• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pieces of **** - Republicans in Congress - Hello? Donald?

Is it? No doubt the GOP Congress shoulders most of the blame, but come on. The incoming president with a full majority can't get the job done? Repeal & Replace was front and center to his campaign. Not to speak of all the supposed leadership skills he was bringing in from the business world. I'm a little surprised you want to sugarcoat this, that this isn't an embarrassing defeat for the president.

Trump on healthcare:

well, to be fair, not being a career politician, he drastically under-guesstimated the reliance of both parties upon each other. Neither party will "win" if this is repealed and replaced, despite what half the country want. despite how Obamacare is truly crippling the country's working class so as to enable the non-working class.

also, keep in mind that neither side embraced Trump so neither side WANTS to work with him.

I always remind everyone, what we are arguing about now (Obamacare vs. Trumpcare) doesn't really do a damn thing for how health care is received by a VAST majority of Americans, which is employee-employer benefits. Me and my family are NEVER going to receive health care in any other way.

I think the ability for more and more government control may make it less and less attractive for employer's to provide that coverage, or, indirectly, make it more expensive to make it worth it. Or, the progressive way, penalize them for offering too good of health benefits....

The Cruz Amendment didn't help get it passed. The GOP is a bunch of idiots. If they don't just repeal Odumbfuckcare now and replace it later, we are in for universal health care.

The GOP has no idea how to play this. They should be all over the air waves telling everyone that they are trying to come up with something that will replace the already failed Odumbfuckcare. It has failed. That should be blasted everywhere in every way. Get rid of it and then replace it. Promote the fact that the GOP won't just pass something if it won't help the American people. The GOP is doing what the Dems did NOT. They are scrutinizing what they are trying to pass to make sure it works - not something just to shove down the peoples throats and read it once it's been passed.

The Dems are 100% at fault for this catastrophe yet the GOP is and will be blamed for it.

I can't believe you are spinning this as a critique of Trump. What a load of ****.

Oh, please! The load of **** was Trump promising to replace the ACA with "something really terrific" and then washing his hands of it when he realized he was completely ******* clueless "who knew it was so complicated".

Trump deserves criticism and lots of it.

I think the ability for more and more government control may make it less and less attractive for employer's to provide that coverage, or, indirectly, make it more expensive to make it worth it. Or, the progressive way, penalize them for offering too good of health benefits....

Of course. That's what they want. Get people kicked off of coverage and have them clamoring for the government to provide it instead. It's working as planned.

Trump needs to get on the airwaves in each state where a Senator is voting "no" on every repeal and replace bill (yes, that includes you Rand) that he wants to see a GOP challenger for the primary and he will be there to campaign with and for them. The Senators are now one vote away from not even repealing Odumbfuckcare and then replacing it. They are totally unrealistic. Free health care for all, including illegals, is coming right up the hard working American's ***. Get ready for it.

Oh, please! The load of **** was Trump promising to replace the ACA with "something really terrific" and then washing his hands of it when he realized he was completely ******* clueless "who knew it was so complicated". Trump deserves criticism and lots of it.

20108491_2032047023682168_4993759779246560591_n.png

Repeal now...replace later

President Trump, Mitch McConnell Call for Clean Repeal of Obamacare Now, Replacement Later

Now this makes sense. So far Congress has tried to tip toe around in this thing, trying not to break any eggshells. I think it's time to completely shitcan the old and bring on the new.

The GOPe establishment doesn’t want to implement the Trump Agenda, because

650-071817-Trump-Sign-Establishment.jpg

Oh, please! The load of **** was Trump promising to replace the ACA with "something really terrific" and then washing his hands of it when he realized he was completely ******* clueless "who knew it was so complicated".

