• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nike

You see it your way, I see it mine Tibs. I will never be convinced that it is not a slap in the face of the country.

Nobody's been protesting the national anthem. Not Kaepernick, nor any of the other players. They are not protesting the national anthem, and never were.

Semantics.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game.

Like I said, the commercial he is starring in seems to make the point that whether you are disadvantaged or disabled or a person of color you can do anything you dream of doing. It's a wonderful message but I'm not sure how that squares with his supposed protest that this is a country that oppresses people of color.

Time to start blowing up your Ford trucks. When will this ever end?

DmQlygwU8AAa25U.jpg:large

https://money.cnn.com/2017/09/25/news/ford-nfl-protests/index.html

Like I said, the commercial he is starring in seems to make the point that whether you are disadvantaged or disabled or a person of color you can do anything you dream of doing. It's a wonderful message but I'm not sure how that squares with his supposed protest that this is a country that oppresses people of color.

As with almost every other doctrine Liberals live and die by today, it makes no logical sense. There is no rhyme or reason, only anger and outrage, mostly at white America.

Geez, the free speech crap again. It's as much about free speech as the illegal aliens problem is about legal immigrants.

Did he wear his pig socks,Che Guevara t-shirt and praise Castro in the commercial? Nike is stupid. Nothing to be gained by any of it. No unity at all. This is a losing battle with this type of message. And it always will be.

Did Nike give a raise to those folks they pay 20 cents a day and work 70-80 hours a week to make their overpriced bullshit? What a joke. Some days I just want to just turn my TV off for good. I can't wait to see what society morphs into in the next 10 years. I'm pumped!

Trump_31.jpg

Ford sucks anyway.....so moot point.

I was all in on Ford when they didn't take the buyout money. It's disappointing that they are joining the mob that is painting this as a free speech issue. What Kaepernick did has nothing to do with anything that makes America great. Ford should have just stayed silent on it.

Last edited:
The message is great, but Nike was looking at Kaep as a martyr. On one hand, what he started, made awareness to has an impact. You don't cause all of this unrest unless there is something going on that needs addressed. I give him high kudos for standing up(or kneeling) for what he believes and that's what the ad and commercial represents. All the political crap behind it is quite nuts.

Marketing and branding is different than national values. The proof is that both Nike and Trump (the business) understand that their marketing appeals to a significant part of the population.
Folks ought to separate this from politics.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Steeler Nation mobile app

The lease on my Lincoln is up in 6 months. I will be going elsewhere.

Never had good luck with Fords. They always ended up crapping out after a year or two.

Marketing and branding is different than national values. The proof is that both Nike and Trump (the business) understand that their marketing appeals to a significant part of the population.
Folks ought to separate this from politics.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Steeler Nation mobile app

That guy us no longer a football player. He's a political activist who judging by his actions is very far left in that commie Marxist realm. They are intertwined now. Whatever floats your boat. I go with cost anyway. So if Reebok is cheaper, I'll go with them or any other company that's in the price range. Levi's will be next with that gun control bs they're doing. The great thing about free markets and competition is you can go buy someone elses stuff. Easy choice when you take things beyond the product and into a place you have no business in.

Reactions: MTC
'American Sniper' Wife Breaks Silence, Pens BLISTERING Letter to Nike, Kaepernick

In a open letter published on Facebook, Kyle blasted Nike for the “sacrifice everything” language used in the Kaepernick ad. She is more than justified in her disgust as a widow who knows the true meaning of sacrifice.

“Nike, I love your gear, but you exhaust my spirit on this one. Your new ad with Colin Kaepernick, I get the message, but that sacrificing everything thing…. It just doesn’t play out here. Sacrificing what exactly? A career? I’ve done that both times I chose to stay home and be with my kids instead of continuing my business climb… and it wasn’t sacrificing everything. It was sacrificing one career and some money and it was because of what I believe in and more importantly, who I believe in.
At best, that is all Colin sacrificed… some money and it’s debatable if he really lost his career over it. Maybe he sacrificed the respect of some people while he gained the respect of others. Or maybe he used one career to springboard himself into a different career when the first was waning. I don’t know. What I do know is, he gained popularity and magazine covers he likely wouldn’t have gotten without getting on his knees or as you say, “believing in something.” I’m also thinking the irony is that while I am not privy to the numbers, it’s likely he gained a lucrative Nike contract. So yeah… that whole “sacrificing everything” is insulting to those who really have sacrificed everything.

You want to talk about someone in the NFL sacrificing everything? Pat Tillman. NFL STARTING, not benched, player who left to join the Army and died for it. THAT is sacrificing everything for something you believe in.

How about other warriors? Warriors who will not be on magazine covers, who will not get lucrative contracts and millions of followers from their actions and who have truly sacrificed everything. They did it because they believed in something. Take it from me, when I say they sacrificed everything, they also sacrificed the lives of their loved ones who will never be the same. THAT is sacrificing everything for something they believe in.

Did you get us talking? Yeah, you did. But, your brand recognition was strong enough. Did you teach the next generation of consumers about true grit? Not that I can see.

Taking a stand, or rather a knee, against the flag which has covered the caskets of so many who actually did sacrifice everything for something they believe in, that we all believe in? Well, the irony of your ad..it almost leaves me speechless. Were you trying to be insulting?

https://www.updateamerica.com/ameri...nce_pens_blistering_letter_to_nike_kaepernick

Nice...

The College of the Ozarks, a private Christian school in Point Lookout, Missouri, that competes in sports at the NAIA level, said it will remove all uniforms purchased from Nike that contain the brand’s logo.

Last year, the college added a stipulation to competition contracts, saying it would walk away from any game where the opposing team takes a knee, sits or turns its back on the flag or anthem.

“If Nike is ashamed of America, we are ashamed of them,” College of the Ozarks President Jerry C. Davis said in a statement. “We also believe that those who know what sacrifice is all about are more likely to be wearing a military uniform than an athletic uniform.”

Reactions: MTC
Lol. Nike messed up.
Read they took a loss

That guy us no longer a football player. He's a political activist who judging by his actions is very far left in that commie Marxist realm. They are intertwined now. Whatever floats your boat. I go with cost anyway. So if Reebok is cheaper, I'll go with them or any other company that's in the price range. Levi's will be next with that gun control bs they're doing. The great thing about free markets and competition is you can go buy someone elses stuff. Easy choice when you take things beyond the product and into a place you have no business in.

If nike's are comfy I'd wear them. Haven't purchased nike in forever aside from steelers stuff.
Adidas ortho shoes and their general cross training footwear suit me better.

I'm an adidas guy. If it makes you feel better, adidas owns reebok.
So same garments, non adidas logo. That's all. Reebok is cheap.