• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Other WR options?

I think they threw out the flier on BA, in hopes of getting him but not overly concerned if they don’t. You also have to consider GP in all this too. If your intentions are to sign GP to a 2nd contract, signing BA could very well make that untenable. 2-WR1’s never seem to work on the team in today’s NFL. At best you buy that future WR1 and will still be looking for a #2 going forward. I don’t see GP playing out his contract without the believing he has been disrespected and having to deal with the attitude we have seen in the past.

There will be a few WR available in the next few days, I think they are watching for 1-2 of those.
My thoughts as well and hoping one off the scrap heap is better than what's on the roster now.

My thoughts as well and hoping one off the scrap heap is better than what's on the roster now.
If they are actually as bad as all the media reports, it shouldn’t be too hard to upgrade.

If they are actually as bad as all the media reports, it shouldn’t be too hard to upgrade.
But showing up so late won't help their chances of sticking, or I should say "producing."

Last edited:
But showing up so late won't help their chances of sticking, or I should say "producing."
It happens every year. They are not expected to become WR1.

It happens every year. They are not expected to become WR1.
What "doesn't" happen every year is the dearth of WR we are currently having. We don't even have a legit #2. we are beyond thin at WR.

What "doesn't" happen every year is the dearth of WR we are currently having. We don't even have a legit #2. we are beyond thin at WR.
Until they actually start playing, you have no idea what you have. Too many people think that you need a 1B to play the #2 spot, that is not true, it would be great though.

Right now, I am more concerned with QB1, than I am with WR2. Personally, I believe that TE1 covers for WR2 rather easily. Mount Washington will show more as well. 2 WR - 2 TE should be the base set this year, with 1 WR - 2 TE - 3 OT as the jumbo package. Jumbo package just sacrifices your 4th/5th receiving option for more muscle.

Until they actually start playing, you have no idea what you have. Too many people think that you need a 1B to play the #2 spot, that is not true, it would be great though.

Right now, I am more concerned with QB1, than I am with WR2. Personally, I believe that TE1 covers for WR2 rather easily. Mount Washington will show more as well. 2 WR - 2 TE should be the base set this year, with 1 WR - 2 TE - 3 OT as the jumbo package. Jumbo package just sacrifices your 4th/5th receiving option for more muscle.
Actually, I am MOST concerned with the OL, that's the biggest problem on this team. Smith's offense all starts with rushing the ball, you can't do that with a weak OL, and that IS what we have, and have had, for several years now. Ever since Munch has been gone our OL has been weak. And with a weak OL and no rushing game, we are sunk. Everything is hinged on a successful rushing game, and our weak OL doesn't allow for success on the ground. Without a true rushing threat, play action simply doesn't work, nor does the passing game. Tomlin's futility with the OL ruins our team.

juju is still around lets see after sat if any teams make early cuts.

I would not make the trade for Aiyuk. Go with what you got and see how it plays out.
I don’t like giving up premium draft capital especially for an Aiyuk who’s not going to make that much of a difference anyway.
I first want to see how these QBs work out before we go off trading draft picks we may need to draft a QB next year.
We are not an Aiyuk away from being a serious contender.
Teams without a legit game changing QB shouldn’t be paying a WR 30M imho, the math just doesn’t add up well for the asset to pay the proper dividends

Just focus on an overpowering running game and play action.
Control the TOP.
Reduce negative plays like sacks and improve your red zone success rate.

The defense will not get abused and we should win the close ones.

Physical football on both sides should be what defines us…

Take a shot at the division and win at least one playoff game.

That’s were Pittsburgh Steelers football is at in 2024.

Best case scenario realistically men.

I laugh every time I hear people talk about “Smith’s” offense this or “Smith’s” that. This team employs MIKE TOMLIN’S offense, period, end of story. Smith is only here to do what TOMLIN tells him to do. I would bet he was not hired and given 100% control.

We will see the same offensive game plan as we have for the last 6ish years. The hope is Smith can FINALLY make it work. If not he will be scapegoated just like all the others, while Mediocre Mike BS’s the lame duck owner into ANOTHER contract extension.

