• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nike

Nike forgot what Michael Jordan said, "Republicans buy sneakers too."

I have a pair of Nikes I bought about 5 years ago. I wear them when I have to work outside. I prefer Asics-they have a better insole and give my feet better support. I don't have any other Nike stuff- their workout apparel is over priced- I can go to Wal Mart and get what I need for 1/2 the price. So a boycott from me is about as effective as Stevie Wonder judging a beauty contest.

I have a pair of Nikes I bought about 5 years ago. I wear them when I have to work outside. I prefer Asics-they have a better insole and give my feet better support. I don't have any other Nike stuff- their workout apparel is over priced- I can go to Wal Mart and get what I need for 1/2 the price. So a boycott from me is about as effective as Stevie Wonder judging a beauty contest.

Stevie would do ok if he was allowed to feel them up with his hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

My kid , and his friends, are keeping Under Armour in business. They better not screw up, or I am ******.

Under Amour is the **** though. The underwear is as comfy as it gets and lasts forever.

Now that's a concept I could embrace.

Judging a beauty contest by braille...hmmm

I'm an adidas guy.

I have a few pieces of nike attire. Kaep is not gonna force me to burn my stuff though

I was looking in my closet last night. I only have two Nike things: a golf shirt and a duffel bag. I'll add them to the Goodwill pile. (those two will surely be worth $1500 on my tax return)

Taya Kyle (who has a remarkable rack and is the wife of sniper Chris Kyle) b-slaps Nike:

Nike, I love your gear, but you exhaust my spirit on this one. Your new ad with Colin Kapernick, I get the message, but that sacrificing everything thing…. It just doesn’t play out here. Sacrificing what exactly? A career? I’ve done that both times I chose to stay home and be with my kids instead of continuing my business climb… and it wasn’t sacrificing everything. It was sacrificing one career and some money and it was because of what I believe in and more importantly, who I believe in.

At best, that is all Colin sacrificed… some money and it’s debatable if he really lost his career over it. Maybe he sacrificed the respect of some people while he gained the respect of others. Or maybe he used one career to springboard himself into a different career when the first was waning. I don’t know. What I do know is, he gained popularity and magazine covers he likely wouldn’t have gotten without getting on his knees or as you say, “believing in something.” I’m also thinking the irony is that while I am not privy to the numbers, it’s likely he gained a lucrative Nike contract. So yeah… that whole “sacrificing everything” is insulting to those who really have sacrificed everything.

You want to talk about someone in the NFL sacrificing everything? Pat Tillman. NFL STARTING, not benched, player who left to join the Army and died for it. THAT is sacrificing everything for something you believe in.

How about other warriors? Warriors who will not be on magazine covers, who will not get lucrative contracts and millions of followers from their actions and who have truly sacrificed everything. They did it because they believed in something. Take it from me, when I say they sacrificed everything, they also sacrificed the lives of their loved ones who will never be the same. THAT is sacrificing everything for something they believe in.

Did you get us talking? Yeah, you did. But, your brand recognition was strong enough. Did you teach the next generation of consumers about true grit? Not that I can see.

Taking a stand, or rather a knee, against the flag which has covered the caskets of so many who actually did sacrifice everything for something they believe in, that we all believe in? Well, the irony of your ad..it almost leaves me speechless. Were you trying to be insulting?

Maybe you are banking on the fact we won’t take the time to see your lack of judgement in using words that just don’t fit. Maybe you are also banking on us not seeing Nike as kneeling before the flag. Or maybe you want us to see you exactly that way. I don’t know. All I know is, I was actually in the market for some new kicks and at least for now, I’ve never been more grateful for Under Armour.

some of my Steeler shirts are Nike. My Steeler polo is one of my fav shirts. Would never get rid of it. I have one pair of shoes that I pull out maybe once a year. Orange and black don't go with much. I paid for them, not burning my crap. Might as well burn your money, too.

Don't currently own anything Nike, but this will factor in any future purchases.
Asics, Sketchers, and Salomon for me.

Nope.

5fa.jpg

G7MSGUHSXBHXDJG2RY3EYAP6AE.jpg

Literally i just read a **** ton on this... there is sometimes an initial hot, but it wears off quickly... people for the most part don’t give a ****...

I have a ton of Nike stuff. Won’t be burning it, but this will factor into my future decisions.

And for every person here who swears off nike there will be someone on the other side of the political spectrum who embraces them over it... and lets be real... how many people even have cared about nike in the last two decades? Everyone is talking about them... they get a handful of people pissed but endear themselve to a different group and get a **** ton of publicity for all the people who think both the anthem kneeling and the crying about it is just nonsense... which, as always, the middle is the majority...

You’ve probably already heard about Nikes new Colin Kaepernick ad campaign. “Believe in something. Even if it costs you everything.”

We have rehashed the whole Kaep situation, so my question ....will this be a successful move for Nike?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...ting-plenty-of-reaction/ar-BBMQ298?li=BBnb7Kz

I won't buy Nike again, but their target market of people that purchase high priced sneakers might.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ck-ad-backlash-getting-absolutely-killed.html

I won't buy Nike again, but their target market of people that purchase high priced sneakers might.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ck-ad-backlash-getting-absolutely-killed.html

Exactly....

Now the one thing that may disrail all of this is if Nike set this up from the get go... in which case Kap goes from progressive hero to money grubbing jackass who used a movement to get paid.... then you lose from both sides and its a bad pr move... as it sits though, its pretty smart on their end

Yes it’s funny that Nike wants to make it known that they’re against injustice and oppression..... while at the same time they have 12 year-olds in third world countries stitching their shoes together for 18 hours a day for 80 cents an hour. They’re as full of **** as Steve Jobs was.... projecting themselves as bastions of the progressive movement, when in reality they’re just as ******* greedy and indifferent as the people folks of their ilk ***** about. What a ******* joke!!!!

Pretty good commercial, but the whole time I kept thinking, WTF does any of this have to do with protesting the national anthem? A whole lot of nothing. To me it's all about how anything is possible in this great country.

Yes it’s funny that Nike wants to make it known that they’re against injustice and oppression..... while at the same time they have 12 year-olds in third world countries stitching their shoes together for 18 hours a day for 80 cents an hour. They’re as full of **** as Steve Jobs was.... projecting themselves as bastions of the progressive movement, when in reality they’re just as ******* greedy and indifferent as the people folks of their ilk ***** about. What a ******* joke!!!!

An uber progressive friend of mine posted a comic about that on Facebook lol

Pretty good commercial, but the whole time I kept thinking, WTF does any of this have to do with protesting the national anthem?

Nobody's been protesting the national anthem. Not Kaepernick, nor any of the other players. They are not protesting the national anthem, and never were.

Nobody's been protesting the national anthem. Not Kaepernick, nor any of the other players. They are not protesting the national anthem, and never were.

No they are just protesting racist America......that made them filthy rich.

jenner.jpg

I remember when it all started and the SJW's were calling out the anthem. The 2nd verse is apparently racist.