• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

OU Frat Glee Club Represents CONservative Christian Red State Well

Right! Because no way in hell there are any racist in Alabama! LOL!

I hear Auburn is worse

Didn't the OU president immediately cut ties with this group?

ha ha - sing that rap grandma

SAE Frat Mom, Who Condemned Members Behavior, Spouts N-Word

Just days after video emerged of members of the University of Oklahoma’s Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity singing a racist chant, new footage has popped up showing the fraternity's housemother spouting the N-word repeatedly.

On Monday, the Oklahoma Daily, the student newspaper, published the Vine video, which shows Beauton Gilbow spouting the racial slur as Trinidad James' All Gold Everything plays in the background.

Gilbow bops along to the music and may have been attempting to rap with the artist but doesn't apprear to be on beat.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/new...condemned_members_behavior_spouts_n_word.html

She is obviously the worst person ever! Well, since Paula Dean anyway.

Why would a University be racist if some fraternities practice discrimination in their membership recruitment?
The University wouldn't be knowledgeable in regard to these practices, since this went on behind closed
doors.

She is obviously the worst person ever! Well, since Paula Dean anyway.

Oh, no...no one tops LBJ, EVER.

Democrat President Lyndon Baines Johnson stated, “I’ll have those n***ers voting Democratic for the next 200 years” as he confided with two like-minded governors on Air Force One regarding his underlying intentions for the “Great Society” programs.

Why would a University be racist if some fraternities practice discrimination in their membership recruitment?
The University wouldn't be knowledgeable in regard to these practices, since this went on behind closed
doors.

You need to take that up with Elfie.

doors.

SMH at the utter ignorance. A fraternity is a part of the University. Their actions reflect upon the University.

Just like the IRS scandal reflected on Bammy. Just like a videographer and a few coach's decisions have reflected on the whole of the *Patriots organization. Just like 10,000,000 other cases.

Pathetic angle you're attempting to take...

SMH at the utter ignorance. A fraternity is a part of the University. Their actions reflect upon the University.

Bullshit. Elfie says it reflects on the entire state of Oklahoma.

So you're concerned for the University and the fraternity? You really must have an easy life if things like this concern you.

You aren't getting this. It doesn't have anything to do with what I am concerned with, it is REALITY. If you are a part of a high profile company and you are caught on video saying something racist or highly offensive it REFLECTS of the the COMPANY and you're guess what? You are gone BECAUSE it makes your boss look bad because it's HIS company getting dragged through the mud and HIS choice of employees who are hired. Your behavior is an extension of HIM. He could lose lots of money (or in this case money, potential students, alumni dollars, athletes, etc). Is this really rocket science or are you playing dumb on purpose?

Last edited:
If I am correct that OU cut ties with the group immediately, I think I get Trogs point about why this should reflect badly on the university. They had bad apples and ditched them. Seems like that should reflect properly on the University.

If I am correct that OU cut ties with the group immediately, I think I get Trogs point about why this should reflect badly on the university. They had bad apples and ditched them. Seems like that should reflect properly on the University.

That is exactly MY point actually. It's the same thing as a guy getting fired for the same thing which is what I was talking about. Trog's point was actually, "What's the big deal?" He was asking why is this even a story that deserves to be covered? Apparently the university thought it was a big deal. My point goes more along with what you said. His was pretty much the opposite and that the university should mind it's own business and stay out of it. I tried to explain why that wouldn't be a smart decision for them.

Last edited:
That is exactly MY point actually. It's the same thing as a guy getting fired for the same thing which is what I was talking about. Trog's point was actually, "What's the big deal?" He was asking why is this even a story that deserves to be covered? Apparently the university thought it was a big deal. My point goes more along with what you said. His was pretty much the opposite and that the university should mind it's own business and stay out of it. I tried to explain why that wouldn't be a smart decision for them.

I thought his point is "why it was National news". It should be a big deal to OU and they seemed to have treated it accordingly.

I thought his point is "why it was National news". It should be a big deal to OU and they seemed to have treated it accordingly.

He said, "It has no relevance outside anyone in their social circle. I was explaining why the university might care a little bit. Hence the employee/employer analogy.

Hard to blame this on a drunken mistake. This wasn't the first time these kids had ever sung this song.

I know that racism against blacks is more prevalent in the south. Still, I lived in Georgia for awhile and never once heard anything this blatant.

I didn't know that the song had been sung before until I just saw it on the news.

I went to college in Alabama - Auburn, to be exact. and I didn't see anything or hear of anything bad. That' s not saying bad things didn't happen- we just didn't hear about it. That was 20 years ago, so if stuff did happen, it was just hearsay with no proof. (No cell phones recording stuff). Alabama, OTOH....they were AWFUL. They have "the machine" that runs the school. "The machine" is a bunch of old money fraternity boys and sorority girls. If you are lucky enough to survive rush there, it is next to a miracle for anyone NOT rich and connected to be part of the Greek life. They even help pick the cheerleaders, majorettes, color guard, and drill team. ANYONE who might be seen on TV, they have pull over.

Hard to blame this on a drunken mistake. This wasn't the first time these kids had ever sung this song.

I know that racism against blacks is more prevalent in the south. Still, I lived in Georgia for awhile and never once heard anything this blatant.

Come on over...I work between Dallas, Austin and OKC(I have a house in OK), Oklahoma is special.

When I stay in Austin for a few days it's like returning to civilization. It's not so much the people at the company I work for since we have engineers, design staff, etc. from all over the world, It's when you travel in OK. and have to go to smaller military towns to service equipment or train personnel that you run into the ugly side with the locals.

I will say it's not as blatant as it was 15+ years ago(I can recall one specific instance when the guy assisting me was called " a damn dirty wetback" to his face while trying to get lunch. He's Asian) but it's still there, trust me.

you are a pathetic bigot.

Of course I am, Republican play book 101-->Turn the Tables.

I thought you were a Canadian? What's with the interest in U.S. politics or issues anyway? Were you once American, maybe a draft dodger turned 'remote chicken hawk'?

Says the guy who's only answer to any thread I start is cartoons.

I'll take that as a vote against the resounding jocularity of said cartoons.....I'll discontinue them immediately

or not

djrpWz8.jpg