• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Our QBs are garbage

Personally, I believe that you can’t accurately ***** KP under this **** show managed team. Just assuming that the case is made that final year Ben is 2-3x better than KP, he also sucked balls in the same **** show. So, I am not ready to give up on KP as a Steeler, but, I am more than ready to get rid of almost the complete current coaching staff. While I don’t believe KP will be a HOF QB, I do believe that he would be good enough to make the team respectable and possibly a playoff contender. But it won’t happen under Tomlin. Tomlin’s teams have more greatly underachieved each year as he was given more control. Sure there were periods of hope, but I believe that was more because of Ben, than anything else.

Personally, I believe that you can’t accurately ***** KP under this **** show managed team. Just assuming that the case is made that final year Ben is 2-3x better than KP, he also sucked balls in the same **** show. So, I am not ready to give up on KP as a Steeler, but, I am more than ready to get rid of almost the complete current coaching staff. While I don’t believe KP will be a HOF QB, I do believe that he would be good enough to make the team respectable and possibly a playoff contender. But it won’t happen under Tomlin. Tomlin’s teams have more greatly underachieved each year as he was given more control. Sure there were periods of hope, but I believe that was more because of Ben, than anything else.
There's no way Kenny can be accurately gauged in this offense. Or any QB for that matter because it blows - we've had 4 that struggled. I find it interesting because you mentioned Ben (and a thought came to mind) that we had many, many 4th qtr comebacks with Ben as well. (It was an ugly win he'd say) Struggle all throughout the game, and then 14-21 pts (ish) in the 4th. Why? It baffled me then, and it baffles me now that it's happening with Kenny.

There's no way Kenny can be accurately gauged in this offense. Or any QB for that matter because it blows - we've had 4 that struggled. I find it interesting because you mentioned Ben (and a thought came to mind) that we had many, many 4th qtr comebacks with Ben as well. (It was an ugly win he'd say) Struggle all throughout the game, and then 14-21 pts (ish) in the 4th. Why? It baffled me then, and it baffles me now that it's happening with Kenny.
To a point, no. But it gets dangerous if you consider the plays he isn't making. Bad offense or not, he needs to execute better and if you wait, you can lock yourself in to a long-term deal with a below average QB because of a semi-breakout season during a contract year.

To a point, no. But it gets dangerous if you consider the plays he isn't making. Bad offense or not, he needs to execute better and if you wait, you can lock yourself in to a long-term deal with a below average QB because of a semi-breakout season during a contract year.
I don't think they will Daniel Jones, Pickett but with them overpaying for Chukes IMO I can't rule it out. Really hoping next season some changes are made that will benefit him and the rest of the offense. Give him a fighting chance to develop...

I get what you're saying and I agree. And maybe Kenny isn't a franchise QB. But, his 4th qtr comebacks, like Ben, are something to consider. Why is it in the 4th qtr things get moving? How does this happen? It's been like this for a long time it seems.

This falls FIRST on KP himself. Secondly on Tony Racioppi, who is Picketts personal Quarterback Coach...He's one of the lead QB Coaches from the Manning Passing Academy.
Tony Raccioppi’s top client is Kenny Pickett and not to knock the manning passing academy, but it focuses more on college and HS Athletes and readying them for the next level, not on NFL QB’s. But you are correct that it starts with Kenny. If he isnt working to improve mechanics through repetition and building muscle memory he will never improve no matter who his coach is.

It baffled me then, and it baffles me now that it's happening with Kenny.
It shouldn’t baffle you at all, it is all by design. The HC dictates that the O play almost ZERO RISK, because he believes this gives them a better chance at winning. Maybe in the old days this would work more, as the D was allowed to destroy the other team at will. Today D’s have been neutered, so the chance that they can dominate the opposing team is GREATLY reduced. This reduction then REQUIRES the D to be mistake free the whole game. When you also combine that with an O requirement of zero risk, you get the Pittsburgh Steelers. Life is all about taking risks for rewards, football is no different. If Tomlin would open up the O at the beginning of the game, the D may be able to overcome any potential mistakes. Even if the O turns over 3-4 times, but also scores 3-4 times, the would have a chance to win. I could care less that KP throws a couple of int’s, if he is also leading 2-3 scoring drives. Give the D a possible lead to hold instead of expecting them to pitch a shutout everyweek.

It shouldn’t baffle you at all, it is all by design. The HC dictates that the O play almost ZERO RISK, because he believes this gives them a better chance at winning. Maybe in the old days this would work more, as the D was allowed to destroy the other team at will. Today D’s have been neutered, so the chance that they can dominate the opposing team is GREATLY reduced. This reduction then REQUIRES the D to be mistake free the whole game. When you also combine that with an O requirement of zero risk, you get the Pittsburgh Steelers. Life is all about taking risks for rewards, football is no different. If Tomlin would open up the O at the beginning of the game, the D may be able to overcome any potential mistakes. Even if the O turns over 3-4 times, but also scores 3-4 times, the would have a chance to win. I could care less that KP throws a couple of int’s, if he is also leading 2-3 scoring drives. Give the D a possible lead to hold instead of expecting them to pitch a shutout everyweek.

I think they would call that living in your fears.