• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Our QBs are garbage

Fun fact, Josh Dobbs has significantly outperformed. Pickett this season. And he just got traded for late picks by his second team this year.

And before you jump all over me for bashing Kenny Pickett, I am absolutely assuming that this ridiculous joke of an offensive system has a great deal to do with Kenny Pickett's issues.

Don't worry, it's not Tomlin and Canada and Austin, it's the QBs....... 🙄

Oh you're going to have people shill for Tomlin no matter what. It's always someone or something else that's the problem. It's a good chuckle.

The last time I checked the team wasn't the Pittsburgh Tomlins. This is 100% his baby. His coaches and his players. The buck stops with you.

That was fools gold. Just like their last 3 playoffs trips they got ***** slapped in.

That championship culture is poof.

Yea, those last 3 playoff appearances. It sounds like you realize in the last 3 playoff appearances - all losses - that the defense gave up 40+ points in every game. Yes, 40+...that means over 40 points, in every single playoff game. So Tomlin, or "Shades," the defensive coach, put a team on the field that got buried, whooped, giving up over 40 points, in all 3 playoff games, the last 3 we were in. Now, one game, anything can happen on any given day. But in 3 consecutive postseason games, his team gave up 40 points. That is fraudulent material there. No wonder we haven't won a single playoff game in over 6 years. Shades is a full blown fraud.

We hated timing throws for years, well unless they are safe sidelines ones… the offense isn’t built to score… it’s built to protect against turnovers at all costs
The whole Tomlin philosophy is not to win games, but to not lose them. When the HC demands that the OC & DC implement systems designed to “keep it close and try to win it at the end”, this is what you get. Tomlin always talks about not living in your fears, but that is his whole coaching strategy. He plays ultra conservative until 7 minutes left in the 4th or until they are in a hole so large they can’t get out.

The whole Tomlin philosophy is not to win games, but to not lose them. When the HC demands that the OC & DC implement systems designed to “keep it close and try to win it at the end”, this is what you get. Tomlin always talks about not living in your fears, but that is his whole coaching strategy. He plays ultra conservative until 7 minutes left in the 4th or until they are in a hole so large they can’t get out.
Been saying this for years. Tomlin says he doesn't live in his fears but his actions prove otherwise. He absolutely plays not to lose instead of going out there and trying to blow out every team.

Will ******* Levis threw 4 TDs today. That’s like 6 games for Pickett. Matt Canada is the worst OC in football pro or college, but Kenny needs to make accurate throws like the first play of the game where he overthrew Diontae. He reads receivers like a high school QB and has no confidence. We don’t have one good QB on our roster and need to think about who we will bring in next year….

Kenny picket is 3rd or 4th best of the drafted QB's in his QB draft class. I warned everybody he is not the QB were are looking for.

Good thing 2024 is a very good QB class.

Did we not miss the playoffs by 1/2 a game the last 2 seasons???
Doesn’t matter much when your recent playoff history involves giving up 40+ points per game.

Kenny picket is 3rd or 4th best of the drafted QB's in his QB draft class. I warned everybody he is not the QB were are looking for.

We won't be drafting a QB in 2024 and it isn't a very good draft class either. Caleb Williams is overrated and probably stays for the NIL money. Drake Maye has a lot of upside but who knows if he comes out. After that there's a pick your flavor with guys who will be pushed up draft boards due to need and the fact QB is the most important position on the team. Like how the Steelers over drafted Pickett.

Last edited:
We won't be drafting a QB in 2024
It wouldn't matter if they did. Not like anything is going to improve under this regime. They'll just ruin that player's career and say his play is below the line.

There is no way the guys in that locker room believe that they are going to break out anytime soon. Surprised no one has said anything in public yet.

This is why no one takes you seriously. Matt Corral was waved by the sucky Panthers and also released by the sucky Patriots this season. He doesn't even have a team and he's better than KP? Willis couldn't beat out a rookie for the second QB slot and he's better than KP? Ridder couldn't beat out an undrafted free agent QB who is on his fourth team in 6 years and he's better than KP?

