• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Oversight Committee to Revisit Operation Fast and Furious

Spike

Reaction score
Obama and Holder, the blood is on their hands - LOCK THEM UP!

On Wednesday the House Oversight Committee, chaired by outgoing Congressman Jason Chaffetz, will hold a hearing re-examining Operation Fast and Furious and the Obama administration's handling of the scandal.

The goals of the hearing are to "identify what the new officials at the Department of Justice can learn from the mistakes made by their predecessors in responding to Congress's inquiry" and "to understand the effect of the Justice Department's obstruction on these witnesses."

As a refresher, Operation Fast and Furious was a program implemented under the Obama Justice Department (headed by Attorney General Eric Holder) and the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms between September 2009 and December 2010.

ATF agents under the direction of DOJ purposely allowed Mexican cartels to traffic thousands of rifles south of the border from U.S. gun shops. Hundreds of people were murdered as a result, including Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry on December 15, 2010. I.C.E. Agent Jaime Zapata was also killed as a consequence of similar program run by DOJ and ATF out of Texas.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katie...o-revisit-operation-fast-and-furious-n2337182

-------------------------

Headlines you might have missed

BREAKING: ISIS Terrorists Used Obama’s ‘Fast and Furious’ Gun During Paris Attack

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ts-used-obamas-fast-furious-gun-paris-attack/

Last edited:
I agree, It's time to end this Fast and Furious box office stranglehold. The movies aren't even that good. Time to start arresting the directors!!

I did find the second one more tolerable. Then watched the first one. Horrible. Will never watch any of them.

BAM!

Fast and Furious report slams Holder, DOJ for deception in gun-running scandal

The House Oversight Committee released a scathing report Wednesday that accuses former Attorney General Eric Holder and his Department of Justice of covering up Operation Fast and Furious and misleading Congress’ investigation into the botched gun-running operation.

The nearly 300-page report states that the Justice Department under Holder actively tried to hide the facts from the loved ones of slain Border Patrol Brian Terry — seeing his family as more of a “nuisance” than one deserving straight answers — and at times being openly hostile to them. […]

The report also says that Holder’s Justice Department stonewalled inquiries from Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and deceptively told him that the “ATF makes every effort to interdict” firearms purchased by straw buyers. The controversial act of straw purchases — where a person who is prohibited from buying firearms uses another person to buy a gun on his or her behalf — has been a popular method that Mexico’s drug cartels use to obtain guns.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...doj-for-deception-in-gun-running-scandal.html

--------------------------

LOCK HIM UP!

And to think, Gov Jerry Brown hired that B'stard to be an obstructionist for the State of California.

Outside of awesome weather, great beaches, and many a Steelers fan, this State sucks!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Steeler Nation mobile app

BAM!

Fast and Furious report slams Holder, DOJ for deception in gun-running scandal

I don't know Spike. This whole scenario predates Barry and Holder. I heard that the two operations..(2006–2008: Operation Wide Receiver) and ( 2009–2011: Operation Fast and Furious ) were not linked together but they were, to a large degree.

At the time, under the Bush administration Department of Justice (DOJ), no arrests or indictments were made. After President Barack Obama took office in 2009, the DOJ reviewed Wide Receiver and found that guns had been allowed into the hands of suspected gun traffickers. Indictments began in 2010, over three years after Wide Receiver concluded. As of October 4, 2011, nine people had been charged with making false statements in acquisition of firearms and illicit transfer, shipment or delivery of firearms.[23] As of November, charges against one defendant had been dropped; five of them had pleaded guilty, and one had been sentenced to one year and one day in prison. Two of them remained fugitives.
[31]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

There is no doubt in my mind that Holder covered the whole thing up but in the end, it was probably the best thing to do. Prosecuting the Barry gang would have opened the proverbial box to years of stupid **** all over the place. No way they show their *** to the world.