• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nike

1. Nike running shoes suck. I buy Saucony.
2. Anyone can burn any of their belongings on their property, they paid for it, they can do damn well whatever they want. It affects me not.
3. I'm still protesting Target (tranny-bathroom issue), Disney (evil, family-destroying MFers), Starbucks (even though I've NEVER purchased their over-priced, over-hyped "coffee"... honest!), Dick's Sporting Goods, etc., and support Chik-Fil-A, Hobby Lobby, etc. These are just my personal boycotts, I don't compel anyone else to follow suit. I spend my money where I want it to go and don't spend it where I don't want it to go.
4:
Here’s what Gino Fisanotti, Nike vice president of brand for North America, told Rovell about the company’s ad campaign with Kaepernick: “We believe Colin is one of the most inspirational athletes of this generation, who has leveraged the power of sport to help move the world forward,”
Not sure Kaepernick has "inspired" the world to "move forward" in a way that brings people together. More divisive tactics, IMO, from a no-talent football player who continues to remain at the center of attention. Here we are on an NFL message board discussing this putz for the umpteenth time and he hasn't taken a football snap in how many years?

Starbucks coffee is terrible. I don't get what people like about it. Bitter. McDonalds has better coffee.

And again while some will boycott and hold to it... that number will be well under 1% of real customers... this is proven time and again that this stuff mostly all evens out in the wash over the 50/50 issues... some leave, some get on board... most don’t give a ****...

View attachment 4133

C'mon Tibs, dump your life's savings into Nike stock. Show support for one of your heroes.

Naw, wait until it finally blows over and Nike stock is as low as it’s going to get. Or wait until athletes and celebrities start wearing Nike in support and start a trend, which is what I’m thinking Nike was banking on.

It's just a simple way of saying "**** You, Nike."

The simple way of saying “**** You” Is to NOT BUY their products. Burning your **** afterwards is stupid, as mentioned above, they already have your money.

I rarely by sneakers/tennis shoes/whateverthefucktheyarecallednow, so it has little effect on me. plus I am cheap so, probably not buying Nike, anyway, although my last pair were Nike. I didn't actually "buy" those even though I did, actually, pay for them.

This does go in the bin of "if two pairs are similar in price, I would lean away from Nike". No telling what the other company is doing that I don't know about, though.

Or wait until athletes and celebrities start wearing Nike in support and start a trend, which is what I’m thinking Nike was banking on.

That's true, the wealthy elitists in Hollywood and uber-rich athletes will just start buying the **** out of Nike like they're literally burning money (all while preaching income equality & talking down those big bad wealthy conservatives).

I rarely by sneakers/tennis shoes/whateverthefucktheyarecallednow, so it has little effect on me. plus I am cheap so, probably not buying Nike, anyway, although my last pair were Nike. I didn't actually "buy" those even though I did, actually, pay for them.

This does go in the bin of "if two pairs are similar in price, I would lean away from Nike". No telling what the other company is doing that I don't know about, though.

I doubt my $60 every 5-6 years will hurt Nike, at all.

I have been an Adidas guy for awhile. Nothing against really any shoe manufacturer, I prefer their look and feel.

It's just a simple way of saying "**** You, Nike."

While I agree with the "**** You, Nike" sentiment, I think a more appropriate response, is to (if the shoes are in good shape), donate them to someone needy who can't afford newer shoes. That way you're helping somebody, and Nike's still not getting another dime for it.

The reality is most boycotts don’t work at all when it comes to damaging a company economically.

Nope.

5fa.jpg

G7MSGUHSXBHXDJG2RY3EYAP6AE.jpg

I wonder how the NFL, who is in a lawsuit with piece of Kraep, feels about this slap to the face by Nike. How much does Nike make with their NFL apparel contract?

I wonder how the NFL, who is in a lawsuit with piece of Kraep, feels about this slap to the face by Nike. How much does Nike make with their NFL apparel contract?

Not sure but I heard their contract runs through 2028.

I'm actually fine with this.

This is what business is about and I believe in the rights of companies to make these decisions, for better or worse.

Let's face it... I haven't been a Nike target customer for about 25 years. This is a blatant attempt to target a demographic that has drunk the kool-aid that Kapernick is a pariah, black lives matter advocate that lost his job because he took a stand against cop vs. black crime.

I don't agree with his position. I don't agree with how he chose to bring attention to it. I don't think his lack of employment has to do with this as much as his poor on-field play and limited fit in modern NFL offensive systems (especially as a backup, which is what position he is applying for).

But if Nike wants to go down this rabbit hole, go for it. The fact many here bought into the debate is reason enough for them to probably do it. No one has mentioned "Nike" in the news in about 6 months. This is just click bait. A purely business decision to be controversial and draw attention to themselves because any press is good press.

If you have watched any commercials in the past year, you have noticed a large % now how some sort of political message. It’s isually something generic about equality or it’s a big company trying to pretend they are just a small mom and pop that got luck and made it big so you should buy from them because they aren’t like the other evil capitalist companies.

Marketing is all about research. It is also almost always about reaching the younger generation because they are the ones who typically will either piss their money away because they don’t have any real bills to pay yet. Or they will nag their parents to buy them things they see and like.

The education system has been endoctrinating for many years now and they finally have a full crop of young people who believe that America is bad, capitalism is evil, and anything in opposition to those 2 things is inherently good and wise.

Simply put, millennials are suckers for anything that seems like a protest. They can’t wait to hashtag it out to virtue signal the world what a great person they are.

Here’s the problem though. They are also proven to be hypocrites. What millennials say on social media and what they do are often not the same.

Polls of all sorts are now wrong a lot of the time. It’s because of how the left uses political correctness to shut people down or worse. People who do not hold the accepted PC view have gotten in the habit of being quiet or lying to avoid a hassle or even repercussions.

That’s why the media thought Hillary would win a landslide but people were alone in the booth and voted Trump. The same may happen to Nike. It may poll as popular but it’s real easy to buy those Adidas or Sketchers instead of the Nikes and many people will do just that.

I miss good Nike commercials

How much does the NFL make from Nike sponsorship? Likely part of the same agreement.

My kid , and his friends, are keeping Under Armour in business. They better not screw up, or I am ******.