• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

OU Frat Glee Club Represents CONservative Christian Red State Well

Never mind that, just compare the media coverage and outrage this has received and compare that to the FAMU band hazing incident.

I'll bet most people have to google that as what little coverage that got was well after the fact.

Those kids went through criminal trials and some of them went to jail.

It was a shock to a lot of people's sensibilities (certainly to mine) to see so many well dressed, educated young people gleefully and casually singing about excluding black people and hanging n****** from trees. I think most people thought that college age people were past the point where that would ever be seen as acceptable in any context outside of some fringe, backwoods element.

At the risk of being accused by Elfie of saying "I have black friends" one of our closest friends is a biracial family, two highly educated, successful parents, brilliant, brilliant son in 6th grade with my son. Thinking about sending their two young sons to college and the possibility that despite everything they have accomplished and no matter how much white people pretend to accept them, there are large groups of kids who would still refer to them as n****** and sing about hanging them from trees...I'm guessing it was a real punch in the gut. That's what saddens me and sickens me.

6rings is my *****

Those kids went through criminal trials and some of them went to jail.

It was a shock to a lot of people's sensibilities (certainly to mine) to see so many well dressed, educated young people gleefully and casually singing about excluding black people and hanging n****** from trees. I think most people thought that college age people were past the point where that would ever be seen as acceptable in any context outside of some fringe, backwoods element.

Back to my original point, just because something is offensive, even shockingly so, should not make it national headline news (for several days in a row, no less).

The nineteen year-olds involved were of no consequence, now they are infamous. And for what? Singing an offensive song.

The FAMU band beat a poor kid to death and yet CNN didn't profile the assailants revealing where they are from and where they went to high school.

This story is another example of the media sensationalizing racism.

Back to my original point, just because something is offensive, even shockingly so, should not make it national headline news (for several days in a row, no less).

The nineteen year-olds involved were of no consequence, now they are infamous. And for what? Singing an offensive song.

The FAMU band beat a poor kid to death and yet CNN didn't profile the assailants revealing where they are from and where they went to high school.

This story is another example of the media sensationalizing racism.

Perhaps, but I don't think they needed to do much sensationalizing in this case. The video went viral without much help. Like it or not this is the kind of stuff that gets clicks.

Never mind that, just compare the media coverage and outrage this has received and compare that to the FAMU band hazing incident.

I'll bet most people have to google that as what little coverage that got was well after the fact.

I'm in full agreement that if the races were reversed, the media and the college would sweep that under the rug faster than you can say damage control. However, to me, it doesn't make racist white people any less despicable or justify it at all. Racists on both sides are useless idiots IMO.

But, I disagree, it SHOULD be National news. All outward displays of racism on all side should be National news. Maybe it would help snuff it out somewhat.

Last edited:
So why post it at all?

So there would be no ambiguity as to who the man in the picture is. Since Trog was bringing in the "token black" of the fraternity and Trog might not be familiar with Dr. Carson I thought he could look him up, and read his life story.

Carson is the epitome of token black and Uncle Tom.

Now I'll get called a racist, you know since none of them have a real argument.

Yes I should have used a better picture with no quote or just written his name above the pic.

I
But, I disagree, it SHOULD be National news. All outward displays of racism on all side should be National news. Maybe it would help snuff it out somewhat.

So if it were your kid, you'd be OK with people protesting outside your house regardless of how ashamed or embarrasses you were?

Those kids are harmless, they've never come close to lynching anyone. I think the song was more about being outrageously politically incorrect than being racist. Prince Harry once went to a Halloween party dressed as a Nazi, I don't think he's actually a white supremacist.

And it wasn't outward, it was in a private setting. There wasn't any intended intimidation of anyone.

So if it were your kid, you'd be OK with people protesting outside your house regardless of how ashamed or embarrasses you were?

Those kids are harmless, they've never come close to lynching anyone. I think the song was more about being outrageously politically incorrect than being racist. Prince Harry once went to a Halloween party dressed as a Nazi, I don't think he's actually a white supremacist.

And it wasn't outward, it was in a private setting. There wasn't any intended intimidation of anyone.

Yeah I don't know, that would be tough to take I admit. I would be awfully damned ashamed of my kid though. But based on your commentary over the course of this topic I get the impression that you wouldn't be ashamed at all though, that's the point that I get stuck on.

This is why college kids shouldn't be allowed to vote. They haven't done anything yet. They have no life experiences to really be able to form opinions based on anything. That would really go for all kids around that age. I am the father of one. I was one. They do so much stupid ****.

If you can stay on your parents insurance until you are 26, you shouldn't be able to vote until after that. Pay some bills, have to make some decisions first. Then vote.

My bet is we wouldn't have Obama if that was the rule. Libs should actually love these kids.

Yeah I don't know, that would be tough to take I admit. I would be awfully damned ashamed of my kid though. But based on your commentary over the course of this topic I get the impression that you wouldn't be ashamed at all though, that's the point that I get stuck on.

Id be ashamed but not nearly as ashamed as if they got arrested
for felony assault. My commentary is a about perspective. How many tens or hundreds of kids have been arrested for felony assault or murder since this story broke? And yet, all we hear about is some over-privileged frat boys signing an offensive song.

