Art is far too political and is afraid of how he’ll be perceived if he parts ways with Tomlin.
Nutting is just a hick boob that fell into a money pit and will never give up the golden goose.

Working conditions?
These over paid ***** are given free meals, locker room exclusive amenities and a high quality gym to excel at their job. Top notch access to medical needs.

**** football. Ungrateful **** heads.

If thats the stuff the players ***** about, then they are more entitled wusses than i could ever have imagined...id bet there hasnt been one pro athlete with a realistic grasp on life in like 30 years... spoiled rich brats...

I mean if it was something related to winning culture or workplace safety or something thats one thing.. its just bitching about amenities and super elite benefits
**** them. Hard to take this **** serious anymore

The Steelers don't provide daycare and a family room on gamedays? No wonder the players can't get motivated enough to win a playoff game.

The players are royalty. He only gets an F because his treatment of royalty is not up to royalty standards.

The players give Shades an A?
The hell you say.
The inmates like running the asylum?
Clutch my pearls.

And of course, the Deuce is an F.
He doesn't care about the team as much as his old man or grandpa.
His lack of passion for the sport/team shows in spades.

Was glad to see the trainers/nutritionists/medical staff get slapped around.
It'd be nice to have properly maintained athletes that don't break down for nonsensical things.
If the facilities and benefits (childcare, cafe food, etc) suck out loud then the players at least want an easy A work environment with a boss that is a buddy who doesn't hold anyone accountable...in walks Shades

Working conditions?
These over paid ***** are given free meals, locker room exclusive amenities and a high quality gym to excel at their job. Top notch access to medical needs.

It's all relative...sure they are treated better than detasslers, BUT...
Georgia (and many other college teams) have far superior facilities and staff
as do about 27 other NFL teams judging by the recent rating

so Players have been other places and realize how cheap deuce is
slow clap for Art "deuce" Brown not being last in the league
He is no longer worthy of the Rooney name
just worried about his bottom line/profit margins

when Tomlin is the shining star ya got organizational issues

having **** training facilities and trainers (or a lack therof) that leads to more injuries and shortened careers/earning potential is a bit of a workplace safety issue imo
Millionaires/entitled wusses don't take that shyte lightly

It's all relative...sure they are treated better than detasslers, BUT...
Georgia (and many other college teams) have far superior facilities and staff
as do about 27 other NFL teams judging by the recent rating

so Players have been other places and realize how cheap deuce is
slow clap for Art "deuce" Brown not being last in the league
He is no longer worthy of the Rooney name
just worried about his bottom line/profit margins

when Tomlin is the shining star ya got organizational issues
The thing is they have the proper necessities for them to do their job.

The things they seem to be complaining about are more luxury than necessity

Art is cheap because he knows his fan’s emotionally buy in. He’s going to make his $$$ regardless. I can agree with the players on that. But it’s hard for me to really respect and give any credence to someone making six figures to millions playing a game

having **** training facilities and trainers (or a lack therof) that leads to more injuries and shortened careers/earning potential is a bit of a workplace safety issue imo
Millionaires/entitled wusses don't take that shyte lightly
Didn’t the Steelers recently renovate their weight room.

Blame the trainers and strength coach for injuries . When players start dropping with similar injuries then that falls on the strength and conditioning staff. When it becomes a recurring injury then that falls on the medical trainers/coaches for rushing said player back.

…but that is the business. At least that’s what I’ve grown up believing. You want your best guys out there, win at all cost, rush back from injury etc.

Now these guys have been smartening up and collecting their $$$ and coasting by. I don’t have a real strong interest in pro sports anymore. With all this money involved, players unions etc. They are given everything needed to succeed.

