• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

OMG OMG OMG The lack of respect. The lack of professionalism. OMG OMG OMG

Oh. Californian.
Should have just said you were Canuckian. Would have gotten more respect

Yeah I know especially in this forum. But seriously just because I came here while in the military and stayed doesn't make me a left leaning liberal. I know its kind of all in fun but you guys love to pile on about California. This state has provided me with a **** of a lot more than PA was going to when I left and ever since. I was a pretty successful contractor until the downturn in the late 2008/09 time period then I got a gov't job that is going to give me a good pension with excellent benefits when I retire. This place isn't all illegals and snowflakes.

Reactions: MTC
Yeah I know especially in this forum. But seriously just because I came here while in the military and stayed doesn't make me a left leaning liberal. I know its kind of all in fun but you guys love to pile on about California. This state has provided me with a **** of a lot more than PA was going to when I left and ever since. I was a pretty successful contractor until the downturn in the late 2008/09 time period then I got a gov't job that is going to give me a good pension with excellent benefits when I retire. This place isn't all illegals and snowflakes.

If it works for you and you thrive then keep on keeping on

I have a cousin who's a Marine. He lives in LA.
Loves it there but hates the left leaning *******.

Make sure to hold onto your US Citizenship when Snowflakifornia secedes from the Union.

Make sure to hold onto your US Citizenship when Snowflakifornia secedes from the Union.

**** you *******! You're just a ******* Dick and the next time you have something of value to add to a post, it will be the first time.

Last edited:
Believe me Supe, he is not alone Dude.

Definitely not alone. And while I enjoy a good part of California (San Diego, Palm Springs and desert area, Northern Cal, Sierras etc.), LA is an absolute shithole. Totally overpopulated, everybody hates everybody and the traffic is the worst in the world probably (minus third world countries).

Definitely not alone. And while I enjoy a good part of California (San Diego, Palm Springs and desert area, Northern Cal, Sierras etc.), LA is an absolute shithole. Totally overpopulated, everybody hates everybody and the traffic is the worst in the world probably (minus third world countries).

You are correct about that. It's why I have chosen to live here in NorCal. Love the northern coast, redwoods and the Sierra. I travel to LA for work occasionally and it sucks down there. I don't even rent a car, just Uber my rides to and from the airport, hotel and hearing location since I'm there to testify. California really is like 2 or even 3 different states.

What, you think I don't pay those ******* taxes too?

Uhhhhh ... you don't really think that your contribution "levels out" the ****-ton of wages, benefits, retirement, etc. that you get, do you?

You get $140,000 in salary and benefits from the State. You pay $30,000 in taxes, including $6,000 state taxes. Net loss to the non-government taxpayers - $134,000 of state funds.

I, on the other hand, paid $97,000 last year in Fed and State taxes, including $24,000 state. Money I received from the state?

ZERO.

Net benefit to the state taxpayers - $24,000 to the good.

You do understand this basic concept, don't you??

Parts of LA are ******* gorgeous - northern San Fernando Valley, with horse trails, hiking trails, parks, etc.

That's where I live.

No different than Pittsburgh. Parts of the city are indescribably gorgeous, and other parts ... are not.

Parts of LA are ******* gorgeous - northern San Fernando Valley, with horse trails, hiking trails, parks, etc.

True. And the Pasadena area & some of the foothill towns are really nice too. Should have amended that, not all of LA is a shithole.

**** you *******! You're just a ******* Dick and the next time you have something of value to add to a post, it will be the first time.

Woah, seriously? If you couldn't see the humor in what I was posting, then the *******'s on you.

EDIT: let me come back and spell it out for you. You live in California. Thus you are a US Citizen. Many Californians want to secede from the union. If they do, they'll no longer be US Citizens - you included. California is full of snowflakes. So I nicknamed it Snowflakifornia. Thus - I'm recommending, for your own good, if Snowflakifornia secedes from the union, it would be a good idea to keep your citizenship/dual citizenship. Get it? Nothing in that should be construed as an insult to you.

Last edited:
Uhhhhh ... you don't really think that your contribution "levels out" the ****-ton of wages, benefits, retirement, etc. that you get, do you?

You get $140,000 in salary and benefits from the State. You pay $30,000 in taxes, including $6,000 state taxes. Net loss to the non-government taxpayers - $134,000 of state funds.

I, on the other hand, paid $97,000 last year in Fed and State taxes, including $24,000 state. Money I received from the state?

ZERO.

Net benefit to the state taxpayers - $24,000 to the good.

You do understand this basic concept, don't you??
Unless he's making millions, who are you to decide if his contribution "levels out". Never understood why average Joe's want other average Joe's to make less money.

Sent from my Pixel using Steeler Nation mobile app

Unless he's making millions, who are you to decide if his contribution "levels out". Never understood why average Joe's want other average Joe's to make less money.

I presume you are joking.

Seriously, by definition, he takes home a lot more in income, benefits, retirement, etc. than he pays in taxes.

Where does the rest of his salary and benefits come from? The taxpayer, i.e., me.

The thing where government employees say, "Yeah, I pay taxes too" is absurd, as it suggest that their income and benefits are not a drain on the public treasury. Government employees are extremely well-compensated, and receive medical insurance, retirement, sick leave, vacation, etc. that basically none of us in private industry will ever see.