Sensationalism, pure and simple.

A bunch of idiot college kids singing an offensive song! Someone call the National Guard! Hide the women and children! Have every news outlet to cover it 24/7! This proves what every liberal has been telling us for the past 50 years.....we are all racist! ! It is time to shut down this racist country and start from scratch!

A bunch of idiot college kids singing an offensive song! Someone call the National Guard! Hide the women and children! Have every news outlet to cover it 24/7! This proves what every liberal has been telling us for the past 50 years.....we are all racist! ! It is time to shut down this racist country and start from scratch!

Right, except it's really only racism against blacks that this country has officially lost its ******* mind over.

For example: Mark Wahlburg vs. Paula Dean.

Wahlburg's past includes yelling racial slurs while assaulting an Asian leaving him blind in one eye. Wahlburg remains as popular as ever.

Deans past includes using the n-word. She has been shunned and deemed the worst person ever.

Right, except it's really only racism against blacks that this country has officially lost its ******* mind over.

For example: Mark Wahlburg vs. Paula Dean.

Wahlburg's past includes yelling racial slurs while assaulting an Asian leaving him blind in one eye. Wahlburg remains as popular as ever.

Deans past includes using the n-word. She has been shunned and deemed the worst person ever.

There is some truth to what you say. On the other hand I don't think you can really deny that black people-even law abiding ones-have to deal with much greater negative perception than most other ethnic minorities in this country. I also don't think you can totally discount the history of slavery, segregation and racial persecution in this country in terms of heightened sensitivity.

I get that some of the negative perception is earned by the behavior of some black people. I also don't think slavery and segregation excuse bad behavior now. I'm just saying there are some legitimate reasons why it is such a sensitive issue. We ought to try to be balanced in looking at it. Just telling people it's no big deal and should be forgotten and ignored because it's just kids being stupid certainly isn't going to help. We all need to have more understanding of each other. Kids need to understand this isn't just being stupid, it's deeply hurtful and so backward.

Of course it's not as bad as a violent assault. I think what's so shocking about it is that there AREN'T violent criminals or backwoods rednecks singing this song. They are regular all-American college kids. Is it sensationalized? Sure, but that makes it no less shocking or offensive.

We ought to try to be balanced in looking at it. Just telling people it's no big deal and should be forgotten and ignored because it's just kids being stupid certainly isn't going to help.

A balanced approach is my point. Sensationalism is not balance. I think media exploitation of racial events has created a culture in which there is no such thing as crying wolf when it comes to blacks making accusations racism. If you're the slightest bit skeptical or even impartial, you too are racist.

I'm never said this should be forgotten or ignored, only that people put it in proper perspective as I do think its ridiculous anyone outside of Norman ever became aware of it in the first place.

What does it matter if flags are present or not?

Again.... baffling.

If you have to ask there's no point in trying to explain it. But then there's little point in trying to explain anything to your ilk given that you spend the majority of your life on baffle island.

On the other hand I don't think you can really deny that black people-even law abiding ones-.

That is SOOOO racist!

There is some truth to what you say. On the other hand I don't think you can really deny that black people-even law abiding ones-have to deal with much greater negative perception than most other ethnic minorities in this country. I also don't think you can totally discount the history of slavery, segregation and racial persecution in this country in terms of heightened sensitivity.

Agree, OFTB, and a valid point.

However, the racism we need worry about is that which matters - employers refusing to hire or promote African-Americans, government leaders targeting African-Americans for investigation based on race, etc.

Stupid fraternity members doing something stupid on a drunken outing does NOT deserve this attention. It just does NOT.

The real problem with spending such an extraordinary amount of time and energy on this non-story is that it leads us to believe that "Gee, the problem must be minimal if this ******* non-story garners so much attention," when the truth is that genuine racism - that which matters and affects people - exists and can be addressed, if we care to evaluate our circumstances truthfully.

Instead, race pimps like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson are too busy squeezing attention and money out of the race industry to allow legitimate and useful analysis.

Agree, OFTB, and a valid point.

However, the racism we need worry about is that which matters - employers refusing to hire or promote African-Americans, government leaders targeting African-Americans for investigation based on race, etc.

I don't think those trees fall very far from this acorn. Some of the kids who won't allow blacks into their fraternities and think it's ok to call them n***** and sing abut hanging them from trees could be the employers and government leaders of tomorrow. The hatred that allows them to think this behavior is acceptable isn't just going to evaporate when they graduate.

This is why college kids shouldn't be allowed to vote. They haven't done anything yet. They have no life experiences to really be able to form opinions based on anything. That would really go for all kids around that age. I am the father of one. I was one. They do so much stupid ****.

If you can stay on your parents insurance until you are 26, you shouldn't be able to vote until after that. Pay some bills, have to make some decisions first. Then vote.

My bet is we wouldn't have Obama if that was the rule. Libs should actually love these kids.

25 year olds and older plus a qualifying quiz to prove that they are capable of intelligent decisions...

UbSiH3W.jpg

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_mmwpfsxcfr1qz4rgp.jpg

Must really be a bizarro world scenario for you these days..

"There will never be a brain in Elfie.
There will never be a brain in Elfie.
You can beat her with common sense, but she will never see.
There will never be a brain in Elfie."