Art II is not a good owner. Living too much in the past. Continues to hold on to a slug HC forcing him on the fans when most know Tomlin is a fraud.
Bob Hillbilly Nutting is the worst owner not only in Pittsburgh but in all of sports.
Art really doesn’t share the passion that his father once did. He’s strictly a businessman and in it for the financial benefits of the game of which there are many.
Art is far too political and is afraid of how he’ll be perceived if he parts ways with Tomlin.
Nutting is just a hick boob that fell into a money pit and will never give up the golden goose.
You may be right, I don't know. But my opinion is he is just more of an old school owner. We talk about Dan with reverence, rightly so, but he didn't kiss anyone's ***. That is the impression I get from these rankings...players just want their ***** kissed more. I think Art is more in line with his Dad and Grandfather more than we think. They negotiated hard but fair. They expected their players to be men. They come from a world where little kids and wives and girlfriends can stay home on game day and not be shown on TV after every damn play.

It's hard to taking whining from multimillionaires seriously.

What they should have is top notch nutrition and strength&conditioning programs. Players should be investing in themselves as well. It's part of your job as a professional athlete to keep your body it top conditioning year round.

You either accept some responsibility for yourself or maybe they should build it into every contract as part of your salary.

It will save on a ton of soft tissue injuries that are a direct result of lack of proper conditioning.

The NFL players union has to be one of the worst unions in history. They constantly get manipulated by the owners... they ***** about things like this, or smoking pot, or practice, tgen trade away millions of dollars in revenue in exchange for token meaningless concessions.

I really do believe most players are stupid and niave... Its why almost all of them end up bankrupt later in life.

This is probably the start of an nfl ploy to try to get another stadium out of the taxpayers... I keep hearing rumblings about that... I would campaign so hard against that... hell Id help pack the steelers up and ship them off to another city before they got one more dime out of the city or county...

This rich man entitlement makes me sick...

The NFL players union has to be one of the worst unions in history. They constantly get manipulated by the owners... they ***** about things like this, or smoking pot, or practice, tgen trade away millions of dollars in revenue in exchange for token meaningless concessions.

I really do believe most players are stupid and niave... Its why almost all of them end up bankrupt later in life.

This is probably the start of an nfl ploy to try to get another stadium out of the taxpayers... I keep hearing rumblings about that... I would campaign so hard against that... hell Id help pack the steelers up and ship them off to another city before they got one more dime out of the city or county...

This rich man entitlement makes me sick...

Most unions nowadays are nothing but extortionists and useless. And the owners have gotten greedy too. That's a whole new topic in itself. It's sports entertainment, with an emphasis on entertainment.

The biggest issue the NFL has is the amount of $$$ it's taking in and they're still looking to expand. It's ruined the product compared to the era that really built it, which was the 70's-80's.

Not a single dime of taxpayer money should go into stadiums, not without some ownership. The only thing fans get is ******* gouged throughout the whole process, from psl bs to concessions. They're always looking for more avenues to empty your pockets while putting out a mediocre product.

Reactions: GMC
Working conditions?

Don't forget a ping pong table also.

Sounds like they go heavy on Tomlin's salary and players but cheap on everything else. They sure as hell don't pay for quality assistants and just about **** at firing one and still have to pay. Several behind scenes people like two gloves strength coach that throws before games packed it this year.

The thing is they have the proper necessities for them to do their job.

The things they seem to be complaining about are more luxury than necessity

Art is cheap because he knows his fan’s emotionally buy in. He’s going to make his $$$ regardless. I can agree with the players on that. But it’s hard for me to really respect and give any credence to someone making six figures to millions playing a game
When 95 % of the other teams have these other benefits.......that simply means Rooney is cheap.

When 95 % of the other teams have these other benefits.......that simply means Rooney is cheap.
What’s the percentage of the population that makes six figures to millions a year playing a sport? Something like not even .2%

B2903AA1-6831-44E7-9BAE-FD6DF533A685.jpeg

Rooney could be cheap but the players are still making more than any average citizen will see in their lifetime.

If they don’t like their locker rooms or training facilities. I’ll happily trade jobs and salaries with any of them