• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pickett says rumors are bullshit

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Good article and read, thanks Coolie.

I take it as it is written but also know Picket is a little early on that ankle injury as for starting last week.

Coach Tomlin played the two sided coin and chose correctly, last week and this week.

I hope Pickett gets the much needed coaching up this off-season. I don’t know if he can progress to be the franchise expected leval of play, that many here want, but he more likely than not, …… will be our foreseeable future.

I don’t know what Mason will do, sign longer term with more money ……… or say ****, you had your chance Steelers….

Salute the nation

I take it as it is written but also know Picket is a little early on that ankle injury as for starting last week.

Coach Tomlin played the two sided coin and chose correctly, last week and this week.

I hope Pickett gets the much needed coaching up this off-season. I don’t know if he can progress to be the franchise expected leval of play, that many here want, but he more likely than not, …… will be our foreseeable future.

I don’t know what Mason will do, sign longer term with more money ……… or say ****, you had your chance Steelers….

Salute the nation
Not to be blunt but I don't really care what Mason does "longer term"...
He is not the answer "longer term"...

"Near term"....I would be happy to see 2 more wins out of him ( Saturday and wild card game)...........dare I say 3 more wins or is that asking for too much?

I knew this was more clickbait the minute I read someone post about it. I never bothered to read any of the articles I saw about it. KP isn't built that way. He's always seemed to be a team player and I've never heard anything otherwise. This was completely out of character for him and that's why I ignored it as clickbait. It's ridiculous how journalists get away with this nonsense and can say they have one anonymous source or unverified source. You'd think they'd leave that nonsense for politics but it is in every area of journalism. The PG local guys, while not always right, are typically the most in tune with their sources and such.

Not to be blunt but I don't really care what Mason does "longer term"...
He is not the answer "longer term"...

"Near term"....I would be happy to see 2 more wins out of him ( Saturday and wild card game)...........dare I say 3 more wins or is that asking for too much?

I wish he'd get us one more win, us get some luck and get in, then Kenny get the playoff experience. Agree Mason is nothing but a short bridge.

I knew this was more clickbait the minute I read someone post about it. I never bothered to read any of the articles I saw about it. KP isn't built that way. He's always seemed to be a team player and I've never heard anything otherwise. This was completely out of character for him and that's why I ignored it as clickbait. It's ridiculous how journalists get away with this nonsense and can say they have one anonymous source or unverified source. You'd think they'd leave that nonsense for politics but it is in every area of journalism. The PG local guys, while not always right, are typically the most in tune with their sources and such.
I didn't hear the segment, but I've seen a lot of people say Gerry Dulac was another who talked about it on the radio, but wouldn't put it in writing. Steelers Now is the site that had an official report with sources. If nothing else, there's no way Pickett would be the backup this week if he refused to dress last week. Tomlin lets a lot go, but I don't think he'd let that one slide.

All things considered I’m going to take Pickett on his word on this

There is no history of Pickett as a bad actor and he has been a stand up guy in his 2 years here

Plus doing what Madden accused him of would amount to career suicide for him at this stage of his young career

Salute the nation
Rudolph has had two of the best three games of his career in the past two weeks. The fifth best game had a passer rating of only 89.2 rating. I hope to hell he is able to do it, but he still has a lot of resume writing to do before he get a considerable raise and long term deal.

If I was the Steelers head coach my very simple motivational speech for Mason before he started his first game this year: You start until you lose. And that is exactly what it should be (particularly given the limited games in the season once Mason started). Next year, that's a whole 'nother big mess that we will get to discuss all offseason.

If I was the Steelers head coach my very simple motivational speech for Mason before he started his first game this year: You start until you lose. And that is exactly what it should be (particularly given the limited games in the season once Mason started). Next year, that's a whole 'nother big mess that we will get to discuss all offseason.

Or until he throws up a goose-egg in the first half. Kenny has the clutch gene, so we'd be nuts not to give him a try if Mason leads us to zero points at halftime. It's do or die.

I dont know why but this thread title reminds me of My cousin Vinny

All things considered I’m going to take Pickett on his word on this

There is no history of Pickett as a bad actor and he has been a stand up guy in his 2 years here

Plus doing what Madden accused him of would amount to career suicide for him at this stage of his young career

Me too. He could have very well got into a heated argument with MT considering he went though surgery to get back, but it's probably no nore than that and he's entitled to voice his anger given that he went through surgery. Regardless, I'll take his word over Madden's 7 days a week.

To me there are levels of Journalists. There is this. Pure speculation and opinion. People who write articles that clearly are opinion and conjecture. Then there comes the point where you start quoting "sources" at that point if you make **** up the club's reprentatives with letters like L.L.M and L.L.B. after their name should be contacting you demanding retraction or Libel suit.

What does it matter? Both Pickett and Rudolph won't even be in the NFL in 5 years.

Don't even attempt to say something about J-Love. You know you all would be doing cartwheels if the Steelers had J-Love.

What does it matter? Both Pickett and Rudolph won't even be in the NFL in 5 years.

Don't even attempt to say something about J-Love. You know you all would be doing cartwheels if the Steelers had J-Love.

Thank you for showing your Steeler-envy by posting here. We're inside your dome. Do the fudge packers even have a message board?

bullshit

Thank you for showing your Steeler-envy by posting here. We're inside your dome. Do the fudge packers even have a message board?
I post on the Bears message board as well. The Packers own the Bears. Am I envious of them as well? Wake up. I post on like 6 message boards. You are taking this message board a little too seriously. Maybe get out more.

OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!

I post on the Bears message board as well. The Packers own the Bears. Am I envious of them as well? Wake up. I post on like 6 message boards. You are taking this message board a little too seriously. Maybe get out more.

OneTeamOneNation
PackerNation!
Oh so you're one of those cowards that makes your whole fanbase look stupid by going to other boards and talking crap only when things go well for you. I know a few dweebs that do that.

Oh so you're one of those cowards that makes your whole fanbase look stupid by going to other boards and talking crap only when things go well for you. I know a few dweebs that do that.
Yeah, cuz this season is the greatest in the Packers history. I'm going around bragging about being 8-8 right now. How clueless are you?

And if you are upset cuz the Packers QB situation is better than the Steelers...that is on you. Don't blame me cuz Kenny and Mason aren't the answer.