• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Our QBs are garbage

Kenny is expected to overcome way more shortcomings than should be of a young QB. They failed to put him in a position to develop and grow and instead, through their own incompetence, set him up for failure. While Art isn’t blameless, he can’t be happy with paying his #1 draft pick a year ago be ruined.
Rooney has money rolling in , not sure he is uncomfortable yet.

Kenny is expected to overcome way more shortcomings than should be of a young QB. They failed to put him in a position to develop and grow and instead, through their own incompetence, set him up for failure. While Art isn’t blameless, he can’t be happy with paying his #1 draft pick a year ago to be ruined.

Could this be the season that forces Art 2 to make a big change? Would Art 2 go so far to say Matt, hit the road. Mr. Kahn—- find a new OC & look at DC as well. Coach Tomlin, You are not getting an extension. Your contract will be determined at the end of 24 season. If you desire, we will release you immediately after last game so as you have early exposure of being available.

Salute the nation

Could this be the season that forces Art 2 to make a big change? Would Art 2 go so far to say Matt, hit the road. Mr. Kahn—- find a new OC & look at DC as well. Coach Tomlin, You are not getting an extension. Your contract will be determined at the end of 24 season. If you desire, we will release you immediately after last game so as you have early exposure of being available.

Salute the nation
Another poster teasing us with a good time.😁

Salute the nation
I suppose this scenario could turn out badly, but I can't imagine how it would. Doing nothing will result in seasons hovering around .500 for years to come.

Kenny is way too late in releasing the ball. Doesn’t make decisive throws until it’s too late either in the play or in the game. I really really wanted him to be good, but Brock Purdy looks like someone whose been playing for 6 years and Kenny still looks like it’s his first start…

I think Tomlin likes this passing game. Tomlins fingerprints all over. Only the safest of throws. To a wr standing still near the sidelines. Prevent interceptions at all cost. Even if we have to punt. We have a fat punter that Tomlin picked out for that.

I think Tomlin likes this passing game. Tomlins fingerprints all over. Only the safest of throws. To a wr standing still near the sidelines. Prevent interceptions at all cost. Even if we have to punt. We have a fat punter that Tomlin picked out for that.
He was the point of Tomlins angst this week. I wasnt even looking at punting, our offense was so bad this week.

Kenny is expected to overcome way more shortcomings than should be of a young QB. They failed to put him in a position to develop and grow and instead, through their own incompetence, set him up for failure. While Art isn’t blameless, he can’t be happy with paying his #1 draft pick a year ago to be ruined.

This is the sort of excuses that are simply laughable.

KP was drafted to a team that went 9-7-1 and made the playoffs. A team with a solid WR room. A team with one of the better defenses in the league.

How do you think KP would have looked if he was actually a 'high-caliber' draft pick, and drafted by a true bottom-feeder team like the Bears or the Panthers? There are too many examples of young QB's who have done much more than KP, with much less (Burrow, C.J., Lamar).

Also, almost all QB's picked outside of the top-10 fail. So he is not being 'ruined', he is simply not panning out, which is incredibly common for QB's of his pedigree.

This is the sort of excuses that are simply laughable.

KP was drafted to a team that went 9-7-1 and made the playoffs. A team with a solid WR room. A team with one of the better defenses in the league.

How do you think KP would have looked if he was actually a 'high-caliber' draft pick, and drafted by a true bottom-feeder team like the Bears or the Panthers? There are too many examples of young QB's who have done much more than KP, with much less (Burrow, C.J., Lamar).

Also, almost all QB's picked outside of the top-10 fail. So he is not being 'ruined', he is simply not panning out, which is incredibly common for QB's of his pedigree.
What's laughable is you think this team is a legit reflection of that record

What's laughable is you think this team is a legit reflection of that record
quote-you-are-what-your-record-says-you-are-bill-parcells-71-19-15.jpg

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38779079/source-titans-rookie-levis-expected-start-vs-steelers

Looking at this article, I wondered: What would Pgh do if they found themselves in the same position as TN? They had their below-average vet QB in Tannehill, paired with the obviously flawed rookie from last year Willis. Would the Steelers have had the balls to draft ANOTHER QB with the 2 QBs on roster subpar? Or would they "hang on" and "stay on track" and not drafting a new QB to put in the mix? TN chose to draft Levi and in ONE GAME he almost matched what took Kenny half a season to accomplish (throw 4 TDs).

TN chose to ACT and draft Levis. Would have this team done the same? Or would they have just stood there and done nothing just "hoping" things would improve by non-action? You know, like just keeping Trubisky as the backup even while KNOWiNG he was incompetent? And this just in: Kenny isn't wowing anyone either.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38779079/source-titans-rookie-levis-expected-start-vs-steelers

Looking at this article, I wondered: What would Pgh do if they found themselves in the same position as TN? They had their below-average vet QB in Tannehill, paired with the obviously flawed rookie from last year Willis. Would the Steelers have had the balls to draft ANOTHER QB with the 2 QBs on roster subpar? Or would they "hang on" and "stay on track" and not drafting a new QB to put in the mix? TN chose to draft Levi and in ONE GAME he almost matched what took Kenny half a season to accomplish (throw 4 TDs).

TN chose to ACT and draft Levis. Would have this team done the same? Or would they have just stood there and done nothing just "hoping" things would improve by non-action? You know, like just keeping Trubisky as the backup even while KNOWiNG he was incompetent? And this just in: Kenny isn't wowing anyone either.

I would be all for drafting Penix or Ewers in the 2nd round.

I would be all for drafting up a Penix or a Ewers in the 2nd round.

But will Pgh? We already sat on our hands after we saw Trubisky was garbage and Kenny was "so so." Don't get me wrong: I wanted to give Kenny until Thanksgiving of 2023 to see what we have, but returning with just Trubisky and Mason was lazy and uninspired management. And such the "Rooney way." Why react to needs in a timely manner when you can wait for a few years to transpire? (see allowing Canada to return)

But will Pgh? We already sat on our hands after we saw Trubisky was garbage and Kenny was "so so." Don't get me wrong: I wanted to give Kenny until Thanksgiving of 2023 to see what we have, but returning with just Trubisky and Mason was lazy and uninspired management. And such the "Rooney way." Why react to needs in a timely manner when you can wait for a few years to transpire? (see allowing Canada to return)

If they don't do something about the coaching failures absolutely nothing will change.

Like every other personal opinion expressed here, I still contend that if the same offensive mentality is maintained, it won't matter who is behind center.
And that offense is not just an extension of the OC but instead a true reflection of Shades. Shades directs the offense, even tho he isn't qualified to do so. The O is horrendous and it's mainly Shades' fault. Yes, Canada stinks but having a HC direct a "pee your pants" play calling doesn't help things.

And that offense is not just an extension of the OC but instead a true reflection of Shades. Shades directs the offense, even tho he isn't qualified to do so. The O is horrendous and it's mainly Shades' fault. Yes, Canada stinks but having a HC direct a "pee your pants" play calling doesn't help things.
I agree with you, he needs to hire competent assistants and get out of their way, but it's a flaw he can't seem to overcome. He might actually be a great HC, if he would only do this, but ego, I assume, prevents it.

I like this. Kenny had to grow on me because I hated the pick initially…He’s a Steeler now so I back him fully.

But, I digress…

Before Kenny was chosen I was on the record for saying “tank for one of the much better QBs in 2023” - particularly Bryce Young and a close second in CJ Stroud. Yes, even Levis. I had them all higher than KP.

Two concussions and two seasons later (now)…hindsight is 20/20. I would be ALL IN on a QB in the second round, but my first pick will be a center.

I’m not happy today…