• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Now that the ATL sugar high is over, does anyone else think that there's a distinct possibility that we will lose the next 6 games?

So what is there to support that it would be worse?
For one, our schedule is more difficult than last season. I know some like to perpetuate the myth that we only lose to sh*tty teams, but as shown earlier in this thread, that's not the case. We do decent when playing within the AFC North. Other than that, it's dicey to say the least.
We all are well versed in the pattern of Mike Tomlin.

But the depth is generally better this year for the most part. The Oline is more talented. Smith is an upgrade over Canada.

WR is a problem area. We all see what Wilson brings to that room soon.

Other than that what is that much of a concern that it points to the season being worse than last?
We would hope that Smith is better than Canada but how much remains to be seen. Personally, I'm not expecting much of an upgrade.

Our WR room is one of the weakest in the league. We have Pickens and a bunch of guys who aren't Brandon Aiyuk. Doesn't sound like a recipe for success in an offensively driven league.

Wilson is well past his prime and already being injured doesn't bode well. DEN couldn't get rid of him fast enough and since "cheap" is our ownership's middle name, that's what we got. We can hope that Fields improves, but as of now, he's another CHI reject that can't read a defense to save his life.

And despite being well versed on Numb Nuts, it can't be understated just how much he is holding this franchise back. Until our ownership prioritizes winning over liberal politics, our ceiling will remain right around .500. He isn't the guy. He wasn't the guy. It's b*llshit that he's still here.

Steelers Audio Network, formerly Steeler Nation Radio, Direct from Williamson and Lolley as well as Starks, King and Wolfley.
Could you transcribe the exact quote that Wilson made to this supposed citation that you provided? Thanks.

WK 2 Broncos - We've always sucked as* against AFC West teams, we play down to sh*tty teams, and Payton is a better coach than the guy our ownership handcuffs us to. I like DEN by 8.

WK 3 Chargers - If we had ownership that cared about winning and quit extending a certain ineffective "coach", we'd have this Justin instead of the one we got. Also, Harbaugh > Tomlin. LA by a bunch.

WK 4 Colts - They barely came up short against HOU. Anthony Richardson looks like the real deal. Anyone else see that 60 yard bomb? I see him making a couple of big plays while Russell Willow opts to continue sitting out so he can nurse a hangnail before him and Ciara's next red carpet visit. Indy by 10.

WK 5 Cowboys - They invest in a high caliber QB and receivers. We trade away our star WRs without a plan and prefer to be "loyal" to well-past-their-prime-over-the-hill defensive lineman. I see Dallas running away with this one. At least 12 points.

WK 6 Raiders: They suck and they're an AFC West team. That'll prove to be too much for Tomlin. Las Vegas by 6.

WK 7 Jets - NY has a HOF QB, good WRs, a good running game, AND effective coaching. Despite no playoff success in nearly a decade, AND this being an offensive minded league, our ownership issued ANOTHER 3 year extension to our supposed defensive minded "coach", and we cleared our QB room so we could take on 2 other guys who weren't good enough elsewhere. Don't be surprised if your local network starts airing a more competitive game at the beginning of the 3rd quarter.

Fandom aside, does anyone else have a similar 6 week outlook?
I don't know who you are but thank you

As for football, we haven't even seen the team yet outside of a huge road win with backup QB in Week 1 that made us division leaders

Get back to you on Monday

Another 3lb. air drop of Peyote, just catch it this time instead of letting it go poof on impact.

Salute the nation
Yeah bro
I totally pulled a Limas Sweed on that last batch

The 3 black bear cubs that hang out in the forest out back are having a helluva time tho
Thought I saw them square dancing and doing hand stands…**** was crazy

Imma George Pickens this batch tho!

Just when ya think you’ve seen it all a new moron emerges from the pack

Guess whose back, back again
Back door bob
Warn your friends

Ahhh.... the dawn of a new football season... the summer fades to fall and the gimperpillers hibernating all offseason emerge from their kook-oons and descend on unsuspecting forums to devour threads and bandwidth....

Thats right Troll season has opened here on Steelernation.. happy hunting to yinze all!

Yeah bro
I totally pulled a Limas Sweed on that last batch

The 3 black bear cubs that hang out in the forest out back are having a helluva time tho
Thought I saw them square dancing and doing hand stands…**** was crazy

Imma George Pickens this batch tho!