Trump deserves criticism and lots of it.
exactly.
blame TRUMP for something he had nothing to do with, nothing he was a part of or anything he was even associated with. Nevermind trying to pin the goddamn blame where it belongs and whom it is named for. nevermind that. if we do that, we're racist. so, blame the white guy.

blame TRUMP for something he had nothing to do with, nothing he was a part of or anything he was even associated with.

airplane-cant-be-serious.gif

Trump-tweet-on-helath-care.jpg

As lawmakers wade through the House GOP Bill, introduced by Donald Trump on Monday, to make revisions over the coming months, they might notice that the Trump administration’s boast that it has taken away the parts of Obamacare that people do not like, for example, being fined if they do not purchase coverage, is inaccurate. The penalty still applies but this time Americans will pay to their insurance provider, not the government.

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer proudly declared the document dedicated 50 pages to detailing how Obamacare would be repealed. He then wheeled out Tom Price, the new Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services, who pointed to the 900-page Affordable Care Act of 2010.

"Notice how thick this is?" he asked reporters, comparing the stack of paper with the Republicans’ new, much slimmer document.

<iframe scrolling="no" src="//www.washingtonpost.com/video/c/embed/db9e5438-2608-11e7-928e-3624539060e8" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" width="480" height="290" frameborder="0"></iframe>

[h=1]Trump introduces modernised, affordable health system to replace Obamacare[/h]http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/trump-introduces-modernised-affordable-health-system-to-replace-obamacare/news-story/32457e01459d06fe74380e795c04f964

DONALD Trump and the House Republicans have released a health care plan for Americans that replaces the unpopular Obamacare — fulfilling a key pledge Trump made on becoming US president.

Trump has declared repeal and replacement of Obamacare as his top legislative priority.

How did Trump have nothing to do with this when he spoke about it at nearly every campaign stop?
Trump is basically a bull ******* and his supporters are those that fall for bull ****. That is the sad
state of this country. Not really the politicians fault, the real blame belongs with the voters.

Look who's reliving the election NOW!

hahahahahaha

I can't remember, was it the stop in Wilkes-Barre?

THANK YOU PA!

trump-pennsylvania-1.jpg

The GOPe establishment doesn’t want to implement the Trump Agenda, because

650-071817-Trump-Sign-Establishment.jpg

Can't even repeal it. Already 3 Senators saying they won't vote for that. They want it done their way and all at one time. There is no negotiation with the libertarians like Rand Paul.

It's most definitely the fault of the obstructionist dems and GOPe. Looks like we have more swamp draining to do next year. BTW, there are currently 48 GOP senators still in office who voted for a complete repeal of Obama care in 2015. But they knew Ocommie would veto it, and he did. Now we have President who would sign the repeal and they won't do it. ******* traitors.

Then start defunding Obamacare, piece by piece.

How did Trump have nothing to do with this when he spoke about it at nearly every campaign stop?
Trump is basically a bull ******* and his supporters are those that fall for bull ****. That is the sad
state of this country. Not really the politicians fault, the real blame belongs with the voters.
Trump has been doing everything a President can do to get legislation done. He can't go and vote for these idiots. He has met with them multiple times as has Pence. The GOP Senators voting "no" need to have a primary challenge when they are up for re-election. This entire fiasco is still the Dems fault. Trump is right in saying just let it fail. The GOP will get blamed no matter what they do.

The Dems passed this steaming pile of **** legislation in the first place. (We have to pass it to see what's in it!) Whatever happens, it's all their fault. And Ark's.

No surprise, Trump supporters pass the buck and blame everyone but their beloved leader. I wonder who they got their cue from?

5 Trump tweets about taking responsibility for failure that are very awkward now

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-tru...al-responsibility-awkward-tweets-d8a97ebfd094

With Trumpcare in ruins, Trump blames everybody but himself.

As Republicans’ latest attempt to repeal and/or replace Obamacare went down in flames on Tuesday, President Trump tried to shift blame to everybody but himself.

During remarks to reporters, Trump falsely claimed his plan all along has been to “let Obamacare fail”—he in fact publicly supported simultaneous repeal and replace as recently as March — and said that if that happens, “I’m not going to own it.” (The Congressional Budget Office concluded earlier this month that, absent Trump administration sabotage, Obamacare exchanges are likely to be stable for the foreseeable future.)

