• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pieces of **** - Republicans in Congress - Hello? Donald?

Since costs have doubled from the time before Bommacare existed I think it is safe to say that the government needs to stay out of healthcare.

REPEAL AND REPLACE BOMMACARE WITH NOTHING!

Since costs have doubled from the time before Bommacare existed I think it is safe to say that the government needs to stay out of healthcare.

REPEAL AND REPLACE BOMMACARE WITH NOTHING!

The free market gets you the lowest price. When government pays for or subsidizes something the cost and price always goes up.*

* Just a reminder that cost and price are not the same thing.

Well, they are about to vote. This could be disasterous. However I did read something interesting today. Of the 23 million people that will "lose" healthcare under this new bill, 16 million of them will "lose" their healthcare because they will voluntarily drop out of the market because the mandate will be no more. No one mentioned that. A little intellectual dishonesty, I guess.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/449765/leaked-cbo-numbers-73-gop-coverage-losses-caused-individual-mandate-repeal

Some might drop out because of the mandate and reduced subsidies but it's still a very convenient overlooked fact of the CBO's projections of the GOP "plan".

People would leave health care VOLUNTARILY. Not because it's more expensive. Not because it's not available. Not because they don't need it. They would leave just because the "mandate" would leave that says you pay $600 on your taxes is you don't have insurance.

Yeah.... right.....

Pence breaks the tie. Senate bill will advance.

Here are the seven republicans who voted against full repeal -
Shelley Moore Capito - WV
Susan Collins - ME
Dean Heller - NV
Lisa Murkowski - AK
John McCain - AZ
Rob Portman - OH
Lamar Alexander - TN

Susan Collins - ME
Dean Heller - NV
Lisa Murkowski - AK
John McCain - AZ
Rob Portman - OH
Lamar Alexander - TN

RHINOs - one and all

McCain will be remembered as the Dems poster boy of failure when Obamacare goes under, and the Dems own it all now

They got the tumor, they left the demons

mccain-3.jpg

Last edited:
Now Schumer is singing the praises of the Collins, Murkowski, and McCain - the only three who also voted no on the "Skinny Repeal".

When Chuck Schumer is praising a republican, they have to go.

The blood is on their hands - them and the Dems own it 100% now

Couple jump to their deaths because they ‘can’t afford’ health care

A couple distraught over health care costs jumped to their deaths in Murray Hill early Friday — leaving suicide notes pleading for their children to be cared for, a law enforcement source told The Post.

The bodies of the man and woman, both in their 50s, were found on 33rd Street between Park and Madison avenues.

170728-double-suicide-feature-image.jpg

http://nypost.com/2017/07/28/couple-jumps-to-their-deaths-because-they-cant-afford-health-care/

I am done with the republican party. Buncha spineless, wishy-washy, low life, good for nothing **** bags led by a blow hard that is more interested in having his ego stroked instead of leading the country. I will never cast another vote for a republican again. If there isn't a viable independent, then I just won't vote. These people have no shame. Run for 8 ******* years on repealing and replacing ACA. Every damn one of them ran on it. Now they just can't do it. I hope we as a nation can run every damn one of them out of office. They don't deserve to serve this nation, as much as they have failed it.

Agree with McCain here. Too bad more GOP congressmen don't follow his lead. Maybe we'd finally get somewhere if they did.

John McCain: “We must now return to the correct way of legislating and send the bill back to committee, hold hearings, receive input from both sides of aisle, heed the recommendations of nation’s governors, and produce a bill that finally delivers affordable health care for the American people.”

Agree with McCain here. Too bad more GOP congressmen don't follow his lead. Maybe we'd finally get somewhere if they did.
In the meantime repeal that piece of **** like everyone, including whackjob McCain, said they would back in 2015.

I am done with the republican party. Buncha spineless, wishy-washy, low life, good for nothing **** bags led by a blow hard that is more interested in having his ego stroked instead of leading the country. I will never cast another vote for a republican again. If there isn't a viable independent, then I just won't vote. These people have no shame. Run for 8 ******* years on repealing and replacing ACA. Every damn one of them ran on it. Now they just can't do it. I hope we as a nation can run every damn one of them out of office. They don't deserve to serve this nation, as much as they have failed it.

A lot of them did the right thing but there's a few that you can't count on, and that was just enough. Need to take out some of the RINO's in the primary and replace some red state Democrats with Conservative Republicans.

