• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Our Ohhhh Line...The "Hole-in-the-Wall Gang"...

SteveA

Reaction score
Yes, Kenny had happy feet early...

And no wonder, because our Ohhhh Line, errr... the "Hole-in-the Wall Gang" seems to not be able to open a hole for Najee AND Jaylen to run through, yet at the same time opens a huge hole for the opposing Defense to get up in Kennys face or grab our Running Backs in the Backfield for a 2 yard loss...

My 5 suggestions...2 for the line & 3 to win "in spite" of our Ohhh Line, the "Hole-in-the-Wall Gang"...

1. Let our #1 pick, LT Broderick Jones get on the field & start getting some reps...

2. Find another Center....Mason "Cole Slaw" just ain't it

3. Jaylen Warren needs more reps & is BY FAR the best blocking back we got...

4. 2 TE SETS…Washington needs to be on the field

5. RPO's....RPO's....RPO's...

Last edited:
Cole slaw huh...you get an appetite watching Mason do ya?

Kidding aside their O-line troubles look to be more outside.

Definitely onboard with Broderick getting more reps.....

Get Dan Moore out of there with the line playing this bad at least Broderick should be getting quality NFL reps.
Did you see the screen graphic showing Harris to be league worst in yards vs expected yards advanced metric. League worst is breaking new ground even for Harris
Yes, Kenny had happy feet early...

And no wonder, because our Ohhhh Line, errr... the "Hole-in-the Wall Gang" seems to not be able to open a hole for Najee AND Jaylen to run through, yet at the same time opens a huge hole for the opposing Defense to get up in Kennys face or grab our Running Backs in the Backfield for a 2 yard loss...

My 4 suggestions...2 for the line & 2 to win "in spite" of our Ohhh Line, the "Hole-in-the-Wall Gang"...

1. Let our #1 pick, LT Broderick Jones get on the field & start getting some reps...

2. Find another Center....Mason "Cole Slaw" just ain't it

2. Jaylen Warren needs more reps & is BY FAR the best blocking back we got...

3. RPO's....RPO's....RPO's...

Cole slaw huh...you get an appetite watching Mason do ya?

Kidding aside their O-line troubles look to be more outside.

Definitely onboard with Broderick getting more reps.....
My admittedly uneducated opinion disagrees. I've seen so many plays where pressure comes up the middle untouched. I've seen Cole standing around several times just looking for someone to block while someone goes untouched into our backfield. When he does engage someone he often ends up getting pushed way back collapsing the pocket.

My admittedly uneducated opinion disagrees. I've seen so many plays where pressure comes up the middle untouched. I've seen Cole standing around several times just looking for someone to block while someone goes untouched into our backfield. When he does engage someone he often ends up getting pushed way back collapsing the pocket.

It looks like Mason Cole's life coach is Kendrick Green.

Webster........../.......................Dawson.................../.....................Humphrey...... oH wait................

Salute the nation

They gotta be tipping something or just so predictable...some of their running plays don't just get stopped, they get blown up. To me that is a defense that is supremely confident in what is coming. I do think the line would be better with better play calling. Look at the drive for the td in the 3rd quarter yesterday. Canada put together a drive where he made some good calls and the line looked pretty competent.

Canada put together a drive where he made some good calls and the line looked pretty competent.

5-man defensive front? **** you. Quick strikes over the middle of the field for chunks of easy yards, then when Harris runs the defensive linemen are so gassed from running to the next huddle and trying to line up they get slashed.

But hey, let's not do that THE NEXT ******* SERIES, right?

Mason Cole's post-game interview:

giphy.gif

I took the “over” on how many times in 2023 SN will bring up us passing on Humphrey…

I hear yaz, it's old news, but just imagine what could have been-------------

I do hope they continue heavy investment in the trench workers come draft time. I also hope a top prospect at center drops to us at 32.

Salute the nation

5-man defensive front? **** you. Quick strikes over the middle of the field for chunks of easy yards, then when Harris runs the defensive linemen are so gassed from running to the next huddle and trying to line up they get slashed.

But hey, let's not do that THE NEXT ******* SERIES, right?
Collinsowrth pointed this out last night. When the Steelers went in motion the Raiders figured out where the run was going. He also pointed out that when the line went to double team blocking they were opening holes. Let's hope the coaches are smart enough to have noticed this as well.

Something else that struck me. The Steelers always seem to snap the ball around the same time. Every play. They did it with Ben there too...for years. Defenses gotta be timing it. Why not go on first souynd here and again, especially in short yardage. Shiit, just explode! Change up that snap count. We did that in high school 40 years ago.

Collinsowrth pointed this out last night. When the Steelers went in motion the Raiders figured out where the run was going. He also pointed out that when the line went to double team blocking they were opening holes. Let's hope the coaches are smart enough to have noticed this as well.

My pop warner leagues taught us about "tendencies" regarding our opponent. You'd think NFL level staffs would use that and modify their tendencies to give a typical look but run something unexpected.

Something else that struck me. The Steelers always seem to snap the ball around the same time. Every play. They did it with Ben there too...for years. Defenses gotta be timing it. Why not go on first souynd here and again, especially in short yardage. Shiit, just explode! Change up that snap count. We did that in high school 40 years ago.
They have Daniels doing what Foster did back during the Ben era... when the QB's ready for the snap, the guard looks at the QB and turns around and swings his arm in the center's peripheral field of vision, signaling they're ready for the snap. This just signals to the defense that the snap is coming within the next second or two. Opposing edge rushers gotta love this Steelers "tendency".