• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

OLB's are the real problem on this Defense.....

OLB's on this Defense are a complete disgrace with the exception of James Harrison who is barely seeing any play time compared to Uncle Jarvis who IMO doesn't even deserve a roster spot on this defense! JUST PATHETIC!

Through Six Games
Jarvis Jones 14 tackles 7 Asst 1 INT 0 SACKS
Arthur Moats 5 tackles 6 Assts 1.5 Sacks
Anthony Chickillo 9 Tackles 2 Assts 1 Sack
James Harrison 12 tackles 3 Assts 0 Sacks 1 INT

You need to look no further than this to see where the weakness lies for the Pittsburgh Steelers. They need someone to step up at the OLB position!

I don't know if moving Shazier to OLB is an option but I think the Steelers could afford to move Shazier to OLB because we are pretty solid in the middle with Timmons and Williams. Even Matekevich played pretty well today on the inside. 8 tackles in one quarter of play.

Uncle Jarvis cannot play at a high level in the NFL. He's just another guy out there. Never be a pass rusher and never be disruptive.
Moats is what he is, a career backup for a reason. Not starter material in the NFL.
Chicky is just a guy. Maybe a solid back-up but not a starter.
James is too damn old. Been a great Steeler but its time.
Bud Dupree is our only hope for a true premier pass rusher.
Shazier just cannot stay healthy. Very good when he plays but that's the problem. When he plays.
Timmons has lost a couple steps and really playing the string out with the Steelers. Way too slow to make a difference any longer
Vince Williams is a solid run defender and like him better at this point than Timmons.
Big Red is a tough kid that's not too athletic but has plenty of heart and I'll take that over this so called athleticism from some of the others. He's a gritty football player and will dig in and do whatever it takes.

Not too encouraging for the future and looks like another first round Linebacker taken again.

Jarvis Jones has 5 career ******* sacks I believe, 5!

Tom, yes its incredible . Uncle Jarvis is a ******* joke and was picked what #17? I think you're correct on the sack total though. The guy just cannot play at this level.

Should of traded up for Mingo

We need Big Bud back and hope like hell he's ready to play.

right now it is what it is. My head will explode if/when they give jarvis a new contract worth more than what Moats earns

The other thing we don't know is how many of the guys that were on the field were dinged up as well. Right now the team is 4 and 2 and still in first place in the division. First place gets a playoff spot. The team could get some guys back and get them healthy towards the end of the season and have a strong team in the playoffs. They could also fail miserably. It is very early in the season and so far the games that were lost only count as one each, same as the games they won. We still get to play 5 more division games that will help us control our destiny. We need to play the cheats next week with our team beat up but who knows how that will go at this point. It will be a home game for the steelers and should cut down on some of the cheating done by the cheatriots and Belisleeze and company. The zebras will try and stick it to us I am sure, with kraft and goodell sharing some time for the game. Lets hope dem steelers can stick it to the cheaters.

The other thing we don't know is how many of the guys that were on the field were dinged up as well. Right now the team is 4 and 2 and still in first place in the division. First place gets a playoff spot. The team could get some guys back and get them healthy towards the end of the season and have a strong team in the playoffs. They could also fail miserably. It is very early in the season and so far the games that were lost only count as one each, same as the games they won. We still get to play 5 more division games that will help us control our destiny. We need to play the cheats next week with our team beat up but who knows how that will go at this point. It will be a home game for the steelers and should cut down on some of the cheating done by the cheatriots and Belisleeze and company. The zebras will try and stick it to us I am sure, with kraft and goodell sharing some time for the game. Lets hope dem steelers can stick it to the cheaters.

lulz

maybe

no, the real problem is the GM. terrible misses on draft picks...

They need to find pass rushers, whether OLBs or DEs, doesn't matter. Say Dupree turns out and they find a DE pass rusher. You move them around and find ways to get the QB, see Denver and (choke) NE*.

right now it is what it is. My head will explode if/when they give jarvis a new contract worth more than what Moats earns

Wait until they franchise tag him.... this place will erupt....

Its a two headed monster making the picks in Colbert and Tomlin. Some great finds particularly at WR and RB, some solid finds in Cam and Tuitt, Shazier if he could only stay on the field, and Bud Dupree but a lot of what the **** picks. Quality depth not there and free agent pick ups the few we do get, not that special anymore.

Big Red is a tough kid that's not too athletic but has plenty of heart and I'll take that over this so called athleticism from some of the others. He's a gritty football player and will dig in and do whatever it takes.

He might be essentially better than the high draft picks if he can stay on the field for the whole season.

Tom, yes its incredible . Uncle Jarvis is a ******* joke and was picked what #17? I think you're correct on the sack total though. The guy just cannot play at this level.

giphy.gif

Jarvis Jones illustrates his patented pass-rushing technique,
designed to dominate the offensive tackle.