• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Potential OC Candidates for the Steelers in 2024

I'd prefer Kubiak. I want someone from that Shanahan tree. Their offense just works. I mean, provided he would actually be allowed to run it in Pittsburgh.

Leftwich is exactly the guy the Steelers should avoid. I'm not sure why Steelers fans are so hung up on the guy. He's out of work for a reason. Bienemy might be alright, but the further he gets from Andy Reid, the more luster he loses.

The last thing the Steelers need from the new OC is total and complete deference to Coach Tomlin's antiquated offensive philosophy. I guess we will see.
I look at it as who they bring in. Someone like Kubiak won't want to be handcuffed. A lesser touted possibly maybe gives into some things easier.

Make no mistake about it this hire is just as important as the Omar hire and they damn well better treat it as such.

I think the decision has already been made. How does Tomlin come out and immediately cross off the current staff AND Leftwich.

Idk. Seems really odd to me. That said, I think Alex can pelt will be announced this week.

Am I crazy?

I think the decision has already been made. How does Tomlin come out and immediately cross off the current staff AND Leftwich.

Idk. Seems really odd to me. That said, I think Alex can pelt will be announced this week.

Am I crazy?
Maybe …
Pitt QB to coach up another Pitt QB..
Maybe that will make Kenny happy?

I mean it could be some prototypical pittsburgh connection guy like Tee martian or ARE... I mean Art 2 loved ARE and he is on the up n comers list

Better get the guy from SF, according to some in the Pittsburgh media, he'd be doing the same as Purdy if he were on that team, and Purdy would suck here. I don't know why no body wants to give Purdy any credit, but he completes 69% of his passes, has 44 career TD's to 15 INT's. There's no way in hell Pickett comes close to what Purdy is doing if here were in SF.

Better get the guy from SF, according to some in the Pittsburgh media, he'd be doing the same as Purdy if he were on that team, and Purdy would suck here. I don't know why no body wants to give Purdy any credit, but he completes 69% of his passes, has 44 career TD's to 15 INT's. There's no way in hell Pickett comes close to what Purdy is doing if here were in SF.
Hmmm? Bet he would come somewhat close... 34 & 18?

I believe the better comparison is what would Purdy do if he was the Steelers QB the last 2 seasons...I would say about the same as Kenny...

Purdy is not the guy alot of folks think he is..

And is not beating Jared Goff to go to the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
Hmmm? Bet he would come somewhat close... 34 & 18?
I believe the better comparison is what would Purdy do if he was the Steelers QB the last 2 seasons...I would say about the same as Kenny...

Purdy is not the guy alot of folks think he is..

And is not beating Jared Goff to go to the Super Bowl.
he's a hell of alot better than Pickett and would be doing alot better than Pickett has done here, Mason looked better in his 3 games to finish the season than Pickett has at any point here

What about college guys? It worked for the Rats with the guy from Georgia.

What about college guys? It worked for the Rats with the guy from Georgia.
While Monken was recently with GA I’d hardly call him a “college guy” he’s been with 3-4 NFL teams already and had close to a decade of coaching experience in the NFL.

But I get what you’re saying, they should definitely be exploring every option and searching under every rock for a competent coach

What it really comes down to is Deuce willing to open up his wallet, and will the candidate have the freedom to run his offense without interference?
History tells us that neither is likely to happen.
This^^^ If he does both things you mention Kubiak is the guy you want.

he's a hell of alot better than Pickett and would be doing alot better than Pickett has done here, Mason looked better in his 3 games to finish the season than Pickett has at any point here
YOu keep totally ignoring who was calling the plays. Judging any QB we have had for the last 4 years with the offense we have run is using fruit of the poisoned tree. It is of little value and not a fair comparison. Mason, whom I like, benefited greatly from better play calling than we have had in years. At least until the playoffs when it reverte a bit and Mason looked more pedestrian. I think Kenny would look as good as or damn close to as good as Purdy nd I think he has a stronger arm than Purdy. We will see.

Might have been deleted due to the other OC threads. 😇😁

Attachments

• umm-um.gif
    umm-um.gif
    39.6 KB · Views: 2
You didn't like anyone?

Tough customer. 😁
I should've specified the top 3. Bevell would be fine. Van Pelt or Hamilton, meh--neither one would be anything to get excited about.

Waldron was already hired when I read this and of course Kubiak is a name I want them to interview.

YOu keep totally ignoring who was calling the plays. Judging any QB we have had for the last 4 years with the offense we have run is using fruit of the poisoned tree. It is of little value and not a fair comparison. Mason, whom I like, benefited greatly from better play calling than we have had in years. At least until the playoffs when it reverte a bit and Mason looked more pedestrian. I think Kenny would look as good as or damn close to as good as Purdy nd I think he has a stronger arm than Purdy. We will see.
Ben's final two seasons, when he couldn't move, he threw for 7500 yards and 55 TD's.
Yeah there's no question Shanahan is way better than Canada/Fichtner, but we've had guys wide open and Kenny misses them or doesn't even see them. Everyone says Shanahan schemes people open, but their guys aren't wide open every play, Purdy still has to make throws into NFL windows or throw guys open.