Susan Collins - ME
Dean Heller - NV
Lisa Murkowski - AK
John McCain - AZ
Rob Portman - OH
Lamar Alexander - TN

True American heroes. We should stand and applaud them for their bravery and for rising above party politics. I knew there were still a few normal politicians in the GOP. Thanks for the list, I can now get to know them by name.

True American heroes. We should stand and applaud them for their bravery and for rising above party politics. I knew there were still a few normal politicians in the GOP. Thanks for the list, I can now get to know them by name.

Oh stop it. Everyone is a hero if they say what you want to hear. It isn't even about being right or wrong.

Damn, someone pour these poor souls a stiff drink, they're taking it hard.

151022_POL_Paul-Ryan.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

House Republicans despair after health care collapse
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/...ilure-house-republicans-react-241086?cmpid=sf

Speaker Paul Ryan was not his typical Eagle Scout optimistic self.

At a closed-door conference meeting with House Republicans hours after Sen. John McCain scuttled perhaps the last best hope of repealing Obamacare, Ryan read an excerpt from “The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald,” a song about sailors drowning in a 1975 shipwreck. He likened the tune to what he deemed the Senate’s tragic failure to repeal Obamacare.

House Republicans — the infamously fractious group that drove out their former speaker — are now the most functional part of government, the speaker told his members.

GOP House members lit into their Senate counterparts Friday, fingering them — and only them — for the death of a seven-year campaign promise. After taking a politically poisonous vote on a controversial repeal bill, the Senate failed to unite around a substantial policy replacing President Barack Obama’s health care law, leaving House Republicans exposed.

Now House Republicans are heading into a five-week summer recess visibly frustrated by their lack of accomplishments.

“The House did its job… The Senate needs to deliver,” said Rep. Steve Russell (R-Okla.), on his way into the morning meeting. “We’re all on this plane, and if it crashes, we all go down together.”

Don't bother. They will be gone next election cycle. Republicans who act like democrats will lose - either to a democrat or a real republican.

Susan Collins - ME
Dean Heller - NV
Lisa Murkowski - AK
John McCain - AZ
Rob Portman - OH
Lamar Alexander - TN

Those anti-American ******** voted against the will of the people who elected them. They are part of the swamp. Establishment hacks who are only concerned with lining their pockets. Anyone who sides with them wants the American worker to suffer.

Vote the ******* out. In fact if you run for office pledging to do something and you betray the people by doing the opposite. You should be removed from office immediately and replaced. ******* bunch of fraudulent con men. I'd seriously like to see another party in power. The libertarians would work If they could splash a little conservative on them.

Without any doubt term limits for all of these ********. It's getting old getting ****** without any lube or a kiss.

I planned on not voting for any incumbent ever again.

I said often during the election that I didn't think Obamacare would get repealed. That I will believe it when I see it. I was always skeptical. It's too much part of the system now.

On to the next thing. Tax reform would be nice as long as by "tax reform" they actually make the code a smaller book and not just amend things and give tax credits on a short-term basis as a stimulus package. The whole tax code needs almost reworked. Trump needs to do the two-for-one thing like he did with regulations. For any code added to taxes, two things need to be removed or something (maybe more).

I always believed Trump knows more about taxes and tax code than he does about health care. So maybe he'll be more involved on the actual language of the changes and negotiate with congress directly to get something done.

The buck stops....where? The truth stings, but we must talk about the elephant in the room.

A complete failure of Trump's leadership
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/28/o...ure-of-leadership-opinion-zelizer1258PMVODtop

In the end, nothing was more damaging to the Republican effort to repeal Obamacare than President Donald Trump himself. His performance in handling the first major legislative initiative of his administration was a complete failure of leadership. Had this been an episode of "The Apprentice," someone would be sitting around the boardroom table telling the commander in chief, "You're fired!"

Yes, it is difficult to dismantle any major piece of social policy. Once Americans become used to a program, no matter how controversial, taking away those benefits often fails. History is filled with examples, such as Social Security, where battles to retrench the social safety net go down in flames. But the Senate Republicans fell only one vote short of the number needed to keep the repeal effort alive.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is blaming the Democrats for the defeat that makes him look like much less than a master of the Senate.

Yet in this case the President must bear a huge part of the burden. This was an epic fail. With united government, a stunned Democratic Party and a promise to repeal that had been the rallying cry for the GOP since Congress passed the Affordable Care Act in 2010, Republicans faced pretty good odds that they could get some kind of bill to the President's desk.

But that didn't happen. Trump subverted their efforts at each step. The endless distractions and chaos from his Twitter account were devastating. There was no sustained effort from the White House to build legislative support for the bill or to sell the notion of an alternative health care system to the public.

At most he used his social media pulpit to castigate and cajole congressional Republicans who were in fact trying to work around the obstacles he created. Without any kind of message or vision, voters didn't see any reason to rally around this plan -- and enough Republicans on the Hill heard the message loud and clear. His biggest speech during the final days of the legislative battles was a fiery campaign one to the Boy Scouts.

The sudden announcement about reversing the Obama administration's policy allowing transgender people to serve in the military shocked and stunned Washington right when senators were trying to vote. At the key moment of decision-making, the new White House communications director was doing his job in very new ways by engaging in "locker room talk" with a New Yorker reporter about the President's top advisers.

The truth is out. Nobody is in control of this show.

The entire process was really a stunning display of dysfunctional policymaking. Historically whenever presidents take up major domestic initiatives, they have their staff work out broad objectives or detailed plans that become the basis of congressional debate.

They don't allow the entire process to deteriorate into what we saw -- legislators voting on invisible plans and then trying to make a big decision in a haphazard way, threatening to make massive changes to a key part of the economy without any sense of what they were doing. The President's decision to allow the debate to go this way reflected his complete lack of engagement with public policy.

The road is littered with the bodies of politicians who have been insulted and humiliated by Trump, and they aren't at all inclined to help him. Sen. John McCain, the Vietnam War hero whom Trump once mocked for having been taken captive, cast a pivotal vote against the "skinny bill" that would have given the GOP one more shot to work out a deal in conference committee.

Though McCain disappointed many people when he voted earlier this week to allow the bill to be debated, in the end he had no interest in enabling this chaos to continue.

Other senators such as Alaska's Lisa Murkowski refused to be intimidated by Trump's threats. And Trump didn't earn much credit when he publicly threatened Sen. Dean Heller rather than courting him.

Reports suggest that Trump's decision to lash out publicly at Attorney General Jeff Sessions not only angered Republicans on Capitol Hill but spread doubts they could trust him to stand by the party down the line after they took a tough and unpopular vote. Disloyalty matters in Washington.

It would be an awesome statement, if he meant it.

John McCain: “We must now return to the correct way of legislating and send the bill back to committee, hold hearings, receive input from both sides of aisle, heed the recommendations of nation’s governors, and produce a bill that finally delivers affordable health care for the American people.”

Yeah, like when Obamacare was first passed.

Right?!?!?

McCain ran on repeal, voted for repeal when he knew it would get vetoed, and **** himself when it was for real.

I think the Trump train is ready to use them 'sanders' to help get it over this hump in the tracks.

“If a new HealthCare Bill is not approved quickly, BAILOUTS for Insurance Companies and BAILOUTS for Members of Congress will end very soon!” Mr. Trump tweeted Saturday.

For months, Mr. Trump has threatened to stop reimbursements to insurance companies—a part of the ACA—but his administration has always paid them in the end, including amid significant uncertainty in June and at a crucial moment in GOP negotiations just a week ago in July. Those payments have been challenged in court by House Republicans, who argue the funds were never authorized by Congress. A federal judge has sided with the House but allowed the payments to continue until the litigation concludes.

It was also the first to mention that he was open to another idea proposed by conservative activists to pull lawmakers back to the task of a health-care bill: cutting off their existing health benefits.

Activists including Heritage Action, the political arm of the conservative Heritage Foundation, have proposed that Mr. Trump’s administration change a rule promulgated by the Office of Personnel Management during the Obama administration that allows members of Congress and their staff to obtain subsidized insurance alongside other Washington, D.C., small businesses.

That rule has been the subject of significant contention for years, with some lawmakers contending that it is an end-run around a provision in the 2010 health law that requires members of Congress to get their health coverage like other Americans. Lawmakers and their aides get a hefty subsidy from their employer—Congress—when they buy coverage through the D.C. online insurance exchange, which critics contend is unique to them
https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald...health-care-benefits-for-lawmakers-1501352607

vAPrJd4.jpg
CFHWbvD.jpg