• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Our QBs are garbage

We've had Ben,Mitch,Rudy and Kenny in this offense.

It's a steaming pile of dogshit. It's so predictable that each week opposing defenses can call out all of the plays.

This statement is somewhat disingenuous

This is more accurate:

We've been forced to watch-
  • A nearly 40 year old QB, whose arm strength in his final season was closer to that of Chad Pennington.
  • A bust, and now perennial back-up QB (Mitch).
  • An unknown entity who has shown more bad than good(KP).
Blame the scheme all you want, but we simply have not had good QB play over the past 3-4 years.

If you're going to call out Pickett, at least call him out for missing DJ on the TD rather than a pass that hit Johnson right in the hands. This team can't even luck into an offensive explosion in terms of yards or a 3+ TD performance from a QB. We see bad starting QBs and backups do this every week. It tells us that there is a design to this offense that limits big plays and points. That doesn't excuse the poor performances, but the pattern is too strong to not acknowledge.
Ever notice that other teams throw to open receivers frequently and our QB’s often throw to receivers in double and triple coverage?

This is more accurate:

• A nearly 40 year old QB, whose arm strength in his final season was closer to that of Chad Pennington.
Blame the scheme all you want, but we simply have not had good QB play over the past 3-4 years.

And you're not going to get any with this current administration. You can't polish a turd into a diamond. Which is what this offense is. The defense is just as bad.

And further, there are backup QB’s in this league outplaying whoever we trot out at QB.
The Steelers should call Draft Kings, and see if they can coax Ryan Fitzpatrick out of retirement.

Correct watching replay Kenny showed nothing, overthrow first pass threw behind in endzone, possible two interception on first two series. Mitch threw into coverage , last interception garbage time, neither had much success with this line. Watching other games our QB's do not come close to any.

How can anyone honestly blame KP. Under this offense. Im shocked Ben hasnt come out and said something.

Roethlisberger is a Cana-DUH fan. On his podcast, he asked, "If you blame Matt for the terrible 1st half offense against the Rams, don't you have to give him credit for 21 second-half points?"

This is more accurate:

Thank you. Facts…

Roethlisberger is a Cana-DUH fan. On his podcast, he asked, "If you blame Matt for the terrible 1st half offense against the Rams, don't you have to give him credit for 21 second-half points?"
Wow. Then I have wonder who he made that gesture to at the sideline in an important game that I can't remember? The one where the play failed and he extended both arms out to the side and he made a "what now, or told you so face"?

Ever notice that other teams throw to open receivers frequently and our QB’s often throw to receivers in double and triple coverage?

I have mentioned this numerous times over the years on here.

You watch the Steelers struggle to move the ball, make stupid mistakes and take dumb penalties, then after the game is over you watch the other games and constantly ask yourself "why cant the Steelers do that?!?!?"

Teams with way worse records move the ball, adjust game plans and look better than we have in years, and actually win.

Just like yesterday. What did the rest of the North do? Oh, the Bengals went to San Francisco and made the niners look bad. The Ravens went on the road and beat the Cardinals, and the Browns had the Seahawks dead to rights until the BACKUP QB made a mistake at the end of the game.

We would have most likely lost all 3 games since the losers of those games scored 24 24 and 17 points.

Pathetic.

Wow. Then I have wonder who he made that gesture to at the sideline in an important game that I can't remember? The one where the play failed and he extended both arms out to the side and he made a "what now, or told you so face"?

I can't answer that, but I have not heard Ben utter a negative comment about Canada on his podcast. If you want my take, I think it very likely that Ben wants (needs) access to Steelers players and coaches for the show and ripping Canada could jeopardize that.

And further, there are backup QB’s in this league outplaying whoever we trot out at QB.
I preface your comment by saying those backup QB's don't have Canada as their OC. Until he's gone and replaced with someone marginally competent, I'm not convinced the problem is Pickett, Trubisky, Rudolph or end of career Ben.

Look, I don't know if firing Canada will cure the offensive ills but why do we so rarely see Pickett release a ball before the receiver makes the break? Why is he always hitting receivers who are standing still or running a straight line (back shoulder throws)? Every other team has QB's throwing to receivers who are 15' away from the spot where they catch the ball and are snapping off a move to reach that spot.

It is simply impossible for a CB to cut with a WR who snaps off a move and arrives at the spot where the ball arrives simultaneously with the pass. But the Steelers don't have those patterns.

Meanwhile, if you want to get easy pass yards, throw to a RB or TE over the middle of the field after the WR's clear the area. It's like stealing - and they won't do it.

Or was he being sarcastic?

He's never going to smash the current coaches when he has active players on his show all the time.

Look, I don't know if firing Canada will cure the offensive ills but why do we so rarely see Pickett release a ball before the receiver makes the break? Why is he always hitting receivers who are standing still or running a straight line (back shoulder throws)? Every other team has QB's throwing to receivers who are 15' away from the spot where they catch the ball and are snapping off a move to reach that spot.

It is simply impossible for a CB to cut with a WR who snaps off a move and arrives at the spot where the ball arrives simultaneously with the pass. But the Steelers don't have those patterns.

Meanwhile, if you want to get easy pass yards, throw to a RB or TE over the middle of the field after the WR's clear the area. It's like stealing - and they won't do it.
We hated timing throws for years, well unless they are safe sidelines ones… the offense isn’t built to score… it’s built to protect against turnovers at all costs

He's never going to smash the current coaches when he has active players on his show all the time.
That makes way more sense than he meant what he said and the team executes poorly…

So was Mitch Trubisky and Baker Mayfield. Just because KP was selected first, doesn't mean he's a franchise QB.
Very true, doesn't mean he is anything right now. Just a green QB trying to develop in a ****** offense. Will he or won't he still to be determined.

I think that question has been answered emphatically. In this offense, he is not going to develop.
In this offense sure. Not convinced that Canada will be back next year.

Even though Tomlin has his sticky fingers involved I am still holding out hope. Even if it looks to be slim in nature as of now...

Kenny is expected to overcome way more shortcomings than should be of a young QB. They failed to put him in a position to develop and grow and instead, through their own incompetence, set him up for failure. While Art isn’t blameless, he can’t be happy with paying his #1 draft pick a year ago to be ruined.