Pittsburgh Steelers problems for 24 season:
#1 - Feckless Owner, who will not move on from a Black HC, because it will be made into a BS race issue, and he does not have the intestinal fortitude to stand up to his own people
#2 - Slightly above average Head Coach who reached his ceiling years ago.
#3 - Inexperienced OL, at least this was addressed
#4 - Questionable QB position play, addressed by bringing in a has been and a never was
#5 - A coaching staff that from the top, has said that they are not in the business of “coaching up” players. They are expected to be ready to go on their own

Last edited:
I think they threw out the flier on BA, in hopes of getting him but not overly concerned if they don’t. You also have to consider GP in all this too. If your intentions are to sign GP to a 2nd contract, signing BA could very well make that untenable. 2-WR1’s never seem to work on the team in today’s NFL. At best you buy that future WR1 and will still be looking for a #2 going forward. I don’t see GP playing out his contract without the believing he has been disrespected and having to deal with the attitude we have seen in the past.

There will be a few WR available in the next few days, I think they are watching for 1-2 of those.
Philadelphia - AJ Brown and DeVonta Smith - just traded for Dotson
Miami - Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle
Texans - Stefon Diggs and Nico Collins
Bears - DJ Moore and Keenan Allen - just draft Rome Odunze early in the first round
Tampa Bay - Mike Evans and Chris Godwin
Seattle - D.K. Metcalf and Tyler Lockett - drafted Jaxon Smith-Njigba in the first round

San Francisco - Brandon Aiyuk and Deebo Samuel - just drafted Ricky Pearsall in the first round
Minnesota - Justin Jefferson and drafted Jordan Addison in the first round
LA Rams - Cooper Kupp and the emergence of Puka Nacua
Cincinnati - Ja'Marr Chase and Tee Higgins

I don't know...looks like a lot of exciting offensive teams or teams looking to become explosive on offense to me.

Philadelphia - AJ Brown and DeVonta Smith - just traded for Dotson
Miami - Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle
Texans - Stefon Diggs and Nico Collins
Bears - DJ Moore and Keenan Allen - just draft Rome Odunze early in the first round
Tampa Bay - Mike Evans and Chris Godwin
Seattle - D.K. Metcalf and Tyler Lockett - drafted Jaxon Smith-Njigba in the first round

San Francisco - Brandon Aiyuk and Deebo Samuel - just drafted Ricky Pearsall in the first round
Minnesota - Justin Jefferson and drafted Jordan Addison in the first round
LA Rams - Cooper Kupp and the emergence of Puka Nacua
Cincinnati - Ja'Marr Chase and Tee Higgins

I don't know...looks like a lot of exciting offensive teams or teams looking to become explosive on offense to me.
We’ll see how they work out over time. Typically, 2 Alpha Dogs don’t mesh, one always gets their feelings hurt because they want to be top dog.

Who was the former Stiller receiver that carried the gun in the waistband of his sweatpants? Bring him backo_O
Plexico? Sounds good to me.

I laugh every time I hear people talk about “Smith’s” offense this or “Smith’s” that. This team employs MIKE TOMLIN’S offense, period, end of story. Smith is only here to do what TOMLIN tells him to do. I would bet he was not hired and given 100% control.

We will see the same offensive game plan as we have for the last 6ish years. The hope is Smith can FINALLY make it work. If not he will be scapegoated just like all the others, while Mediocre Mike BS’s the lame duck owner into ANOTHER contract extension.

Pittsburgh Steelers problems for 24 season:
#1 - Feckless Owner, who will not move on from a Black HC, because it be made into a BS race issue
#2 - Slightly above average Head Coach who reached his ceiling years ago.
#3 - Inexperienced OL, at least this was addressed
#4 - Questionable QB position play, addressed by bringing in a has been and a never was
#5 - A coaching staff that from the top, has said that they are not in the business of “coaching up” players. They are expected to be ready to go on their own
Now I’m confused. Canada was not to blame after all?

Now I’m confused. Canada was not to blame after all?
Hopefully Smith has full controll on the offense to do as he sees fit.

Slash I think it would be multiple things that could handcuff this offense.
If Van Jefferson doesn’t prove to be a reliable number two then sure we can point back to not trading for Aiyuk.
I think though there will be others factors that contribute to the failure of the offense.
First and probably most importantly the OL. I’m really concerned that this coaching staff doesn’t seem to be able to develop OL.
Too many question marks here for me on this OL to make this trade.
Then we have our two QBs that I’m just not sold on.
To me they both hold on to the ball too long and both take too many damn sacks. Can they even get the ball to Aiyuk down field?
I simply don’t think the team is an Aiyuk away from being serious contenders.
Does he make the difference between say going 7-10 or 9-8? Perhaps but 9-8 does nothing for me and it once again keeps us stuck in the middle and prolongs this ridiculous non losing streak of Tomlin’s.
I’d just rather keep those picks and keep adding through the draft. I have a feeling Slash we are going to be needing those picks come draft time.
Counting on Van Jefferson as their No. 2 is foolish, to say the least.