Legend of the dancing bear…………

Salute the nation

Could you transcribe the exact quote that Wilson made to this supposed citation that you provided? Thanks.
Why don't you listen to yourself and get real insider information on the team daily. Not just stupid takes by idiots trying to generate clicks. iHeart radio has every broadcast. You might actually learn something, but I seriously doubt you have the mental capacity. You almost make Lloyd tolerable by comparison.

Why don't you listen to yourself and get real insider information on the team daily. Not just stupid takes by idiots trying to generate clicks. iHeart radio has every broadcast. You might actually learn something, but I seriously doubt you have the mental capacity. You almost make Lloyd tolerable by comparison.

Can you provide citations and footnotes to corroborate your assertions?
Thx! 😜 🤣

It's more apples and apples than some of you are trying to make believe or "be positive" about. Our 2 "new" QBs are other team's discarded rejects. One is unable to read a defense and the other is a well-past-his-prime prima donna who is currently sitting out because he's only feeling 98%. Let's not act as if our new OC is a Bruce Arians. We were kicking field goals with Canaderr too. We wouldn't go for someone of Arians' caliber because we're too cheap and our lifetime coach doesn't want someone smarter than him. This has been proven countless times over. If I recall correctly, the vast majority were claiming that we had a top 5 defense over the past couple of seasons. That didn't take us beyond 9 wins. Oh, and our top tier ownership gave another 3 year extension to numb nuts because he values certain things more than winning. So, forgive me if I'm "failing to see" this amazing improvement that's coming our way this 2024 season.
1. The only thing you are "failing to see" are the facts. Educate yourself before parroting other idiots stating top 5 defense as fact in a delusional attempt of proclaiming you know best. The Steelers were not remotely a top 5 defense.
2. It's obvious to anyone with a brain who has watched the past 2 seasons with Kenny Russ doesn't need to be in his prime and Justin doesn't need to be a remotely good QB to be an "amazing improvement"

Kenny VS the "Discarded rejects"

2022-2023 stats

Kenny 4765 yards 17 TD

Justin 6604 yards 45 TD

Russell 7212 Yards 48 TD

How bout them apples?

1. The only thing you are "failing to see" are the facts. Educate yourself before parroting other idiots stating top 5 defense as fact in a delusional attempt of proclaiming you know best. The Steelers were not remotely a top 5 defense.
2. It's obvious to anyone with a brain who has watched the past 2 seasons with Kenny Russ doesn't need to be in his prime and Justin doesn't need to be a remotely good QB to be an "amazing improvement"

Kenny VS the "Discarded rejects"

2022-2023 stats

Kenny 4765 yards 17 TD

Justin 6604 yards 45 TD

Russell 7212 Yards 48 TD

How bout them apples?
Your apples seem a bit rotten. According to you, one athlete not sucking as badly as another athlete is indicative of "major improvement". Could you provide us with the measuring tool that you utilized to determine what you view as major improvement, vs some improvement, vs little improvement, etc.? It's important that we establish a baseline.

With regard to me "failing to see the facts", the only problem is that your facts AREN'T based on reality. THIS is why citations are important. It prevents those from fabricating stats in an attempt to bolster, what is likely, their non-existent argument. Per https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FielJu00.htm Faileds had 33 TDs combined between the 2022 and 2023 seasons. He threw for just over 4800 yards. I'm not sure why you needed to misrepresent the facts, if not blatantly lie. Please advise.

Russ had 42 touchdowns between the 2022 and 2023 season.. He threw for almost 6600 yards. Again, why would you need to misrepresent the facts if your truth is built on such a strong foundation? Is lying just a hobby for you?

As info, these stats where also compared against the stats reflected on espn.com. If truth and accuracy are important to you, I would strongly recommend conducting a fact check on anything this member says going forward.

Thanks.

^^ This is typical of what one will resort to when the facts aren't on one's side.
Yinz seem like the highly intelligent type Ba Ba Ba Ba Bob borann. So tell me. I am racing, I am in second place you pass me up. What place are you in?

Yinz seem like the highly intelligent type Ba Ba Ba Ba Bob borann. So tell me. I am racing, I am in second place you pass me up. What place are you in?

LAST, need I say more……….. ? (He was lapped by the leader……. And you just took a pit stop)

Salute the nation

Colin Cowherd Has Broncos Beating Pittsburgh, Says Steelers Offense Last Year Was Better

https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...h-says-steelers-offense-last-year-was-better/