Get the **** outta here with your nonsense.

This is why no one takes you seriously. Matt Corral was waved by the sucky Panthers and also released by the sucky Patriots this season. He doesn't even have a team and he's better than KP? Willis couldn't beat out a rookie for the second QB slot and he's better than KP? Ridder couldn't beat out an undrafted free agent QB who is on his fourth team in 6 years and he's better than KP?

Get the **** outta here with your nonsense.
Ridder has taken a nose dive in play and I think he is benched for their next game (if I remember correctly)

Couple QBs are still a wait and see like Kenny. But yeah to say a QB should have been picked over Kenny is suspect, and that Kenny should have been picked lower is suspect until more of a known takes place.

Put any QB from that class in this offense and I highly bet they struggle.

Really impossible with how strapped a QB is in their offense to come to any conclusions at this point.

Ridder has taken a nose dive in play and I think he is benched for their next game (if I remember correctly)

Couple QBs are still a wait and see like Kenny. But yeah to say a QB should have been picked over Kenny is suspect, and that Kenny should have been picked lower is suspect until more of a known takes place.

Really impossible with how strapped a QB is in their offense to come to any conclusions at this point.
Oh, I get it. The Jury is still out on KP's ceiling but there is no way you can make a statement as Coach has done here. It was a bad QB class in general and KP was the best in that class. Jr Whopper will be a decent QB in the NFL but we need to build an offense to suit his strengths and it starts with the OL.

Oh, I get it. The Jury is still out on KP's ceiling but there is no way you can make a statement as Coach has done here. It was a bad QB class in general and KP was the best in that class. Jr Whopper will be a decent QB in the NFL but we need to build an offense to suit his strengths and it starts with the OL.

You admonish Coach for his claim then you turn around make an equally outrageous statement. What exactly are his strengths?

What makes you think KP will be a decent QB? Honest question.

I will readily tell you why I think he is a future back-up:
  • Arm strength? Average
  • Athleticism? Average
  • Accuracy? Below average
  • Pocket awareness? Way below average
  • Processing speed? Below average
A new OC is not going to improve any of those items.

I think Coach was saying KP is the 3rd or 4th best QB in that draft class. I would gather he thinks Purdy, Howell are better and perhaps Ridder is even better. Statisically speaking he is correct. Of course Ridder got benched for this upcoming game and KP is still starting.

Lol yea because they were mostly not good.

Everyone knew that the QB's from that class either sucked (ala KP and Ridder), or were HUGE multi-year projects (Willis).

Most rational, non-Pitt alum, thought that we should wait to draft a QB or get one in the later rounds. And the fact that EVERY QB hungry team passed on the so-called 'Top QB prospect' should have been the biggest red flag.

Could you imagine how bad KP would have looked if he went to Carolina? Jeez.

• Arm strength? Average
  • Athleticism? Average
Maybe...But it's my opinion we won't know until Canada is gone. In your list, maybe #1 could improve, #2 probably not, but 3, 4, and 5 I feel has a lot to do with the **** protection by the so-called OL and horrid, predictable play calling.

In the vid @steelreeling posted above that I've reposted, I found a lot of truth at the 9:17 - 9:35 mark. And the pass at 9:28 wasn't shabby. This offense is just too messed up and inconsistent to really be able to tell what we have.

You admonish Coach for his claim then you turn around make an equally outrageous statement. What exactly are his strengths?

What makes you think KP will be a decent QB? Honest question.

• Arm strength? Average
  • Athleticism? Average
I was talking about his potential ceiling. His mechanics need a lot of work and the Steelers just don't have a coach to correct them. How do I know that? Because his mechanical issues are the same as last season. And you could be right in that he's a future backup. But if he's given a decent Offensive Line, a good QB coach, and a scheme to his strengths then he absolutely can be a decent NFL starter.

Picketts mechanics need a lot of work and the Steelers just don't have a coach to correct them.
This falls FIRST on KP himself. Secondly on Tony Racioppi, who is Picketts personal Quarterback Coach...He's one of the lead QB Coaches from the Manning Passing Academy.

Last edited: