• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pieces of **** - Republicans in Congress - Hello? Donald?

Correct. That was then, this is now. It is 2017 with a full GOP majority in the House, Senate and Executive branches. At the top of the list of Trump's agenda was immediately repealing and replacing Obamacare with something so much better it would knock our socks off. They have failed to do that, failed miserably. And it's Obama's fault? Holy ****. Crank up the snowflake machine.

That's the equivalent of me breaking into your house and smashing all your furniture, then calling you incompetent for not repairing everything fast enough.

Last edited:
Then start defunding Obamacare, piece by piece.
Ryan talked a big game about exactly this in 2013. Now that they control both houses and the presidency, he never mentions it.

That's the equivalent of me breaking into your house and smashing all your furniture, then calling you incompetent for not repairing everything fast enough.

Uhm, no. It's like you promising to outfit my house with a bunch of new furniture then showing up with an empty truck and blaming me for believing you in the first place.

Uhm, no. It's like you promising to outfit my house with a bunch of new furniture then showing up with an empty truck and blaming me for believing you in the first place.

In your scenario, how did that old, ****** furniture that needs replaced get there in the first place? I promised to get you new furniture but I didn't **** up your old furniture, somebody else did.

Correct. That was then, this is now. It is 2017 with a full GOP majority in the House, Senate and Executive branches. At the top of the list of Trump's agenda was immediately repealing and replacing Obamacare with something so much better it would knock our socks off. They have failed to do that, failed miserably. And it's Obama's fault? Holy ****. Crank up the snowflake machine.

You get no disagreement from me. I've said before that the GOP never thought they'd win the White House so they never worked on a serious replacement plan. They could do all those show votes when they knew Bomma would veto. Trump and Rand Paul called them out on it though.

Blame Obama!

hahahahahahaha

Trump: Let Obamacare Fail...I'm Not Going To Own It.

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said Tuesday he would let Obamacare "fail" in the aftermath of his party's efforts to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act.

"I think we're probably in that position where we'll let Obamacare fail," Trump said at the White House. "We're not going to own it. I'm not going to own it. I can tell you, the Republicans are not going to own it."

Once Obamacare collapses, Trump said Democrats would join Republicans so Congress would be able to “come up with new plan, really good for people.”

As for the GOP's recent failed efforts at an overhaul, White House Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the White House is taking responsibility "in terms of pushing new legislation through, but not for the failures of legislation that happened before the president got into office."

Democrats passed Obamacare, "creating the mess we're in," with their unwillingness to "work with Republicans in any capacity" on healthcare reform

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-lays-blame-health-care-bill-failure-n784006

Trump can say the republicans won't own it, but if they don't do something, they will own it as much as the dems,

It's almost too painful to watch Trump's own statements on what he's going to do with health care.

Sooo wait... like just about every other time one party had complete control nothing is getting done as promised??? Oh my gosh im amazed... wake up people.. both mainstream parties are in bed with mostly the same corporate dildos... they make a lot of noise about changing things to get elected then blame the opposition for stymieing it... when they have total control they cant pass changes cause that would piss off their real paychecks...

Lol at people still believing their party is good/right/ethical/going to fix things...

Sooo wait... like just about every other time one party had complete control nothing is getting done as promised??? Oh my gosh im amazed... wake up people.. both mainstream parties are in bed with mostly the same corporate dildos... they make a lot of noise about changing things to get elected then blame the opposition for stymieing it... when they have total control they cant pass changes cause that would piss off their real paychecks...

Lol at people still believing their party is good/right/ethical/going to fix things...

Yup. This is a perfect example of how corrupt Washington has become, especially over the last 8 years. We have to restore honesty and elect people who will obey the will of the people. They are supposed to represent us, not their bank accounts. This is exactly why Trump was elected. They will finally understand in the election next year when they are out of jobs.

Trump promised "healthcare for all" and "we are going to have healthcare so much better so much cheaper" during the campaign.
If that wasn't a load of crap I don't know what is. The republicans proposed nothing close to that.

It is quite obvious why this Republican revision was doomed to fail. Just look at Dean Hellers situation in Nevada. Under Obamacare
the states uninsured rate dropped dramatically. The republican governor came out strongly against repeal. What is Heller suppose to do,
go against the best interests of his constituents and send the uninsured rate back up? He would just lose in a landslide next time.

Trump is a coward. He just distances himself from anything that appears to be losing. And if he would give an honest answer to what he really
thinks of most of the people that voted for him, he would say, "they are just a bunch of losers". Anyone who hasn't created wealth for themselves is a loser
in Trumps mind.

This whole debate is not about Obamacare but about Medicaid.

Medicaid is a very odd social program because it's use and details vary greatly between states. I found out Arizona didn't even ADOPT Medicaid until 1982, almost 17 years after the law was passed at the federal level. There is no law that says states have to use Medicaid as written in their states.

So part of the problem was states that don't like Medicaid and don't depend on it as much (they have their own systems), wanted to really gut the whole program. On the other side some states use almost exclusively Medicaid for their low-income medical insurance. Those states don't want Medicaid touched. And this isn't just blue/red states either. This stuff goes way back to the 1980's when federal dollars given to states' "Medicaid" program could be used for a variety of health care concepts.