I presume you are joking.

Seriously, by definition, he takes home a lot more in income, benefits, retirement, etc. than he pays in taxes.

Where does the rest of his salary and benefits come from? The taxpayer, i.e., me.

The thing where government employees say, "Yeah, I pay taxes too" is absurd, as it suggest that their income and benefits are not a drain on the public treasury. Government employees are extremely well-compensated, and receive medical insurance, retirement, sick leave, vacation, etc. that basically none of us in private industry will ever see.

What, should he pay 50% in taxes just because he works for the government? Why shouldn't he get a retirement plan, a vacation, paid sick time. All things you get with a quality career.

Somebody has to work for the government right? You want them to all live at the poverty line I see.

What, should he pay 50% in taxes just because he works for the government? Why shouldn't he get a retirement plan, a vacation, paid sick time.

Because it is the taxpayer's money. Don't be stupid - government employees get vastly overpaid, with asinine benefits, while those who carry the freight - the taxpayer - get ****** with higher and higher taxes.

federal-worker-pay-2015-1.gif

benefits_16551_image001.png

The lucrative pay and benefits to California government workers has led to a financial meltdown in this state, which will hit in the next 10 years.

CalPERS-retirees.jpg

pension%20graphics

With the stroke of a pen, California Gov. Gray Davis signed legislation that gave prison guards, park rangers, Cal State professors and other state employees the kind of retirement security normally reserved for the wealthy.

More than 200,000 civil servants became eligible to retire at 55 — and in many cases collect more than half their highest salary for life. California Highway Patrol officers could retire at 50 and receive as much as 90% of their peak pay for as long as they lived. This series is a partnership of Proponents sold the measure in 1999 with the promise that it would impose no new costs on California taxpayers. The state employees’ pension fund, they said, would grow fast enough to pay the bill in full.

They were off — by billions of dollars — and taxpayers will bear the consequences for decades to come.

This year, state employee pensions will cost taxpayers $5.4 billion, according to the Department of Finance. That’s more than the state will spend on environmental protection, fighting wildfires and the emergency response to the drought combined.

And it’s more than 30 times what the state paid for retirement benefits in 2000, before the effects of the new pension law, SB 400, had kicked in, according to data from the California Public Employees’ Retirement System.
ADVERTISEMENT

Cities, counties and school districts across California are in the same financial vise. After state workers won richer retirement benefits, unions representing teachers, police, firefighters and other local employees demanded similar benefits, and got them in many cases.

Today, the difference between what all California government agencies have set aside for pensions and what they will eventually owe amounts to $241 billion, according to the state controller.

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-me-pension-crisis-davis-deal/

$241 billion ******* dollars. The state pension obligation will bankrupt this ******* state.

**** them. I am gone at the end of the year. They can drive to Arizona and suck my dick if they expect me to keep pouring massive amounts of money into this financial boondoggle.

la-me-g-pension-crisis-davis-deal-burden2.png

So there may be an issue with the retirement age/pension. I can understand that. But for one thing I don't see how you can compare all private sector jobs to government jobs. There are so many different jobs it's a crazy comparison. Also, I don't see how taking it out on a government worker does any good, because you wouldn't turn down a good paying job with great benefits either.

So there may be an issue with the retirement age/pension. I can understand that. But for one thing I don't see how you can compare all private sector jobs to government jobs. There are so many different jobs it's a crazy comparison. Also, I don't see how taking it out on a government worker does any good, because you wouldn't turn down a good paying job with great benefits either.

Since I am literally paying the ******* bill, my take matters.

Sorry, but until you pay my state's idiotic, destructive income, property and sales taxes, you really don't know what the **** you are talking about.

Back to the issue at hand......

What bothers me are the liberal women calling KellyAnne names and making fun of her appearance (not just in this pic but in general). They have been calling her some pretty bad names. Doesn't that go against what they are wanting? That women should be treated with respect? Don't sit there and get pissed off at someone, calling them names far waorse than language Trump ever used and then wonder why people either don't take you seriously or demand ALL women be treated with respect.

Another reason why I want to get out of PA soon, before the government employees' pension obligations (this includes all the schoolteachers) comes due. The big jump in pension funds was thanks to former Gov. Fast Eddie Rendell buying votes from the teachers unions and state employees. My late uncle was a retired schoolteacher, and had been retired for quite some time, out of nowhere he got a $1000 a month raise in his pension payments.

A very liberal friend of mine posted this on her FB feed. She is beyond outraged (which is a word that is overused, IMHO) at this, and throughly disgusted. I brought up Bill and what happened being a MILLION times worse than this, and I got responses of "Bad behavior isn't excused by other bad behavior." "We aren't talking about Bill. Kellyanne needs to get her skanky *** off the couch anyway." I then brought up that this is the kind of juvenile "outrage" the media wants you to focus on. That stupid **** happens in every admin....was there "outrage" when Bomma put his feet on the desk? Yes, and it was stupid. I then said that it's the NON THINKING person who gets pissed off at this instead of getting pissed off at the issues.

CRICKETS.

I could never admit to that.