Despite Republican control of both chambers of Congress and the fact that the latest Trumpcare bill was actually killed by Republican defections, Trump added, “I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it.”

“We’ll let Obamacare fail and then the Democrats are gonna come to us and they’re gonna say, ‘How do we fix it? How do we fix it?’” continued Trump, who campaigned on “insurance for everybody” but now supports legislation to strip coverage from more than 20 million Americans. “Or, ‘How do we come up with a new plan?’ So, we’ll see what happens.”
<figure name="5aa4" id="5aa4" class="graf graf--figure graf--iframe graf-after--p"></figure><figure name="5aa4" id="5aa4" class="graf graf--figure graf--iframe graf-after--p"></figure>President Trump’s attempt to play the blame game following a stunning failure to accomplish one of his signature campaign promises sits ill at ease with the sort of personal responsibility he touted before he ran for office.

In September 2012, Trump blasted then-President Obama for allegedly complaining about Republican obstructionism.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Obama's complaints about Republicans stopping his agenda are BS since he had full control for two years. He can never take responsibility.</p>— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/250975772083380226">September 26, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

At the time Trump posted that tweet, Obama was dealing with a House controlled by the opposition party, whereas Trump now has the benefit of his party having majority control in both chambers.

About a year later, Trump exhorted the House Republican majority to repeal Obamacare, tweeting that if they failed to do so, “THEN THEY OWN IT!”

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NO GAMES! HOUSE <a href="https://twitter.com/GOP">@GOP</a> MUST DEFUND OBAMACARE! IF THEY DON’T, THEN THEY OWN IT!</p>— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/378246501429817344">September 12, 2013</a></blockquote>

A couple months after that, Trump offered a more general piece of advice to any aspiring leader: “Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.”

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.</p>— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/398887965302091776">November 8, 2013</a></blockquote>

Trump returned to the theme in early 2015, about six months before launching his presidential campaign.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Entrepreneurs: Everything starts with you. Realize that you're in charge. Whatever happens, you're responsible.</p>— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/558365931559473152">January 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

During the campaign, Trump repeatedly expressed great confidence that if elected, he would be able to work with Congress to immediately repeal and replace Obamacare.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Trump today: “As I have always said, let ObamaCare fail and then come together and do a great healthcare plan.”<br><br>Let's go to the videotape… <a href="https://t.co/1JqJH422A4">pic.twitter.com/1JqJH422A4</a></p>— Bradd Jaffy (@BraddJaffy) <a href="https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/887288171456811009">July 18, 2017</a></blockquote>

But by the end of his first month in office, Trump had reversed course. During a late February news conference, he infamously claimed, “Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated.”

Instead of heeding his own advice and taking personal responsibility for Trumpcare’s legislative failure, Trump on Tuesday was left blaming Democrats and trying to claim a hollow moral victory.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">48 of 52 Republican senators? "That’s a pretty impressive vote by any standard" <a href="https://t.co/QCtmdZOCGj">pic.twitter.com/QCtmdZOCGj</a></p>— Nolan D. McCaskill (@NolanDMcCaskill) <a href="https://twitter.com/NolanDMcCaskill/status/887365725119279105">July 18, 2017</a></blockquote>

The blame game was also played by White House Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders during Tuesday’s off-camera, no-live-audio press briefing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Who’s responsible for healthcare bill failure: <a href="https://twitter.com/SHSanders45">@SHSanders45</a>: “I would say Democrats”</p>— Zeke Miller (@ZekeJMiller) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/887382768518406144">July 18, 2017</a></blockquote>

This sort of thing is a far cry from the rhetoric of candidate Trump, who infamously promised his supporters that after he was elected, “You’re going to call, and you’re going to say, ‘Mr. President, please, we can’t take it anymore, we can’t win anymore like this, Mr. President, you’re driving us crazy, you’re winning too much, please Mr. President, not so much, and I’m going to say I’m sorry, we’re going to keep winning because we are going to make America great again.”