It really is just a ******* mess. No state is the same so any re-write to the Medicaid program really causes issues. Some states promised the farm on the federal taxpayer back after Obamacare, while other states took a wait and see approach. That also is contributing to the problem (because taking back a social program promise is very hard).

I'd gut the whole thing. Get the insurance companies out of it. Offer Medicare to 55-and-over. Decide on the federal money for "Medicaid" to states and let the states decide what to do for low-income families. Change the minimum coverages allowed under Obamacare. Get out of federal exchanges. Makes a law dictating insurers can go across state lines and play hardball with insurers that kind of create monopolies that divy up the country.

Krauthammer rips GOP's 'epic fail' on healthcare
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/342647-krauthammer-rips-gops-epic-fail-on-healthcare

Fox News's Charles Krauthammer ripped Republicans for their "epic fail" on Tuesday following the GOP's failure to pass a Senate healthcare bill that repeals and replaces key provisions of ObamaCare.

“This is an epic fail,” Krauthammer said on Fox's "Special Report." “This is historic. This is seven years of arguing gone down the drain. And I think we’re at the end of the road, at least in this phase.”

The syndicated columnist called the announcement by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to have a vote on a clean repeal of ObamaCare a "bluff."

"The idea that they are going to get a repeal bill standing alone when repeal and replace was meant to mitigate the effects of a repeal is ridiculous," Krauthammer added.

The Fox News personality blamed the healthcare bill collapse on three reasons: the difficulty required to abandon entitlements after they are already doled out, a lack of leadership from President Trump, and the divide within the Republican Party as to what the healthcare bill should look like.

“There was no presidential leadership,”
Krauthammer continued, while comparing Trump to former President Obama, who he said gave many national addresses to promote the Affordable Care Act before it was passed into law.

“The moderates are afraid of the curtailment of Medicaid and the conservatives are the ones who wanted the curtailment of Medicaid as an entitlement out of control,” he said.

“You put all of those together and you get an epic fail,” Krauthammer concluded.

The only failure is that it continues to show how deep and wide the swamp really is. And how much the insurance lobby really controls health care in this country.

No President can do **** about that. Not in 6 months.

The only failure is that it continues to show how deep and wide the swamp really is. And how much the insurance lobby really controls health care in this country.

No President can do **** about that. Not in 6 months.

Or how much they control our corrupt senators.

He's right on everything but one thing...Obama did not sell the public on the ACA. It was passed despite majority public opinion against it. He only convinced Dems in Congress who love anything that puts them in greater control of people's lives and wallets.

Dead on. The democrats could give two ***** about people. They just love that power and control. Throw the peasants some crumbs out of OTHER people's pockets(middle class rape!)and call it a day.

We have what, three and a half years left of this **** show?

BREAKING: The Senate parliamentarian has ruled that major portions of the Senate GOP healthcare bill violate Senate rules, including the provision defunding Planned Parenthood.

Parliamentarian deals setback to Republican healthcare bill
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/343234-parliamentarian-deals-setback-to-gop-healthcare-bill

Major portions of the Republican bill to repeal and replace ObamaCare will require 60 votes, according to the Senate parliamentarian, meaning they are unlikely to survive on the floor.

The parliamentarian has advised senators that several parts of the bill could be stripped out, according to a document released Friday by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), the ranking member of the Senate Budget Committee. (Read the ruling here.)

The provisions that would likely be removed include polices important to conservatives, such as restrictions on tax credits being used for insurance plans that cover abortion.

Language in the bill defunding Planned Parenthood for a year also violates the rules of reconciliation, according to the parliamentarian. Republicans are using those rules to try and pass the bill with only a simple majority.

Democrats would be virtually certain to deny Republicans the 60 votes they would need to keep portions of the bill intact.

DEVELOPING ....

Clean Repeal then start over from the bottom up. Get both sides to work on it. Fix the other issues while your at it like cross state policies and tort reform. Open up the books at hospitals and get some real competition based on price and quality, get rid of insurecare and go back to calamity policies only and make the rest an open market with a safety net for those who TRULY need it. We should not be relying on insurance companies or the government for regular medical expenses when doing so artificially inflates prices just like is happening with government loans in education.

Congress has no backbone. Too much money from the insurance companies to keep it "uncertain" when they can charge an arm and leg for everything and blame it on Congress and Trump.

What a surprise this was the outcome....

Congress sucks in its current form. Don't know what to do. I don't want authoritism from the executive branch. We need to do better as voters and quit electing career politicians.

Congress has no backbone. Too much money from the insurance companies to keep it "uncertain" when they can charge an arm and leg for everything and blame it on Congress and Trump.

What a surprise this was the outcome....

Congress sucks in its current form. Don't know what to do. I don't want authoritism from the executive branch. We need to do better as voters and quit electing career politicians.
Agree. Trump has exposed that dung that is congress. They have to be voted out.

Dead on. The democrats could give two ***** about people. They just love that power and control. Throw the peasants some crumbs out of OTHER people's pockets(middle class rape!)and call it a day.

Problem is there are a lot of Republicans in the House and Senate who feel the same way. After they get to Washington they start liking power and big government too.