Not his law. Nor any Republican. That's why it's called BommaCare.
I do think that Trump needs to shmooze Congress a little more. Not working with Congress was one of my criticisms of Bomma.

airplane-cant-be-serious.gif

Trump-tweet-on-helath-care.jpg

<iframe scrolling="no" src="//www.washingtonpost.com/video/c/embed/db9e5438-2608-11e7-928e-3624539060e8" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen="" width="480" height="290" frameborder="0"></iframe>

[h=1]Trump introduces modernised, affordable health system to replace Obamacare[/h]http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/trump-introduces-modernised-affordable-health-system-to-replace-obamacare/news-story/32457e01459d06fe74380e795c04f964

you dense *************.
what is the other name for the ACA?

since a picture speaks a thousand words, and Tibs likes colors, while 21 could use a few more words to create the first sentence of his goddamn New York Times Bestseller...

170103163734-obamacare-thumbnail-exlarge-169.jpg

show me Trump on that image.
show me who the ACA is named for.
show me who it was that shoved this version of Jupiter's **** down the throats of the American taxpayer.

Hint:
When the ACA was pushed through, Trump was a private citizen.

you dense *************. what is the other name for the ACA? since a picture speaks a thousand words, and Tibs likes colors, while 21 could use a few more words to create the first sentence of his goddamn New York Times Bestseller... show me Trump on that image. show me who the ACA is named for. show me who it was that shoved this version of Jupiter's **** down the throats of the American taxpayer. Hint: When the ACA was pushed through, Trump was a private citizen.

Correct. That was then, this is now. It is 2017 with a full GOP majority in the House, Senate and Executive branches. At the top of the list of Trump's agenda was immediately repealing and replacing Obamacare with something so much better it would knock our socks off. They have failed to do that, failed miserably. And it's Obama's fault? Holy ****. Crank up the snowflake machine.

Let the **** show commence...

Trump: 'We'll let Obamacare fail'

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/18/politics/trump-health-care-failure/index.html

<cite class="el-editorial-source">Washington (CNN)</cite>The collapse of the Republican bid to repeal and replace Obamacare Monday, alongside chaos brewed by the Russia scandal, has revealed a stunted presidency and a White House struggling to master the levers of power.

It also leaves President Donald Trump without a significant legislative triumph to show for his first six months in office.

"He was playing with a firetruck and trying on a cowboy hat as the bill was collapsing and he had no clue," a top Republican told CNN's Jeff Zeleny on Tuesday, mocking the "Made In America" week at the White House.

Trump was prepared to shoulder no blame for the failure of the bill on Tuesday, and warned he would now simply let Obamacare fail.

"We're not going to own it. I'm not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it. We'll let Obamacare fail and then the Democrats are going to come to us," Trump told reporters at the White House.

So far however, there is no sign that the Democrats would take part in any effort that would effectively repeal Obamacare. And it seems just as likely that a crisis in the health care industry, involving Americans losing health insurance, would come back to hurt the party in power, in Congress and the White House -- Republicans.

Combined with Trump's historically low approval rating for a President at this stage of his first term, and the constant, corrosive presence of the Russia drama, it adds up to a presidency testing the limits of political viability.

"When a President has the lowest approval ratings of any President after six months it's not surprising he took one of the biggest body blows in politics after six months," said David Gergen, a senior CNN political analyst.

"We have never seen a President put forward a major legislative piece in his early days that was greeted with such derision and such fear," Gergen told CNN's Don Lemon on Monday night.

The question now is whether the White House and Republicans in Congress can find a way to marshall the GOP monopoly on power towards another significant agenda item -- tax reform for instance.

It's most definitely the fault of the obstructionist dems and GOPe. Looks like we have more swamp draining to do next year. BTW, there are currently 48 GOP senators still in office who voted for a complete repeal of Obama care in 2015. But they knew Ocommie would veto it, and he did. Now we have President who would sign the repeal and they won't do it. ******* traitors.
They need to call a vote on repeal (same exact language as the 2015 bill) and expose those fakers.